• 51.9% - Water 1672
  • 13.5% - Soda 436
  • 13.6% - Coffee 439
  • 8.5% - Tea 275
  • 6% - Booze 194
  • 3.7% - My own urine 118
  • 2.8% - Other 89
3223 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Natural fruit juice

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

Half sweet tea, half Crystal Light.

viroodiem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viroodiem

Why no option for other peoples urine? I mean cmon, no one drinks their own urine anymore, what is this 1982?

jsvend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsvend

COFFEE
COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE
WHERE'S MORE COFFEE
Off My Gangplank! I'M OUT OF COFFEE HELP

Told U So

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Told U So

Three or four diet Pepsi a day. Luv it!!

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

Gatoraid

frojoe2004

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frojoe2004

Yeah, that many people actually drink water more then other beverages. I detect liers.

omomma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omomma

Polar Flavored Seltzer (mostly Mandarin). I know it's mostly water, but it's my addiction...

jdcamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdcamp

No tigers blood? NOT Winning!

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

Wonder why blood didn't make the list? where are my vampire? and mosquito people at?

jackw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackw

Did the 2.5% of urine drinkers come from the International Space Station where their urine is recycled into water? Or would that count?

I live the way I type, FAST, with a lot of mistakes.

buttfungus12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttfungus12

I drink crow's nest for breakfast

akroll7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akroll7

If your majority isn't water, it really should be. I drink coffee everyday but definitely drink way more water, it's what your body runs on. Don't fill yourself up with sugar.

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy

Arizona Iced Tea RX Stress. I would live on it if I could.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

ShaggyTx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaggyTx
akroll7 wrote:If your majority isn't water, it really should be. I drink coffee everyday but definitely drink way more water, it's what your body runs on. Don't fill yourself up with sugar.

Agree and you need plenty of water to avoid kidney stones.

funkyjhillis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages funkyjhillis
akroll7 wrote:If your majority isn't water, it really should be. I drink coffee everyday but definitely drink way more water, it's what your body runs on. Don't fill yourself up with sugar.

I was under the impression that America Runs on Dunkin, not water

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

Lies, lies, lies.....

Consumer trends clearly note that sugar drinks, including diet, make up the main source of liquid intake in Americans. If you add crystal light or kool aide, it is still a soda type drink. Define, soda as anything with additives. Those who drink just water daily are full of ####. Yes, we all drink maybe a glass or two of water, but some don't drink a drop. Even bottle water sales are falling. Consumers figured out it was just filtered water charged 1000X its price. Just buy a filter. And it is hard to spend $1 on a bottle of WATER, when there is diet drinks, twice the size for $.59 cents. You could argue that those drinks are 95% water anyway. Just a few additives to prolong your life, just saying. LOL

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta
mrsly69 wrote:Lies, lies, lies.....

Consumer trends clearly note that sugar drinks, including diet, make up the main source of liquid intake in Americans. If you add crystal light or kool aide, it is still a soda type drink. Define, soda as anything with additives. Those who drink just water daily are full of ####. Yes, we all drink maybe a glass or two of water, but some don't drink a drop. Even bottle water sales are falling. Consumers figured out it was just filtered water charged 1000X its price. Just buy a filter. And it is hard to spend $1 on a bottle of WATER, when there is diet drinks, twice the size for $.59 cents. You could argue that those drinks are 95% water anyway. Just a few additives to prolong your life, just saying. LOL

I'm pregnant and 99% of the liquid I drink is plain water. Even before this pregnancy it was probably at least 80%. With the rest being milk and juice and a very occasional Sprite. I would be drinking milk now except that pregnancy makes me lactose sensitive.

There are those of us that do not fill our bodies with crap drinks and do drink mostly water.

So just because the media states what consumer trends are, doesn't mean the research/data is completely accurate and really reflects what people are actually doing. People DO drink tap water and unless they survey 100% of the people, they aren't going to see that in their data.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

strummer00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strummer00

Milk!

Followed closely by water and fruit juice & beer tied for a distant third.

catta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catta

I pretty much live on Gatorade. I've tried to love water, I really have, but I can't. But hey, at least I'm off soda.

First Big o' Cosmos: Super-secret Moofi edition on 06/16/2011

hitman1689

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hitman1689

Apparently right now 2.6% of the community is Bear Grylls

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
catta wrote:I pretty much live on Gatorade. I've tried to love water, I really have, but I can't. But hey, at least I'm off soda.

Hey, everyone starts somewhere, and I'm working on cutting out soda myself. Have you considered getting one of those sparkling water devices? I'm not going to advocate any particular brand because there are so many out there now but for me, just having fizzy (plain) water has gotten me to drink more water overall. Oh, and a good filtered pitcher.

I'm just hanging out, really.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut
viroodiem wrote:Why no option for other peoples urine? I mean cmon, no one drinks their own urine anymore, what is this 1982?

lol

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

Well, I have skim milk & fresh-squeezed juice (no coffee) with my breakfast, then water (filtered tap, not bottled) the rest of the day. Will do the occasional soda (MAYBE once a week), and enjoy a beer when having bbq ribs, pizza, or burritos.

IMO,would not consider a squirt of MIO for some flavor in 16oz of water a 'soda type drink'. Sugar-free Crystal Light & similar flavor packets are usually 5cal or less; then again, so is diet soda. Should those be considered soda or flavored water? Splitting hairs perhaps, but almost certainly healthier than high-calorie full sugar soda.

Vpstylee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Vpstylee

I drink a 16oz. glass of Tropicana OJ (some pulp) before I leave for work. at the office i have a 1.5L smart water bottle I fill up at the water cooler twice and pour it into a smaller cup for easy consumption. I usually dont drink with meals, unless at a restaurant, but I have a glass of Ocean spray 100% juice cranberry before going to bed and usually an unmeasured "1/2 glass" of water after brushing to rinse out the mouthwash taste.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69
rehta wrote:I'm pregnant and 99% of the liquid I drink is plain water. Even before this pregnancy it was probably at least 80%. With the rest being milk and juice and a very occasional Sprite. I would be drinking milk now except that pregnancy makes me lactose sensitive.

There are those of us that do not fill our bodies with crap drinks and do drink mostly water.

So just because the media states what consumer trends are, doesn't mean the research/data is completely accurate and really reflects what people are actually doing. People DO drink tap water and unless they survey 100% of the people, they aren't going to see that in their data.

I am proud that you are drinking your daily water. But, and a big BUT, American's don't drink mainly water for various reason. #1 being Americans are addicted to having too many choices. I drink a lot of iced tea with NO SUGAR, but I would be lying if I said I mainly drink just water. Various research clearly shows that Americans are addicited to additives. Blame marketing, our culture, or the government, research says we just don't drink mainly water. Research also shows the average person lies about 4 times a day, from the little white lie, I drink mainly water, or amount of sex partners, or to cheating on their spouse. We tend to answer questions based on personal preference or how others perceive us. Even in blind studies, were no body would know it is you, studies show you answer based on what you think is culturally right. Right now, our culture is at war with marketing and personal freedom. To be politically correct is more important than being an individual. George Orwell, 1984 and Animal Farm, is more relevant than ever. I know, this is a stupid poll on WOOT, to fill some space. I reading way too much, but I am bored at work and finally had it with all the PC crap. BE HONEST. Most American's don't just drink mainly water. IT is just a LIE! And kidney stones are more hereditary than caused by other causes. If you have a family history of kidney stones, drink more water, but if your immediate family has no history, the studies show you have a low risk of ever getting kidney stones. A close friend is a health nut. He works out daily, avoids caffeine, vegan, and basically lives, IMHO, a boring life. But has a history of kidney stones. Why, his family history of stones. Me, I eat meat daily, drink 4 diet cokes a day, 2 large coffees, milk, rarely work out, and never had even heartburn. Why, NO HISTORY, in my family ever. Not say it won't happen with this diet, but just saying. many smokers live to be 90 and never get cancer, while other's die at 30. Life is just a crap shoot and genetics play a bigger role in your life than anything. Again, SLOW day at work, so bring it on. I have nothing to do but google studies and enjoy my diet wild cherry Pepsi. LOL

vagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vagel

*Other because bourbon wasn't listed

aharrigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aharrigan

ploeg8393

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ploeg8393

Actually a soda drink is something with soda water, its carbonated. You talk of buying a filter and filtering your own water yet you argue your case on soda being the most consumed drink by looking at sales of water bottles? Cmon, make a real argument.

ploeg8393

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ploeg8393
catta wrote:I pretty much live on Gatorade. I've tried to love water, I really have, but I can't. But hey, at least I'm off soda.

Try to buy the Gatorade with the lease amount of sugar. If you stopped drinking soda for weight loss purposes, drinking regular Gatorade isn't going to help you.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
frojoe2004 wrote:Yeah, that many people actually drink water more then other beverages. I detect liers.

I wish. I would RATHER drink soda all day, every day, but it's far more expensive and less healthy than water. I have one to two cans of Coke Zero a day, the odd coffee here or there, but it's mostly bland, uninteresting, cheap water.

1zenmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1zenmom

I agree that we are addicted to additives. I pretty much only drink water now and am a HUGE coffee and tea lover. The longer I am off the more it bothers me to drink soda, coffee and tea etc. Even though I really miss it, I actually can't drink it anymore. Its a real eye opener on all the crap thats really in that stuff.

BigCheeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigCheeze

Coffee in the AM, booze in the PM. Sometimes AM and PM tend to get mixed up, and that is what Irish Coffee's are for.

livik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages livik
frojoe2004 wrote:Yeah, that many people actually drink water more then other beverages. I detect liers.

I actually do live on water. I have my morning cup of coffee that is made of 8-10 ounces of milk no water or creamer. I also occasionally have a cup of black, peppermint or green tea with no more than 2 small spoons of sugar or 1 spoon of honey.
Only 16% of my daily liquid intake comes from drinks other than water.

Soda makes me feel seriously ill, but I do give in and buy one good Root or Birch Beer soda every few months.

I know a lot of people that drink water constantly as well. Of course I grew up in a rural area, and we actually have decent tasting well water. At college I have to live on bottled water because the tap water makes my stomach hurt; I just can't handle the chlorine.

I don't see how consumer reports gather information on the huge 314,505,000 population and have that information be accurate.

w116tjb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages w116tjb

Water. 80+ ounces of water per day.

Also, I have 2 cups of black coffee every day. One cup in the morning, and one cup after lunch.

Yautja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yautja

Well, I'm not sure how to answer...
If I'm a vampire and I am draining by victims, and they are REALLY drunk, is that "other" for the blood, or Booze... 'Cause I'm seriously catching a buzz, here...

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
rprebel wrote:Half sweet tea, half Crystal Light.

Arnold Palmer light. Delish!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

IgorBochensky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IgorBochensky

My 1st reply got lost. You are dumb turds to suggest urine. Grow up. I will forward my additional comments to my friends at your parent company, if you even know who that is....
Igor

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Careful with the Gatorade. Lots of sodium is in it. Have you tried cutting it with water? I'm not lecturing you. I just have a genuine concern because I worked in the medical field and we would have a lot of patients come in with high bp due to them drinking Gatorade as a regular drink. It's fine for when you are sweating a lot to replenish. Anyway, just be careful.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!