1%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
The Biggest VIZIO TV You Can Justify
$349.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

barnardferrari

quality posts: 2 Private Messages barnardferrari

What's the point of having to select both a size and model when there is only one model of each size available?

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

But are they touchscreen?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

barnardferrari wrote:What's the point of having to select both a size and model when there is only one model of each size available?

ROFL. Good point. We did a sale setup fail there. Sorry for the extra work.

Spiky wrote:But are they touchscreen?

You can touch them but you'll just have to clean the screen.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dskrentz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dskrentz

Some caution may be advised here. "refurbished" can mean a lot of things. I purchased a refurbished Vizio here a few years ago. Turns out that the main board had been bad. Still was apparently, as it went out again 15 days after the very short warranty expired.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Does it come with a treasure map?

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

CoffeeOnIce

quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce
dskrentz wrote:Some caution may be advised here. "refurbished" can mean a lot of things. I purchased a refurbished Vizio here a few years ago. Turns out that the main board had been bad. Still was apparently, as it went out again 15 days after the very short warranty expired.

I purchased a refurbished Garmin GPS once. It worked well except when it kept telling me to drive into the river. I don't know that it was a mechanical issue so much as that it had teamed up with my printer to try to kill me...

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity
barnardferrari wrote:What's the point of having to select both a size and model when there is only one model of each size available?

lol that was my exact first impression!

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Wow. Half the price of a new 47 inch model on Amazon. Overall good reviews, but several people mention the sound being a little weak. I strongly suggest you use part of the $500 you save to buy an extended warranty.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

I have the 22" version of this. Great pic and very loud, clear sound which is what imprsses me most about it. Works great with a Roku connected via HDMI. Just buy larger than 22" if your couch is over 20 feet away--I can't read the Amazon Prime Video descriptions sometimes becaus the type is so small.

Also, mine was a refurb but when I received it it was like brand new. Ordered from woot. Still had plastic on it and everything that you have to peel off.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

Refurbished Vizio is an excellent brand... they make some pretty great TV's.

tsfisch

quality posts: 39 Private Messages tsfisch
dskrentz wrote:Some caution may be advised here. "refurbished" can mean a lot of things. I purchased a refurbished Vizio here a few years ago. Turns out that the main board had been bad. Still was apparently, as it went out again 15 days after the very short warranty expired.

And from the other side of the fence - ordered a 47" Vizio refurb here a year or two ago for my mom- still going strong, and you'd never have known the TV was a refurb if the box didn't say so - looked, packaged, smelled, and behaved as if brand new

Powerslave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Powerslave

Walmart has a nice 47" for about the same price, 1080p, but it is 120Hz. I am beginning to see, this place REALLY doesn't have the deals, if you LOOK...

jerrryy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrryy
CoffeeOnIce wrote:I purchased a refurbished Garmin GPS once. It worked well except when it kept telling me to drive into the river. I don't know that it was a mechanical issue so much as that it had teamed up with my printer to try to kill me...

I swear my coffee maker was in the process of murdering me. It all started with the ON light going on and off, and sometimes blinking. Unexplained leaking water, strange popping noises, funny faint hot electrical smells. It came to a head (and I swear this is true) when I would walk into the kitchen the ON light would come come on, and as I left It would go off.
That last day I pretended to be cleaning the counter with a garbage bag in hand, with one swift movement I pulled the plug and swept the coffee maker into the bag, and ran outside and dumped it into the garbage can.
My wife says she misses the old coffee maker and the automatic timer feature on it, I say good riddance to the devil maker.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Powerslave wrote:Walmart has a nice 47" for about the same price, 1080p, but it is 120Hz. I am beginning to see, this place REALLY doesn't have the deals, if you LOOK...

Both the 47" and 42" here are 120Hz if you LOOK at the specs.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I purchased the 32" LCD with Apps - E322VL (new) at Costco last year. I absolutely love it and it's perfect for how I use it: a little Netflix streaming, a little DVD playing, and 14 straight days of the Olympics. My biggest complaint about the TV is that it takes a few seconds to turn on, and then a few seconds to connect to the internet apps. Once it starts playing, however, I've had zero problems with streaming video hanging or buffering - and the picture quality is just amazing!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

tbgolladay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbgolladay
Powerslave wrote:Walmart has a nice 47" for about the same price, 1080p, but it is 120Hz. I am beginning to see, this place REALLY doesn't have the deals, if you LOOK...

The 47" in this deal is also 120hz. Click on the Specs tab.

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest

I have a Vizio lcd. It was new so I can't really comment on the reliability of the refurbs, but be aware it has a *very* small viewing angle before it gets dark.

alamjan78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alamjan78

Where can i purchased extended warrenty for this vizio 47" tv?

ThunderThighs

Staff

alamjan78 wrote:Where can i purchased extended warrenty for this vizio 47" tv?

There are various places. We usually link to SquareTrade but we can't do it when we offer multiple TVs in the same offer.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

No 3D? I have to buy 2 of them for 3D? If so, I don't know why makes the glasses with the cardboard dividers so one eye looks at each screen.

foggy0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages foggy0

the 47" is listed as 120Hz

drummingcraig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig

We have a 55" Vizio and we love it. It also has the internet apps which are for the most part great. The Hulu Plus app is awful however. Really, really bummed at how bad it is. More than half the time we wind up hooking up one of our laptops to the TV via HDMI and watching Hulu that way.

Netflix works well most of the time although the menus can be slow to load at times.

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

sharkmegabyte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkmegabyte

I bought a 32" Vizio at Walmart about 2 years ago, and within one year, both the HDMI inputs on it had died, leaving it pretty useless since I was only watching DVDs and Netflix on it from my computer.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

i got the 65" vizio over a year ago...still waiting for the firmware upgrade to play video via usb. I don't see as many interweb app in the app store as in Samsung's, even though they are all suppose to be from Yahoo.

dknieriemen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dknieriemen

I like woot products and prices. However, the reasons you give that you owe youself are some of the dumbest things you have come up with yet. Who are you marketing to? Have we dumbed ourselves down this far?

Lazarus2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lazarus2
dknieriemen wrote:I like woot products and prices. However, the reasons you give that you owe youself are some of the dumbest things you have come up with yet. Who are you marketing to? Have we dumbed ourselves down this far?

NO!
I'll have you know we started out that dumb!

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

hackiero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hackiero

Hmmmm. It looks like the rear panel of the E420VL has an S-Video port next to the VGA port, but it's labelled, "Audio"?

woolygums

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woolygums

Amazon has Square Trade 4 year extended warranty for $83. Don't know if this applies to refurbs?

http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-4-Year-Warranty-500-600-Plasma/dp/B003BLXJR6/ref=pd_cp_e_2

Checked with Square Trade website. They DO cover refurbs! And a lower price than Amazom. Square Trade says that going direct will save you money over eaht the retailers charge. I am in for a 47" Woot, today. Yahoo

http://www.squaretrade.com/our-coverage

seanmesky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanmesky

Got a Vizio refurb from woot, it went dead after two months, nothing I could do about it. Refuse to get any refurbs from woot from now on

Shakes1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shakes1

I have the Vizio 55" led refurb, got the 1 year square trade warranty. I love the internet apps and the tv in general. Great prices for an american made product!!!

douggreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages douggreen

Careful, woolygums...I read the small print on the Amazon deal, and that warranty just covers new items. $75 on refurbs from the Squaretrade site...

woolygums wrote:Amazon has Square Trade 4 year extended warranty for $83. Don't know if this applies to refurbs?

http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-4-Year-Warranty-500-600-Plasma/dp/B003BLXJR6/ref=pd_cp_e_2

Checked with Square Trade website. They DO cover refurbs! And a lower price than Amazom. Square Trade says that going direct will save you money over eaht the retailers charge. I am in for a 47" Woot, today. Yahoo

fuzi719

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fuzi719

I bought a 32" Vizio in 2009 and it is still working beautifully. Not one issue with it.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

I just bought a refurbished open-box Vizio from another e-tailer a few weeks ago. It was a nerve-racking experience - I was afraid I was going to get some mangled TV. Instead, the TV I got was indistinguishable from new. All of the nice plastic cling wrap was still on the screen, the box was in one piece, and the TV has been flawless. There is not a single defect that I could find.

So, if you're holding off on pulling the trigger because it's a refurb, then don't.

BTW - Mine was shipped through a logistics company. They called me a day before to schedule a pickup "window". Like when the cable or phone guy comes out, you're going to need to take a few hours off of work to be home to sign for it. However, they were nice enough to carry the thing into my house, since the 47" Vizio, with packaging, is more than 100lbs.

amitdojshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amitdojshi

Hello,

Is it possible to buy 2 or 3 years warranty with this purchase?

gurdassingh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gurdassingh

Seemed like a Woot at first glance but then looked online and now having doubts. Costco has a 47" Vizio for $100 more, plus they extend warranty to 2 years. The Costco model is E472VLE, while Woot model is E472VL. Their specs are exactly same so not sure what is different. On Amazon, both these models are listed but with significantly different prices.

Any help on differences from fellow Wooters?

gurdassingh

I was quoted $76 for 1-year warranty for the 47" TV.

amitdojshi wrote:Hello,

Is it possible to buy 2 or 3 years warranty with this purchase?

drich92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drich92

The 37" spec with the stand is wider than the tv itself. This is not true with all the other sizes. So the tv fits without the stand but not with the stand unless the spec is WRONG. Its going into a cabinet. It sounds wrong to me but I can't but unless verified. The 37" shows like a 45" width with stand. Anyone know what the real spec is.

gurdassingh

Woot, the 47" TV is priced too high! Other sizes look like a deal compared to prices from Costco but not the 47". Maybe it should be $389.99?

More proof that Woot's 47" is NOT a deal. Newegg has same model, refurb, for same price ($490) BUT they have free shipping and 1-year warranty is only $25.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262144&Tpk=E472VL