lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
iissurf wrote:This one is good up to 300'

http://www.lifegear.com/glow-sticks/glowr-stick-waterproof.html

Alas, the ones currently offered by Woot are not.

only 300'? can't skuba dive to the titanic with it.

anyway, to make it waterproof, put it in ziplock bag or a balloon?

i see what looks like an o-ring. mebbe the button gets depressed at depth and don't pop back.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

I bought a green life gear flashlight (same as these) from our local store for $4.99 for ONE before we went camping last summer (2011). It was perfect for our daughter to use around the campsite, going to the bathroom at night etc, and it made a fantastic night light in the tent. I liked it so much I bought 2 more this summer and hung one from each corner of the shade house we put in front of our tent, over the cooking table. The glow part makes perfect ambient lighting at night without glaring into other peoples campsites, and you can just grab one and go when you need to head to the loo. We also had one hanging inside the tent. Just all around handy little guy. I am going to buy a set here and stash them around the house for winter power outages. This is a great deal.

Oh, and the flashlight portion of the original green one we bought over a year ago is just now getting dim and it was used all night for at least 10 nights camping over the summer, and has seen heavy use around the house. No worries on battery life here.

If you want one with a glow light bright enough to see anything by, get the orange. The purple glow is very dim and can't be used for actual light.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy
lwang wrote:

i see what looks like an o-ring. mebbe the button gets depressed at depth and don't pop back.

It might withstand some splashing or being dropped in the toilet or something, but the o-ring inside is not very burly and I would not trust it to work submerged longer than just an drop-and-grab incident.

mckeerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mckeerd

Bought these to take to gatherings of folks to expand the mind. They work great and even a year after I bought these they still crack and work fantastic and stay lit for over 18 hours. Really cheap and fun for any night time gathering or camping trip.

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.

yomart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yomart

But why can't I buy one of each? Order page only allows one or the other....bummer.

shortman

quality posts: 57 Private Messages shortman
yomart wrote:But why can't I buy one of each? Order page only allows one or the other....bummer.

Select quantity before you click buy.

mikegood2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikegood2

Just bought the orange and purple Life+Gear LED 4 packs.

This is funny because I just bought a green, blue and pink, to go along with my red one this weekend from Walmart! I looked for the orange but they didn't have any in stock. We used all of them to do some light painting with my 3 and 6 year old nieces. Was very impressed with how they turned out, considering it was the first time we tried it!

alanhwoot

quality posts: 39 Private Messages alanhwoot

All you can ship does work for multiple addresses. I've done this several times.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

alanhwoot wrote:All you can ship does work for multiple addresses. I've done this several times.

Oooh, good to know. Thank you!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

seanodbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanodbrown

Great product, but I bought these at Wal-mart a couple week ago for 2.99.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Couldn't help but think of Latrell's dance http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1397294/latrell-white-chicks.html from White Chicks when I saw this. Untz Untz Untz Untz

And don't forget you can make a rave toilet with them too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezWHPJPfo54

pfffft!

thomas998

quality posts: 22 Private Messages thomas998

A word of warning, dicard the chemical stick after you use it. My daughter kept some used ones and they leaked over time. The fluid inside has a nasty smell and will even ruin CDs because it will dissolve the plastic. Also ruined the wood finish on her dresser that they were sitting on.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

My cousins brought these when we went camping over the summer. They came in quite handy. Especially for my niece and nephew who liked to explore on the beach. They'd whistle to let us know how far they were.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

andrewtl wrote:Couldn't help but think of Latrell's dance http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1397294/latrell-white-chicks.html from White Chicks when I saw this. Untz Untz Untz Untz

And don't forget you can make a rave toilet with them too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezWHPJPfo54

I would like to point out that Woot! doesn't recommend putting glow sticks in the toilet to create a rather awesome night light. It can stop things up, you know.

I did find this cool thing though:

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

00typer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 00typer
shortman wrote:Select quantity before you click buy.

That works great for multiple of the same item. However, like the previous poster I wanted 2 different items. (1 pack of Life Gear and 1 pack of 24 glowsticks). I ended up paying shipping for both.

kgallo23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgallo23
00typer wrote:That works great for multiple of the same item. However, like the previous poster I wanted 2 different items. (1 pack of Life Gear and 1 pack of 24 glowsticks). I ended up paying shipping for both.

Really? I had no problems ordering 2 of one product and 1 of the other, and all combined with one shipping charge. I just selected Quantity of 3, and it gave me the opportunity to select each of the 3 items differently. Still $5.00 for shipping.

McDicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McDicker
traquy wrote:
If you want one with a glow light bright enough to see anything by, get the orange. The purple glow is very dim and can't be used for actual light.

Thanks for the tip on the purple ones. We purchased one about a year ago (a purple lifegear, from a different store) and found the glow stick portion to be very dim. I thought it was just ours, and was planning to order a 4-pack of them, but that might be an issue with all of the purple. Orange it is!

Thanks again!

McD.

jamina1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jamina1

The glowsticks were a big hit last halloween. If I wasn't going to be on my honeymoon this year, I'd buy more!

I purchased 3 orders and ran out in under 2 hours, so if you're going to give these away make sure to stock up!

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

angelsgirl2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelsgirl2002

For all those fun raves your 4-year old will want to have while trick-or-treating!

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

will the whistle make oompa loompas appear?

acw114

quality posts: 8 Private Messages acw114

Shame there is such a huge increase in price for the little glow sticks. I know I bought a 24 pack of these from Woot for 2.99 before.

NemoMac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NemoMac

Thanks Woot, for bringing back the lanyard glowsticks! These made my house the coolest trick-or-treat destination last year and will ensure I keep my reputation :-D

"When life hands you lemons, look around for a bottle of tequila and a shaker of salt!"

srschnee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srschnee

Is there any way to order any more than three items and get them to ship for the $5.00? I need 75 items for my sons preschool Halloween party and would love to get the glow sticks but 24+24+24 falls a little short of 75!

criticalmaas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages criticalmaas
srschnee wrote:Is there any way to order any more than three items and get them to ship for the $5.00? I need 75 items for my sons preschool Halloween party and would love to get the glow sticks but 24+24+24 falls a little short of 75!

can't you just by 3 more at the dollar store? you'd still be saving money...

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
srschnee wrote:Is there any way to order any more than three items and get them to ship for the $5.00? I need 75 items for my sons preschool Halloween party and would love to get the glow sticks but 24+24+24 falls a little short of 75!

I would recommend going to any dollar store in your area and picking up 3 extra....

chiefski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiefski
apocryphea wrote:Does anyone know if this is usable for scuba diving? (Depth rating, etc)

Have used the chemical type down to 80 feet in the past; can't speak for the LED models.

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn

One of the LED lights goes for $4.99 at our local grocery store, so it's a good deal. They work pretty well too, and my daughter like the pink one.

They supposedly will provide free batteries as well (but you have to pay shipping).

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
00typer wrote:That works great for multiple of the same item. However, like the previous poster I wanted 2 different items. (1 pack of Life Gear and 1 pack of 24 glowsticks). I ended up paying shipping for both.

I had no problem.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast

The neighborhood kids will be happy on Halloween! They are getting glow sticks! The clown car with about 40 kids that comes to our neighborhood will be getting the cheap stuff. (The dollar store candy that nobody eats.....)

yesmyok

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yesmyok

These are pretty good. I bought something like these at home depot years ago for 4.99 each. It took my kids 2-3 years to destroy all but 1 of them. They are pretty sturdy and lots of fun. I never tried the replacement battery program. The rubber switch broke before batteries ran out. But I was able to take it apart an fix it. Still have all but 1 which was lost.

I also bought these glow sticks on woot a while back. They will last through the night but I don't think they are as bright as others I've used in the past. Also, it seems that in each 2 pack there is 1 that doesn't glow as bright as the other. Had to give each kid 2 instead of 1 each (due to the 'hers is brighter'). Enjoy

tpsully1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tpsully1

Does it come with some E?

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

If you disassemble the led flashlight, the bottom part with the whistle (straw) can be used to turn just about any puncturable container of liquid into a juice box. Like a grapefruit, a can of beer, or the neck of your victim.

amillen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amillen

Looks like some good reviews, only negatives are dead batteries and a hard to push button on one. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Gear-Glow-Stick-Flashlight/product-reviews/B004FKMFHW/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_see_all_top?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

my92gt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages my92gt

These will be the perfect accessory for the Glow Run next month!!! Thanks woot!

msswank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msswank

Lightswitch rave. :D

fordman302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fordman302

in for 3

hanks35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hanks35

I just want to say that I bought 72 of the glow sticks for my niece turning 3 as a side gift to her real birthday present, and of all the people there and all the gifts received, her thank you to everyone at the party was "thank you everybody for getting me the glowsticks." <$20 trumped even the $100+ gifts.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
hanks35 wrote:I just want to say that I bought 72 of the glow sticks for my niece turning 3 as a side gift to her real birthday present, and of all the people there and all the gifts received, her thank you to everyone at the party was "thank you everybody for getting me the glowsticks." <$20 trumped even the $100+ gifts.

Awwww!

I'm just hanging out, really.

amillen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amillen

A word of caution, do not split open glow sticks. As fun as it sounds, there is a glass capsule in there (that is what you are breaking when you bend it) and I'm sure you Let the anvils ring! your kids playing with glass shards.

drcabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drcabe

woot missed an opportunity to cross promote glow sticks with pacifiers