homophil79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages homophil79
gordhad wrote:In the box:
(1) Remington 5-Blade Razor with 3 Replacement Cartridges
(1 x 3 = 3)
(2) 5-Blade Replacement Cartridges 6-Pack
(2 x 6 = 12)

12 + 3 = 15

So, this comes with 15 replacement cartridges? Am I reading this right? Are the product images just trying to fool me into thinking there are 5 x 5 = 25 cartridges? What's with those 3 holders with only 2 cartridges in them?

You're like the crazy lady I saw at Dairy Queen who quite literally yelled at the 14 year old clerk because your cheesecake Blizzard wasn't overflowing from the cup.

This is how razor cartridges come sometimes.... The holders aren't always full, and it doesn't mean you've been cheated.

KupoCheer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KupoCheer
joshthegeek wrote:Will this work on my shoulders?

http://youtu.be/lB2svzX7bwg

The real question: will this work on the little spot under my nose?

cyberfrog96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cyberfrog96
showcaller wrote:5 Blades????

You have to be kidding. I am sure someone somewhere in some Marketing dept. at Remington can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that five blades are really better than 4, which is better than 3, which is better than 2. Whoa, stop there! Okay, so for years it was the single blade, then someone came up with a really innovative idea - Two blades! They caught on! Now everyone has a two blade option. It seems that no one uses the three blades, the four blades and the five blades. (which might just explain why they are here on Woot! Sorry, if the benefits were that great you would see a whole lot more of folks buying at the very least the three bladed blades. I didn't even know about these five bladed ones and I can't imagine them being really worth it at any price. Oh by the way... and all my amplifiers go to eleven.

I've been using 5 blade razors for years! They are amazing for fine hair that other razors miss. They also last a good month or two of everyday use for me. I'm a Gillette girl, but I think I'll try these. They might be good for hubby to shave his head? The Fusion blades are crazy expensive.

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

I've used this razor for over a year now, and I love it. It's a great razor for sensitive skin, using it with an oil free acne cleanser instead of shaving cream, has given me the clearest and healthiest looking skin I've ever had. I recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin or acne problems!

homophil79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages homophil79
thomas998 wrote:Mountains near the pink parts? You mean chicks that shave their chest, yuck.

I actually don't think that's at all what she was saying. Think about it a little bit longer...

aron1231

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aron1231
craigthom wrote:Some of us aren't fully functional in the morning and don't want to worry about always keeping the razor straight or at the right angle. I have enough things to pay attention to.

I'm glad safety razors work for so many of you, but don't assume that what works for you will work for everyone. Spread the gospel if the urge is overpowering, but don't presume to tell me what I should do.

Besides, if you were real men you'd be using a straight razor.

Which I do!

gordhad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gordhad
ejsjrnc wrote:much like everyone has a unique fingerprint, everyone's face is different....

some have commented that they are awesome and some say they suck. YMMV definitely applies here.

personally - i've gone the cartridge -> safety razor -> straight razor path myself...takes some time to learn the proper techniques, but my beard is so thick that if i use a cartridge razor, i practically have to shave again at lunch time....the straight or safety razor keep me baby-butt smooth all day....
but again....YMMV...

I have never had any problems shaving my fingerprints with these.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Got one of these free at Walgreen's a few months back.

Worst. Razor. Ever.

Tried to use it a couple times and had to quit. Floppy silicone joint in the "fork" doesn't allow enough weight on the blade to trim thicker hairs close to the skin. After I ran out of my usual razor's cartridges, gave it a second chance out of desperation. still sucked. I'd rather go scruffy than try to shave with this thing again.

tbrezins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbrezins

All current multiblade razors do is take your money. The blades don't last nearly as long as they claim and cost 5x more then they should. The Gillette Fusion 5-blade claims up to 5 weeks of shaving but I found it to be more like a week and a half when I used it.

Go buy a double edge safety razor like a Merkur. Blades are dirt cheap and they don't clog up when you try and shave a thick beard because you were lazy for a few days.

iamshaneihaveaface

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iamshaneihaveaface
jigsaw918 wrote:can anyone tell me if this razor has a sideburn trimmer? The single blade on top of a razor that makes it easy to keep my sideburns straight.

It doesn't look like it. Some of the reviews on the Remington website complain that it doesn't have that "single top blade to get into tight places".

http://www.remingtonproducts.com/mens/Razors/Razors-Gels/Remington-King-of-Shaves-Azor-5.aspx

martial20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martial20
tbrezins wrote:All current multiblade razors do is take your money. The blades don't last nearly as long as they claim and cost 5x more then they should. The Gillette Fusion 5-blade claims up to 5 weeks of shaving but I found it to be more like a week and a half when I used it.

Go buy a double edge safety razor like a Merkur. Blades are dirt cheap and they don't clog up when you try and shave a thick beard because you were lazy for a few days.

I have found that if you dry the blade off after shaving it helps the blade last longer. The water corrodes the blade. Mine last about a month after I started that.

Martial20

martial20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martial20

I shave my head and face, found a set of these on sale at a local store. I stopped using them after about a week because of how difficult it was to use them. The forks supporting the blade are very flexible, which makes it very hard to get a good angle where the blades are firmly against the skin. That also makes it almost impossible to do any kind of detail shaving. I would not recommend these razors.

Martial20

bigdadyswb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdadyswb

Wave The Flag!...I am in for 3....If they are good = BANG DEAL, if not I will let wife use them to shave her legs.

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG

What is Endurium? Isn't that the stuff they wanted to mine in Avatar?

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
fxlr8 wrote:These things are junk, no there is no precision trimmer on the top of the shaver. When I had this razor it seemed like the razor head always wanted to pop off. The best razor I have used is the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power, they cut way better and don't feel like they are yanking the hairs out. The fusion also has a trimmer blade on the top which is very helpful.

So your favorite blade razor is electrically operated and has a pop-up trimmer? For the love of all that is hairy and manly, just buy an electric razor already!!!

luna3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luna3000

if you reuse blades, moisture is what makes them dull, keep them dry after use and this supply will last years!

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

misfit77 wrote:anyone watch the video?

he had cuts all over his left side.

I am sticking with my cheapo disposables.

Those are not cuts in any way. Just pre-existing facial issues under my beard. I didn't get a single cut anywhere while using this razor.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

kellyungs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellyungs
gordhad wrote:In the box:
(1) Remington 5-Blade Razor with 3 Replacement Cartridges
(1 x 3 = 3)
(2) 5-Blade Replacement Cartridges 6-Pack
(2 x 6 = 12)

12 + 3 = 15

So, this comes with 15 replacement cartridges? Am I reading this right? Are the product images just trying to fool me into thinking there are 5 x 5 = 25 cartridges? What's with those 3 holders with only 2 cartridges in them?

I don't think they are selling razors, i think they are secretly trying to dispose of excess blade holders. :-)

whatchu lookin at Willis?

kellyungs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellyungs
MuddyG wrote:What is Endurium? Isn't that the stuff they wanted to mine in Avatar?

I think they were mining for unobtainum!

whatchu lookin at Willis?

Pael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pael
jigsaw918 wrote:can anyone tell me if this razor has a sideburn trimmer? The single blade on top of a razor that makes it easy to keep my sideburns straight.

No sideburn trimmer.

webslappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webslappy

I bought these razors from Meijer (Midwest chain) and they are decent razors. I wasn't able to get as close a shave as I'm used to with them because you pull the razor against your face more than you push like other razors. I had to go over the same spot multiple times and even had to push on the back of the razor blade to get as close as I like.

Your mileage may vary.

merddynemrys

quality posts: 1 Private Messages merddynemrys

Replacement blades are available through Amazon.uk.
And for the ladies there is actually a King of Shaves Queen of Lazor razor (try saying that REALLY quickly, also available from the same source).

CubBuc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CubBuc
Fountain3586 wrote:Defintely! I use mens razors for my legs and they are always smooth... in for 3. 3 sets is an easy 2 year supply for a woman and her special places... legs, under arms, and the mountains near the pink parts.

I wanna hear more about the mountains near the pink parts !

I keep a decorative coffee cup with 1/4" of mineral oil in the bathroom. I deposit my used razor in that cup after I use it; the mineral oil works wonders for the life of ANY razor.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

Why did my post get removed?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gak0090 wrote:Why did my post get removed?

The one advertising another product? Trying to focus the comments on this product. Feel free to post thoughts or experience on this product.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Fendar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fendar
barrytice wrote:I've used the Gillette (they sent me a free sample) and it's true that I get a very nice shave from it. But Gillette is a Proctor and Gamble product, and we do our best to not buy those because of P&G's record on animal testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvZwr2ZSr9g

I've been looking for an appropriate substitute, and I'm in for three.

Would you prefer a walrus or your next door neighbor?

whatsupchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatsupchuck

Hey, it comes with "three replacement blades", right? Plus the two-six replacement blade kits? What are these replacement blades replacing? A sixteenth blade that is original to the razor? I'm guessing not.

You meant "replaceable" blades, didn't you Woot? I'm giving you a B minus on this one, and if you don't pick up the slack, mister, you're going to find yourself flunking English for Internet Advertisers 101 and taking it all over again next semester.

ThunderThighs

Staff

whatsupchuck wrote:Hey, it comes with "three replacement blades", right? Plus the two-six replacement blade kits? What are these replacement blades replacing? A sixteenth blade that is original to the razor? I'm guessing not.

You meant "replaceable" blades, didn't you Woot? I'm giving you a B minus on this one, and if you don't pick up the slack, mister, you're going to find yourself flunking English for Internet Advertisers 101 and taking it all over again next semester.

I would like to challenge this grade. If you look at the Remington site posted above, you'll see that they call them 'replacement cartridges". We're just following the manufacturer's lead and should not be docked for that.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsupchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatsupchuck
ThunderThighs wrote:I would like to challenge this grade. If you look at the Remington site posted above, you'll see that they call them 'replacement cartridges". We're just following the manufacturer's lead and should not be docked for that.

And if the people at the Remington site jumped off a cliff...?!?!? 8-)

ThunderThighs

Staff

whatsupchuck wrote:And if the people at the Remington site jumped off a cliff...?!?!? 8-)

FORUM MODERATOR

cbs2208

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cbs2208
JosephPalreiro wrote:5 blades will last me a year, so 15 should last me...4 years. If I buy 3 - that's TWENTY-SEVEN years of shaving!

Good grief, that means that these things will outlive me! Well, crud....another bequeathment to put into The Will.

andrewstarr87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewstarr87

Oh....I like ZINFANDEL!

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter
homophil79 wrote:I recently bought this razor at the local Big Lots for $5 (came with 3 blades) and am very happy with it so far. ... Happily I still have receipt and will take those three back to use towards getting three here - a lot bigger supply of blades.

You'll probably spend more in gas to return it.

hagumutu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagumutu

youre far better off buying gillette 3blades or 4 blades disposable razors for less than that price. i have tried these razors before and there is a reason why they are not so popular in the US, because they are not very good. Yes they shave but the experience is not very welcoming. after using it once you may not want to retry it over again. and if you do buy the razor and attempt to shave your facial hair, do that on a friday night so your bloody face will heal by monday. good luck

arresan

hagumutu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagumutu
roadhunter wrote:You'll probably spend more in gas to return it.

how are you happy with it if you havent used them?

arresan

escalante

quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
crash331 wrote: wrote:Just buy a Merkur and a 100 pack of blades. It will cost you like $40 and will last over a year, and then it's only like $10/year after that.

ThunderThighs wrote:That would be a great discussion over on Deals.Woot but could we stay focused on this deal in this thread?
Thank you!

Very sorry to hear this. It is exact posts like crash’s that have kept me coming back to Woot for over 7 years. I love the free flow of ideas I can find on this site and hate to see posts like this deleted.

ThunderThighs

Staff

escalante wrote:Very sorry to hear this. It is exact posts like crash’s that have kept me coming back to Woot for over 7 years. I love the free flow of ideas I can find on this site and hate to see posts like this deleted.

Usually I agree but the comments and links to other sites in this sale were outnumbering the comments about this razor. I want people to be able to find the info on this sale too... even the negative comments.

FORUM MODERATOR

rolede

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolede

Some Censorship Going on Here

Early last night on someone "Crazy..." said to just buy the Merkur + 100 Blades.
I checked Merkur on Amazon, liked what I read and chose that instead.
I returned to this site and thanked "Crazy..."
This morning I noticed his post vanished as well as my reply, but still some posts remain referencing his comment on the Merkur-one asking which model he preferred/recommended.

I chose the model 180 Long Handle for people with large hands $32.50 and Product Image
100 Feather Razor Blades NEW Hi-stainless Double Edge $33.84

jakieo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakieo

Seems to be another cheese grater. Look - if you're serious about shaving get a safety razor. 1950s Gillette Super Speeds can be had on the eBay for less than 30 bucks. Then consider getting some Proraso shave soap and a silver tip badger brush. Anything less is undignified.

tfarley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfarley

I just have to ask, are the UK blades made of some non-earthly metal we don't have in the US? A year or two of shaves? Are you kidding!? I currently use a Gillette Atra Track II (an old one, I know), and I only get one week worth of shaving from each blade. I can buy the cartridges for $5 for a ten pack, so, ten weeks of shaving.
I have tried other 5 blade systems (Fusion, etc.) blade as well. I still only get one week from each cartridge. I agree with other posters; the 2 or 3 blade system is a much better shave than any 5 blade system I've tried so far.
A year of shaving from 15 cartridges? I just don't believe it!!