3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Little Giant AltaOne 17 Ladder
$159.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

sarya156

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarya156

What can I say, to go from lighter Pirate Guns to this, it makes ones heart sink

dokupuffs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dokupuffs

Finally I have have a way to reach my high shelves to store all the woot-junk I bought yesterday.

richard89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richard89

lmfao a ladder come on

richardpadams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richardpadams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0J2KG7GG5o&noredirect=1

Makes me wish I was in the market for a ladder.

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

I own one of these, myself. I recently figured out that the last few worst woot offs ever were a result from inadvertently walking under this ladder.

yumtoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yumtoast

Though this is unrelated to the ladder, why do we have to pay $5.00 for shipping again after the woot-off? If I recall correctly, it's not yet midnight CST.

I'm cheap and I don't really want to spend another $5.00...

arclamp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arclamp

Yes, Little Giants are kinda-sorta pricy but the stability and flexibility are well worth it. If you're uncomfortable using a ladder, this is the ladder to buy (and I speak from experience).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

yumtoast wrote:Though this is unrelated to the ladder, why do we have to pay $5.00 for shipping again after the woot-off? If I recall correctly, it's not yet midnight CST.

I'm cheap and I don't really want to spend another $5.00...

It is midnight CST. The woot-off is over and this is Thursday's sale that was posted at midnight.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

yumtoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yumtoast
ThunderThighs wrote:It is midnight CST. The woot-off is over and this is Thursday's sale that was posted at midnight.

My free shipping lasted until 11:00pm PST yesterday so I was thinking that 11:00PST = 00:00 CST.

Oh well, I should have just double checked a global clock.

oneortwo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages oneortwo

Heavy...oh so heavy. And the rungs are narrow and kind of slick for wide feet. And not as easy to change configurations as they make it look. Mine is gathering dust, unfortunately.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

stunna735

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunna735

Is this the same ladder the guy falls into in the famous live infomercial blooper?

He saying "look how easy to use and sturdy this is." Just then Cra-plplpl-crack.

jamilworm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jamilworm

I've been waiting for an extension ladder. Woohoo!

therealjrn

quality posts: 58 Private Messages therealjrn
stunna735 wrote:Is this the same ladder the guy falls into in the famous live infomercial blooper?

He saying "look how easy to use and sturdy this is." Just then Cra-plplpl-crack.

No

Happy 10th Woot!

jro2020

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jro2020

Woot please get a little giant pro, or a Costco next time this crap with the type 1 ladders have got to stop. They are of no use to anyone except m
Kids and midgets who want to carry pillows up the ladder. The rest of us who need to take tools and what not up and down ladders need one that is safe for over 250 lbs.

isnoop

quality posts: 9 Private Messages isnoop
stunna735 wrote:Is this the same ladder the guy falls into in the famous live infomercial blooper?

That was the Flex-O-Ladder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlgYQwf1Pug

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000
ThunderThighs wrote:It is midnight CST. The woot-off is over and this is Thursday's sale that was posted at midnight.

Sigh.

Ippy98

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ippy98
oneortwo wrote:Heavy...oh so heavy. And the rungs are narrow and kind of slick for wide feet. And not as easy to change configurations as they make it look. Mine is gathering dust, unfortunately.

It is a little heavy, how ever I have no issues changing configurations, and I'm short, only 5'5. I love my little giant (that I got from Woot).

Great multiple configurations, and very sturdy, well made.

My version does not have the tool/paint tray nor the wheels (wish it did).

Other wise, its a good deal IMO

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I guess this is the corporate ladder that you have to climb.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

lvidmar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvidmar
jro2020 wrote:Woot please get a little giant pro, or a Costco next time this crap with the type 1 ladders have got to stop.

Is this the 1A version of the same size ladder? (Heavier duty, same size, $20 more)?
http://www.costco.com/Little-Giant®-MegaLite™-Multi-purpose-Ladder-with-Wheels.product.11681334.html

I guess the downside there is you need a membership ~$50/yr, and have to pay cash/debit.

cosmicshepard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmicshepard
jro2020 wrote:Woot please get a little giant pro, or a Costco next time this crap with the type 1 ladders have got to stop. They are of no use to anyone except m
Kids and midgets who want to carry pillows up the ladder. The rest of us who need to take tools and what not up and down ladders need one that is safe for over 250 lbs.

Lose some weight, tools don't weigh THAT much!

carpenterty

quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpenterty

I have looked at the Werners Home Depot, the little Giant at Costco and Harbor Freights version and ended up buying two Harbor freights each under $100 with 20% coupon you can find almost anywhere. http://www.harborfreight.com/17-ft-type-1a-multi-task-ladder-67646.html

Just looked on their site they have a 20% off coupon you can print. Ladder would come to $114.

Harbor freights ladder have wide rungs can hold over 300lbs and overall is more solid and beefy than the name brands. However it is heavier but that is its only downfall.

I love these ladders replaced my wooden tripod ladder and cheap aluminum extension ladder.

I personally would hold off and check out HF ladder first if you have one in town. Here in the Seattle/Tacoma area we have 4 within 10 miles of eachother.

Yes some of there tools are garbage but the ladders sure are not!

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo

They recommend using Pledge brand furniture polish to lubricate the locking mechanisms.
I have the older model and it is very heavy.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
lvidmar wrote:Is this the 1A version of the same size ladder? (Heavier duty, same size, $20 more)?
http://www.costco.com/Little-Giant®-MegaLite™-Multi-purpose-Ladder-with-Wheels.product.11681334.html

I guess the downside there is you need a membership ~$50/yr, and have to pay cash/debit.

It's true that this ladder is rated "only" Type 1 and Costco's is 1A, but woot's deal includes the work platform, which is $29.99 on amazon. This ladder is also two pounds lighter than the 1A version at Costco. [Although Costco does accept American Express, so does woot. ]

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

phlypp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phlypp

My ladyfriend has had two of these types of ladders, one Little Giant and one somebody else, and this is by far the better one. The other one wasn't as stable (no spread legs), had severe pinching problems when opening/closing the sections, and didn't have wheels. I hated to use her other one but don't mind this one. However, plan for some setup time and space requirements each use, best used outdoors. The ladder swings out so you need to have a full arc of space to open it if you're using it as an extension ladder.

Be Here Now!

kerrlawfirm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kerrlawfirm

I purchased a Little Giant on a prior Woot offering. I use it in my office for all needs when I need a ladder. It is solid and stable. The Woot price is a favorable price for those who need a utility ladder. The wheels and platform on this offering make this deal even better.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy
oneortwo wrote: Mine is gathering dust, unfortunately.

So if it were easier to change configurations you'd spend lots more time laddering??

0_o

You've been put on posting probation for this post

lrsmithwhaley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrsmithwhaley

I've used this exact ladder a few times, and love it. We have little Giants (the 1A's) at work, and literally slide them around, throw them, and use them all the time, and have no issues. The only thing with Little Giants, is "every so often" you need to lube the latch mechanisms. You can use CLP, or just about any other lubricant though I recommend using a very small amount, and not a spray like WD-40. "Every so often" depends on how often you use the ladder.

1wally1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1wally1

I have owned a little giant for 10+ years and highly recommend. Very sturdy comfortable and compact.

kennyminot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kennyminot

No offense, guys, but this site has gone to #@$#. I'm seriously considering cutting Woot from my normal morning internet browsing. I mean, a ladder? Put this stuff in Woot Home. Isn't that why you created 40 billion sub-Woots?

m3rdpwr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m3rdpwr

This is not the newest version of the ladder.

The newest version has a much easier height adjustment lever.

These old style pull and twist aren't as nice.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

I got the step ladder version for about the same price here on WOOT a couple months ago. For my purposes that was best for me but this one does a good job as a step ladder but also has the ability to be an extension ladder at the same time. I found the quality to be very high and I expect years of use with no issues out of it. Also, the price here on WOOT is better than I have been able to find elsewhere. For this price point, I do not think you could go wrong and if I did not already own a little giant, I would be taking this offer here on WOOT. I disagree with some that are complaining about WOOT selecting this item to put up for sale. It is a great product that many could use and it is priced right. If you have the need I recommend this ladder and at this price.

timothydwyer1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timothydwyer1

These are great sturdy ladders. Maybe a bit heavier than some others, but well worth the solid feel when you are up there. The platform is amazing. Woot is showing it as a tool platform. You can also use it as a work platform. You won't believe how much difference there is between standing on a latter rung and on the platform until you try it. Check the Little Giant site for photos. they fold up compactly for storage or transport. I have Models 26 and 17. Love em both.

timothytim

Teluvian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Teluvian

I'm interested in picking up one of these for my parents, but I'm concerned about the maximum standing height for the A-Frame configuration. According to the specs, this ladder will reach 7' as an A-Frame. Is this the maximum standing height or will that be a couple of steps lower? Ultimately, I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to paint a 12' ceiling with this configured as an A-Frame. Anyone able to shed some light?

Aelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aelon

Anyone know if Crapbeard's Treasure quesst is still going on?

jmwills

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmwills

This is the low end of the three and not the one shown in the infomercials.
Having said that, it is still a good buy but know the options.

Firebert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Firebert

Hands down the best ladder I've ever owned. I tip the scale at 280 and this ladder is rock solid. Love that it collapses for storage. It is heavy for a step ladder but it is ALSO a 17' extension ladder! OF course it is heavy, and it is built to last.

At the shortest step ladder configuration standing on the very top is comfortable and steady, I do it all the time for accessing the shelves in my garage.

IF you have ever thought of getting one don't hesitate anymore. That video on youtube about them popping out is garbage, don't be a powder monkey and you'll be fine.

Firebert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Firebert
Aelon wrote:Anyone know if Crapbeard's Treasure quesst is still going on?

LOL. Nope, but that won't prevent you from finding all the pieces, there just won't be any crap at the end of the tunnel. But that was true for most crap hunters. I had the solution in about 15 seconds after the piece was releases and I was not quick enough to score crap.