freelance

quality posts: 15 Private Messages freelance

Still in the waiting room after visiting the order page and clicking the button ---- why did it kick me back to the waiting room?

I even went back to another tab to check and there was the "I want One" button large as life and ready for clicking. (which I did) now I have two of them on the waiting room.

What's up with this?

**** Woot!
***Woot!

jmunzke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmunzke

arrrrr. waiting room - > sold out and I thought I was lightnin quick too!

ericeash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericeash

same as others, had the url pre pasted and only had to enter last few letters. went straight to waiting room, wanted my password even though logged in about 10 min after entering waiting room, then refreshed to sold out. i had to of been one of the first 200, i think something is not right with this one just like last night.

grassynoel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grassynoel

still in antichamber at 11:42 central

FeMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeMaster
Russ6169 wrote:If anyone still wants the gun:
http://www.amazon.com/Wyndham-House-Decorative-Lighter-Replica/dp/B005OQ1GJ4

Only 1 left as of 11:44CDT, better hurry!

tennisspears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennisspears

Got my email for being one of the first 200 to click after the map piece was posted last night! Crap ordered!

girlfriday98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages girlfriday98

ok I finally just got kicked out of the waiting room and into the sold out page. It says speed to first woot was 15.22 seconds. I am pretty sure I clicked the big gold button if not before that amount of time had passed then close to it. What is the secret to getting these things? I'm using Chrome... is one browser better than another for purposes of crap?

CDub121283

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CDub121283

Boo. Just got thrown to the sold out page.

But that means I can go to bed. So there's that...

dofitz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dofitz
GTTraveller wrote:Darn you Woot. Spent too much time on this stupid woot off to only find 11 treasure pieces. The puzzle is not complete.

Me too, spent all damn day assembling the map and never got the bottom left piece (so I guess I actually had 12). Anyone know what item that was with?

nlabirdlady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nlabirdlady

Still waiting at 12:43 eastern.....5 years I've tried and no Buccaneers of Caribbean for me yet. Closest I've been, though....

justin364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justin364

Arrrgh... curses be to woot for their limited quantity of crap!

Seriously, though. Spent most of the day on this, and mistyped a letter. Straight to the antechamber. I am so freaking bummed.

eflores714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eflores714
cappo wrote:Free shipping ends in 21 minutes.

Which will be when the new item shows up.

It states UNLOCKED til midnight

krakinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krakinboy
deviatedthoughts wrote:Wait, you ate the gluestick?

Not quite the same as the paste from 70s grade school, but beggers can't be choosers!

jhh0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhh0001
vonjoua wrote:Me too, its the wait that never ends...

jhh0001 wrote:Yes, it goes on and on my friends...

Some people tried to buy it not even knowing what it was

monster2333

quality posts: 2 Private Messages monster2333

Still clinging to that tiny sliver of hope because I haven't been booted out of the waiting room yet...

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch
girlfriday98 wrote:ok I finally just got kicked out of the waiting room and into the sold out page. It says speed to first woot was 15.22 seconds. I am pretty sure I clicked the big gold button if not before that amount of time had passed then close to it. What is the secret to getting these things? I'm using Chrome... is one browser better than another for purposes of crap?

No idea. I'm using Opera and still in the Waiting Room.

musclesmarinara68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musclesmarinara68

After finally figuring this thing out (maybe I'm slow), I figured this seemed like a cool game...but how did you all manage to collect all the pieces? I can't imagine people took off from work for the last 2 days. Sigh. Better luck next time.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast

As we found out with the Bacon Coffin, Woot-Offs dont have to end with monkeys. The last item will stay until midnight and the new Woot Day will start.

I predict that Thunder Thighs and a few others will be enjoying adult beverages very soon. (Or is Carrollton dry?)

Good night everyone it was certainly an interesting Woot Off, much better than the bacon mess last time...

Edit Thanks for the several opportunities to buy monkeys! I finally caught the last one!

dtairtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtairtime

I am still soooo stinkin confused.

What map pieces? I haven't been glued to the site but all day on and off and I even checked a past deal checker site and saw NO MAPS.

Then how the heck did people find out that was the process this time - again I saw nothing to indicate the woot off was different.

Please somebody take pity on me and explain this??

nlabirdlady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nlabirdlady

Same here, was in and hit the buy one button faster than 15 seconds. Still in waiting room.....

girlfriday98 wrote:ok I finally just got kicked out of the waiting room and into the sold out page. It says speed to first woot was 15.22 seconds. I am pretty sure I clicked the big gold button if not before that amount of time had passed then close to it. What is the secret to getting these things? I'm using Chrome... is one browser better than another for purposes of crap?

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
722lad wrote:If you're waiting in the antechamber you might as well stop. I entered the url fast, was immediately placed in the chamber, was asked eventually to log in, it kept refreshing and finally loaded the buy page... where it is most definitely sold out.

http://www.woot.com/offers/rbhsfrrnltibcswvitpbntophssrbraarrcp

Thank you. I certainly missed at least one of the map pieces (don't know where, since I went through the list twice! Wave The Flag!) and somehow missed the need to add the /offers/ detail.

ALAS, still no Bites of Cheddar for me....

ericeash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericeash

i'm using chrome as well, i wonder if there is a certain browser faster than the others.

dtairtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtairtime

Accidental second post due to an error page - sorry.

jond777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jond777

PUT UP A NEW DEAL ALREADY !!!!!!!
Its Almost Midnight !!!!

elezar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages elezar
candyce1203 wrote:what is a waiting room? I'm still seeing the sold out gun

The waiting room is in reference to the puzzle game that led to a special webpage for a Buccaneers of Caribbean not the "normal" items in the woot-off (Which is apparently now over).

The waiting room is a way that they've come up with to help handle the load of everyone trying to order a Buccaneers of Caribbean Instead of waiting for everyone's credit cards to get charged real time (Which is really slow when you consider probably thousands of orders coming in in less than a minute), they take a whole bunch of extra orders for the Buccaneers of Caribbean All of those orders that are beyond the number of Buccaneers of Caribbean that they have, are placed in the waiting room. If you're in the waiting room and enough people ahead of you have their order cancelled (CC denied, etc.), then you'll get one.

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
dtairtime wrote:I am still soooo stinkin confused.

What map pieces? I haven't been glued to the site but all day on and off and I even checked a past deal checker site and saw NO MAPS.

Then how the heck did people find out that was the process this time - again I saw nothing to indicate the woot off was different.

Read the thread.

deviatedthoughts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deviatedthoughts
krakinboy wrote:Not quite the same as the paste from 70s grade school, but beggers can't be choosers!

Meh, I guess it works and is safer than Collodion fumigated Oreos. (They still taste fine-ish.)

toastedgoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedgoat

well i just got booted out to the sold out page. :/ oh well. still fun! thanks woot! i still got 4 monkeys and a bunch of other stuff. i wish money grew on trees.....

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
eflores714 wrote:It states UNLOCKED til midnight

Midnight CST

jhh0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhh0001
vonjoua wrote:it is the wait that never ends...

jhh0001 wrote:Yes, it goes on and on my friends...

jhh0001 wrote:Some people tried to buy it not even knowing what it was

And they'll continue trying to forever just because...

vonjoua wrote:it is the wait that never ends...

pressmenot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pressmenot

12:53 EST still waiting

musclesmarinara68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musclesmarinara68

I too was lost in the darkness. Apparently, certain woots had TREASURE in a description somewhere. In the section where it shows other pictures of the item, the last pic was a piece of a map. All found pieces had highlighted letters that formed a marked treasure map of letters that you would type into a URL.

I have no idea how people stayed on top of every single item to find the map pieces. That booty better be worth it!

FeMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeMaster

How about that big banner under every item that states, "WOOT-OFF: THE SEARCH FOR Crapbeard's Treasure - A Scurvy-Ridden Scavenger Hunt"

That was a pretty big tip-off for myself...

acronauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acronauer

For each item that had -TREASURE- in the 1-sentence item description, you had to click for more information. Then, among the photos of the item was a piece of a treasure map. Assembling those pieces yielded the URL for the Booty of Contraband.

CalcMonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CalcMonkey
elezar wrote:The waiting room is in reference to the puzzle game that led to a special webpage for a Buccaneers of Caribbean not the "normal" items in the woot-off (Which is apparently now over).

The waiting room is a way that they've come up with to help handle the load of everyone trying to order a Buccaneers of Caribbean Instead of waiting for everyone's credit cards to get charged real time (Which is really slow when you consider probably thousands of orders coming in in less than a minute), they take a whole bunch of extra orders for the Buccaneers of Caribbean All of those orders that are beyond the number of Buccaneers of Caribbean that they have, are placed in the waiting room. If you're in the waiting room and enough people ahead of you have their order cancelled (CC denied, etc.), then you'll get one.

I guess as each cc gets approved they are knocking people over to the sold out screen starting at who clicked last? That could explain why some are still in the waiting room.

yumtoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yumtoast

I haven't used woot! in years, but I came back yesterday and I was surprised there was a woot-off.

When did woot implement a puzzle system to purchase a Booty of Contraband? It used to be the last item displayed during a woot-off that only appeared once in a blue moon.

toastedgoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedgoat
pressmenot wrote:12:53 EST still waiting

your clock is wrong.

grassynoel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages grassynoel

on the first page it says "Woot-off: the search for Crapbeard's Treasure" with link to explanation: http://www.woot.com/blog/post/the-search-for-crapbeards-treasure-a-woot-off-treasure-hunt

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1

Argh, still in the waiting room... been a disappointing bday so far, but will it be crappy?

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

I lost interest in woot-offs when they went to this new format and the stupid minigames for Buccaneers of Caribbean. Ridiculous I have to log in after I've already logged in.