hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

My favorite pizza comes from Manny's in Savanna, IL.

bgrier777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgrier777

Lou Malnati's in Chicago is the best!

antvolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antvolt
Symbolic2007 wrote:Ouch, not a lot of provel fans here, huh?

Sports, don't care. Politics, bite me. Pizza, though, pizza is dear to my heart. GO IMO's!!

When I moved to St. Louis, I was told I had to try pizza with provel. I tried. Not a fan.

hamjamiam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamjamiam

I've been to New York. I've been to ITALY!!! The best pie came from BOSTON!!! I just can't remember the name of the place.

Bluezfan22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluezfan22
Symbolic2007 wrote:Ouch, not a lot of provel fans here, huh?

Sports, don't care. Politics, bite me. Pizza, though, pizza is dear to my heart. GO IMO's!!

As a St.Louis native I HAVE to say that anyone who has Imo's and doesn't like it is crazy. Personally I LOVE Talayna's. I only get to St. Louis once or twice a year any more, but the first stop is ALWAYS Imo's for that one of a kind pizza.

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev
bblhed wrote:Wooster Street in New haven Connecticut is the pizza center of America.

No sales, no specials, no coupons and no beer yet people will stand in the snow, rain or heat to get into these places. I have walked into a lot of pizza places in NYC and gotten a slice or even a pie, and I will tell you that I would never wait longer for a NYC pizza than it takes to cook one. If there is a line I will go some place else.

Which pizza place on Wooster are you going to? Pepe's has beer, but I'm not so sure about Sally's.

Besides, you should go to Modern a few blocks away. Shorter lines!

ckalid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckalid
bigyoda20 wrote:Best pizza from NY? Are they allowed to have pizza in NY? Pizza is kind of fattening. Well maybe they can have it if it's not a large pizza, you know more than 16oz.
All HAIL BLOOMBERG!

,( `-.
,': `. `.
,` * `-. \
,' ` :+ = `. `.
,~ (o): ., `. `.
,' ; : ,(__) x;`. ;
,' :' itz ; ; ; _,-'
.'O ; = _' C ; ;'_,_ ;
,; _; ` : ;'_,-' i'
,` `;(_) 0 ; ',' :
.';6 ; ' ,-'~
,' Q ,& ;',-.'
,( :` ; _,-'~ ;
,~.`c _','
.';^_,-' ~
,'_;-''
,,~
i'
:

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

People are entitled to prefer "Chicago-style pizza" to real pizza the same way they're within their rights to prefer "Astronaut ice cream" to actual ice cream. Your tastes are personal.

But your tastes don't make "Chicago-style" better pizza -- or even pizza at all, if the term is supposed to have some meaning.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 40 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

matthew wrote:People are entitled to prefer "Chicago-style pizza" to real pizza the same way they're within their rights to prefer "Astronaut ice cream" to actual ice cream. Your tastes are personal.

But your tastes don't make "Chicago-style" better pizza -- or even pizza at all, if the term is supposed to have some meaning.

my dad says "chicago-style" pizza is actually casserole.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

NavyStore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NavyStore

I've been all over the world during my Navy career. The best tasting style of pizza, IMHO, is Chicago - and the only place for original deep-dish pizza is Pizzeria Uno's on Ohio Street in Chicago. NY style has great, huge slices, but Uno's is the only pizza that actually makes my mouth water!

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

Hold it,hold it,what about Boston ! Santarpios East Boston or Regina's Pizzeria(since 1926) in Boston's North End or Bianchi's on famous Revere Beach.

Sillywilly916

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sillywilly916

Thank you to the ~60 CT residents who know where the best pizza is found. If anyone outside of CT voted for CT, spread the word! All hail Pepe's, Sally's, and Modern!

mattmang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattmang

Even the cheapo 99 cent pizza joints that are popular here in New York as of late are better than anything I've ever had in Boston.

THE best slice hands down is the Sicilian from L&B Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. Brooklynites have been enjoying this place for generations now, and it's just far enough into Brooklyn that the huge lines of tourists don't overwhelm it like every other well-known pizza spot in Brooklyn. Definitely worth the trip, and it's not far from Coney Island! Mandatory whenever anyone from out of town visits.

jaaayzhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaaayzhu

Italy?

lobstah24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lobstah24
mebekili wrote:Anyone who doesn't answer "New York" simply hasn't had good New York Pizza!

Amen.

L24

Tatts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tatts

Tacconelli's or Nomad's in Philly.

Worst pizza I have had in a long, long time was in Chicago last month at La Villa on Pulaski. Seriously, Yuck! And they cut the round pizza in rectangles rather than triangles. Just too weird.
I'm not saying that that's what all Chicago pizza is like, but ewwww!