markisj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markisj

I bought one last time, works great for the price!

Jeff

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

Is this compatible with my iPhone 6?

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

using_the_whole_fist

quality posts: 5 Private Messages using_the_whole_fist

i have this laptop. its played portal 2 with no problems--that's the extent of the gaming i do with it.

the vertical resolution is poor, but i don't think you can expect much more from this price point. the trackpad is pretty bad--be sure to get asus' driver if you were to do something like format the drive and install an os fresh, or put in an ssd, or something like that.

other than that its built like a plastic tank.

ltgwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ltgwood

Anyhoo....my parents have an ACER and my mom has had difficulties with the mouse. It selects things when she is typing no matter how lightly her hand bumps it. Changed the settings but it is still a pain. Anyone else hear of this happening?

Is it the built in mouse pad that selects things when your mom does not mean to?

If so, have her hit "Ctrl F1" and it disables the mouse pad. The bottom of her hand is probably hitting it as she types....happens to me all the time. I disable the mouse pad and use a wireless mouse when I use our lap top.

karatecatamanda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages karatecatamanda

If I just need something basic that isn't too hard to lug around, and can run Microsoft Office (primarily need excel & word, and can probably get away with continuing to use my awesome 2003 Office Suite) and check email. That's all it needs to do to help my business. No games, no youtube, etc.

Is this something to jump on, or not such a big deal?

eustacej4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eustacej4

Any info on webcam performance? Planning to use for Skype.

Traylz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Traylz

Just got mine yesterday. Found the left side USB slot works/doesn't work based on pressure of the wrist rest. If I have my wrist wresting on it then the USB works, with no pressure it does not :-(

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Traylz wrote:Just got mine yesterday. Found the left side USB slot works/doesn't work based on pressure of the wrist rest. If I have my wrist wresting on it then the USB works, with no pressure it does not :-(

hmm. you might contact asus about this, if you feel like it's an irreconcilable defect.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

crethem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crethem

I got mine last Thursday (Oct 4) as an early Christmas present for my son. I got all the Windows updates downloaded/applied and then it's processing speed began to slow down incredibly every hour or so. We also discovered it is very picky about DVD's that it will write to (trying to make a system image). I called ASUS and they had me go back to a restore point. That MAY have helped the processor slowing down, but still have the DVD issue. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

dcr_mo

cityofvoltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cityofvoltz

Mine was working fine-

Yesturday I hooked it up to the hdtv to watch some parks & rec, then disconnected it- and used photoshop on it for a few hours-

at lunch i tried to fire it up- Blank screen- i can hear the hard drive turn on- but it does nothing- power button will not turn it off- cd drive will not eject. I have to pull the battery to turn it off- I contacted woot to see if its an warranty issue with them or directly through asus- but that was 15 minutes ago so i will still wait for a reply.

on a side note- the usb 3 port will not recognize my 5 yr old flash drive, or my mouse- but the regular usb port does just fine. maybe it just wants you to use the external hard drive (which worked GREAT) in the usb3 port ;)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cityofvoltz wrote:Mine was working fine-

Yesturday I hooked it up to the hdtv to watch some parks & rec, then disconnected it- and used photoshop on it for a few hours-

at lunch i tried to fire it up- Blank screen- i can hear the hard drive turn on- but it does nothing- power button will not turn it off- cd drive will not eject. I have to pull the battery to turn it off- I contacted woot to see if its an warranty issue with them or directly through asus- but that was 15 minutes ago so i will still wait for a reply.

fyi: according to the main product page, the warranty is 90 days through Asus. might want to reach out to them directly, too...?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.