WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ear Bud: The Golden Transceiver

What did we do before headphones? Did we actually LISTEN to our co-workers? How did we ignore their entreaties for conversation while they were standing directly behind us? We are all owe a debt of gratitude to the scientists who invented headphones and saved us from the scourge of hearing about Sandra's cats.



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I've been looking at some over ear headphones to make it really obvious to people when I'm not in a chatting mood. Which pair of these should I get?

I'm just hanging out, really.

burns72


quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

Anyone have any opinions on the Phillips Stretch? I am thinking for my two boys (6 & 4) to use on a long flight. Seem to be a decent set, or should I just go for a $5 paid over the ear.

aycheung


quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

wouldn't pay more than a dollar for those Diddy Beats... When I had them the only module ear piece that fit me was the memory foam (black colored ones...see the item photo). Later these earphones started to shock my inner ear with small bits of electricity RETURNED immediately.

wafflesmcgee


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wafflesmcgee
burns72 wrote:Anyone have any opinions on the Phillips Stretch? I am thinking for my two boys (6 & 4) to use on a long flight. Seem to be a decent set, or should I just go for a $5 paid over the ear.



Good reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHO9560-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B003VNKKUS

Apparently Amazon has them for $33.16 right now, making this a pretty good deal.

jhewitte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhewitte
inkycatz wrote:I've been looking at some over ear headphones to make it really obvious to people when I'm not in a chatting mood. Which pair of these should I get?



Get one of those HUGE gaming headsets and start talking when someone walks up. They'll think your busy!!

jhewitte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhewitte

The Section 8 are good for a backup pair to keep at the office, gym, or center console. The sound quality is below par but inline with the price. Also the package comes with some small magnets(for the flap) that are great for holding notes and pictures on the fridge, so don't throw it away.

nheidorn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nheidorn

I picked up a set of the JLAB buds a few weeks back. I like the selection of tips and the hard-shell travel case is really well constructed.

My main gripe is when I am moving around, the noise from the wires scraping against my clothing is super loud. This is a bummer because I tend to wear them while on the treadmill or doing yard work. I have a set of Skull Candy buds that don't have this problem at all under identical circumstances.

Just something to consider depending on how you intend to use them.

bootawoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootawoot

Golden Transceiver? Transceiver is a combination of TRANSmitter and reCEIVER. Without a microphone, no transmit.

If we're using them to fool people into not talking to us, perhaps a better title would be Golden Deceiver.

draigun


quality posts: 29 Private Messages draigun

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003I65U2G/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Same price (actually, you save $1 when you consider free shipping) on Amazon for the DiddyBeats. Saving $4 if you already have your shipping for today on Woot.

Not much of a deal, and I'm not really a fan of Monster in the first place. You get the same (if not worse) sound quality at twice the price compared to a set of Sennheisers.

fuzzypeaches


quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

JLab JBuds....I've got a question & I'm hoping that it's not dumb. I've read the specs & etc., but cannot figure out if these have a microphone (or whatever it's called) so I can use with my Android cell. Does anyone know? Thanks & have a groovy day!

BTW...I ordered the el cheap'o ones (The Who) awhile back. They broke about the 3rd or 4th time I used them. Also, they did not have a microphone (or whatever it's called) therefore I could only use for listening.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

glub


quality posts: 1 Private Messages glub
fuzzypeaches wrote:JLab JBuds....I've got a question & I'm hoping that it's not dumb. I've read the specs & etc., but cannot figure out if these have a microphone (or whatever it's called) so I can use with my Android cell. Does anyone know? Thanks & have a groovy day!



There are 2 models of the J3; this seems to be (from the picture) the one with a built in microphone (the cylinder on the cord in the picture).

Amazon has a better picture, and since I didn't see anyone else post it: here's the link:

Amazon J3 page

The reviews seem mostly positive, and there are a fair amount of them (over 2k reviews)

fuzzypeaches


quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
glub wrote:There are 2 models of the J3; this seems to be (from the picture) the one with a built in microphone (the cylinder on the cord in the picture).

Amazon has a better picture, and since I didn't see anyone else post it: here's the link:

Amazon J3 page

The reviews seem mostly positive, and there are a fair amount of them (over 2k reviews)



Thank you Helply Helperton! I'm ordering a pair.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

jkpesto


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkpesto

Got the J3s a few weeks back. They are quite comfortable, even when sleeping. Combined with an audiobook, they block out the sounds of my husband and his "white noise" machine.

dragrednos3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragrednos3

got my attention with "Transceiver" in the description. "Hey, maybe they're selling ham radio stuff," I says to myself, I says. But, alas. Not today.

plasticpopcorn4


quality posts: 5 Private Messages plasticpopcorn4
fuzzypeaches wrote:Thank you Helply Helperton! I'm ordering a pair.



wait... these aren't the ones with the mic. Bought these last time. the ones with the mic have a slightly longer cylinder.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61xqnATyewL._AA1200_.jpg

sudowned


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sudowned

How do the Jlab ones sound? I've got a set of Sennheisers that just aren't as satisfying as my old CX-series and I'd like to roll the dice again.

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I am a real fan of these jlab earbuds. They fit well and sound very clear . I trashed the case rather quickly as it felt too bulky but the earbuds are an incredible value.

pz@woot


quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot
fuzzypeaches wrote:Thank you Helply Helperton! I'm ordering a pair.


The J3M model is the one with the microphone. They're pretty explicit in the description so I'm sure the J3 does not have a mic.


Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

pz@woot


quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot

This seems a decent deal since the J3 is $20 on Amazon or Buy.com.


Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

beachbumdeac


quality posts: 2 Private Messages beachbumdeac

Has anyone used these for exercise and can comment on how they do with sweat/movement?

neoldjo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages neoldjo

Bought on sale last year from another retailer:
-cord noise is the worst of any headphones I've owned (I don't use them anymore as a result)
-sound is not bad, but really I got distracted from the cord rubbing.
-working out with them is okay since I was distracted with running, etc.
-fit was good and blocked sound well; if only they didn't have that cord noise!

dwberrett


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dwberrett

Do the J buds actually isolate any noise? It says they're "fit to isolate noise", but that sounds fishy to me. I need to block out at least some of my super chatty cubemate!

fuzzypeaches


quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
plasticpopcorn4 wrote:wait... these aren't the ones with the mic. Bought these last time. the ones with the mic have a slightly longer cylinder.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61xqnATyewL._AA1200_.jpg



Meep. So the ones I ordered last night don't have a microphone after all???

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches


quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Wonder how to cancel my order???? I can't find the cancel button they talk about on the order page. Meep.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

fuzzypeaches wrote:Wonder how to cancel my order???? I can't find the cancel button they talk about on the order page. Meep.



You'll have to write into us, at service@woot.com
Include your username and order number and they can assist you with cancelling your order

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

emilyb0902


quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902
dwberrett wrote:Do the J buds actually isolate any noise? It says they're "fit to isolate noise", but that sounds fishy to me. I need to block out at least some of my super chatty cubemate!



I thought I needed noise isolation for that, too. But then I discovered that you have to be careful not to block out other noises, like the phone ringing or the boss stopping by and telling you he wants you to come in on Saturday. Worse, you'll want to remember you're at work and shouldn't sing along to "Call Me Maybe" - so a little background noise leaking in isn't such a bad thing.

lexicon5


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexicon5

[quote postid="5180189" user="dragrednos3"]got my attention with "Transceiver" in the description. "Hey, maybe they're selling ham radio stuff," I says to myself, I says. But, alas. Not today.

An obvious play on Air Bud: Golden Receiver...the true term transducer doesn't have the same ring modulation to it.
I can play on words TOO!!

lexicon5


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexicon5
dragrednos3 wrote:got my attention with "Transceiver" in the description. "Hey, maybe they're selling ham radio stuff," I says to myself, I says. But, alas. Not today.



An obvious play on Air Bud: Golden Receiver...the true term transducer doesn't have the same ring modulation to it.
I can play on words TOO!!

lexicon5


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexicon5
bootawoot wrote:Golden Transceiver? Transceiver is a combination of TRANSmitter and reCEIVER. Without a microphone, no transmit.



You must be too young to remember the Air Bud: series of movies.
Air Bud: Golden Receiver...
Transducer loses a LOT...

When ya have to explain Woot! logic...nevermind

ayemossum


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ayemossum

The JLAB J3 buds are ah-mazing. They're the only pair of earbuds I actually LIKE and don't just tolerate.

Really clear audio reproduction. Good bass response. Great sound isolation.

And no occlusion effect due to them being not entirely sealed (there's a very small hole in the back of the bud).
This negatively affects the sound isolation, but only a little. It's a trade-off I'm willing to make. Actually it's kinda nice to be able to hear someone calling for me instead of being startled when they have to prod me.

And they're made of metal. Which is awesome.

bluekirbypwns


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluekirbypwns
nheidorn wrote:I picked up a set of the JLAB buds a few weeks back. I like the selection of tips and the hard-shell travel case is really well constructed.

My main gripe is when I am moving around, the noise from the wires scraping against my clothing is super loud. This is a bummer because I tend to wear them while on the treadmill or doing yard work. I have a set of Skull Candy buds that don't have this problem at all under identical circumstances.

Just something to consider depending on how you intend to use them.


I just want to echo this comment, excellent aesthetic design, good sound quality and comes with 4 different size earbuds

but the noise from cord movement reduces the quality when in motion

justmejoseph


quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmejoseph

I purchased these a week ago.. I never noticed (And have searched.) for something to tell me they weren't to be shipped until a later date, but I found none, and I'm just wondering what's going on, thanks

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

justmejoseph wrote:I purchased these a week ago.. I never noticed (And have searched.) for something to tell me they weren't to be shipped until a later date, but I found none, and I'm just wondering what's going on, thanks

It can take up to 5 business days for orders to process and ship although it's often faster. Give it another day or two to see if you get a shipping email. If not, contact service@woot.com and they'll see what's going on.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

skullmonkey234


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skullmonkey234

I'm in the same boat with no shipping yet. I am assuming everyone is as well.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

skullmonkey234 wrote:I'm in the same boat with no shipping yet. I am assuming everyone is as well.



Please email us at service@woot.com and we can help you with any questions or concerns you may have with your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

RocketboyX


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RocketboyX

Ugg. Picked up two pairs of Trendy Buds for some cheapo second pairs. I expected them to at least work as headphones. When I do get any sound out of them, it's so distant and quiet that it's even worse sound then listening to the wrong side of a telephone. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that both sets rattle. I've never had an earbud that rattled.

keeping my string of quality free posts alive

sherriccosta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherriccosta

One side sounds horribly soft. Not loud at all. Wish I never got them. I guess you get what you pay for.

RocketboyX


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RocketboyX

Woot! took care of the issue for me, thanks Woot!! If you have bum earbuds, let them know... I'm not thinking I had an isolated case.

keeping my string of quality free posts alive

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

RocketboyX wrote:Woot! took care of the issue for me, thanks Woot!! If you have bum earbuds, let them know... I'm not thinking I had an isolated case.



You're welcome!!!