3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum
$249.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Hurray!!! A Dyson!!! Only thing better is a Roomba!!!

(Shouldn't this be under home.woot ???)

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gholt121 wrote:Hurray!!! A Dyson!!! Only thing better is a Roomba!!!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

According to Dyson, the ball serves two purposes. It supposedly gives more freedom of movement but Consumer Reports has said that while it works, it's no better than some of their top rated non-ball vacuums. Dyson also claims that because the ball also houses the vacuum's components, there is a lower center of gravity which makes it more stable.

http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/ball/

motherlaura

quality posts: 8 Private Messages motherlaura

Finally! I feel like I've been waiting weeks for a Dyson ball to be on here again... Like the watched pot that never boils!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

previous woot:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5180340

same $249.99, several woots w/same price

from last time
The unofficial poll question:

How many people DON'T own a Dyson yet? I'll start--I'm one.

many woots, typically $249.99, and here's June woot, for example:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5036578

bye

sdc100

There are many rumors around the Internet that some carpet manufacturers void the warranty if you use a Dyson. Apparently, the beater bar is deemed too rough on the fibers. Despite the rumors, and the many testimonials from self-described carpet technicians, only one manufacturer specifically names Dyson as a violation to their warranty.

mhsteffano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhsteffano

I bought one last time and it came needing three new parts. Dyson customer service has been good so far and are shipping me the parts, but I haven't even been able to use my vac yet! Disappointing! Especially after dropping $250!

Michelle steffano

sdc100

motherlaura wrote:Finally! I feel like I've been waiting weeks for a Dyson ball to be on here again... Like the watched pot that never boils!

Pot? I think you meant to be posting on http://sellout.woot.com/.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mhsteffano wrote:I bought one last time and it came needing three new parts. Dyson customer service has been good so far and are shipping me the parts, but I haven't even been able to use my vac yet! Disappointing! Especially after dropping $250!

Sorry for the problems. I've heard Dyson support is quite good but if you have any problems feel free to contact service@woot.com for assistance.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

I keep hoping for a DC41....

flynmouth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flynmouth
mbus wrote:Glad it's just not me. Anybody else see the quality of the deals dissipating since the Amazon thing?

Absolutely. It has apparently become the Amazon dumping ground. No more bags of crap and a rapidly declining sense of snark.

stevet789

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevet789
icthulhu wrote:I keep hoping for a DC41....

And I keep hoping for a DC35.

titangears

quality posts: 9 Private Messages titangears

So Woot is now deleting comments they don't like. Fine. Sorry Woot. The fact that today's offering is a $250 vacuum means that it simply sucks more. When was the last time anyone saw a $25 Sansa for sale on Woot? Anyone?

Addicted to cycling and gadgets..

gludwick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gludwick
motherlaura wrote:Finally! I feel like I've been waiting weeks for a Dyson ball to be on here again... Like the watched pot that never boils!

Are you kidding?!?! There's a Dyson on here it seems like every other day. Since they're all refurb's, I've come to the conclusion that their manufacturing must be the worst ever to turn out so many machines that need to be returned and "fixed".
And from some notes here, even the refurb's come missing parts.
No thanks Dyson. I'll stick with something maybe not so trendy (and way overpriced), but a whole lot better made.

dirtworship

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dirtworship
sdc100 wrote:There are many rumors around the Internet that some carpet manufacturers void the warranty if you use a Dyson. Apparently, the beater bar is deemed too rough on the fibers. Despite the rumors, and the many testimonials from self-described carpet technicians, only one manufacturer specifically names Dyson as a violation to their warranty.

I bought this model a year or so ago from Woot. Love it. But now I live in a different rented place and I have snagged the carpet several times. I have to make sure that I'm not using the beater bar brush now, or carry a blue sharpie.

gerrif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gerrif

Does anyone know how to purchase the extended warranty? I don't see a link or directions. It seems like there should be some kind of link or something rather than just starting from scratch on Square Trade.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99
gludwick wrote:Are you kidding?!?! There's a Dyson on here it seems like every other day. Since they're all refurb's, I've come to the conclusion that their manufacturing must be the worst ever to turn out so many machines that need to be returned and "fixed".
No thanks Dyson. I'll stick with something maybe not so trendy (and way overpriced), but a whole lot better made.

Refurb does not necessarily mean it was broken. It can also be a return for a variety of reasons.

I have had this model for over a year now, and it's been fantastic. We have 2 dogs and it sucks up the fur like nothing else we've used, not to mention the normal dust, etc. We have a couple of rugs but primarily wood and tile, you can move from one to the other without changing any settings, easy to empty, the hose works great for furniture, etc. Love the Dyson!

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore

What? No Animal?

e

ThunderThighs

Staff

gerrif wrote:Does anyone know how to purchase the extended warranty? I don't see a link or directions. It seems like there should be some kind of link or something rather than just starting from scratch on Square Trade.

If you go to the details page, you'll see the link to SquareTrade at the bottom of the Features tab.

Of course, there are other companies as well out there.

whistler68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whistler68

Can we all just agree that this is the standard price for a Dyson Ball vacuum and that it doesn't deserve it's own WOOT page all by itself? What's tomorrow: BluScenes?!

ThunderThighs

Staff

everlore wrote:What? No Animal?

whistler68 wrote:Can we all just agree that this is the standard price for a Dyson Ball vacuum and that it doesn't deserve it's own WOOT page all by itself? What's tomorrow: BluScenes?!

Want to be a part of those decisions?

http://www.woot.com/jobs

gerrif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gerrif
ThunderThighs wrote:If you go to the details page, you'll see the link to SquareTrade at the bottom of the Features tab.

Of course, there are other companies as well out there.

I don't mean to be dense but when I hit that link it takes me to a 4 year old blog where Woot was pondering the use of extended warranties. Am I missing something? I appreciate your help. I'll probably buy as soon as I figure this out!

jjameson88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjameson88
gludwick wrote:Are you kidding?!?! There's a Dyson on here it seems like every other day. Since they're all refurb's, I've come to the conclusion that their manufacturing must be the worst ever to turn out so many machines that need to be returned and "fixed".

Refurbished doesn't mean that it was "broken." It just means it was returned for some reason or another. Or it could have been the display model, etc. I bought my Dyson a few years ago on Woot, refurbished. It is the greatest vacuum I've ever owned. We have three cats and nothing sucks up the hair like my Dyson. Almost three years later and it works like the first day I got it.

anyboatyourow

quality posts: 25 Private Messages anyboatyourow

You will likely have a problem with the brushbar switch.

If you're mechanically inclined, no problem... see the link below for an easy way to "fix" it by simply bypassing the switch.

http://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php/topic,607.msg2025.html

Chickaboo1962

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Chickaboo1962

I bought this vac refurbished from Woot less than a year ago. It worked great; definitely picks up the animal hair. However, one day after using the wand/hose on some furniture, I put it back in the handle and proceeded to use it as the upright vac but the wand/hose combination popped right out of the handle. Nothing would keep it secure. From a vac supply web site I ordered the little part that is supposed to lock the wand/hose in place ($1.25 for the part and $10 shipping!). Replaced the part and it STILL didn't work. Contacted Dyson and within a week they had sent a free replacement wand/hose with their deepest appologies for the problem (nice folks!). I should have contacted them in the first place. I don't know if this is a design flaw or I just got a funky vac. Anyway, when all is said and done I sold my Dyson for $100 and bought an LG cannister which I absolutely LOVE!

♫♫♫♫♫ Woot♪a♪licious ♫♫♫♫♫

Mtbjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mtbjoe

With all the new .woot.com sites popping up I've always wondered why there was never a vacuum.woot.com

Or better yet make the name cooler like vac.woot.com or suck.woot.com

Texas Tommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Texas Tommy

Beware Warranty

The Warranty is only 6 months! I bought one of these from Woot a few years ago and it broke a month after the warranty expired. A gear broke in the beater head, but Dyson doesn't sell individual replacement parts, even to dealers. I had to buy a whole new head that cost almost half what I paid for the whole vacuum. Total rip off (from Dyson). Never buy a vacuum cleaner without a full warranty.

molex

quality posts: 7 Private Messages molex
gholt121 wrote:Hurray!!! A Dyson!!! Only thing better is a Roomba!!!

Uhm.m.. you do understand that the roomba, like all robot vacuums, is not a replacement for an actual upright vacuum? The robot vacuums are great for daily surface cleaning, but to actually vacuum your carpet and get the gross crud out of it you still need a full-powered vacuum.

molex

quality posts: 7 Private Messages molex

I'm leery about the Dyson ball just because more moving parts means more stuff to break.

However, I can tell you that I bought one of the normal Dyson uprights something like 5 years ago and it works just as well now as the day I bought it, with no problems of any kind in the interim. I was reluctant to spend the dosh on it at the time because every other vacuum I'd ever owned lasted less than 2 years, but the Dyson has stood the test of time more than admirably.

To be honest, I'd buy one of these... if the Dyson I already have would ever break.

Griffin2020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Griffin2020
whatsamattaU wrote:previous woot:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5180340
The unofficial poll question:

How many people DON'T own a Dyson yet? I'll start--I'm one.

I do not have one, and do not intend to buy one. I have used one several times (my church had one, it stopped working, they bought another), and when I bought my vacuum, I looked at all of the models, and was underwhelmed.
To me, the Dyson feels flimsy and cheap, especially for the price. Were all of the internals and some of the structure metal instead of plastic, it would feel more sturdy. If I can flex the entire unit with one hand, how long is it really going to last?
For that reason I bought a Riccar.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Griffin2020 wrote:I do not have one, and do not intend to buy one. I have used one several times (my church had one, it stopped working, they bought another), and when I bought my vacuum, I looked at all of the models, and was underwhelmed.
To me, the Dyson feels flimsy and cheap, especially for the price. Were all of the internals and some of the structure metal instead of plastic, it would feel more sturdy. If I can flex the entire unit with one hand, how long is it really going to last?
For that reason I bought a Riccar.

I don't have a Dyson. Feel free to collapse in shock.

(I do however, have a vac which works fine, so I don't exactly need a Dyson at the moment, which explains much. They do seem like nice machines though.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

kjohnsonco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjohnsonco

I was a Dyson mocker. I admit it, when the ball first reared its ugly "head" I was one the first to mock this hideous ball technology. But I have drunk the coolaid, joined the cult, and am now recruting others (its all about the love). I absoutely love my Dyson DC25. Just a Note: J&R Rewards has the DC25 for $219 (w/free shipping)
Woot I thought you could do better.

paulw1128

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulw1128
kjohnsonco wrote: Just a Note: J&R Rewards has the DC25 for $219 (w/free shipping)
Woot I thought you could do better.

J&R have the DC24 @$219, not the DC25 (although I'm not sure of the difference...)

http://www.jr.com/dyson/pe/DYS_14549_hy_RB/

EDIT: This page Shows a comparison between the two.

wait - I did a quality post? When?!?

kjohnsonco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjohnsonco
paulw1128 wrote:J&R have the DC24 @$219, not the DC25 (although I'm not sure of the difference...)

http://www.jr.com/dyson/pe/DYS_14549_hy_RB/

Oops you are right...Sorry!

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah

I bought this on woot! a few years back and used it pretty regularly. It's a great vacuum. I've recently had an issue with the ball part of the unit. A piece popped off, but won't go back flush on the vacuum. Still works fine, it just makes a clicking sound.

downing9790

quality posts: 1 Private Messages downing9790
flynmouth wrote:Absolutely. It has apparently become the Amazon dumping ground. No more bags of crap and a rapidly declining sense of snark.

It ain't the old woot...miss the 2 for Tuesday's also. Props to the previous owners...hope they are happy in the Bahama's...LOL

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090

Look- basically Dyson thinks they are the "Apple" of vacuums. They think that they have the only design that works, that everything else sucks (probably sucks better in reality), and that need to price themselves way beyond what their true value actually is. Just like Apple, everyone comes to realize that they aren't the best design, they're over priced, and it's all Gangnam style. Not impressed.

motherlaura

quality posts: 8 Private Messages motherlaura

And that's what I thought as well - until the day that I decided I wanted a Dyson. A DC24 Upright Dyson to be exact. Yes, they're on here all the time - until you really want one. Then there's not one for a couple/few weeks.