PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Batman7470 wrote:But they make the coolest adaptors! I hear this year they are going to put the headphone jack on the bottom (moves fist from head in an exploding manor with sound effects)

where is this exploding manor? is it haunted??

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

iamspoli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iamspoli

I own this and paid $250 shipped about 6 months ago. I really like it and think its worth it.

This system is not BOSE, but for the price on woot, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sound quality is 8/10 but I am not an audiophile.

I tested this in store before buying and was happy with the purchase. At $120, I would have been SO HAPPY

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape
molex wrote:Seriously, do you people work in coordinated shifts across the globe so you can always be in the first 5 comments about ANY product that isn't iphone 5 compatibile? You don't have ANYTHING better to do with your time????

No exactly - just trying to help one another out. And I don't even have an iPhone. In this case, it's the first thing I looked for - I need to know if my dad's new pre-ordered Nano will dock (which to won't).

heggs83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heggs83
iamspoli wrote:I own this and paid $250 shipped about 6 months ago. I really like it and think its worth it.

This system is not BOSE, but for the price on woot, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sound quality is 8/10 but I am not an audiophile.

I tested this in store before buying and was happy with the purchase. At $120, I would have been SO HAPPY

Comparing these to BOSE doesn't mean a whole lot. BOSE is crap and anyone who buys BOSE is getting severely ripped off. They don't even publish their specifications...on anything. For the price of any BOSE system, you can get something much better, with better components, from a company that publishes the specifications.

I digress. In regards to this particular audio system, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Some comments:
The frequency range is a little limited. I can understand the lower range of 100 Hz, considering the 3.6" driver (that actually might be a little generous, especially in a cabinet like this), but it's sad that it can't reach 20kHz. They should have went with proper tweeters instead of 1.9" speakers (such a strange size). That's probably why it can only hit 10 kHz. I don't think Sony put any serious effort into this design and was probably trying to keep costs down. As a basic entry level system, this will probably suffice.

molex

quality posts: 7 Private Messages molex
logicape wrote:No(t) exactly - just trying to help one another out.

Absolutely pure unfiltered, unadulterated horse S right there.

Posting "30 pin dock connector? that's so 2011" is in no way of any kind an attempt to "help one another out". It is, just as it *always* is, some frustrated wannabe tech dork trying to be the cool kid in the thread by relating some piece of information that's already well known by anyone who would buy this thing in the first place, and is *always* a veiled (or more often unveiled and obvious) jab at Apple the the people who buy apple products.

I just think it's hilarious that every time anything iphone related comes up on Woot right now somebody has to post the basement-dweller version of "First" by stating "not compatible with the iphone 5". If you listen closely you can hear the sweat hitting the keyboard as they rush to post... "Gawd I hope I get in before someone else does, come on come on why don't I have T1 so people can marvel at my knowledge even faster!!!!"

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

iDon't have an iPhone.

iDon't have an iPod.

Therefore, iDon't want this.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

spacewill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacewill
molex wrote:Absolutely pure unfiltered, unadulterated horse S right there.

Posting "30 pin dock connector? that's so 2011" is in no way of any kind an attempt to "help one another out". It is, just as it *always* is, some frustrated wannabe tech dork trying to be the cool kid in the thread by relating some piece of information that's already well known by anyone who would buy this thing in the first place, and is *always* a veiled (or more often unveiled and obvious) jab at Apple the the people who buy apple products.

I just think it's hilarious that every time anything iphone related comes up on Woot right now somebody has to post the basement-dweller version of "First" by stating "not compatible with the iphone 5". If you listen closely you can hear the sweat hitting the keyboard as they rush to post... "Gawd I hope I get in before someone else does, come on come on why don't I have T1 so people can marvel at my knowledge even faster!!!!"

Angry much? And yes you are probably right that many people may do it just to knock Apple, but in reality nothing they say is false as far as compatibility. And most of the time it's gauranteed that someone without extensive knowledge will eventually ask so why not just put it up front. But to each their own.

desterado

quality posts: 3 Private Messages desterado

I have the 300ip model which is a smaller version of this with bluetooth. Works great, sure it's not the "best sounding" thing ever, but I mean if you wanna listen to music wherever you are it works great.

Someone said they had this model here and it has a battery, that is incorrect. the 500ip doesn't have a battery. This model also doesn't have bluetooth.

I'd recommend this though, I bought the 300ip for work and use the bluetooth so my phone never leaves my pocket. Sound on that is decent, can't imagine this is any worse.

golncor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages golncor

I want android speakers.. the I-game has run its course..

kaatochacha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaatochacha

I just was in a sony shop today looking for an ipod speaker system, listened to this thing, and it sounds phenomenal! Really impressed with it.
I don't know about the specs, but the amount of sound ( high and low) coming out was amazing!
PS: I'm not a shill. of course, if I was a shill I'd say the same.

Bacondoggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bacondoggy
BetterThanTheRest wrote:Anyone else tired of the garbage we're seeing on woot nowadays?

Its Amazon's fault as they own woot now

logicape

quality posts: 3 Private Messages logicape
molex wrote:Absolutely pure unfiltered, unadulterated horse S right there.

Though it IS a dig (and doesn't Apple deserve it?), it DOES help some, less-educated folks. I just turned my dad onto Woot, and while he may not exactly understand what a 30-pin connector is, at least a post like that will inspire him to find out (that everything Apple isn't quite perfect).

jbarnes85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbarnes85
rlabell73 wrote:I have this model and it has a rechargable battery that last quite a while. I used it all summer by the pool.

You are terribly mistaken. This model does not have a battery other than the tiny one that comes in the remote. It's not any more portable than an AC outlet is.