ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mccready wrote:Just got mine and I was a little disappointed to find that it won't charge via the usb cable.

I was then horrified to find that the included charger is the type that can take different clip-on adaptors for different countries AND NONE OF THEM ARE IN THE BOX.

Anyone else missing these?

Hi there. Most tablets won't charge from a computer's USB. They just pull too much power for that. You have to use the USB cable connected to an adapter that you can plug into the wall.

As to the non-US AC adapters, you didn't mention which tablet but if you look at the original sale (accessible from the first post), you can look back at the picture of the contents. They included only the US adapter. I'm sure you can purchase other adapters from the manufacturer or other retail sites.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mccready

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccready
ThunderThighs wrote:
As to the non-US AC adapters, you didn't mention which tablet but if you look at the original sale (accessible from the first post), you can look back at the picture of the contents. They included only the US adapter. I'm sure you can purchase other adapters from the manufacturer or other retail sites.

The US adapter wasn't included either. That's the problem. I've got the AC wall charger with no prongs to plug into the wall.

This is with the Archos 10.1 8gb tablet (http://www.woot.com/offers/archos-10-1-8gb-android-tablet-8).

The picture does, in fact, show the US adaptor, but that piece is missing from my wall charger.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mccready wrote:The US adapter wasn't included either. That's the problem. I've got the AC wall charger with no prongs to plug into the wall.

This is with the Archos 10.1 8gb tablet (http://www.woot.com/offers/archos-10-1-8gb-android-tablet-8).

The picture does, in fact, show the US adaptor, but that piece is missing from my wall charger.

Ah, ok. That's not good. Make sure you check all the packaging. Some companies really like to hide the small stuff.

The fastest solution will be to call Archos and see if they can send it out to you. They'll have the parts to it whereas we don't. Also, they carry the warranty for it.

However, if that doesn't work out, email service@woot.com for some options.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mccready

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccready
ThunderThighs wrote:
The fastest solution will be to call Archos and see if they can send it out to you. They'll have the parts to it whereas we don't. Also, they carry the warranty for it.

For anyone else missing this piece: I was able to contact Archos and get a replacement via the support chat here:
http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/index.html?country=us&lang=en

ThunderThighs

Staff

mccready wrote:For anyone else missing this piece: I was able to contact Archos and get a replacement via the support chat here:
http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/index.html?country=us&lang=en

Glad it worked out and thank you for sharing the link.

FORUM MODERATOR