WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Computers and More for Wooters and Who-! Wait.

Go ahead. Try and live your life without a computer. I mean, you could probably LIVE without it, like in the sense that you would continue to breathe and exist, but you wouldn't really accomplish much in terms of being a member of society. 

Quality Posts

• (3:28 PM, 10/5/2012) woot4am suggests turning the speakers into Daleks.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How do these laptops compare?

I'm just hanging out, really.

JohnnyR2312

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnnyR2312

How does the Philips HD Net Connect box compare to the Roku boxes? It seems like it only streams media from devices on the local network. Does it support Netflix? Does anyone know if Roku boxes support the same features as the Philips? I'm currently leaning towards a Roku box.

soccerwarrior1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soccerwarrior1

Brand new the speakers are only $10 more on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Mobile-Gaming-Speakers-RZ05-00500100-R3/dp/B004L2JPS6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3AKVLS6SYIO3T&coliid=I1PEPXIIZFE6E4

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn

Anyone have advice re: the refurb Asus? I have a Dell laptop that is approaching doorstop status (or window breaker if it tees me off again as bad as it did last night).

wolfcheater

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wolfcheater

Does anyone know if the Asus 15.6" Dual Core laptop is a manufacturer refurb or someone else's refurb?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wolfcheater wrote:Does anyone know if the Asus 15.6" Dual Core laptop is a manufacturer refurb or someone else's refurb?

I don't know for sure but it does carry a 90-day Asus warranty.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Anyone have thoughts on how the Grab-And-Go Razer speakers work?

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Hint to Woot: Bring back Slingbox!

Friend and I both looking for one.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

Hi Dear Wootmaster TT and the Inks,
I own the xoom, this mouse (I close mine all the way though), and the Motorola keyboard with trackpad. I've been really good this year, and seeing as most every other retailer thinks it's Christmas once again... I'd love a case for my Xoom. A nice cushy one that closes, with a stand, or an otterbox, or really anything that'll save it from a premature death due to concrete/tile/anger due to breaking my toe again.
Thank you.
-Me

ThunderThighs

Staff

wingedsurfgirl wrote:Hi Dear Wootmaster TT and the Inks,
I own the xoom, this mouse (I close mine all the way though), and the Motorola keyboard with trackpad. I've been really good this year, and seeing as most every other retailer thinks it's Christmas once again... I'd love a case for my Xoom. A nice cushy one that closes, with a stand, or an otterbox, or really anything that'll save it from a premature death due to concrete/tile/anger due to breaking my toe again.
Thank you.
-Me

I'll pass your wish on. Thanks!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sudowned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sudowned

I have the mouse, and I am not mega fond of it. The thing is very prone to going into powersave mode if it goes without being touched for more than a few seconds, which means that whe I use it on my Macbook Pro I see that damn notification thirty or so times every couple minutes. The response time after it sleeps is noticeably slower than normal, too.

edm1950

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edm1950

I bought the AUSA last week for one penny less.

It freezes when it wakes from sleep mode,I've yet to try shutting off sleep mode, or flashing the latest bios and stuff. The little woman just uses it for flash games and classmates.com and for 280 it was a great way to keep spyware off my computer. Maybe she sould just shut it down when she's done using it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

sudowned wrote:I have the mouse, and I am not mega fond of it. The thing is very prone to going into powersave mode if it goes without being touched for more than a few seconds, which means that whe I use it on my Macbook Pro I see that damn notification thirty or so times every couple minutes. The response time after it sleeps is noticeably slower than normal, too.

I don't know about on Macs, but another Wooter posted in the product discussion that there was a setting in Device Manager on Windows to turn off auto disconnect. You might hunt around for that.

Here's the post.

gorveg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gorveg

Does anyone else think that those speakers kind of look like adorable tiny Daleks?

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

check pm, please.

computermd82 wrote:Hint to Woot: Bring back Slingbox!

Friend and I both looking for one.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

http://tech.woot.com/offers/sling-media-slingbox-solo-bundle-1

in the tech.woot.

wingedsurfgirl wrote:Hi Dear Wootmaster TT and the Inks,
Thank you.
-Me

woot4am

quality posts: 1 Private Messages woot4am

I want to buy those speakers and decorate them like little Daleks.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
woot4am wrote:I want to buy those speakers and decorate them like little Daleks.

I approve of this idea.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Entity325

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Entity325
JohnnyR2312 wrote:How does the Philips HD Net Connect box compare to the Roku boxes? It seems like it only streams media from devices on the local network. Does it support Netflix? Does anyone know if Roku boxes support the same features as the Philips? I'm currently leaning towards a Roku box.

The Philips HD Connect is an entirely different type of device. The Roku is a self-contained media streaming and playing device, while the HD Connect is a wireless HDMI cable. The two are in no way competing products. Trying to compare them is like saying "How does this USB BlueTooth adapter compare to an iPhone?"

The HD Connect allows you to use your TV as a second monitor for your laptop wirelessly, at up to a ten-foot range using a small USB-powered HDMI dongle. You would use it if you wanted to send a picture from your laptop to your TV without getting up. You would not use it to stream Netflix without having a laptop to stream from.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
inkycatz wrote:I approve of this idea.

Two votes? I SAY GO FOR IT!!!

RSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RSteve
Entity325 wrote:The Philips HD Connect is a wireless HDMI cable.
The HD Connect allows you to use your TV as a second monitor for your laptop wirelessly, at up to a ten-foot range using a small USB-powered HDMI dongle. You would use it if you wanted to send a picture from your laptop to your TV without getting up.

Understood. Could it also function as a wireless connection between a BlueRay player and an HD projector with an HDMI input?

wootsmittywoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootsmittywoot

Compatibility
Works with Motorola Smartphones and computers featuring Bluetooth 2.1 with HID Profile
In the box:

Motorola Bluetooth Mouse
(2) AAA Alkaline Batteries

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but will this mouse work with an iPhone 4 and a Acer computer?

Entity325

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Entity325
RSteve wrote:Understood. Could it also function as a wireless connection between a BlueRay player and an HD projector with an HDMI input?

Yep, just tested it with my PS3.

There is a very small amount of lag(1/20 of a second, I estimate) which is not an issue with video or presentations. I personally wouldn't use it as a permanent solution where a normal HDMI cable would work just as well, but in, say, a meeting room situation, it's fantastic.

pauldownsouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pauldownsouth
Entity325 wrote:Yep, just tested it with my PS3.

There is a very small amount of lag(1/20 of a second, I estimate) which is not an issue with video or presentations. I personally wouldn't use it as a permanent solution where a normal HDMI cable would work just as well, but in, say, a meeting room situation, it's fantastic.

Never says its HDCP compliant but I guess it must be or it would be useless. The specs say the range is 23 feet (not 10) but that hardly means "anywhere in my house" as the writeup suggests in naive hopefulness.