TheRayBan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRayBan

A few weeks ago Walmart.com was selling this same TV for $299 and sold out pretty quick. I am sure Walmart was making money on the deal and Woot/Amazon is making a lot more at 500 bucks! Not seeing the amazing deals we used to see before Amazon took over. Too bad!!

darksidecookies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darksidecookies

Another perfectly-timed sale from w00t! I needed a new TV stand, and this was fairly priced compared to similar models. As a plus, it somewhat matches my TV.

jcpeterson28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcpeterson28

Any idea when they'll ship? I ordered on Monday and still not tracking info. I WANT MY WOOT!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jcpeterson28 wrote:Any idea when they'll ship? I ordered on Monday and still not tracking info. I WANT MY WOOT!

It can take up to five days, hang in there.

I'm just hanging out, really.

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
radharaman4u wrote:Few questions on LG 42LW5300 42":
1. Can i directly connect this to internet cable and see youtube?
2. Does this package includes 3d glasses?

No it's not a Smart TV, so no internet apps. Mines hooked up to my PS3 and my Desktop (via a long ass HDMI), so it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

I purchased this model new in January, love the TV. It's Passive/Cinema 3D, so the glasses are like, a couple bucks, they're the same ones you use at the movie theaters, not the active glasses being sold separately here. I actually just grabbed 4 new pairs after seeing Dredd in 3D.

It converts 2d-3d, works great for sports and animation, everything else is hit or miss. 3D Blu Rays are impressive. It's got a lot of features, some not listed in the manual (additional ways to tweak it for PQ that can be unlocked with a code, a hold over from more expensive models that probably use the same processor).

susie-s

quality posts: 5 Private Messages susie-s

It said right in the specs:
802.11 wireless connects you directly to the internet...
Which is WHY I pushed the button on this one. So, yep, I do think it does connect you to the Net. HOPE so anyway.
And I too am awaiting delivery status email. WANT want want this one...FAST, please!
:-)

Category Five
*edited: broken link/img*

SkwerlKC

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SkwerlKC

Wow, this is a sloooow shipper. I hope it will arrive soon. I mounted a different LED-lit flat screen to the ceiling over my bed, but I want 120 Hz!

susie-s

susie-s wrote:It said right in the specs:
802.11 wireless connects you directly to the internet...
Ahhh ---Sorry: I see you are asking about a different model. I was referring to the one I Wooted!

Which is WHY I pushed the button on this one. So, yep, I do think it does connect you to the Net. HOPE so anyway.
And I too am awaiting delivery status email. WANT want want this one...FAST, please!
:-)

Category Five

jbazis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbazis
inkycatz wrote:It can take up to five days, hang in there.

i guess you mean five business days?

Can anyone suggest reasonably priced but adequate 3D passive glasses for the 42LW5300?

inkycatz

jbazis wrote:i guess you mean five business days?

Well yeah, sorry about that vagueness. I should have specified!

mid1night

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mid1night

Ordered one on the 1st.. Still awaiting shipping! Com'n Man!

inkycatz

mid1night wrote:Ordered one on the 1st.. Still awaiting shipping! Com'n Man!

Hiya!
We're looking into the issue to see if there are any hold ups on shipping.

As always, if you feel there may be a specific issue with your order, or a concern about shipping (after five days), please feel free to ping service@woot.com

mid1night

inkycatz wrote:Hiya!
We're looking into the issue to see if there are any hold ups on shipping.

As always, if you feel there may be a specific issue with your order, or a concern about shipping (after five days), please feel free to ping service@woot.com

Order #41550174
keep me posted. Thanks.

zach0442

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zach0442

I placed an order for the 42 inch Visio TV October 4 and I have still yet to see shipping details will I see them soon?

inkycatz

zach0442 wrote:I placed an order for the 42 inch Visio TV October 4 and I have still yet to see shipping details will I see them soon?

Very likely, but please note it can take up to five business days from when you order! Since you're still within that time frame, hang in there!

bigirish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigirish

Any idea when these are going to ship? I ordered mine on Oct 2nd.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bigirish wrote:Any idea when these are going to ship? I ordered mine on Oct 2nd.

Same answer as previously mentioned.
It takes about 5 days for shipping these babies.

If you don't see updated shipping info soon, feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

jbazis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbazis

PSA: I pinged service@woot and found that mine shipped on Friday (I ordered Monday) and will be delivered today, but my account still says "awaiting shipping" and I never got a notification email.

mid1night

jbazis wrote:PSA: I pinged service@woot and found that mine shipped on Friday (I ordered Monday) and will be delivered today, but my account still says "awaiting shipping" and I never got a notification email.

I also ordered one on Monday (42 vizio) I emailed CS and got "Unfortunately, we have not yet received the tracking information for this order from our vendor. Hopefully we should have the tracking details to send you soon. We apologize for the inconvenience."
I hope mine comes today..

luckz05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luckz05

Mine arrived today, but my status still says 'still awaiting shipping information'. I'm glad my roommate was there to pick it up otherwise they would have just left it out there and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have seen it when I got back. I'll come back and post on here later if everything works okay, first time ordering a TV online, a little worried about how they handled it :/. I got the 47" LG LCD 3D tv for $500.

inkycatz

luckz05 wrote:Mine arrived today, but my status still says 'still awaiting shipping information'. I'm glad my roommate was there to pick it up otherwise they would have just left it out there and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have seen it when I got back. I'll come back and post on here later if everything works okay, first time ordering a TV online, a little worried about how they handled it :/. I got the 47" LG LCD 3D tv for $500.

If you have any problems with it or if it arrives damaged (shouldn't), be sure to contact service@woot.com right away.

lessthankris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lessthankris
luckz05 wrote:Mine arrived today, but my status still says 'still awaiting shipping information'. I'm glad my roommate was there to pick it up otherwise they would have just left it out there and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have seen it when I got back. I'll come back and post on here later if everything works okay, first time ordering a TV online, a little worried about how they handled it :/. I got the 47" LG LCD 3D tv for $500.

I'm anxious to hear from how your tv came out. I'm waiting on the same TV.

idekay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idekay
inkycatz wrote:If you have any problems with it or if it arrives damaged (shouldn't), be sure to contact service@woot.com right away.

Mine did
Already sent the email. REEEALLY hoping there's a replacement that can be sent. I do have to hand it to Woot service. They're great and helpful folk.

idekay

Haven't heard anything all day. I did send a picture with my emails. Any reason that would impede it's arrival? (I'm a little worry-wart, sorry.)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

idekay wrote:Haven't heard anything all day. I did send a picture with my emails. Any reason that would impede it's arrival? (I'm a little worry-wart, sorry.)

Nah everything should be kosher. If you don't see any tracking info updated (or delivered) by tomorrow, please notify us again and we'll be sure to help you out

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

idekay wrote:Haven't heard anything all day. I did send a picture with my emails. Any reason that would impede it's arrival? (I'm a little worry-wart, sorry.)

Did you attach the pics? The CS email system will just gobble the attachments. If you can upload the pics to imgur.com or tinypic.com and then email them the links, that would help.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

idekay

ThunderThighs wrote:Did you attach the pics? The CS email system will just gobble the attachments. If you can upload the pics to imgur.com or tinypic.com and then email them the links, that would help.

Can do. Thanks!
Do I need to re-compose the email or just send links for pics?

jkimball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkimball

Mine just arrived today... unfortunately missing screws, stand hardware, power cord, and remote. i really hope this thing at least turns on.

some scratches on the back, but the screen and front looks intact.

was left outside on the door step, luckily we just got home as it was just beginning to rain..

inkycatz

jkimball wrote:Mine just arrived today... unfortunately missing screws, stand hardware, power cord, and remote. i really hope this thing at least turns on.

some scratches on the back, but the screen and front looks intact.

was left outside on the door step, luckily we just got home as it was just beginning to rain..

Drop service@woot.com an email and let them know, if you would.

jkimball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkimball
inkycatz wrote:Drop service@woot.com an email and let them know, if you would.

just did, thanks.

ee2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ee2000

We got our black TV stand this afternoon, I helped my husband put it together and it looks really nice, now to get a bigger TV.

susie-s

Mine also came on the day my accounty finally said "Shipped". Nice surprise that it came quickly....
That said: EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! The copy says:
"The latest 802.11n Wireless Networking is built-in making connecting to the Internet quick and easy
Easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather."

ONLY connects to the Vizio Yahoo widgets. CANNOT connect you to the Internet. Which is WHY I wooted this. I have Dish Online, and need to be able to access this from the website. It is not a "widget". So... I wouldn't call this a "Smart TV" as stated. I will put this in another place, tho, and use it as a regular tv. But disappointed, as I needed (and still need) an internet-connected tv. NOT a WIDGET-CONNECTED tv!
But the picture's great, sounds okay, and although the Netflix widget is off & on... It's a nice big screen... It is worth $400, but I'd pay more to get exactly what I want. I blame myself, I should have done a lot more research on "internet connected" for this model. (Anyone wanna buy a re-reused 42" 3-D Vizio? ) --<:-)

Category Five