MukYJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MukYJ

Still in the waiting room, just waiting for it to refresh and tell me that it's sold out.

wvtechguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvtechguru

I am all for treasure hunting, the adventure is a blast. Since I am no quick draw... How about you muster up some bags and let the trusty f5 key do thy bidding?

bhazlewood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhazlewood
Charitwo wrote:not anymore

Well that's less than fully satisfying.

thespiansmc

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thespiansmc

ok, that's over, now I need to decide if I want a pink ukelele from 1SaleADay.

dfilter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dfilter

oh woot, waiting in your antechamber of doom is like waiting at the DMV *looks around for any sign of progress*

queball89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages queball89

Still in waiting room...will it throw me out if sold out

bootawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootawoot
n2f wrote:I think that was the easiest, quickest order process for a bag that I've ever had. No waiting, went to processing and then pretty quickly to completed. I have low expectations for the crap itself, but it's still always fun.

gloat much?

srees304

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srees304

Great idea using an image hosting service, by the way, Woot!

On the other hand, I miss the stats that told us how many were sold and what the Woot! Wage was!

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
thespiansmc wrote:ok, that's over, now I need to decide if I want a pink ukelele from 1SaleADay.

1SaleADay is sketchy!

vmorgs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vmorgs
StereoMike wrote:Went for the gun. WIN.

Still in the Antechamber of Doom. Probable LOSS. Oh well, maybe next time. At least I can light my cigars with a gun now.

Holy crap that was a lighter?! I was too focused on the treasure map to really pay attention and thought it was either A. Replica faux gun or B. Toy gun. Had I known it was a lighter, I would've been in for at least one! I too want to light my cigars with a gun!! =(

Dear Woot: If I ever make it out of the Waiting Room and to the order page, please oh please put a gun lighter in my Buccaneers of Caribbean Thanks much! Love, Me!

forebrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages forebrain

Sigh, kicked out of the antechamber. At least I had a chance tonight.

NotEd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NotEd

Poop, after all that it's already gone.

Plus I couldn't even get the second map to work. I had to print and assemble it in Black and White, so I think I messed up somewhere.
What can I say, no color printer here.

RV617

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RV617

Soooo, still in the waiting room. What do I do now? Wait? 'Cause I wanna go to bed.

buttons23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttons23

I never get the Buccaneers of Caribbean i've been trying for a long time to get one, but nope. One time i was close, but the loading screen for the ordering process was extremely slow, so I didn't get one. =/

Holysin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Holysin
Setral wrote:Just got kicked to Sold Out... you have to be kidding me! I was logged in, I went to the link. It sent me to the Antechamber of Doom and left me there, but a friend I sent the link to, got in pretty quickly and got an order!?

Thus doesth the gods of woot punish those that disregard the secrecy clause of the treasure hunt. Such as it was done so shall it be done until the end of time, or this wootoff whichever comes firsteth.

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo
Setral wrote:Still waiting here as well... but my friend I sent the link to, got in and ordered his, AFTER I did, what the heck is wrong with that!?

You gave them your bag.

bobmctooth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobmctooth

Just refreshed to the sold out page for me. I'm out!

bhazlewood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhazlewood
patreezia wrote:I'm confused. I haven't been playing the map stuff, been too busy most of the day--but was on Woot, checking out the various parts, buying a little of this n' that, then back to main Woot, and it was this dumb lighter, but when I read the comments, apparently the lighter was the Buccaneers of Caribbean in disguise somehow. Can anyone explain all this? also, why does it show sold out, but seems to be stuck there (no new item)? Thanks for any enlightenment, all you more devoted map-playing wooters.

The map was the key - it spelled out a special URL to get to the Beast of Cranberries.

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
RV617 wrote:Soooo, still in the waiting room. What do I do now? Wait? 'Cause I wanna go to bed.

Go to bed.

vmorgs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vmorgs
forebrain wrote:Sigh, kicked out of the antechamber. At least I had a chance tonight.

I'm still in it, for now...but I think I'd rather be in bed. Oh Woot...why must you torment me so?

Russ6169

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Russ6169

Made me sign in again, then booted me out to the sold out buy page...booooo

misterjman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterjman

didnt get it after waiting for 10 minutes in the chamber of doom

jond777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jond777

put up a new deal already !!!!!!!

thel7726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thel7726

i just got redirected to sold out. man i thought i was in there pretty quickly too!

Dartagnan87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dartagnan87

Waiting room just sent me to the sold out page

MukYJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MukYJ

Aaaand, there we have it - booted out of the Antechamber in Chrome, but still waiting there in Firefox (not holding out any hope there).

musclesmarinara68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musclesmarinara68

[I have no idea what just happened...

BonoMan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BonoMan
forebrain wrote:Sigh, kicked out of the antechamber. At least I had a chance tonight.

I got kicked to the login page...even though I had already logged in minutes prior to going into the antechamber(made me think I had a chance at one and somehow got logged out).

eflores714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eflores714

No, you aren't seeing a side effect from your allergy medication. You have found a Woot-Off, a short term frenzied mutation of our product posting procedure. In Woot-Off mode, a new product is launched immediately after the sellout of the previous deal. There is a half-Woot-life of 12 hours maximum on any product within a Woot-Off that does not sell out. The number of Woot-Off items, sequence and quantity will not be announced. When Woot-Off mode is over, the orange lights will disappear and our normal schedule will resume. Depending on its success, this may be a mode we would go into once or twice a month for a relatively short duration of time (24-72 hours generally).

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo

Well, I finally got booted back to the sold out page.

Two wasted days.

trogas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trogas

And that's that. I was quick, I was on it - probably 15-20 seconds after the map posted I had the link. Immediate click and then the waiting room up until now.

Congrats to those that were faster than that! Impressive.

See you next time!

candyce1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candyce1203
COPLATE wrote:Waiting room this soon!?
Edit at 11:13

I'm in the waiting room, but the main page still says available: Sad Face
:-(

what is a waiting room? I'm still seeing the sold out gun

iluvu4eternity

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iluvu4eternity

So wat was the passcode?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
peaceetc wrote:You know, if they're going to stick is in the antechamber for eternity, they could at least provide some sort of entertainment. A chat room, a game, that sort of thing. Or, at least, end the danged thing instead of leaving us hanging. I know it's sold out, but I can't bring myself to close the dang thing.

Me too!

But I keep hoping that someone's card will get declined.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1

can I plead with the Woot Gods to grant me success, as a b-day gift?!?! Please....

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689
patreezia wrote:I'm confused. I haven't been playing the map stuff, been too busy most of the day--but was on Woot, checking out the various parts, buying a little of this n' that, then back to main Woot, and it was this dumb lighter, but when I read the comments, apparently the lighter was the Buccaneers of Caribbean in disguise somehow. Can anyone explain all this? also, why does it show sold out, but seems to be stuck there (no new item)? Thanks for any enlightenment, all you more devoted map-playing wooters.

1. I think it's the last woot off item and therefore there likely will not be another item until midnite CST.

2. Each time an item was posted with a map piece, we assembled that piece with the prior piece. The map revealed a URL one piece at a time. One we had the last piece which revealed the final characters of the URL, we went to that URL and it was a Buccaneers of Caribbean for sale (briefly). So that's how that worked.

deviatedthoughts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deviatedthoughts
bhazlewood wrote:The map was the key - it spelled out a special URL to get to the Beast of Cranberries.

Wait - There are cranberries in that bag? Now I want it! I need something to eat tonight at work.

peaceetc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages peaceetc
CalcMonkey wrote:1SaleADay is sketchy!

Really? I've ordered from them a handful of times, and I've never had any trouble. Do you know something I don't?

(x18)

thespiansmc

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thespiansmc
CalcMonkey wrote:1SaleADay is sketchy!

They sold me my Roku XS after I waited a month for woot to offer one.

(honest; I really was waiting for Woot, and nothing, they offered the lowest end Roku at 5 am during a woot off after I waited 3 weeks after deciding I wanted one, and then lo and behold, 1SaD had the XS, as a refurb, for $59)

722lad

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad

If you're waiting in the antechamber you might as well stop. I entered the url fast, was immediately placed in the chamber, was asked eventually to log in, it kept refreshing and finally loaded the buy page... where it is most definitely sold out.

http://www.woot.com/offers/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp