3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
NeatDesk Desktop Scanner
$249.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

A waste of money. Just buy a reliable all-in-one printer/copier/scanner/faxer and use good free OCR software to convert text on pages to ASCII text and to organize the scans.

You'll save a ton of money!

Heck, buy a used all-in-one to save even more

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It would appear that unlike me, most of the wooters have a life on Friday night.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sparkalina

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sparkalina

I owned this for three months. While scanning was organized and fast, the software is overly complicated with labels, folders, more labels. It's almost too many fields. Too much scanner for my needs. I sold it.

This device is great for people who need absolutely accurate overly organized receipts or documents. The business card scanner function is great, but I still like having a pile of business cards from other people, I never looked at the electronic versions. I can see an accountant or lawyer really getting off on this over-hyped machine.

ericshmerick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick

Have you ever seen a medical office or business use one of these? No? (no)

Now ask yourself why not? Because they are over priced consumer gadgets that are marketed heavily.

In short, spend your money on a Fujitsu and call it a day. They are used by medical offices and corporations on a daily basis and can handle high-volume scanning every day.

The Neat is, well, neat, but not up to the task of serious work. It's a heavily marketed toy. Buyer beware.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

While I understand that this is a fairly user friendly its hard for me to justify what seems like an overly specialized scanner.

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

I am reading the comment above and must shrug because I like mine.

jtw90210

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtw90210

Bought one last Woot! and it does what I want, double. First, it scans double-sided, with a relentless feeder. Second, it has two modes, PDF where you can scan and file things yourself in standard format, and Hoarder, where your stuff disappears into a big specialized database.

Is it the best $250 I ever spent? Probably not. That would be drinks at Mickey's. But it's nowhere near the worst $250.

tim74

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tim74

I'm amazed at the lock on prices these things have. I scan just about everything except receipts to pdf.

But since my software (PaperPort 9) and sheet fed scanner (Visioneer Strobe Pro) peaked long ago, newer versions are lousy, don't exist or don't run in current operating systems, I just use them both inside a WinXP virtual machine using Virtual Box. I just cleared out a bunch of stuff this week. There's no auto labeling and tagging but I can keyword search anything since everything is OCR indexed.

Lechugon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lechugon

Checked Woot tonight as everynight and Woot scammed me by telling me I had won a prize. I simply had to fill out a survey. After gleaning all my personal information they led me on a many paged sales pitch and it was impossible to proceed to the end without buying something that was advertised in the scam. They end up with my personal info and I end up with nothing. I am disappointed in woot because I thought they had more integrity.

Dwass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Dwass
ThunderThighs wrote:It would appear that unlike me, most of the wooters have a life on Friday night.

But what would woot be without ThunderThighs? I don't even want to think about it.

[size=18][color=red]Я царь woot в России![/color][/size]

ThunderThighs

Staff

Dwass wrote:But what would woot be without ThunderThighs? I don't even want to think about it.

Short about 57,117 posts?

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Lechugon wrote:Checked Woot tonight as everynight and Woot scammed me by telling me I had won a prize. I simply had to fill out a survey. After gleaning all my personal information they led me on a many paged sales pitch and it was impossible to proceed to the end without buying something that was advertised in the scam. They end up with my personal info and I end up with nothing. I am disappointed in woot because I thought they had more integrity.

I think you may want to check for some malware there. We don't do that. We do have integrity when it comes to our site and your privacy/security.

Other areas remain questionable.

RichUrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RichUrm
ericshmerick wrote:Have you ever seen a medical office or business use one of these? No? (no)...

Yes I have! My PCP's office uses this or another very similar product all the time at their front desk. Doesn't that shoot down your whole argument? :^)

RU

normanm4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages normanm4

Amen, this definitely creates "more work" when trying to create less work! Get a scansnap.

sparkalina wrote:I owned this for three months. While scanning was organized and fast, the software is overly complicated with labels, folders, more labels. It's almost too many fields. Too much scanner for my needs. I sold it.

This device is great for people who need absolutely accurate overly organized receipts or documents. The business card scanner function is great, but I still like having a pile of business cards from other people, I never looked at the electronic versions. I can see an accountant or lawyer really getting off on this over-hyped machine.

nuttykiwi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nuttykiwi

I got one last time. I love the scanner. But if you need support it may be easier to tie it to a to rock and throw it thru the window of Mr Neat to get help. Just saying!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

We have the NeatReceipts mobile version and love it. Of course, when offered on woot as a refurb, it is 1/3 the price of this. I'd love this, but we just don't need it, with what we already have and two color 3 in 1 printer/copier/scanners.

With a home based business, it is the easiest way to keep track of all of our reciepts and expenses. My husband is not the most tech savvy, and he is the one that needs to use the equipment. He likes the software (which is the same) a lot and it makes tax time a lot easier.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

alexwasserman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexwasserman
RichUrm wrote:Yes I have! My PCP's office uses this or another very similar product all the time at their front desk. Doesn't that shoot down your whole argument? :^)

I've seen these all over the place. Numerous doctors, dentists, etc Always seems trivial and easy - just drop it in.

asanti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asanti
Lechugon wrote:Checked Woot tonight as everynight and Woot scammed me by telling me I had won a prize. I simply had to fill out a survey. After gleaning all my personal information they led me on a many paged sales pitch and it was impossible to proceed to the end without buying something that was advertised in the scam. They end up with my personal info and I end up with nothing. I am disappointed in woot because I thought they had more integrity.

Happened to me once when I went to fanfango instead of fandango.com once.... I'm sure I something similar happened to you.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl
ThunderThighs wrote:Short about 57,117 posts?

57,000 posts and only 175 good ones?

Just like my GF. Blah Blah Blah. Takes her 10 minutes to get to the point!

trouble4u2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trouble4u2
ThunderThighs wrote:I think you may want to check for some malware there. We don't do that. We do have integrity when it comes to our site and your privacy/security.

Other areas remain questionable.

You said everything that I wanted to say! Thanks, my typing fingers are sore (all 2 of them)

AUTbonerman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AUTbonerman
danwat1234 wrote:A waste of money. Just buy a reliable all-in-one printer/copier/scanner/faxer and use good free OCR software to convert text on pages to ASCII text and to organize the scans.

What you're paying for here is as much the software as the hardware. I've been using a MR Mobile scanner to scan my receipts for several years and have found it very useful. I'm buying this one today because the mobile scanner is very slow and I'm looking forward to faster, hopper-fed scans. I've tried the AIO method and it sucks compared to the NeatWorks method.

misstenacity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misstenacity

I bought this 10 months ago and really love it - no double-sided scanning but insanely compact and well-reviewed.

It's the "Fujitsu SCANSNAP S1100 CLR 600DPI USB Mobile Scanner"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ISGG7Q/ref=nosim?tag=dealswoot-20

(note that Woot! will get an affiliate commission if you buy with that link - smart move on their part with embedded URLs! Your price is no different but Woot is making up for potentially losing a regular sale. I like it.)

JPElectron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JPElectron

I prefer the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/scansnap-s1500.html

You can make it so the 1 button on the scanner makes the paper go right to a PDF on your desktop - easy

hibliss

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hibliss

I have one of these at work that someone else ordered. It is ok, I use it primarily for receipts to track expenses. I would like to use it more for scanning business cards, but the OCR is pretty weak compared to other competing packages.

CardScan is my preferred business card scanner and integrates well with Outlook. The Neat software does integrate with Outlook, but it is a bit clunky.

All things considered, this might be worth $250 for use as a filing system for receipts and clearing clutter. If you rely on OCR, I would skip it personally.

nancy33498

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nancy33498

Buy a brand new Fujitsu ScanSnap for a few cents more. They are far superior. http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-S1300i-ScanSnap-Sheet-Fed-Document/dp/B008HBFADQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1349549603&sr=8-4&keywords=fujitsu+scansnap+s1500

Nancy Snap

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
ericshmerick wrote:Have you ever seen a medical office or business use one of these? No?

My OBG and my son's pediatrician uses one. That's two offices.

Rebuttal?

Oh, before you ask, they often use it for insurance cards, referrals, and capturing recently-signed ink documents.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
RichUrm wrote:Yes I have! My PCP's office uses this or another very similar product all the time at their front desk. Doesn't that shoot down your whole argument? :^)

I'm with you on this one.

coolbiker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coolbiker

This price doesn't seem good for refurbished . I think my local office depot sells new for about the same on woot even though amazon's gutting you for 150 more for their new.

seccat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seccat

DOA .... DEAD ON ARRIVAL.
40% of the document is darker than the other. Probably a busted lamp.

Ironically box is labelled "Certified like New Product".

Let's see how WOOT is on their returns.

PS: Really wanted to go paperless, and get rid of the clutter in my household.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

seccat wrote:DOA .... DEAD ON ARRIVAL.
40% of the document is darker than the other. Probably a busted lamp.

Ironically box is labelled "Certified like New Product".

Let's see how WOOT is on their returns.

PS: Really wanted to go paperless, and get rid of the clutter in my household.

Sorry to hear that your order arrived DOA. Have you contacted Neat Support? They're usually very helpful with resolving issues like this.

If they prove unhelpful, we recommend that you email into service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

tiedyejeremy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiedyejeremy
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that your order arrived DOA. Have you contacted Neat Support? They're usually very helpful with resolving issues like this.

If they prove unhelpful, we recommend that you email into service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Mine won't scan at all. No paper movement. I contacted neat and they haven't responded at all. Thank goodness for Woot. You're next.

tiedyejeremy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiedyejeremy
tiedyejeremy wrote:Mine won't scan at all. No paper movement. I contacted neat and they haven't responded at all. Thank goodness for Woot. You're next.

i hit post, and my email notification went off. Neato auto-response (to yesterdays support request) instructs me to call.

maybe woot gets lucky.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

tiedyejeremy wrote:i hit post, and my email notification went off. Neato auto-response (to yesterdays support request) instructs me to call.

maybe woot gets lucky.

my grandfather always said, "i'd rather be lucky than smart!"

anyway, sorry you have had trouble with neato. if you haven't already, shoot an email to service@woot.com!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

srstutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srstutz
danwat1234 wrote:A waste of money. Just buy a reliable all-in-one printer/copier/scanner/faxer and use good free OCR software to convert text on pages to ASCII text and to organize the scans.

I have to agree wholeheartedly. I can't even get mine to work at all!!!!!!

Ross Stutts

mgbillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgbillow

Why anyone got sucked into this thing baffles me... I have a Canon P-215 and love it.