JoshuaJSlone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaJSlone

I got a refurbished E3D420VX a few months ago for $500 and have been very satisfied with it. The E3D470VX is just the model a few inches larger and with maybe something like one additional HDMI input, so I'd give this deal a thumbs up.

As for 3D content, I do have a few 3D Blu-rays, but most of it has been from PC gaming. I've played a lot of Just Cause 2 and emulated Xenoblade in 3D.

alan93 wrote:Can you BROWSE the internet?? I see something about getting news, sports , and weather , but by what means? What browser? Or is it a special app?

Individual apps for things like Twitter, Facebook, different news sources, streaming video, etc. Some come preloaded, others you can download. Since I use mine as a PC monitor this hasn't got much use past the first day, though.

I11mbm wrote:One common complaint about passive 3D is that your 1080p TV becomes two interlaced 540p images. One eye sees every other horizontal line, so they each see 540 of them. That said, when actually using the 3D, you don't notice this at all. Well, unless you're reading small text, then you'll see the difference, but even then the total image that you see looks better in 3D than it does in 2D, simply because it has perceived depth.

Yeah, World of Warcraft comes to mind as a game where the actual world is great in 3D, but the halved vertical resolution hurts the large amount of text. Blowing up the UI settings to maximum helps a lot, though.

balla506

quality posts: 0 Private Messages balla506

Does anyone know if the LG comes with any manufacturer warranty or is it just woot's 90 day? Any idea if the refurbs for these companies are actually used or just old model or messed up packaging?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

balla506 wrote:Does anyone know if the LG comes with any manufacturer warranty or is it just woot's 90 day? Any idea if the refurbs for these companies are actually used or just old model or messed up packaging?

Both of these have the 90-Woot warranty.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chrisf06

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrisf06
dsspro wrote:Dont be fooled..This TV isnt as good as the LG 47 3d LED that was on the deal that sold out...it has no wifi..and only 120hz...read what your buying

Actually, the Vizio does have wifi, and the LG has no internet connectivity at all (wifi or ethernet). and they are both 120hz, the LG just has Trumotion.. The only real upside to the LG is that it is LED and has the 2D-3D conversion option built in

gtcuppels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtcuppels

Not a good deal you can do better almost everywhere else and get a full warranty.

noc007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noc007
GravitaZ wrote:Agreed, I wasted money on a smartTV because I have an HTPC that works way better than their apps. Although the picture on my LG LED Cinema3D is waaay crisper than this Vizio. But once again I wasn't aware you had to buy a 3D compatible blu-ray player so now i have to blow more money :/

If you already have a HTPC hooked up to a 3D TV, why not just get a BD drive for the HTPC? It should be cheaper than a new BD player unless you went with a BD burner.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast

I bought the LG version of this a few months ago. The Olympic Opening Ceremony was stunning in 3D.

47 inches is fine for 3D in my house. It looks great. Of course LG offers 3D content straight out of the box with WiFi and it is amazing. (don't think Visio does offers content).

Good Price. I would buy one if I had not bought the LG.

The LG speakers are a just "ok"

Does the LG come with the Magic Remote? Go magic and you never go back! (Think Wii controller)

issokson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages issokson

visio's power on failure is a common problem. I opened up mine (a plasma from 2008) and popped out the capacitors on the power supply circuit, replaced them, and for 8 bucks, fixed the issue.

myuen02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myuen02

Does anyone know if the refurbishment is done by the original company? If so is there any warranty from that company (Vizio/LG), or is there only the Woot warranty?

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
gtcuppels wrote:Not a good deal you can do better almost everywhere else and get a full warranty.

Links please.

wootdougwoot

quality posts: 12 Private Messages wootdougwoot

Visio internal components are SAMSUNG. Yeah, really...

My Brother's Visio died one day. After some research, he decided on a fine Samsung.

Before tossing the 50' 2 year old Visio, we looked inside to determine what might be going on.
All the components inside said SAMSUNG!

After putting it back together, it started working again.

My brother now has two "Samsung" T.V.s

Go figure...

Has anyone seen my velociraptor?

beloman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beloman

Ref. the refurb VIZIO E3D470VX that was just delivered to my door Saturday from a Woot two weeks ago....
No SOUND, No Picture..just a "Cracked" looking image and a BUNCH of vertical lines...NOT GOOD! Needless to say- the packaging was in HORRIBLE condition when arrived and a dent in the speaker panel below the screen as well. This is the 2nd woot item I received in LESS than working condition. Buyer beware!!
This one is going BACK!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
beloman wrote:Ref. the refurb VIZIO E3D470VX that was just delivered to my door Saturday from a Woot two weeks ago....
No SOUND, No Picture..just a "Cracked" looking image and a BUNCH of vertical lines...NOT GOOD! Needless to say- the packaging was in HORRIBLE condition when arrived and a dent in the speaker panel below the screen as well. This is the 2nd woot item I received in LESS than working condition. Buyer beware!!
This one is going BACK!!

Please be sure to contact service@woot.com with your issue! Sorry this happened to you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

Why no Toshiba TV's on Woot ? Maybe because they don't make as much junk as VIZIO and LG !!

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

gtcuppels wrote:Not a good deal you can do better almost everywhere else and get a full warranty.

gotta add links for street cred.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ProfessorOhki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ProfessorOhki
noc007 wrote:If you already have a HTPC hooked up to a 3D TV, why not just get a BD drive for the HTPC? It should be cheaper than a new BD player unless you went with a BD burner.

It'd still be cheaper. PC BluRay burners are down in the <$80 range these days.

sjlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjlee

It's available here (new) for $766.42 plus shipping.

http://www.tamayatech.com/parts.php?g=47LW5300

Their website is pretty basic, but they have a decent rating on Reseller Ratings.

2-time Random Crap purchaser

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

wait... I'm confused. does this tv have a non 3D mode?

vectorg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vectorg

BRAND NEW and only $70 more full year warranty with there 90 day return policy, I'd pass on this Woot deal

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-47-Class-Theater-3D-LCD-HDTV-with-VIZIO-Internet-Apps-1080p-120Hz-E3D470VX/15992333

mambo143

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mambo143
vectorg wrote:BRAND NEW and only $70 more full year warranty with there 90 day return policy, I'd pass on this Woot deal

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-47-Class-Theater-3D-LCD-HDTV-with-VIZIO-Internet-Apps-1080p-120Hz-E3D470VX/15992333

Thanks for the post and research. Lots of pretty good reviews on the site and I have to say that the $70 difference is negligable with the warranty and return policy. I have purchased a 42 inch Vizio here before and was very happy with it; been going strong for a few months now and it did come with a manufacturer (refurb) 6 month warranty. For this kind of money though, I think I might go for the assurance of the warranty.

oraclehcr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oraclehcr
drunkenalien wrote:Does anyone really watch anything in 3D?

If you do, give me some examples.

Anytime you can watch football in 3d it's amazing. The X games on ESPN 3D is great and just about any other sporting event. I watch 3D movies all the time and always get the 3D Blu-rays when available.

zphere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zphere

DO NOT BUY. Woot sends nothing but broken products and them makes you pay to return the defective equipment. Waste of Money, Waste of Time.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
onefastwienerdog wrote:Why no Toshiba TV's on Woot ? Maybe because they don't make as much junk as VIZIO and LG !!

LOL Toshiba makes a better TV than LG or even Vizio...I don't think so.

ndbaily13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndbaily13
endustry wrote:Bottom line... 3D is excellent for gamers. Several various PS3 games are 3D. I actually have the 47" LG but my model is the 5600 (not sure of the difference). I do know that the picture is incredible and it's a wonderful TV 3D or not. Highly recommended.

I also agree with you and appreciate you. 3D TV is really incredible and also best for gaming.

lunadude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunadude

Just received the TV today. There was no glasses in the box. Did anyone else miss theirs?

At woot's suggestion, I called two different LG referb numbers. They both stated the TVs ship with power supply and remote, no glasses. Recontacted woot, and they took care of me.

Thanks, woot!

PemberDucky

Staff

lunadude wrote:Just received the TV today. There was no glasses in the box. Did anyone else miss theirs?

hmm. sometimes items are shipped separately, but i cannot say for certain that's the case here.
i would drop a line to service@woot.com and tell them what happened.

i'll nudge them from my end, too, and let them know your situation.

brettesr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brettesr
PemberDucky wrote:hmm. sometimes items are shipped separately, but i cannot say for certain that's the case here.
i would drop a line to service@woot.com and tell them what happened.

i'll nudge them from my end, too, and let them know your situation.

Didn't get glasses with mine either.

brettesr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brettesr
lunadude wrote:Just received the TV today. There was no glasses in the box. Did anyone else miss theirs?

Mine came yesterday. No glasses as well.

PemberDucky

Staff

brettesr wrote:Didn't get glasses with mine either.

same deal. i'm not sure if they were shipped separately, but email service@woot.com with your info and they'll let you know for certain.

i'll forward this to them so they can expect to hear from you.

sorry for the inconvenience.

jcorkery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcorkery

The 3D glasses were missing from my shipment as well.

PemberDucky wrote:same deal. i'm not sure if they were shipped separately, but email service@woot.com with your info and they'll let you know for certain.

i'll forward this to them so they can expect to hear from you.

sorry for the inconvenience.

mwebb13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwebb13

Received mine on Friday..set it up today...cracked screen (internally). I have heard before not to order TVs off Woot. And, I'm sure I'll have to pay the return shipping. Needless to say...I'll be leery of any other purchases from them.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mwebb13 wrote:Received mine on Friday..set it up today...cracked screen (internally). I have heard before not to order TVs off Woot. And, I'm sure I'll have to pay the return shipping. Needless to say...I'll be leery of any other purchases from them.

We're sorry to hear that you received your order with internal cracking issues. Please email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with resolving this issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff