WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

3-D'lusional

Sometimes I giggle at the thought of a mental patient seeing 3D for the first time. But then I remind myself it's not funny. What IS funny is watching your toddler's reaction when her favorite cartoon character leaps off the screen and she tries to run up and give it a hug but instead runs head-first into the TV. So precious.

Quality Posts

Arimanio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arimanio

REALLY??? You couldn't have offered these BEFORE you offered the Vizios two weeks ago? I want 3D

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Time to revamp the home theater in time for the holidays! Has anyone checked these out in person? Which 3D glasses are the most comfortable?

I'm just hanging out, really.

DrunkCat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DrunkCat

You ain't ever gonna get rid of those cleaning kits.

Relax.

0Beej0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0Beej0

Looks like the LG 47" LED TV for $500 is actually a 42"...

[MOD: Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed now.]

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
DrunkCat wrote:You ain't ever gonna get rid of those cleaning kits.

Let's try to be optimistic here. :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

inkycatz wrote:Let's try to be optimistic here. :D

We may have the pleasure of looking at these cleaning kits for a while longer yet.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mfitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfitch

it looks like a good projector, but...

at $678 new on amazon (with 1yr warranty / 90 day lamp + free shipping) doesn't make this look like a great price for a refurb.

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-GT750E-Lumen-3D-Gaming-Projector/dp/B005G2HR6W

27 unique / 44 total woot'ed items in 2010 - how did that happen?

ee2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ee2000

After discussing it with my husband we purchased the black TV stand. I am hoping we can put it together without killing each other.

dwijster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwijster

The 3D projector has some pretty good reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-GT750E-Lumen-3D-Gaming-Projector/product-reviews/B005G2HR6W/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I really like that it is short throw so I can hang it close to the screen with out worrying about family members walking in front of me distorting the actual picture.

This is a great price for under $550. Optoma is quality as my office has their projectors in all their conference rooms for years now. Think I will pick one up.

erinnstreeter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages erinnstreeter
0Beej0 wrote:Looks like the LG 47" LED TV for $500 is actually a 42"...

[MOD: Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed now.]

Actually, it still says Screen Size 47" above the quantity drop down.

erinnstreeter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages erinnstreeter
erinnstreeter wrote:Actually, it still says Screen Size 47" above the quantity drop down.

Sorry, let me be more specific:

https://www.woot.com/offers/vizio-42-1080p-lcd-smarttv-w-theater-3d

abigfatphony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abigfatphony

Can anybody weigh in on whether or not the 42" Vizio would be worth it? I've never gotten a refurbed product from Woot; what is the quality usually like for the refurbed TVs?

polkmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polkmc

I bought the 42" Vizio E3D420VX on Amazon about a month ago for about $450 (new). It's been an incredible TV so far, and the Amazon reviews are spot on. The buttons on the remote lock up sometimes, and you have to wait a few seconds (up to ten) for them to start working correctly; however, if you have Dish, Directv, etc., this won't be an issue. The only time I use the Vizio remote is to turn the 3D on and off, and to turn the motion interpolation on and off (to get rid of the so-called "soap opera effect" when not watching sports). A really nice feature is the built in apps (Netflix, Hulu+, etc.). ENJOY!
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E3D420VX-Class-Theater-Internet/dp/B004U5T2OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349116620&sr=8-1&keywords=vizio+42+3d

ocv808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocv808

Does anybody know if any of these TV's would work with NVIDIA's 3d vision?

rockmo69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockmo69

Does the VIZIO E3D420VX 42" 1080p TV come with any manufacturers warranty?

What experience have others had with buying VIZIO refurbished TVs?

wushock1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wushock1

Will these $25 DLP link glasses work with the Optima 33 DLP 3D projector?

radharaman4u

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radharaman4u

Few questions on LG 42LW5300 42":
1. Can i directly connect this to internet cable and see youtube?
2. Does this package includes 3d glasses?

kengla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kengla

These are all great TV's, but make sure you take advantage of the great 3d Blu-ray Discs on sale through Friday!

scomani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scomani

so is this really a 42' or a 47'? The description says 47' screen size right above the drop down for quantity.

[MOD: It's a 42". I'll send that in for fixing. Sorry for the confusion.]

bobhillyard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobhillyard

In for 1 of the Vizio 42 3D. Gonna be here before Sunday? Probably not. How can I enjoy football when I know me TV is out there somewhere in a dark warehouse all alone and scared!

ZidaKano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZidaKano

I'd like the 42" vizio but I just don't think I can do it after last time. I did get my refund so I don't blame woot. I just don't know if I can go through that again.

Any special claims about better packaging this time too?

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Does anyone really watch any 3D anything?

3D doesn't seem to add any value in my opinion.

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri
drunkenalien wrote:Does anyone really watch any 3D anything?

I'm with you on this one.

turbizzi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages turbizzi

You can get the YOUniversal glasses as low as $56.99 with Prime shipping on Amazon. What gives, Woot?

[MOD: You linked to the X104; we are selling the B104. The older X104 is not compatible with EVERY 3D player or projector in the market.  And X104 models DO NOT WORK with RF/BT TVs, Samsung 2011, 2012, Panasonic 2012 models which is more than 60% of 3D TVs.]

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
scomani wrote:so is this really a 42' or a 47'? The description says 47' screen size right above the drop down for quantity.

Either way you don't want it. It's only a 60hz refresh. That's too low for a 3d tv. You'll notice blurring and tearing. 120 is suggested minimum and 240 is optimal. Remember that refresh is cut in half for 3dtv.

ThunderThighs

Staff

scomani wrote:so is this really a 42' or a 47'? The description says 47' screen size right above the drop down for quantity.

Sorry for the confusion. Looks like we forgot to fix one spot. It is a 42"

Re This sale: http://www.woot.com/offers/vizio-42-1080p-lcd-smarttv-w-theater-3d

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

rockmo69 wrote:Does the VIZIO E3D420VX 42" 1080p TV come with any manufacturers warranty?

What experience have others had with buying VIZIO refurbished TVs?

It comes with a 90-day Woot warranty as noted on the bottom of the Features tab. You can also purchase an extended warranty through SquareTrade (or a company of your choice) if you desire.

ThunderThighs

Staff

wushock1 wrote:Will these $25 DLP link glasses work with the Optima 33 DLP 3D projector?

Straight from the vendor to you:

Yes, DLP Link 3D Glasses (Model X102) will work with Optoma and any other DLP projectors (there are millions of those).

DLP Link glasses DO NOT use RF emitter, they use DLP Link technology which is built in into all DLP 3D projectors

ericcova

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ericcova
drunkenalien wrote:Does anyone really watch any 3D anything?

Depends on what movie you watch. Some movies look really good in 3-d, while others are just trying to make the extra $10 by claiming it is 3d. It really is movie specific. Some movies are converted after the fact and are usually terrible. It has to be a movie filmed in 3d. Avatar looks amazing in 3d. I usually review the movie on cinemablend before I buy it to see if it is worth it.

dwijster

wushock1 wrote:Will these $25 DLP link glasses work with the Optima 33 DLP 3D projector?

Did you mean Optoma Model HD33? If so, then yes, they will work with any projector that has DLPLink embedded in it. You will need to go into the onscreen menu via HD33 remote and change the 3D to DLPLink from RF which is the default setting.

kiplerstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiplerstar

I've had problems with refurbished from Woot. I bought a LG 55" from woot a while back. It was defective and I had to use the 90-day warranty. The first replacement was damaged in shipping so I rejected it when it was delivered (had a big hole in it and damaged the screen). The 2nd replacement was ok. It was a big hassle though because they have to call you and schedule a time to deliver it(like a 4-hour window). Now the 90-day warranty is just about up, so I have to hope that nothing is wrong with this one.

I'd highly recommend paying more money so that you can just return it to the store if anything is broken on the TV. Costco has a 90-day return policy and extends the factory warranty to 2 years on all their TV I believe. I think I'll get my next TV from Costco.

P.S. Woot wouldn't take it back. They said to use the Warranty.

abigfatphony wrote:Can anybody weigh in on whether or not the 42" Vizio would be worth it? I've never gotten a refurbed product from Woot; what is the quality usually like for the refurbed TVs?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kiplerstar wrote:I've had problems with refurbished from Woot. I bought a LG 55" from woot a while back. It was defective and I had to use the 90-day warranty. The first replacement was damaged in shipping so I rejected it when it was delivered (had a big hole in it and damaged the screen). The 2nd replacement was ok. It was a big hassle though because they have to call you and schedule a time to deliver it(like a 4-hour window). Now the 90-day warranty is just about up, so I have to hope that nothing is wrong with this one.

I'd highly recommend paying more money so that you can just return it to the store if anything is broken on the TV. Costco has a 90-day return policy and extends the factory warranty to 2 years on all their TV I believe. I think I'll get my next TV from Costco.

P.S. Woot wouldn't take it back. They said to use the Warranty.

We're sorry to hear your last purchase was less than satisfactory. Usually when you email in to Member Services (service@woot.com) we primarily recommend that you contact the manufacturer first and see if they can resolve the issue (in some instances, a warranty is/is not offered by the original manufacturer)

If the manufacturer is unable to provide assistance, we always advise emailing in. Member Services is dedicated to assisting and answering any questions or concerns Members may have regarding their order.
They do their best to remedy/answer any concerns and questions that our Members may encounter.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

EBrossette

quality posts: 12 Private Messages EBrossette

I have a Samsung HL61A750 DLP HDTV. I currently use the Samsung SSG1000 Glasses and was interested in purchasing the Xpand B104 Universal Glasses. Would they be compatible with the IR Signal from the SSG1000 Emitter? I know I could use the DLP Glasses but I prefer IR. Please advise. Thanks.

stazang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stazang
mfitch wrote:it looks like a good projector, but...

at $678 new on amazon (with 1yr warranty / 90 day lamp + free shipping) doesn't make this look like a great price for a refurb.

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-GT750E-Lumen-3D-Gaming-Projector/dp/B005G2HR6W

Does this come with Glasses or do ya need to get those seperate?

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Does anyone have the TV stand? Interested, but it doesn't look too "substantial" - and I've got some pretty heavy a/v gear (huge Yamaha receiver - 50# easy)

You've been put on posting probation for this post

dwijster

stazang wrote:Does this come with Glasses or do ya need to get those seperate?

Glasses are sold seperately. However, you can use with RF GLasses or DLPLink 3D Glasses. Can accomodate both. Just need to change settings in the Onscreen Menu.

alanisrox69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alanisrox69

Any thoughts on the Panasonic home-theater-in-a-box unit?

danishah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danishah
radharaman4u wrote:Few questions on LG 42LW5300 42":
1. Can i directly connect this to internet cable and see youtube?
2. Does this package includes 3d glasses?

In the box:

VIZIO E3D420VX 42" 1080p LCD Smart TV with Theater 3D
Stand with Hardware Screws
Remote Control
(2) Pairs of 3D Glasses
Power Cord

danishah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danishah
dwijster wrote:Glasses are sold seperately. However, you can use with RF GLasses or DLPLink 3D Glasses. Can accomodate both. Just need to change settings in the Onscreen Menu.

In the box:

VIZIO E3D420VX 42" 1080p LCD Smart TV with Theater 3D
Stand with Hardware Screws
Remote Control
(2) Pairs of 3D Glasses
Power Cord