cjpowers

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cjpowers
carpenterty wrote:
I personally would hold off and check out HF ladder first if you have one in town. Here in the Seattle/Tacoma area we have 4 within 10 miles of eachother.

Yes some of there tools are garbage but the ladders sure are not!

Most HP is such garbage that I would be hesitant to buy a ladder from them.

As for this one, I own the 21' version and I love it. It is a little heavy, but that doesn't bother me. Also, at 150lbs, the 250lb limit isn't an issue with me either.

cjpowers

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cjpowers
Firebert wrote:IF you have ever thought of getting one don't hesitate anymore. That video on youtube about them popping out is garbage, don't be a powder monkey and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I had to laugh at that YouTube video. I don't think the ladder exists that wouldn't fall if you put it on ice and purposely set the legs unevenly, then jump on it.

ToejamFootball

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ToejamFootball

I am in agreement. Bought this on Woot a couple of months ago after thinking about it for a couple of years. My husband uses it..and I use it once he has it dragged out and set up, but it just too heavy for me to pull it out and set it up on my own like I was hoping.

oneortwo wrote:Heavy...oh so heavy. And the rungs are narrow and kind of slick for wide feet. And not as easy to change configurations as they make it look. Mine is gathering dust, unfortunately.

ToeJamFootball

briannanoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages briannanoob

Another reat use I found for this. If I want to annoy my neighbors, I sometimes put this on my lawn and dress in nothing but a scanty t-shirt and Daisy Dukes. I then lie on the ladder in very provocative poses for hours, teasing my neighbor's husband. It's especially effective in the rain, when my t-shirt gets wet. The look on her face is so precious, I may upload it to YouTube.

The 24 total unique configurations allow me to get into poses a normal ladder wouldn't. The fact that it supports 250lbs allows me to add a bowling ball to the act, although two bowling balls may be too much. Seems pretty sturdy, and remains stable despite triple flips. I also love the fact that it's made in the USA because I'm a patriot and may even use flags while posing.

The wheels are helpful because I sometimes pose on different lawns, depending on who is annoying me on the PTA. This is worth the investment if you do what I do although it's cheaper to rent if don't do it longterm like me.

bigj78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigj78

Pamada/Costco has almost the exact same ladder for 95$ I bought one two weeks ago.

m3rdpwr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m3rdpwr
bigj78 wrote:Pamada/Costco has almost the exact same ladder for 95$ I bought one two weeks ago.

I have the Costco one and it is definitely heavier.

bern47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bern47
Ippy98 wrote:It is a little heavy, how ever I have no issues changing configurations, and I'm short, only 5'5. I love my little giant (that I got from Woot).

Great multiple configurations, and very sturdy, well made.

My version does not have the tool/paint tray nor the wheels (wish it did).

Other wise, its a good deal IMO

Wheels, paint tray, standoff, work stand etc. are all available online (ebay). Pricey but worth the $, make an already great ladder even better.

Ladder is easy enough to use, just need to practice a little bit with it when you get it before you put it into regular use.

omoomo

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omoomo

Bought one last time...yes it's a bit heavy, but has wheels which are easy to engage.

Best ladder I've ever own...can't recommend it enough.

Had a stairs hallway we wanted to paint and couldn't figure out how to get in tight spots...this ladder made it a breeze. Save us big bucks from not hiring a pro painter.

wjdavenport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wjdavenport

Best Ladder EVER!
I weigh over 250! and it's solid!
Moving it around my townhome is a breeze (especially getting it in tight spaces... now getting me into those same spaces is a bit more difficult!)

websbestdeals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages websbestdeals

Little Giant is something I've always wanted but the price kept me away. I ended up going with the Cosco 20-417T1AS on Amazon and saved money. It does what I need it to do but this is a good price on Woot

rpstrong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rpstrong
carpenterty wrote:I have looked at the Werners Home Depot, the little Giant at Costco and Harbor Freights version and ended up buying two Harbor freights each under $100 with 20% coupon you can find almost anywhere. http://www.harborfreight.com/17-ft-type-1a-multi-task-ladder-67646.html

Just looked on their site they have a 20% off coupon you can print. Ladder would come to $114.

The coupon is not valid on "in-store event or parking lot sales". Dunno if this would qualify or not for the extra 20%, as it is already on sale for $35 off.

Also, no wheels or work stand. And wider rung spacing (four rungs up each side, not five.) And a 90 day warranty, not lifetime.

Still an option, just not the same as this LG.

katlentz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katlentz

If I didn't already own two Little Giant ladders, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I have a the shorter extension ladder and one of the newer A frame ladders and I love both of them. My husband has used Little Giant ladders for over 25 years on the job and wouldn't buy any other kind for either of us to use.

skyhawk824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skyhawk824

The Little Giant is the best ladder for your home. So many configurations, you can do almost everything with this ladder. This ladder replaces multiple other ladders and is compact to store. Perfect for the home owner and every home project!

tim74

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tim74
jro2020 wrote:Woot please get a little giant pro, or a Costco next time this crap with the type 1 ladders have got to stop. They are of no use to anyone except m
Kids and midgets who want to carry pillows up the ladder. The rest of us who need to take tools and what not up and down ladders need one that is safe for over 250 lbs.

I think of those as lawsuits limits. Like the silly low maximum weight my motorcycle recommends.

And there is a "Cosco" knockoff version of Little Giant I bought at Sam's Club years ago that works just as well. It's heavy, the exotic configurations don't come into play often and the narrow steps are a pain to stand on long if you don't have some overlapping. The Werner knockoff has the ends of the steps compressed and riveted which makes the steps not flat near the sides.

The Cosco was way cheaper and does the trick though these things are scary all the way stretched out. I'd rather have an extension ladder with a brace.

wlhauck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wlhauck

Model 17 only extends to 15' according to the manual (from your click)

Hasoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hasoon
cjpowers wrote:Most HP is such garbage that I would be hesitant to buy a ladder from them.

As for this one, I own the 21' version and I love it. It is a little heavy, but that doesn't bother me. Also, at 150lbs, the 250lb limit isn't an issue with me either.

Actually the Harbor Freight one is not their store brand, it is a Vulcan Ladder. I just bought the exact same 13' Vulcan from Menards because it was on sale for 99-$20 rebate. (HF was 119, Menard regular price was 124.99)

I am currently painting the 2nd story of my house and I was getting tired of constantly adjusting my 26' Little Giant so when I saw the sale at Menards I jumped on the shorter Vulcan.

Comparing the 2, I weigh 300# and I feel just as stable and secure on top of the 17' HF/Menards/Vulcan as I do my 26' Little Giant. (I have always been impressed with how little flex the LG had with me at it's weight limit) They both seem to be of the same build quality. The only thing that does not impress me is the hinge locks on the Vulcan. They work fine, but they mechanism looks kind of exposed so I am afraid it might be prone to accidental breakage.

If you don't need the wheels and the shelf, and you can find the 20% off HF coupon you will be happy with the Vulcan

If you don't need the 300# weight limit and, can't find the HF coupon or don't have one close by this is an awesome deal for a Little Giant.

Also wanted to throw in their, My 300# LG 26' and 300# Vulcan 17" are both alot more stable with less bounce than my old 250# Werner 16' aluminum extension ladder.

rpstrong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rpstrong
wlhauck wrote:Model 17 only extends to 15' according to the manual (from your click)

This is a peculiarity in the ladder industry: ladders are rated by their useful working height, not their actual height.

A 'standard' (5'6") person who is standing at the highest, 'safe' position, can hit 17' with a one foot overhead reach.

A bit odd, but standardized across the industry.

rocketdoctor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rocketdoctor
jro2020 wrote: They are of no use to anyone except m
Kids and midgets who want to carry pillows up the ladder. .

LOL!!

tygerstripes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tygerstripes

Just as a point of info, you don't have to be a Costco member to buy from them online. I'm not and I have.

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

I saw the "Ladder" and thought it was a job posting by Woot! for a position that pays over $100,000.00!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

I have a similar Werner ladder, which I bought after my older standard 8-ft aluminum step ladder collapsed under me.

I love the ladder. I wish I had bought it years earlier. The safest and sturdiest ladder I've owned. The ability to adjust legs to different heights makes it great for working on sloping ground and sidewalks next to my house. I can also set it up on the stairway inside the house and get to some areas that were very difficult to access previously.

I used it last week when harvesting pears from the trees in my yard. I was able to reach higher than before, and I could easily and safely stand on the ladder and use my extension picker to reach the top of the tree - a task I could never do safely with my 10-foot standard step ladder.

The big disadvantage is the weight. It is uncomfortably heavy. I plan to another sturdy standard 6-foot extension to use for quick jobs and simple jobs that have an easy set up, just because it can be such a chore to lug my adjustable ladder around.

But for situations that are tricky and require greater stability on the ladder, this type of ladder is great.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

No one has mention my favorite thing about these ladders.

Completely made in the USA

bakerb316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakerb316

If they had the 26' on today, I'd maybe consider it, but the 17' doesn't do me a whole lot of good. (HINT to w00t)

Since 2008 w00t has taken me for $1127.75.

gtbdds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtbdds

great ladder but quite heavy

bootawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootawoot
briannanoob wrote:Another reat use I found for this. If I want to annoy my neighbors, I sometimes put this on my lawn and dress in nothing but a scanty t-shirt and Daisy Dukes. I then lie on the ladder in very provocative poses for hours, teasing my neighbor's husband. It's especially effective in the rain, when my t-shirt gets wet. The look on her face is so precious, I may upload it to YouTube.

If you put up a webcam, you could annoy the crap out of me.

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub

This ladder good enough for changing light bulbs or looking over your neighbors fence but because of the 250# weight limit I can not recommend it as backyard wrestling prop.

hockeymike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeymike25

I have 12 foot ceilings in some rooms and 10 foot in others. I'm about 5'7".

Will I be able to change a lightbulb in neither, either or both of my ceiling levels with the help of this ladder?

extremusmaximus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages extremusmaximus
ToejamFootball wrote:I am in agreement. Bought this on Woot a couple of months ago after thinking about it for a couple of years. My husband uses it..and I use it once he has it dragged out and set up, but it just too heavy for me to pull it out and set it up on my own like I was hoping.

Why don't you sell it? Wait until these sell out & you'll have plenty of potential customers here who don't want to wait months for it to come up again.

jro2020

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jro2020
cosmicshepard wrote:Lose some weight, tools don't weigh THAT much!

clearly you've never had to get an air compressor or a pack of shingles up on the roof. Maybe you just use your ladder for changing lightbulbs?

Or you are a midget so you don't weight very much?

I'm not saying I'm as in shape now as I ever was but even when I was in shape I still weighed over 200 cause I'm not a weakling midget, ya jerk.

Jomosan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jomosan

No ladder will save you from yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYxPqCfA0E

jcamardo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcamardo

I believe I have the next size up. They are solid but heavy, as most people are stating in their posts. I would recommend the next size up for your application.

davelarkin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davelarkin

Own one, and so far like it.

Pros: Many set up options
Handy to transport
Seems very stable
As a stepladder use either side
and many more...
Cons: A bit heavy
Made in China, unlike the older US-made ladders Little Giant built their reputation on.

my .02c

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Is it little, or is it giant?! I'm so confused!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ToejamFootball

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ToejamFootball

Ha! Not a bad idea, except shipping 'might' be a real bugger. Amyone out there who wants to drive to Chattanooga? You can visit Rock City while you are here. :-)

extremusmaximus wrote:Why don't you sell it? Wait until these sell out & you'll have plenty of potential customers here who don't want to wait months for it to come up again.

ToeJamFootball

kaepora

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaepora

Well, I hope you bastards are happy. I finally bought a Little Giant. If it's half as good as the gleaming reviews indicate, I'll be happy.

Glad I'm getting the platform included - that is what sweetened the deal for me.

RavenMind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RavenMind
briannanoob wrote:Another reat use I found for this. If I want to annoy my neighbors, I sometimes put this on my lawn and dress in nothing but a scanty t-shirt and Daisy Dukes. I then lie on the ladder in very provocative poses for hours, teasing my neighbor's husband. It's especially effective in the rain, when my t-shirt gets wet. The look on her face is so precious, I may upload it to YouTube.

The 24 total unique configurations allow me to get into poses a normal ladder wouldn't. The fact that it supports 250lbs allows me to add a bowling ball to the act, although two bowling balls may be too much. Seems pretty sturdy, and remains stable despite triple flips. I also love the fact that it's made in the USA because I'm a patriot and may even use flags while posing.

The wheels are helpful because I sometimes pose on different lawns, depending on who is annoying me on the PTA. This is worth the investment if you do what I do although it's cheaper to rent if don't do it longterm like me.

In for 1 and that youtube link! :P

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
RavenMind wrote:In for 1 and that youtube link! :P

Heh ... you probably won't be as eager learning that she's 58 and 230lbs. That's not to say that there aren't sexy women (?) who are 58 and 230lbs but they generally don't look that great in wet Daisy Dukes. I'm guessing here, but if adding a bowling ball puts her over the 250lb limit, well, you do the math. Can't guess her age though "PTA" is a clue.

Check out this video of the female neighbor from hell. Made international news.

And this from CNN.

bopitaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bopitaddict

can any owners tell me what size this is when in its "storage" transformation and will it fit nicely in a closet?

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink
oneortwo wrote:Heavy...oh so heavy. And the rungs are narrow and kind of slick for wide feet. And not as easy to change configurations as they make it look. Mine is gathering dust, unfortunately.

Mine too. And for the price I could have bought a long ladder and a step.

I think this would possibly be a good purchase where space is limited like a townhouse, but if you have space, buy separates.

The weight can be an issue when the ladder is at full extension too. I'm a strong guy, but when that thing topples over the balance point more than that definable amount that allows you to push it back, you will NOT be able to stop it's descent. Better hope the neighbors car or a power line isn't in the way :D

I'm not saying this isn't an issue for all ladders, it's just that this one, being a lot heavier has less lee-way.

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts
oneortwo wrote:Mine is gathering dust, unfortunately.

Wait! It's a ladder AND a Roomba?!? Why would you complain about a ladder that both ladders and collects dust? Woot makes a fortune selling things that do only one of those tasks.