vanuary

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanuary
duranki wrote:I'm confused. If I wanted to get a prescription pair of Gunnars, would I need to get my prescription info and order directly from Gunnars? Or could I take advantage of this deal, then submit my prescription info?

Also, it's been forever since I've been to an eye doctor. I just called my usual place, and they've never heard of Gunnars. Would they still be able to order them (just take more work on their part)?

Hi duranki. You can get your GUNNAR prescription a number of ways. If you wanted to take advantage of this WOOT special then you could place the order for your frame on here. Just make sure the frame you purchase is Rx-able. I go over the frames that are NOT Rx-able in this post: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5197524&pageindex=1&replycount=79#post5197731.

Once you have your GUNNAR frame, you have a couple of options.
1) You can look for an Rx-retailer on our website here http://www.gunnars.com/retailers/. Any Rx-retailer on our website should be able to accept your GUNNAR frame and put custom prescription lenses in it.
2) You can contact GUNNAR directly at rx@gunnars.com for instructions on how to submit the frame you've purchased from WOOT with your current prescription paperwork from your doctor. If you choose this method, make sure you ask your doctor to write down your PD (pupillary distance) since most docs don't include it on the actual prescription paperwork. Or you can always call your doctor back to retrieve this information (chances are, if the doctor measured you for glasses he has your pupillary distance). Any prescriptions processed by GUNNAR will go through Carl Zeiss Vision so you still get the best optics out there.
3) You can go into your own eye doctor. If your doctor is NOT a GUNNAR Rx retailer, then they will need to sign up for a GUNNAR account with Carl Zeiss Vision first. Carl Zeiss Vision is a 160 year old company that knows the best optics and we have partnered with them to be our exclusive Rx provider. Be warned, this process may take a couple of weeks if your doctor is not already signed up with Zeiss or does not have a GUNNAR account with Zeiss. So if you're not a patient person, I would not recommend this option.

vanuary

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanuary
bbexperience wrote:Any thoughts about using these for driving glasses?

Hi bbexperience. We don't recommend these for driving. Although they will reduce the glare from headlights, they are not made for far distance viewing. Everything we do at the computer or TV these days is at a close to near distance which is why GUNNARS were designed to help your eyes relax at these closer distances. Therefore, wearing GUNNARS while driving (far distance viewing) would be the opposite of what we are trying to accomplish here.

stoneatti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stoneatti
vanuary wrote:Hi duranki. You can get your GUNNAR prescription a number of ways. If you wanted to take advantage of this WOOT special then you could place the order for your frame on here. Just make sure the frame you purchase is Rx-able. I go over the frames that are NOT Rx-able in this post: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5197524&pageindex=1&replycount=79#post5197731.

You probably would have been better off just pointing everyone to the exact list of frames that are Rx compatible directly on the Gunnar website...

http://shop.gunnars.com/prescription-eyewear/l/800

After contacting Gunnar Rx, I was told that if a frame is not listed there then you are SOL getting Rx lenses for it.

uman44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uman44
vanuary wrote:Hi uman44. No the Halogen is the widest frame offered in this Woot sale. If you're looking for the widest frame in our entire collection, than it's the RPG Gunmetal Amber that has a hinge to hinge measurement of 140mm and bridge of 18mm.

Luckily I was able to use some l33t haxor skills and find these on the website (search "RPG") to find a section listed as "Hidden". So not sure these are exactly ready to be sold...

Parodius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Parodius

I own the MLG Legend model.

They're nice glasses and look pretty cool. But do note they are basically overpriced tinted glasses with some minor magnification (ie. reading glasses). If you want the same effect and don't care for the branding or look, just buy some low magnification reading glasses at CVS.

If you're like me and suffer from eye strain, soreness and dry eyes from sitting infront a computer these glasses can be a big help.

If you're looking at these glasses thinking they'll instantly turn you into some gamer. It won't happen. They do very little to improve your gaming unless you suffer from eye issues or fall asleep at the keyboard from sitting infront computer all day.

My only complaint is that the nose pieces are not adjustable. If you're like me and have a less pronounce nose bridge (ie. flat nose), the glasses won't sit properly on your face.

pwolf4620

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwolf4620

Does anyone know if these glasses let me go Gunnar Style?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Are these compatible with "Google Glass" technology?

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
pwolf4620 wrote:Does anyone know if these glasses let me go Gunnar Style?

Oppam Gunnar Style!

dlang123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dlang123

Just bought a pair, and got the bitsurfer. Wearing them right now, seem to actually help.. after a few minutes the screen kills my eyes when I take them off.. shifts all colors away from blue into the warmer shades.. maybe I should of just adjusted my monitor, can't imagine myself doing any photo editing with them, but coding, seems nice.

Now can't wait for some of the more normal looking frames to go back on sale so I can buy one for the office too.

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

Welp got mine today. Got the Bit Surfer, and well the magnification is very nice. I will be using these quite often and since i do alot of gaming and hoping to get a job in my field, which means 24/7 computer style...lol

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

gregsahnE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gregsahnE
molex wrote:"Gaming" glasses?

This is the definition of a solution in search of a problem.

Actually, I disagree completely. I got my pair yesterday and using them playing Borderlands 2 and on my computer today at work, I notice a HUGE difference. My eyes do not feel as dry and my screen images seem sharper. I'd recommend them.

Avi011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Avi011

I bought the Gunnar Optiks Stylus Advanced Computer/Gaming Eyewear.

The bolt holding the lens to the frame is defective and keeps loosening.

Anyone know how I go about resolving this?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Avi011 wrote:I bought the Gunnar Optiks Stylus Advanced Computer/Gaming Eyewear.

The bolt holding the lens to the frame is defective and keeps loosening.

Anyone know how I go about resolving this?

looks like you've got a 1 year warranty with Gunnar. you'll want to contact them about this issue.

if you run into any difficulty with Gunnar, do a little jig. then feel free to send an email to service@woot.com.

the jig is integral to the process.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.