WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bean Bag Bonanza!

The chip crumbs mashed into the carpet. The globs of cheese and various dips smeared on the coffee table. The smell of sweaty sports fan that haunts the air after every televised football game. Next Sunday, make your buddies plop down on bean bag chairs you can hose off afterward unlike, say, your couch.
Fatboy USA official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Nice squishy beanbags make excellent seating - who's picked up a Fatboy (I think we last saw them during Back to School, right?) and wants to compare them to other large beanbag chairs for us?

I'm just hanging out, really.

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

Hey! Weren't these 199.99 last time?

dersquisher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dersquisher

Anyone know how these hold up with cats in the house?

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

I would love one of these for the back of the crossover on drive-in movie night, but $200 for a bean bag chair?

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128

For those wanting the 'FatBoy Experience' on a tighter budget, amazon has a 'Sims 3' branded one for ~$95 shipped. Provided you don't mind a little product placement of course...

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

Camina

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Camina

I'm also very curious how these hold up, how comfy they are for sitting, etc.

I've seen these and Sumo floating around the net, but I've never actually tried either - and seeing as I have no living room furniture, I'm seriously considering getting one.

kiwikish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwikish

I've used these at Intel ISEF in LA two years ago and I had never seen them before, but they are insanely comfy! They had a room set up with a bunch of blue fat boys just laying around and a few other style bean bags, but these were my favorite by far! I only wish they weren't this expensive :/

Jixiar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jixiar

These things are NOISY!!! Scrushy, crushy, slishy-sloshy that will terrify your cat and notify everyone in the home you just got up. Not to mention the "dampness condition" you'll encounter after a long session of gaming or watching movies.

If you're going to be dropping $350+ on a piece of squishy furniture, then consider going with something that will really please you.

Check out LoveSac!(http://www.lovesac.com)

Much more expensive, but ohhhhh so worth it in every way.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

I bought a recliner for $250. Might as well find a recliner on sale and get something more comfortable.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs
paulw1128 wrote:For those wanting the 'FatBoy Experience' on a tighter budget, amazon has a 'Sims 3' branded one for ~$95 shipped. Provided you don't mind a little product placement of course...

the linked fatboy is not the buggle up

(>.<)\m/

kbk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbk

We bought 2 Fatboys last time around for our game room and our kids love them! One of the bags has even found its way downstairs into the den...it's a favorite sitting/sleeping spot of my daughter. I am very happy with the durability of the fabric and the huge size of the bag. Great purchase!

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99
Jixiar wrote:

If you're going to be dropping $350+ on a piece of squishy furniture, then consider going with something that will really please you.

Check out LoveSac!(http://www.lovesac.com)

Much more expensive, but ohhhhh so worth it in every way.

I hate it when people use my LoveSac without asking beforehand.

aycheung

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

I know the girl in the photo!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Just the thing for my groovy wood-paneled rumpus room!

(Hey, I was around when bean bag chairs were 'in' the first time.)

garfield43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garfield43
alanhwoot wrote:Just the thing for my groovy wood-paneled rumpus room!

(Hey, I was around when bean bag chairs were 'in' the first time.)

I can't tell you how bad I want to trow a couple of these and a blacklight in my van.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
Camina wrote:I'm also very curious how these hold up, how comfy they are for sitting, etc.

I've seen these and Sumo floating around the net, but I've never actually tried either - and seeing as I have no living room furniture, I'm seriously considering getting one.

I can't vouch for fatboy as I've never tried one (and thus hope someone has tried both), but I was relatively disappointed with my Sumo. The exterior held up well, but the "beans" went flat pretty quickly... three months or so and it was fairly noticeable. I know you can buy replacements, but it was pricey to start, I expect them to stay puffed for more than a couple months of occasional use at the price point it was sold at, and a large selling point when I bought it was that it supposedly did hold up really well for a fattie like me.

It might be fine for a smaller person with occasional use, but I dunno about anything more regular than that.

It was also very, very loud.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

powelljennifer9524

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelljennifer9524

Don't think ill get one it'll get chewed on in the first 2 minutes, by both my kids and my chihuahua.

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128
k0ugs wrote:the linked fatboy is not the buggle up

Correct. It's also not the same colour or price ;)

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

Camina

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Camina
jezebelseven wrote:I can't vouch for fatboy as I've never tried one (and thus hope someone has tried both), but I was relatively disappointed with my Sumo. The exterior held up well, but the "beans" went flat pretty quickly... three months or so and it was fairly noticeable. I know you can buy replacements, but it was pricey to start, I expect them to stay puffed for more than a couple months of occasional use at the price point it was sold at, and a large selling point when I bought it was that it supposedly did hold up really well for a fattie like me.

It might be fine for a smaller person with occasional use, but I dunno about anything more regular than that.

It was also very, very loud.

Cool, thanks for the input - guess it will be between Fatboy and LoveSac for me.

pixiedruid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixiedruid

Got one of these the last time around.
Haven't gotten out of it since.

Jeep274

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jeep274

This looks very comfy, but I know it would end up being a $200 dog bed for my choc. lab. He runs this house.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pixiedruid wrote:Got one of these the last time around.
Haven't gotten out of it since.

Might be due to those bandaged arms you're sporting there.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

None of these are sold out yet? Shocker.

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

classycat3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages classycat3
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:I would love one of these for the back of the crossover on drive-in movie night, but $200 for a bean bag chair?

on WHAT night??

radagascar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radagascar

My dogs love their fatboy bed....