freelance

quality posts: 15 Private Messages freelance

@woot - what the heck? I clincked, there are tons left, go to waiting room, asked me to click on purchase and goes back to waiting room. My tab still open with "waiting room" - this is cruel... they were not sold out!

Okay, I'll wait a while longer, but seriously....

**** Woot!
***Woot!

deviatedthoughts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deviatedthoughts

I just want the bag of stuff - mainly for the paper bag & the box. My dog likes the woot shipping boxes and playing with the bags of air.

bootawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootawoot
awnree1 wrote:anyone else STILL in the waiting room? Never been this far, not sure how long to expect that.

still in the waiting room. got here darn fast too

RV617

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RV617

Still in the waiting room. It seems to be pretty crowded in here.

Who just stepped on my foot?

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
Setral wrote:Still waiting here as well... but my friend I sent the link to, got in and ordered his, AFTER I did, what the heck is wrong with that!?

I think if everyone closes out the waiting room, it might let me in for my birthday Buccaneers of Caribbean.. okay let's try it in 1... 2.... 3... GO!

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
vsjammer wrote:So whats the waiting room?

Where we wait while everyone else gets their B 0 C ?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

misterjman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterjman
ashah1111 wrote:I'm still in the waiting room "fingers crossed"

im still hoping for that Booty of Contraband too! would be my Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
BonoMan wrote:Ugh. Clicked on the URL, which I had finished out as best I could, and instead of just...you know... CLICKING WHERE I CLICKED... it highlighted the whole URL (which is what Chrome does) and replaced all the text I entered with the single letter I was TRYING to just add to the end. Screwed by technology.

next time just hit CTRL+Z, i did the same thing..

acraigl

quality posts: 41 Private Messages acraigl

AoD for me, sigh.

StereoMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StereoMike

Went for the gun. WIN.

Still in the Antechamber of Doom. Probable LOSS. Oh well, maybe next time. At least I can light my cigars with a gun now.

tapehands

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tapehands

They really should add a chat feature to the waiting room...

In other news, I totally installed gimp at work just to be able to do this. c'moooooooooon first Buccaneers of Caribbean

eflores714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eflores714

NEXT!!!!!!

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1
Setral wrote:Still waiting here as well... but my friend I sent the link to, got in and ordered his, AFTER I did, what the heck is wrong with that!?

No, that doesn't seem to make sense at all.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

candyce1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candyce1203
impaul4 wrote:SUCCESS!!!! Buccaneers of Caribbean for me!!!!

when? how? there is still just that gun lighter and a sold out sign!!!!

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Yahhhr! As soon as I saw this beauty pop-up it became sold out. Looks like I missed out on my chance to get one. ...The and of course the ever elusive Bag-O-crap!

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell
vsjammer wrote:So whats the waiting room?

No idea if its changed, but it used to be where you went after there were enough orders placed to sell out, but not all the orders were confirmed yet. So you could get out on the good side if someone's credit card got rejected or (in this case) maybe if one of the orders came from someone who got a bag last night.

As they say on the page, "the odds are overwhelmingly against you".

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

Girlfriend just got the sold out reroute...but i'm still sittin here with it refreshing impending doom.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

srees304

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srees304

Woot, it was a lot of fun this time around. Thanks! No crap (still in the antechamber), but fun nonetheless.

sparkymcmuffin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparkymcmuffin
ashah1111 wrote:I'm still in the waiting room "fingers crossed"

I finally just got thrown out to the sold out page

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan
impaul4 wrote:I used Chrome and I had my cursor at the first letter I was missing and it saved it no matter how many times I clicked through my open tabs. Sounds like a user error.

No. I had one window open with the partly parsed out url and then another with the next sale coming up (two monitors). If you sit there refreshing one window until the final sale shows up, gather the letters mentally that you need, then mouse over to the next window to click on it to enter the window, it'll just highlight all the letters of the window you just clicked. If you do it quickly (like you're quickly trying to click on an address bar and quickly enter some text), then you'll end up highlighting and replacing text instead of adding to text.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

241 Woots not counting the past 2 days and this is what I get? No access to the item and the wrong URL for the B 0 C?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

krakinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krakinboy

Finally... Yaaars, I mean years of trying and I got a Booty of Contraband for my very own. Took me a minute to figure out what to do with the map, Glad I had the kids sissors and glue stick!

monkeylice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages monkeylice
cappo wrote:I got a volleyball set once.

I gave it to a friend for replacing a circuit breaker in my basement.

One time I got a baby shower-themed silverware set... for one person.

awnree1

bootawoot wrote:still in the waiting room. got here darn fast too

Hmm, maybe that was done because of yesterday's fiasco. But I type fast, part of the job, so I was able to look at my map and enter it quickly.

Waterhouse

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Waterhouse

Somewhere along the line I missed a map piece. Crud.

Despite not getting one, I have to cast a vote for this method, or something similar. It at least levels the playing field somewhat, as opposed to the traditional server/ISP roulette.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689
dagdamor90 wrote:So close, i misspelled one letter, thought it was a K instead of an R and I already missed it...

Okay, so did you think it was Kapacity Region? Bermuda Khombus? Romantic Kepresentation of Caribbean Piracy?

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

I had to choose between the gun or the bag. I chose the bag. But that gun looks awesome and I wanted one for my dad who collects guns.

ciozszmloes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciozszmloes

That was fun. I am sad that I still only have one Buccaneers of Caribbean after a few years of trying, but very well played woot.

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo
bhazlewood wrote:The flashing lights are still there. Usually on the last item, they are gone.

not anymore

vesayth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vesayth

Finally got my first Booty of Contraband! Thanks Woot!

rainydz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rainydz

AHHHHGGGG! I also missed the P. I've been wooting forever and have never been fast enoug to get a Buccaneers of Caribbean Please woot, get me through the waiting room and reward my loyalty with a Buccaneers of Caribbean for the first time ever.

whersh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whersh

for those that missed the USB drive here you go

deviatedthoughts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deviatedthoughts
krakinboy wrote:Finally... Yaaars, I mean years of trying and I got a Booty of Contraband for my very own. Took me a minute to figure out what to do with the map, Glad I had the kids sissors and glue stick!

I think there should be send in pictures of all of the maps. Especially the cut out ones. Those would be fun!

awnree1

awnree1 wrote:Hmm, maybe that was done because of yesterday's fiasco. But I type fast, part of the job, so I was able to look at my map and enter it quickly.

as in, I didn't 'cheat' I put the map together and followed the path to get to my destination...

Setral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Setral
Figit090 wrote:Girlfriend just got the sold out reroute...but i'm still sittin here with it refreshing impending doom.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just got kicked to Sold Out... you have to be kidding me! I was logged in, I went to the link. It sent me to the Antechamber of Doom and left me there, but a friend I sent the link to, got in pretty quickly and got an order!?

SpicyMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpicyMike
krakinboy wrote:Finally... Yaaars, I mean years of trying and I got a Booty of Contraband for my very own. Took me a minute to figure out what to do with the map, Glad I had the kids sissors and glue stick!

Did you give the glue stick to the kids, to keep them quiet while you wooted? :P

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I miss the days before the "Troubles". When we could actually see how many sold.

That and actually have a chance at getting a Buccaneers of Caribbean

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc

You know, if they're going to stick is in the antechamber for eternity, they could at least provide some sort of entertainment. A chat room, a game, that sort of thing. Or, at least, end the danged thing instead of leaving us hanging. I know it's sold out, but I can't bring myself to close the dang thing.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

patreezia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages patreezia

I'm confused. I haven't been playing the map stuff, been too busy most of the day--but was on Woot, checking out the various parts, buying a little of this n' that, then back to main Woot, and it was this dumb lighter, but when I read the comments, apparently the lighter was the Buccaneers of Caribbean in disguise somehow. Can anyone explain all this? also, why does it show sold out, but seems to be stuck there (no new item)? Thanks for any enlightenment, all you more devoted map-playing wooters.

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan
Figit090 wrote:next time just hit CTRL+Z, i did the same thing..

Ctrl Z doesn't undo text replacement? I had it in my clipboard so I just quickly copied and pasted it back into the address bar, but it's enough time to cost a Buccaneers of Caribbean No biggie though.