thomas998

quality posts: 21 Private Messages thomas998
nmachen wrote:Wow. Half the price of a new 47 inch model on Amazon. Overall good reviews, but several people mention the sound being a little weak. I strongly suggest you use part of the $500 you save to buy an extended warranty.

Just because it costs even more on Amazon doesn't mean it is a great deal.

If you were going to drop 10000 on a 47 inch LCD in the first place you should just go to best buy and get a better tv with better sound for less than the 1000. And guess what it would be LED and still leave money left over. This isn't a deal, it's a steal - from the customer. VIZIO is a junk brand not worth these prices if brand new.

bnadiver1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnadiver1

Just bought the 42" model new at WallyWorld 2 days ago for $499 plus tax. 120hz with the internet apps. Woot has it refurbished for 349 plus 5 shipping. Seems like a decent deal.

AL

fragatina

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fragatina

Not such a deal in CA now that we pay sales taxes.

uwteach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uwteach

I thought the Vizio was one of the worst purchases of a TV in a very long time. When it died after infrequent use, I replaced it with a Sony of which I now have 3 and no regrets whatsoever. You really do get what you pay for.

wildebeest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildebeest
drich92 wrote:The 37" spec with the stand is wider than the tv itself. This is not true with all the other sizes. So the tv fits without the stand but not with the stand unless the spec is WRONG. Its going into a cabinet. It sounds wrong to me but I can't but unless verified. The 37" shows like a 45" width with stand. Anyone know what the real spec is.

I noticed that too. Actual width is 35.1 in. The 42 in width is for the carton.

pegun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegun

Why do the number of USB ports differ between pictures 5 and 7? You'll notice 1 USB in picture 7 versus 2 in Picture 5.

Nod, Smile and keep wondering what happened

szapinski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages szapinski

Do any of these come with updog??

ktischler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktischler

The dimensions are incorrect for the 37". The correct dimensions are listed on the Amazon site...

http://goo.gl/Qaiz6

KT

sstol1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstol1

What's the difference between the 37 LED and 42 LCD? I understand the price and size differences, but get confused when it comes to LED/LCD, refresh rates, contrast ratio, etc. Is one more energy efficient than the other? Does one have better picture quality over the other?

geocathcart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geocathcart

472VL brand new direct from Vizio is only $87 more and that includes one year warranty.
http://store.vizio.com/deals/e472vl.html?___SID=U

talon4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talon4x4
woolygums wrote:Amazon has Square Trade 4 year extended warranty for $83. Don't know if this applies to refurbs?

http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-4-Year-Warranty-500-600-Plasma/dp/B003BLXJR6/ref=pd_cp_e_2

Checked with Square Trade website. They DO cover refurbs! And a lower price than Amazom. Square Trade says that going direct will save you money over eaht the retailers charge. I am in for a 47" Woot, today. Yahoo

http://www.squaretrade.com/our-coverage

I've gone to the SquareTrade website and only see a 1yr warranty available for refurbs. The warranty cost for the 47" TV is $75.99. 1yr is not a long time.

geocathcart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geocathcart
talon4x4 wrote:I've gone to the SquareTrade website and only see a 1yr warranty available for refurbs. The warranty cost for the 47" TV is $89. 1yr is not a long time.

Go on to S/Q checkout and they will offer you the second year for half price, i.e. total for two years is $114. Direct from Vizio, new, is still the best deal i.m.o.

xr440dude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xr440dude

Our is very good, but the sound is a little weak, as others have mentioned here. I just bought a $100 set of self-powered PC speakers that have a subwoofer and found a way to mount the L & R speakers on the sides of the TV. Plugged the speaks into the variable audio output...now we have an awesome TV with very good sound.

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

The biggest Vizio we could justify was a 65" 3D tv a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I've always been happy with Vizio.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
barnardferrari wrote:What's the point of having to select both a size and model when there is only one model of each size available?

You have to realize there are so many stupid people these days that probably could not figure out the TV size from the model numbers.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
sstol1 wrote:What's the difference between the 37 LED and 42 LCD? I understand the price and size differences, but get confused when it comes to LED/LCD, refresh rates, contrast ratio, etc. Is one more energy efficient than the other? Does one have better picture quality over the other?

LED / LCD it's the same LCD just the LED has led backlighting and the LCD has regular minature fluorescent tubes.

gavinbaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gavinbaker

Can anyone tell the difference between this model the E472VL and the E472VLE that is available other places?

cinderellabunni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinderellabunni

I purchased one of these TVs awhile back from woot. It works mostly ok... The backlighting of the screen is not even and when there is a darker picture it looks like someone is holding little led lights along areas of the screen. It makes watching Batman sad. We contacted Vizio who would not help us due to these being a refurbished lot from Woot. We contacted Woot who told us they had no more and all we could do was ship our $600 TV back to them at our own expense and have our money back or suck it up and deal with it since the brighter shows (aka kid shows) look ok. I will never, EVER purchase something refurbished or expensive from here again.

baileys326

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baileys326

@ThunderThighs - Any pics of the remote for the 47" or 32"? Want to know if it has the QWERTY keyboard on the back like some of Vizio's remotes do. Need that QWERTY for Apps, etc.

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante

Strange that the smallest TV here (the 32”) has the best Energy Star rating (4.2 vs. 4.1 for the rest) yet uses more electricity that the 37” TV and almost as much as the 42” model.

ryanpblyth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanpblyth
Powerslave wrote:Walmart has a nice 47" for about the same price, 1080p, but it is 120Hz. I am beginning to see, this place REALLY doesn't have the deals, if you LOOK...

No Internet Apps though. That's more important in my mind than 120Hz vs. 60Hz.
EDIT: This is 120Hz too... This IS a deal.

drdougsteward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drdougsteward
gurdassingh wrote:Seemed like a Woot at first glance but then looked online and now having doubts. Costco has a 47" Vizio for $100 more, plus they extend warranty to 2 years. The Costco model is E472VLE, while Woot model is E472VL. Their specs are exactly same so not sure what is different. On Amazon, both these models are listed but with significantly different prices.

Any help on differences from fellow Wooters?

Frequently the Costcos and Sam's clubs (etc.) get a special bundle with a unique model number that is different from what other stores get and so that makes model comparison hard.

the.slug
HHH handle

So, in the end, when one is wooting, one gets to the point where one would like just to emit an inarticulate sound.

Apologies to Ludwig Wittgenstein

drdougsteward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drdougsteward
Shakes1 wrote:I have the Vizio 55" led refurb, got the 1 year square trade warranty. I love the internet apps and the tv in general. Great prices for an american made product!!!

Vizio is a privately held producer of consumer electronics, based in Irvine, California, USA. It was founded in October 2002 as V Inc.[2] Vizio's major partner in the consumer electronics arena is AmTran Technology, a Taiwan-based OEM/ODM that manufactures more than half of the televisions sold by Vizio[3] and owns a 23% stake in the company.[3][4] Vizio also manufactures its products in Mexico and China under agreements with ODM assemblers in those countries.[5] (wiki)

R&D and HQ in US ... made in Taiwan, if I'm not mistaken. Still a great product - I've got 2 Vizio's and have had no problems (still got a 52in Plasma from several years ago that works great). I'll buy another one when I need one.

the.slug
HHH handle

So, in the end, when one is wooting, one gets to the point where one would like just to emit an inarticulate sound.

Apologies to Ludwig Wittgenstein

shannonry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannonry
uwteach wrote:I thought the Vizio was one of the worst purchases of a TV in a very long time. When it died after infrequent use, I replaced it with a Sony of which I now have 3 and no regrets whatsoever. You really do get what you pay for.

Perhaps you purchased a lemon vizio? I've owned a Vizio 42" for about 5 or 6 years now? I bought back when I was a freshman in college. In fact, it is a refurb unit, as well. I think it's a 42glv or whatever. Anyway, the ONLY problem I have with it, is that sometimes (maybe once a month--like other cycles that can be equally annoying, or worse...) the screen will not turn on after pressing the power button (I can hear the relay not click when it's supposed to, so i know when it happens). It just requires me to turn the device off and turn it back on. Other than that flaw, I've never had an issue with my Vizio. In fact, i'm using it right now as my Diablo 3 and Woot! monitor! Mine was from Buy.com with a 90 day warranty--that WAS about 5 or 6 years ago, though. The only reason why I could consider getting an upgrade is for the increased resolution and added options for peripherals and interface inputs. I would not hesitate what-so-ever about getting another Vizio. In fact, i'm sure with the light sensor and the ability to calibrate your screen colors, you should be able to get a VERY nice picture for the money. I think spending 1k on a tv is ridiculous. Unless you want 3D, but I don't. I think I'd rather spend the extra 400 or 500 on something else.

fallschirmjager

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fallschirmjager
CoffeeOnIce wrote:I purchased a refurbished Garmin GPS once. It worked well except when it kept telling me to drive into the river. I don't know that it was a mechanical issue so much as that it had teamed up with my printer to try to kill me...

Your problem with the Garmin may not be the electronics, but with the map. Try updating maps, if you haven't already. The maps told me to follow a road that used to exist and only became an unpaved trail in most parts. Just for chuckles I followed it (in a Jeep) and it actually took me to the intersection I needed to get to. When I updated the maps the route it then showed was correct and routed around the abandoned road. Also follow the forums for whichever GPS you own and you can find a lot of fixes for any roads that need to be updated before the maps are updated by the companies. Be safe out there.

elpeplow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elpeplow
dknieriemen wrote:I like woot products and prices. However, the reasons you give that you owe youself are some of the dumbest things you have come up with yet. Who are you marketing to? Have we dumbed ourselves down this far?

I agree. Glad you posted. I like to think of myself as one of the 99%. Woot, you were starting to sound like a member of the 1%. Say it isn't so. I have been happy with every refurb item I've ever bought (not all from Woot) except for the laptop that the dog jumped on when it was lying open on the bed. I have two Vizio 32" and the sound is fine on the one in my grandson's room. The one in my room has a weird sound problem that comes and goes. Sometimes the person speaking sounds like they've spent the last hour or so in the dentist's office and the cotton wadding is still in place where the wisdom teeth used to be.

elpeplow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elpeplow
xr440dude wrote:Our is very good, but the sound is a little weak, as others have mentioned here. I just bought a $100 set of self-powered PC speakers that have a subwoofer and found a way to mount the L & R speakers on the sides of the TV. Plugged the speaks into the variable audio output...now we have an awesome TV with very good sound.

Thanks so much for posting all those great details! I had been thinking about trying to attach better speakers to my 32" with the come-and-go sound problem (human voices only - background music and sound effects are great) and now I know exactly what to look for. You saved me lots of shopping time!

wiretap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiretap
pupyluvr wrote:Refurbished Vizio is an excellent brand... they make some pretty great TV's.

lol, good one.

pbradley68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbradley68

Newegg has the same price and cheaper upgrade warranties and free shipping.

ewedaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewedaman

I hope no one has the same problem I had with refurbished Vizio TVs. The first one and its replacement went bad almost immediately. I'm out $52 in shipping, waiting on purchase price refund, and have no TV.

bamcbroom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamcbroom

Just snatched up the 37" for my parents who are stuck in the stone age. They still roll with a 32" tube in the living room.

I flirted with the thought of buying the 42" but waited too long and they were sold out. 37" will work fine for what they will use it for. I did my homework and read the negative reviews. Most of them were complaints about sound quality which is easily corrected by purchasing a sound bar.

I also opted to grab a two year extended warranty from square trade for $80 to cover myself. All in all a $400 investment for a LED/LCD TV is still a deal.

acmetech

quality posts: 4 Private Messages acmetech

wrt 90-day warranty, the manufacturer clearly doesn't like the odds on a 1-year warranty, and who should know the odds better than them?

ikisat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ikisat

These deals didn't seem very good to me since they're only $50-100 lower than the new prices... They are almost all sold out though so apparently some people think that's a great deal.

My experience with Vizio has been mixed, the T.V. I bought refurb has impeccable reviews for picture quality in all areas but I did have to trade it in 3 additional times to get one that had that flawless picture quality. Vizio was relatively prompt with responses compared to other companies and they provided return shipping labels every time I returned it because I bought it from a dealer authorized to sell Vizio so Vizio themselves handled all the exchanges at no cost to me what so ever aside from the time to take a couple pictures of the problems and send them via e-mail to Vizio. One I even returned for having 1 dead pixel (it was my 3rd return and they had promised to inspect the T.V. prior to shipping to make sure it had no problems what so ever since I had already returned the one I bought and 2 others).

Point being if you don't absolutely need the T.V. than Vizio will take the time at cost to themselves to eventually get you a great T.V. if the one you get to start with isn't all that great. You may not have your new T.V. for a couple extra weeks due to shipping back and forth (at Vizios expense) though so keep that in mind.

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

I'm still trying to find puzzle pieces for the Buccaneers of Caribbean damn am I too late?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

baileys326 wrote:@ThunderThighs - Any pics of the remote for the 47" or 32"? Want to know if it has the QWERTY keyboard on the back like some of Vizio's remotes do. Need that QWERTY for Apps, etc.

No but the model numbers for the remotes are on the Specs tab. You can google them for there.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tom760

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tom760

in for one 37 incher

my first 'big ticket' woot purchase

and the buy that makes me 'better than eveyone else'

Johnbetten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Johnbetten

Woot Refurbished = defective unit that just gets resold to suckers! I know, because I bought one and after about 6 months the backlight just flickers relentlessly when turned on. Its now in my "pile" of refurbished items until they get so old that I eventually throw them out.

John Betten

Johnbetten

tkebidder wrote:I'm still trying to find puzzle pieces for the Buccaneers of Caribbean damn am I too late?

Yes landlubber, you are too late!

John Betten

Johnbetten

Johnbetten wrote:Yes landlubber, you are too late!

somehow Woot can turn M_o_r_o_n into "lanbubber". WOW

John Betten

Johnbetten

wiretap wrote:lol, good one.

Refurbished "fill in your product here" = wasted money

John Betten