• 30.7% - New York! 685
  • 3.3% - Connecticut! 73
  • 25.7% - Chicago! 573
  • 3.5% - St. Louis! 77
  • 14.6% - My kitchen! 326
  • 6.9% - The freezer! 154
  • 15.3% - Somewhere else! 342
2230 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

Stuffed!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Zeus himself.

Or should I say Jupiter?

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri
curtisuxor wrote:Zeus himself.

Or should I say Jupiter?

So I'm guessing it would have Feta cheese on it?¿

mebekili

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mebekili

Anyone who doesn't answer "New York" simply hasn't had good New York Pizza!

Miquela

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miquela

Napoli, Italy, closely followed by anywhere in Sicily.

mcarmack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcarmack

DETROIT:
Three major brands were founded there, & there has to be another 5-10 regional chains & all the local mom & pop's....

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz

St. Louis. Very thin crust, Provel cheese. The best and I live in Chicago but can't stand Chicago pizza, especially that deep dish junk.

Nick

Revolt4Fun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Revolt4Fun

CT is New York pizza with better quality ingredients. Nuff said.

harrylives7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harrylives7

Sorry, peeps, the best pie in my sky is made in Chi-Town at Gino's East in Old Town. Deep dish is all you need to know, guys. Hope I never need to, but I would request this as my last meal...it's that good!

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

Had pizza from a lot of places, best still has to be my own, why? Cus I make it how I, just me likes it.

No one else likes it. :x

shoulda2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoulda2

My job has me traveling from NYC to Chicago every other week, I can say I have had extensive sampling venues. (also pretty un-biased never living in either city or even those states)

NYC = Rays (multiple sites), Lucali, de fara, and so many of the $5 for a slice and a coke places in a pinch I can't count them.

Chicago = Gino's east, Giordanos, lou malnatis, etc etc..

The best pizza is from Chicago.. NYC might win the poll due to the vastly home town advantage with the population. Is there a way to see the poll and where the results are coming in from?

The thing I see NYC is the swanky pizza places are putting weird combos together like carrot + apple pizza smothered in some weird stuff I have not idea what it is and critics rave about.

Chicago focuses on the sauce / cheese and how it's cooked, and avoids coming up with wacky combinations for creativity. I appreciate this like I appreciate a good steak that you don't have to dress up..

ckalid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckalid

Oh please... You really need to ask?

CK

KHawk82880

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KHawk82880

Ignazio's under the Brooklyn bridge is hands down the best pizza in the country!

nelsontrek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelsontrek

How about from any city with a Domino's pizza!!! :P

bigyoda20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigyoda20

Best pizza from NY? Are they allowed to have pizza in NY? Pizza is kind of fattening. Well maybe they can have it if it's not a large pizza, you know more than 16oz.
All HAIL BLOOMBERG!

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

Little Caesars

maddog088

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maddog088
mebekili wrote:Anyone who doesn't answer "New York" simply hasn't had good New York Pizza!

I've had supposedly the "best" NY pizza. It was ok, a little greasy. Chicago is tops, and I'm not talking deep dish. Chicago thin is the best.

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

Nicolosies Pizza in forks twp, PA.

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

hopmedic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hopmedic

Oh, how I wish I could find a Geno's East or a Uno in the Atlanta area.... What my taste buds wouldn't do for a good Chicago style pizza.....

Gravemaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gravemaker

The Squire in West Dundee, IL. best pizza ever.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

Uh... Italy.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7
a04971xx wrote:Little Caesars

You've got to be kidding. I prefer cardboard to LC.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

Chicago. Stuffed is good, but you really have to be in the mood for it. I prefer a good thin-crust, cut into squares. No big, floppy, folded-over triangles!

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

Anywhere with a Mellow Mushroom

ktkhujo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktkhujo

There is an amazing pizza place in Colorado Springs called Fargos Pizza and its hands down the best pizza. They also have that old school parlor thing going on too which is an awesome pizza-eating atmosphere.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

The New York vs. Chicago debate can be summed up in one word: Crust.

New York pizza crust is made from a recipe similar to Italian bread dough. Chicago pizza crust is made from a recipe similar to biscuit dough.

It's a matter of personal preference, but to me biscuits call for grits and gravy, not tomato sauce and cheese.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
hopmedic wrote:Oh, how I wish I could find a Geno's East or a Uno in the Atlanta area.... What my taste buds wouldn't do for a good Chicago style pizza.....

When I go to Uno I order a hamburger.

krakinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krakinboy

The wife won't let me order take-out pizza anymore. Not since I started making it from scratch. I make the dough the day before, and cook it in a 475 dgree oven on a well seasoned stone. found a thin pizza peel at the local restaurant supply, so getting them in and out is a breeze, even with a super thin crust.
And my own personal touch is a brushing of garlic butter around the edge just after it goes in. Yummy...

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

Wooster Street in New haven Connecticut is the pizza center of America.

No sales, no specials, no coupons and no beer yet people will stand in the snow, rain or heat to get into these places. I have walked into a lot of pizza places in NYC and gotten a slice or even a pie, and I will tell you that I would never wait longer for a NYC pizza than it takes to cook one. If there is a line I will go some place else.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

Papa Del's (thin) in Champaign, IL is my favorite pizza. Also love Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs, CO for thick crust 'mountain pies'.

Chi-town vs New Yawk is small sauce.

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

Ouch, not a lot of provel fans here, huh?

Sports, don't care. Politics, bite me. Pizza, though, pizza is dear to my heart. GO IMO's!!

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

carlk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlk
sunnyx0r wrote:Uh... Italy.

The first right answer. There's a great place down the road from the Ducati factory in Bologna.
But then, Italy is also the home of the worst pizza I ever had, down near San Marino. 2 bites and the rest in the garbage. Otherwise, I'll vote for Connecticut. :-)

mikeofla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikeofla

Look, Los Angeles has some AMAZING Pizza, some of the best I've ever had(and i've been to NYC and Boston)... But ITALY... That's the best. I've never had Pizza as fresh and amazing as when I spent a week in Italy.

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan
Miquela wrote:Napoli, Italy, closely followed by anywhere in Sicily.

What you said!

jaymanmsu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu

Somewhere close by. Pizza from any of those places mentioned would be cold and nasty by the time they got to my house.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
mcarmack wrote:DETROIT:
Three major brands were founded there, & there has to be another 5-10 regional chains & all the local mom & pop's....

BUDDY'S!!!!!!!!!!!

janse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janse

Portland, OR... best vegan pizza to be had. (Yes, I used vegan and pizza in the same sentence.)

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom
ktkhujo wrote:There is an amazing pizza place in Colorado Springs called Fargos Pizza and its hands down the best pizza. They also have that old school parlor thing going on too which is an awesome pizza-eating atmosphere.

I've eaten at Fargo's. I don't remember the pizza being anything special at all. Never went back. The atmosphere was ok, but it was no Organ Grinder.

humanimal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humanimal

Old Forge, PA