ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

compunaut wrote:I'm confused. I thought the point of a Woot-off was to get rid of the monthly vacuum surplus...

We're getting ready for the next woot-off now.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ladyshiloh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladyshiloh

I love mine. It works GREAT. Plain and simple. Easy to use and picks up better than any vacuum I've ever had before. Well worth the $$

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

I've been debating on getting a full sized Dyson. (My DC35 Digital Slim from Woot does a great job for small vacuuming jobs.

But I'm still undecided on whether to get a Dyson upright or the Dyson canister. Any opinions?

lzaras1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lzaras1

so many people own and love their Dysons. But in all my research, I haven't been able to find a lot about how the Dysons handle Throw/Area Rugs. I have about a 1/2 dozen of them scattered around for shoes and dogs (we call them "place" and the dogs go to "place" and lie down) I recently purchased a "cheap" Eureka that claimed it sucks better than a Dyson and the darned thing tried to eat all the "places" in my house. I promptly returned the thing to the store. I'm worried the Dyson will be as rough. Anybody have experience with throw rugs?

dgc27185

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dgc27185

My mom has the DC28 Animal. She loves it, I love it ... the vacuum gets used almost daily to be honest (between my house, her house, and my brother). I have hardwood floors but have several rugs. The head of that one has the auto-adjusting feature and it adapts nicely AND will rip the rug from under you. On her own floors, the vacuum has actually gotten "hung up" on her carpets because the suction is that strong.

Now I know what you are saying - the DC28 isn't for sale ... I'm telling you, for what she paid for it and what you get for the money... I'd suggest getting one of those myself. She wanted the ball model originally but I think she is more than happy with the 28.

echo251

quality posts: 2 Private Messages echo251
lzaras1 wrote:so many people own and love their Dysons. But in all my research, I haven't been able to find a lot about how the Dysons handle Throw/Area Rugs. I have about a 1/2 dozen of them scattered around for shoes and dogs (we call them "place" and the dogs go to "place" and lie down) I recently purchased a "cheap" Eureka that claimed it sucks better than a Dyson and the darned thing tried to eat all the "places" in my house. I promptly returned the thing to the store. I'm worried the Dyson will be as rough. Anybody have experience with throw rugs?

My experience with throw rugs is it will eat them up if they aren't stuck to the floor really well, as in anchored. I bought my Dyson in 2007 and it far surpasses any thing I've ever had. If this one ever quits me I'll get another one. I don't use it on loose throw rugs though! Mine came with a mini turbo head and that works really well for those. The large 8x12 area rugs we have aren't a problem.

electroken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages electroken
lzaras1 wrote:so many people own and love their Dysons. But in all my research, I haven't been able to find a lot about how the Dysons handle Throw/Area Rugs. I have about a 1/2 dozen of them scattered around for shoes and dogs (we call them "place" and the dogs go to "place" and lie down) I recently purchased a "cheap" Eureka that claimed it sucks better than a Dyson and the darned thing tried to eat all the "places" in my house. I promptly returned the thing to the store. I'm worried the Dyson will be as rough. Anybody have experience with throw rugs?

I'm sure it will depend on the weight and texture of the throw rug. Of the 5 in our home, the Dyson picks up 2 of them regularly. We have to remember to stand on those 2 when we vacuum.

atulchauhan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atulchauhan

Question for woot staff or experienced buyers :

I need this Vacuum to reach me on or before 28th Sept, since we are moving the next day (to another country).
I see that 2 or 1 days shipping is not available on this product. How many days does the regular $5 shipping take? I live in Wisconsin.

ThunderThighs

Staff

atulchauhan wrote:Question for woot staff or experienced buyers :

I need this Vacuum to reach me on or before 28th Sept, since we are moving the next day (to another country).
I see that 2 or 1 days shipping is not available on this product. How many days does the regular $5 shipping take? I live in Wisconsin.

It's probably being drop shipped from our vendor and they wouldn't receive the shipping info until Monday. I'd say it's pretty risky. Not out of the question but risky.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

Worth every penny, took us a hot minute to figure out there was a stand thingy that kept it from getting as close to the ground as possible but once you push that out it does amazing. Just wish it could hold more. We have a white, short haired dog so our floors get dirty quick, I have to empty at least once half way through

unamanic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unamanic
DanPopov wrote:I don't have carpet, does this work well on wood floors, or should I just stick to the dog licking up the crumbs???

Yes, my wife uses it everywhere

christiane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christiane

Compared to other bagless vacs, is the dustbin design significantly different? I have allergies/asthma and I can't empty the dustbin on our non-Dyson without getting sick. I've heard really good things about the Dysons, but if dumping the bin still creates the mushroom cloud of dusty doom, not sure I can use it.

2G Sansa Clip, 4G Sansa Fuze,
4G Sansa Clip+(2), ...?

jdmc020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdmc020

I'm still using my Dyson DC-07 Animal. I have 4 cats, it picks up fur the same today as it did when I bought it: Really well!
Even though my 07 still works great, if I had a job right now I'd probably buy this vacuum due to the useablilty improvements.

The real question I have though is "Why isn't today's Woot a ROOMBA?!?!". Today is the tenth anniversary of the Roomba's release to market.

unamanic

BLUF: When it sucks, it sucks majorly. When it doesn't, it doesn't.

We have the very similar DC24, and the only problem we have with this vacuum is that the internal hoses are small and change shape. As a result, vacuuming anything sizable (like the stray puzzle piece) will clog it, and its very difficult to get to the blockage. If the area is clear tube blocking objects, it's the best vacuum we've owned.

jdmc020

christiane wrote:Compared to other bagless vacs, is the dustbin design significantly different? I have allergies/asthma and I can't empty the dustbin on our non-Dyson without getting sick. I've heard really good things about the Dysons, but if dumping the bin still creates the mushroom cloud of dusty doom, not sure I can use it.

The dyson has a trigger at the top of the dustbin that flips the bottom of the dustbin open. This means that you can stick the bottom of the dustbin into a bag, wrap it tightly around the barrel of the dustbin, and then pull the trigger for a release of dusty guck into the bag. The dust is kept in the bag that way.
Or, you can do like I do, and empty the thing directly into the big trashcan in the garage while holding my breath! The trier release is key to allowing a less-dusty experience when emptying the bin.

unamanic

christiane wrote:Compared to other bagless vacs, is the dustbin design significantly different? I have allergies/asthma and I can't empty the dustbin on our non-Dyson without getting sick. I've heard really good things about the Dysons, but if dumping the bin still creates the mushroom cloud of dusty doom, not sure I can use it.

There is a quick release on the top of the canister that opens a trapdoor on the bottom. It still creates a cloud of dust, but it can be farther down in the bin.

jdmc020

this post from a previous woot offering of the same model has a review video that shows the machine being used on an area rug, if that helps: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5036649

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron

Not an owner, but I do not have any problem with these vacuums, because they've got bigger balls than any other vacuums.

paramolta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paramolta

Never mind I read the print on the bottom wrong.

ng1404

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ng1404
jdmc020 wrote:The dyson has a trigger at the top of the dustbin that flips the bottom of the dustbin open. This means that you can stick the bottom of the dustbin into a bag, wrap it tightly around the barrel of the dustbin, and then pull the trigger for a release of dusty guck into the bag. The dust is kept in the bag that way.
Or, you can do like I do, and empty the thing directly into the big trashcan in the garage while holding my breath! The trier release is key to allowing a less-dusty experience when emptying the bin.

Wearing a dust/pollen mask helps a lot when doing, well, dusty chores like emptying a vacuum cleaner, or using a vac that leaks dust. For me, cheap molded Tyvec masks suffice but those with more severe allergies may want to consider NIOSH "N95" certified masks (I find 3M's N95 masks constricts airflow too much).

Surgical masks (the accordian folding type) are generally less effective but they fold flat for easy carrying. They are a common sight on people in Asia, especially Japan.

lzaras1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lzaras1
ng1404 wrote:Wearing a dust/pollen mask helps a lot when doing, well, dusty chores like emptying a vacuum cleaner, or using a vac that leaks dust. For me, cheap molded Tyvec masks suffice but those with more severe allergies may want to consider NIOSH "N95" certified masks (I find 3M's N95 masks constricts airflow too much).

Surgical masks (the accordian folding type) are generally less effective but they fold flat for easy carrying. They are a common sight on people in Asia, especially Japan.

Hmmm... Woot? Do you hear this? Maybe we need some face masks.

jerry465

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerry465

Amazon own dyson shares or something?

kpk021

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpk021

I don't think I'll ever be sold on a Dyson or really any bagless vacuum now. After having my Hoover Platinum for a few years now I love the simplicity of replacing a bag and also how super clean it keeps the rest of the vacuum. And it sure seems to have great sucking power based on how far away it tries to suck up cat toys.. even on carpet.

jonsiejr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonsiejr

in for one... can't believe i just freakin' speant $255 on a vacuum.

i've read all the comments and seen other reviews so i really hope this thing lives up to all the hype.

kerihensley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerihensley

I am surprised by all the great comments about this vacuum. We bought this last November and don't like it at all. It doesn't clean very well at all. Maybe we got a dud.

goglen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goglen

Here's a secret: Select PURPLE as the color... and they send you the DC-25 ANIMAL.

Yup, it's that easy. I did, "hoping", and we got the animal. Liked it so much, we ordered the handheld from another woot... selected the purple, and got the hand-held Animal!

ThunderThighs

Staff

goglen wrote:Here's a secret: Select PURPLE as the color... and they send you the DC-25 ANIMAL.

Yup, it's that easy. I did, "hoping", and we got the animal. Liked it so much, we ordered the handheld from another woot... selected the purple, and got the hand-held Animal!

Just FYI, the only thing that sets the Animal Dyson apart is an extra accessory that's not included in this sale. The vacuums are the same. Purple is probably my fav color of the choices though.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I guess everybody is gone.

jonsiejr

i'm still here... nothing like waking up in the morning to see Dyson's all over woot right after i bought mine

my fear of course is that i waited so long to pull the trigger on actually buying one that now this model will be soon discontinued and y'all will be offering the next best model at the same price.

jonsiejr

Got mine on Monday and i've been a vacuuming fool since! i'm impressed thus far and can't believe how much fine dirt this thing picks up. as long as this thing lasts and doesn't slowly start picking up less over time then it'll be well worth it!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

previous woot:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5180340

whatsamattaU wrote:The unofficial poll question:

How many people DON'T own a Dyson yet? I'll start--I'm one.

many woots, typically $249.99, and here's June woot, for example:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5036578

back to work, good night.

and to call your face palm and double it:

bye

lovesjohnmayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovesjohnmayer

i purchased this vacuum in Sept. 2012 and in one year the agitator switch is non functional and the wire inside the orange ball is bad....i call dyson and they tell me it's only covered for 6 months ....seriously Woot this is a big rip off...if it refurbished then it should work for longer than 10 months, And I am done buying anything costly with these crap warranties.

ThunderThighs

Staff

lovesjohnmayer wrote:i purchased this vacuum in Sept. 2012 and in one year the agitator switch is non functional and the wire inside the orange ball is bad....i call dyson and they tell me it's only covered for 6 months ....seriously Woot this is a big rip off...if it refurbished then it should work for longer than 10 months, And I am done buying anything costly with these crap warranties.

Sorry for the problem with your vacuum. For future reference, the warranty is stated at the bottom of the Features tab. Most of our Factory Reconditioned Dyson's carry a 6-month Dyson warranty. You can also purchase extended coverage through SquareTrade. There's link on the sales page for those that qualify.