3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum
$249.99 + $5 Standard OR $22 Two-Day OR $25 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Yellow5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Yellow5

Enough of these vacuums!

ripforeverjoey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ripforeverjoey

30 Seconds in and not one "This thing sucks" comment? I'm impressed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yellow5 wrote:Enough of these vacuums!

NEVER!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

The unofficial poll question:

How many people DON'T own a Dyson yet? I'll start--I'm one.

many woots, typically $249.99, and here's June woot, for example:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5036578

back to work, good night.

sirthor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirthor

Got one of these the last time Woot had them (our existing suck-tool just wasn't doing the job...). I do not regret the purchase for a moment.

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

Basic Video review.

partybag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages partybag

We see these on Woot a lot, but i finally pulled the trigger last time.

For anyone on the fence... it may cost a lot, but it sure gets the job done. Genius design... push a button to get the rubbish canister out of the vacuum, hold the canister over the garbage, press the same button, and the bottom falls open, letting it all out. Amazing cleaning power - So much actual dirt/dust particles in my canister - never seen a vaccum do that.

yolo!

pupyluvr

quality posts: 48 Private Messages pupyluvr

A "Ball" vacuum... Seriously?

Man, golfers are a weird bunch.

wonbadan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wonbadan

My brother has one and I have used a few times. Great little vacuum with plenty of suction power. Light and very nimble too. And the design, it is way beyond your average house vacuum: nothing is wasted.

namirrem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namirrem

I *really* need a vacuum.......threw mine in the trash 2 weeks ago in disgust. Is this thing worth it?

roadrunnercj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roadrunnercj
prttymf8 wrote:Maybe if you were to expand on why you don't think it's worth $250.

Fair enough. Hard to type on my Viewsonic G but 1. Its a dated model. 2. Its an Amazon price, not a Woot deal. 3. Limited Warranty and frankly... its been that price too many prior times and is available from other sellers at a similar price. Lastly when I got one at Costco and did a real objective comparison to my old vacuum it did just ok but certainly not worth 4x the price.

jiltant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jiltant

Oh Woot, I had an idea!

How about http://vacuums.woot.com, and sending it all of the roombas and the vacuum cleaners that look like they moonlight as weaponry from the Halo universe?

Seriously, have you guys ever seen these candy-colored plastic monsters in stores and started wondering where the ammo goes in?

Am I the only one who picks up one of these from time to time and gives it a heft, acting like they're a responsible adult thinking about a household purchase but actually pretending somewhere deep inside that they're Master Chief about to lay some whupass on some unsuspecting aliens? And then you turn to your significant other and saying sternly "FINISH THE FIGHT... ON DIRT AND GRIME!" and then having to sleep on the couch that night?

Guys? Hello, guys? Is anyone still there?

-sent from my iCouch

safemui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages safemui
namirrem wrote:I *really* need a vacuum.......threw mine in the trash 2 weeks ago in disgust. Is this thing worth it?

totally worth it got one last time and I love it!

roadrunnercj

Vacuum warehouse had the DC25 Animal a few weeks ago for $240 shipped but it also came with a 3 year warranty

redchief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redchief

Good Buy, picks up an amazing amount of dirt

raisputin2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raisputin2

Decided to order one. The price is good, the reviews I have read are good, and the wife wanted it. Once I have received it, I will give a proper review

mladyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mladyd

My first WOOT was a refurb DC14 for $264.99 back in 2007. It's still going strong, no regrets at all!

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

Is it just me being tired, or does anyone else think the picture looks like a superhero going into a dive holding a baton????

I know there's a metaphor in there somewhere. OK, got it:

Superhero powered cleaning, dives down deep, and is the anchor (or lead) for your cleaning team!!!!

alamogal1963

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alamogal1963

I bought one a few woots ago and I've never used the thing. But my housekeeper loves it! It makes her work look superb. Of course, I can afford a housekeeper because I buy cheap stuff on Woot.

Blondes aren't dumm.

mricha14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mricha14

I don't have a Dyson ball, but I have a dyson vacuum. Bought it 11 years ago for double this price and it's still working like day one. One of the best appliance purchases I've ever made.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

And now for something completely different .........here we have a Dyson!

Raymond Babbitt "It's been 5 days, it's time for a Dyson. Almost a week now,there should be a Dyson. Woot always has a Dyson and it's been 5 days. Today is Friday Woot has a Dyson.
97X, bam! The future of rock 'n' roll. 97X, bam! The future of rock 'n' roll. 97X, bam!"

runwilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runwilder

I bought a DC24 a few months ago for $200 in a Woot-off and haven't been the same since. I have really bad dust allergies and use to go into sneezing fits whenever I emptied the dust from any of my previous four vacuums, but this is so easy and clean to empty that I haven't had an issue yet.

The ball part makes vacuuming a lot easier than one would think unless they used it. I used to vacuum an office building on a weekly basis and wish I had this back then... This is a seriously good product all around.

simondet1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simondet1
mladyd wrote:My first WOOT was a refurb DC14 for $264.99 back in 2007. It's still going strong, no regrets at all!

I think we may have taken advantage of the same woot! I was coming here to say that we bought our refurb 5 years ago and it's still running like a champ. We've lost one dog and gained two more in that time, (as well as watched a third dog for a long time and occasionally a cat) and it hasn't slowed down a bit. We use it on tile and carpet and have no complaints.

cepraines

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cepraines

Bought this one a couple of years ago off Woot and it's a good vacuum. Only major drawback is the cord length - it's way too short. You can basically just get one room at a time done before you have to go plug it up somewhere else.

NNPDSue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NNPDSue

Rhoombas, Dysons, dirt devils, etc., etc., etc. Enough vacuum cleaners, already! I'll clean up my act, I promise!

RIGGS1359

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RIGGS1359

This was just on the woot off for $199. Why $249 today?

Evolution2001

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Evolution2001

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an engineer, I just play one on Woot.

I bought my DC25 from Woot back in 2010. I loved it. The honeymoon was fantastic! But now the honeymoon is over. I still love the Dyson, but the infatuation is over as now I see some of it's flaw. And I've been tempted to cheat with another brand, or at least with one of it's siblings such as the DC28.

Here's some of my gripes.

1) The self adjusting, i.e. "floating" head, doesn't do a great job on shorter pile carpeting, especially carpeting that has some years on it. Instead of actually getting into the nap, it bounces over it which leaves debris behind. (I have a minor workaround for this, but that's not the point. You shouldn't need a workaround.)

2) The suction occurs in the middle of the head. But the helix brush goes all the way along the roller. What this means is that half of the brush is pushing dirt towards the suction point. The other half of the brush is pushing dirt away from the suction point.
In order to achieve optimal cleaning, you need to always work from one side to other. (I don't recall if it's left to right or right to left.) Also, for sure when you are vacuuming along the baseboards/walls, you definitely have to have the the right-side of the vacuum along the wall, which means you'd be going counter-clockwise around your house. Otherwise the brush head is pushing dirt away from the suction point and back towards the wall.

3) The wire that loops around the hose is so tight that it barely stretches more than a foot or two before it pulls the vacuum, which normally results in it tipping over. It's not very good for getting the full extension from the hose for doing steps or up in corners/ceilings.

4) This is more minor, but since it has the 'floating' head versus a choice of fixed positions, things can get nasty on a long pile carpet, like shag or if you have a rug comprised of microfiber. In this case, it sucks up too much of the fabric and can potential lock up the roller.

All that said, I still really like the vacuum. The roller ball definitely makes it easy to handle and go around corners, but the other side of that is that it can be difficult to maintain straight lines if you're one of those OCD types that require your vacuum lines to be 100% parallel.

Since the primary selling point of the Dysons used to be the "cyclone" technology, without having other "cyclone"-type vacuums to try, I can't say that this one is the best anymore. Other mfgs such as Hoover and Eureka may have comparable offerings for significantly less.

DanPopov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanPopov

I don't have carpet, does this work well on wood floors, or should I just stick to the dog licking up the crumbs???

dgail620

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgail620
RIGGS1359 wrote:This was just on the woot off for $199. Why $249 today?

I think that was the DC24 if I'm not mistaken...

TCayer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

I've had two of these. The first I bought on woot, and it was a refurb. After about a year, we had problems, and I called Dyson, and of course it was out of warranty. My wife liked it, so we bought another one at BJs. Brand new, fairly good price. Well, another year goes by and it started with the same problem as the other one. It also had a broken collar around the base. I called Dyson, and this one was under warranty. But since I couldn't find the receipt, they back-dated the warranty to date of manufacture, which was WAY back (due to BJs buying a lot of old ones, no doubt) so my warranty, which should have been five years from date of purchase was actually only two years. We got it fixed for free, but now another year has passed, my warranty just ran out, and it's acting up again. I won't buy another Dyson...

bradleypjohnson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradleypjohnson

I see the DC25 described as "all floors" on sites like Target and Amazon - but I don't see a similar description here.

Obviously, it CAN be used on all floors...but does anyone know if the woot one is designed to go from carpet to hardwood to rugs, etc?

boiler92

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boiler92

I bought a refurbished Dyson 10 years ago and it is still one of the best purchases I've ever made. By FAR the best vacuum I've ever used and 10 years in its still going strong.

roadrunnercj

TCayer wrote:I've had two of these. The first I bought on woot, and it was a refurb. After about a year, we had problems, and I called Dyson, and of course it was out of warranty. My wife liked it, so we bought another one at BJs. Brand new, fairly good price. Well, another year goes by and it started with the same problem as the other one. It also had a broken collar around the base. I called Dyson, and this one was under warranty. But since I couldn't find the receipt, they back-dated the warranty to date of manufacture, which was WAY back (due to BJs buying a lot of old ones, no doubt) so my warranty, which should have been five years from date of purchase was actually only two years. We got it fixed for free, but now another year has passed, my warranty just ran out, and it's acting up again. I won't buy another Dyson...

You must be a pirate too. But it does beg the question ... if Dyson is so well made and refubs are done by the factory .... why is do you LOSE 90% of the warranty with a refub?

mhenry3reds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhenry3reds

Worst vaccum I've owned. Wish I could afford to buy a different vaccum. Have had this one for 4 years (bought new from Bed,Bath & Beyond). Maneuverability is great with the ball, but the suction is horrible. My 20 year old Kenmore canister I had before this had a lot more suction power than this. Very disappointed after spending so much for this.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

I'm confused. I thought the point of a Woot-off was to get rid of the monthly vacuum surplus...

moonlitcherri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moonlitcherri

I don't have one yet! I'm waiting for the D14.

Knowledge is power, but only if you use it.

werled

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werled

I bought refurbished Dyson here about a year ago, and love it. No mechanical issues, sucks great, on-board tools are easy to use and work well.

electroken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages electroken

This vacuum has outlived and outperformed every other machine we've owned, both on bare floors and carpet. I'm surprised that anyone would complain about a lack of suction. Even when my daughters leave the dustbin jammed solid it still works. The power head disassembles easily with only a coin as a tool. This important because I've pulled miles of hair, some paper clips, and what looked like a dessicated squirrel out of the thing.