3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Remington King of Shaves Kit
$7.99 + $5 Standard OR $8 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

Didn't beat the wootalizer. looks like a nice kit for the money, though!

nangiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nangiggles

interesting, never tried remington shavers before...

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

oh la la~ Slydon looking good in that vest!

shaver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shaver

It would have been neat to have been the first to buy this.

-Chad

GURABoy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GURABoy

We will soon be where Mad magazine predicted years ago: The Trac LXXVI multi-blade.

buckjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buckjr

I purchased these blades and they are not very good if you have a thicker beard. The hair clogs the blades, and it is almost impossible to keep them functioning properly.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I switched to a safety razor a couple of years ago, it provides a closer shave and the blades are extremely inexpensive, I'll never go back... except when I travel, at which time a kit like this would be handy.

BernieJDufrene

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BernieJDufrene

Will this work on my assets?

yojane2118

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yojane2118

Will they work on leg hair?

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

I'm in for 3. This costs the same as 12 of the razors i use now, so if it's awesome i win, if it's the same i win, and if it's worse i lose. Two out of three chances to win!

Edit: I'm also in for 3 b/c it will make @thunderthighs happy.

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm

Thanks - sounds like a Merkur is a good idea. I don't use many blades in a year anyway - I'm not very hairy, but it's nice to have a good razor when I do shave.

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat

But what if I don't want to shave my head bald? Will it work on my hairy legs?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

starmanbackwards wrote:which model Merkur do you guys recommend?

That would be a great discussion over on Deals.Woot but could we stay focused on this deal in this thread?

Thank you!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens
GURABoy wrote:We will soon be where Mad magazine predicted years ago: The Trac LXXVI multi-blade.

Speaking of Mad.... TV? LOL

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DaveInSoCal wrote:I'm in for 3. This costs the same as 12 of the razors i use now, so if it's awesome i win, if it's the same i win, and if it's worse i lose. Two out of three chances to win!

Edit: I'm also in for 3 b/c it will make @thunderthighs happy.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
yojane2118 wrote:Will they work on leg hair?

Defintely! I use mens razors for my legs and they are always smooth... in for 3. 3 sets is an easy 2 year supply for a woman and her special places... legs, under arms, and the mountains near the pink parts.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

is that shinny part chrome plastic, or.........Remington Steele?

showcaller

quality posts: 34 Private Messages showcaller

5 Blades????

You have to be kidding. I am sure someone somewhere in some Marketing dept. at Remington can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that five blades are really better than 4, which is better than 3, which is better than 2. Whoa, stop there! Okay, so for years it was the single blade, then someone came up with a really innovative idea - Two blades! They caught on! Now everyone has a two blade option. It seems that no one uses the three blades, the four blades and the five blades. (which might just explain why they are here on Woot! Sorry, if the benefits were that great you would see a whole lot more of folks buying at the very least the three bladed blades. I didn't even know about these five bladed ones and I can't imagine them being really worth it at any price. Oh by the way... and all my amplifiers go to eleven.

rootatlocalhost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rootatlocalhost
crash331 wrote:Just buy a Merkur and a 100 pack of blades. It will cost you like $40 and will last over a year, and then it's only like $10/year after that.

I wouldn't shave my head with the Merkur though. Or legs. Or... whatever.

AerodexdotCom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom

Is this refreshed?

A

phlypp

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phlypp

These have the blade style pioneered by Gillette (Mach 3, etc.). I hate them. I cut myself about four times more frequently with this type (I'm a guy) and used to go for years without cutting myself. They also don't get certain angles as well, such as under the nose. However, they're rapidly becoming the only type available. I recently bought three packs of the old style (usually 3 blades) before they become extinct. Never heard of Merker. Your experience may differ.

Be Here Now!

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

Some of us aren't fully functional in the morning and don't want to worry about always keeping the razor straight or at the right angle. I have enough things to pay attention to.

I'm glad safety razors work for so many of you, but don't assume that what works for you will work for everyone. Spread the gospel if the urge is overpowering, but don't presume to tell me what I should do.

Besides, if you were real men you'd be using a straight razor.

cvcoast

quality posts: 18 Private Messages cvcoast

To me this looks like five times the cuts. I'm not turning myself into vampire bait, even if the vampire is Mr. Remington Steele himself. (Actually, I would open a vein for Pierce Brosnon.)

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo

Electric means not needing to debate how many blades should be mounted on the end of a plastic/metal stick.

JosephPalreiro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JosephPalreiro

5 blades will last me a year, so 15 should last me...4 years. If I buy 3 - that's TWENTY-SEVEN years of shaving!

MATH!!!

joshthegeek

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joshthegeek

Will this work on my shoulders?

http://youtu.be/lB2svzX7bwg

jigsaw918

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jigsaw918

can anyone tell me if this razor has a sideburn trimmer? The single blade on top of a razor that makes it easy to keep my sideburns straight.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I'm sure our men in the military would love these if you're the kind of person to send care packages.

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420
showcaller wrote:5 Blades????

You have to be kidding. I am sure someone somewhere in some Marketing dept. at Remington can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that five blades are really better than 4, which is better than 3, which is better than 2. Whoa, stop there! Okay, so for years it was the single blade, then someone came up with a really innovative idea - Two blades! They caught on! Now everyone has a two blade option. It seems that no one uses the three blades, the four blades and the five blades. (which might just explain why they are here on Woot! Sorry, if the benefits were that great you would see a whole lot more of folks buying at the very least the three bladed blades. I didn't even know about these five bladed ones and I can't imagine them being really worth it at any price. Oh by the way... and all my amplifiers go to eleven.

Hah, you think 5 blades is bad? Walgreens has a store-brand razor with 6 blades that I used to use. Cartridges were affordable enough as far as cartridges go, but you had to smack the razor on the sink just to unclog the blades. There was just no keeping them unclogged!

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo
CowboyDann wrote:I'm sure our men in the military would love these if you're the kind of person to send care packages.

CowboyDann the idea man.

mrgrogg

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mrgrogg

I've been hooked on the Gillette Fusion Proglide for a few years. The problem is that the cartridges are ludicrously expensive. A package of 8 cartridges costs about thirty bucks, if you wait for a good deal.

I'm in for three on this. For less than the cost of a single 8-pack of my current cartridges, I'll be getting 45 cartridges plus three handles!

Reviews on Amazon are somewhat mixed, but generally positive. With the price difference I have to give it a chance. And if it sucks, then I'm only out less than the price of 8 of my current cartridges.

Kind of a no-brainer.

----------
How much work could a network net if a network could net work?

yoshamano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoshamano
GURABoy wrote:We will soon be where Mad magazine predicted years ago: The Trac LXXVI multi-blade.

While on the subject of razor comedy. One of my favorite The Onion articles http://onion.com/bW36oe I used the shortened link because the original link starts off with some salty language. I'm not sure how well F-bombs fly over here, lol.

ERICinWV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ERICinWV

I recently bought this razor at the local Big Lots for $5 (came with 3 blades) and am very happy with it so far. I didn't find blades in first couple local stores I looked in - so went back and bought three more just to have the blades. As I am sure you have seen, most good razors are getting close to $4 a blade cartridge. Happily I still have receipt and will take those three back to use towards getting three here - a lot bigger supply of blades. It does give a very smooth shave. Not sure how will do with legs, bald heads, etc... but does wonderful for a good everyday shave. Would think you would want a smaller headed razor for private areas - this one is fairly large. Won't be spending money on razors again anytime in near future. I think you will be happy if you just want a good clean smooth shave.

avansmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avansmith
AerodexdotCom wrote:Is this refreshed?

No, the Remington King of Shaves Kit offer is comprised of used shaving material salvaged from a leper colony located in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

fxlr8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fxlr8

These things are junk, no there is no precision trimmer on the top of the shaver. When I had this razor it seemed like the razor head always wanted to pop off. The best razor I have used is the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power, they cut way better and don't feel like they are yanking the hairs out. The fusion also has a trimmer blade on the top which is very helpful.

gordhad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gordhad

In the box:
(1) Remington 5-Blade Razor with 3 Replacement Cartridges
(1 x 3 = 3)
(2) 5-Blade Replacement Cartridges 6-Pack
(2 x 6 = 12)

12 + 3 = 15

So, this comes with 15 replacement cartridges? Am I reading this right? Are the product images just trying to fool me into thinking there are 5 x 5 = 25 cartridges? What's with those 3 holders with only 2 cartridges in them?

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

For those that are worried about the blade clogging:

I recently discovered if you rub the blade on your arm or legs the opposite direction that you shave it cleans the blades quite nicely. Do this and shave in the shower and shaving couldn't be easier.

Side note... I really see someone screwing this up and suiciding them self in the bathroom... Sorry in advance.