gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

Hitting the dance floor Halloween night and passing these out to my fellow freaks. PARTY FREAKY!!!

In for 3 to share, share, share!!!

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

In for 3! (2 LED 4-packs and 1 glow stick 24-pack).

gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

3 sets of 24 to pass out on the dance floor. HALLOWEEN NIGHT! Be there!

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

Passed these out at Halloween last year, and I heard kids walk away saying that my house was the best house of the night!

In for 2!

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
seanodbrown wrote:Great product, but I bought these at Wal-mart a couple week ago for 2.99.

2.99 for each?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
Un0fficial wrote:Passed these out at Halloween last year, and I heard kids walk away saying that my house was the best house of the night!

I considered that. I also have friends who are teachers that I let know about it. They ordered them and are handing them out to students a week prior to Halloween with parental permission.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

dirtworship

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dirtworship

bought the glow sticks awhile ago from Woot. Used them camping this year. Came up with a great new game of night croquet. Tied some of the glow sticks together and had to fling them from wicket to wicket. Was able to get creative with the wicket placement...side of a tree, completely under a picnic table. The rule was that any one of the glow sticks in the bunch of five had to touch the wicket. Lots of fun!

amikins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amikins
idealreptiles wrote:FYI:
The whistle on the lifegear is hard and sharp! Too dangerous for our toddler running around when camping last year, so we taped the cap on it.
Still works great, really nice quality.
So for older kids, its a safe flashlight, SOS, glow stick, whistle and SHANK!
Seriously, this weapon means business.
The glow sticks are also great, we will get one of each tonight!

All good points to know, especially its shanking capibilities. just remember that you shank with a shiv. lol

rubish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rubish

$10 sure dosen't buy much these days!

hrheachafin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrheachafin

More Chinese crap? Uhm...no thanks, woot...

Golddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Golddess
amillen wrote:A word of caution, do not split open glow sticks. As fun as it sounds, there is a glass capsule in there (that is what you are breaking when you bend it) and I'm sure you Let the anvils ring! your kids playing with glass shards.

Er... "Let the anvils ring!"? Quoting your post, it would appear as if you actually wrote "do" followed by "not" followed by "want", and the woot censor decided to change that to "Let the anvils ring!", but why?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Golddess wrote:Er... "Let the anvils ring!"? Quoting your post, it would appear as if you actually wrote "do" followed by "not" followed by "want", and the woot censor decided to change that to "Let the anvils ring!", but why?

we like to mix it up now & then.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

nclucky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nclucky

I bought one of these from a big box home improvement store last winter for $4. It has been outstanding and I use it while I go running at night. My neighbors have told me that they saw me. Great product, mostly. I'm not sure if it really lasts for 200 hours. I would always run for under an hour and I only used it about 50 times before it started going dim.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
scapsinger wrote:In for 3! (2 LED 4-packs and 1 glow stick 24-pack).

I ordered the same this morning.

I plan to pass out glow bracelets, like we did last Halloween, but the glow sticks will make good spooky decorations. Thank you for the idea, Thunderthighs!

killvolume

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killvolume

We sell these at my work. The purple ones are not very bright. The orange ones are pretty cool though.

mikehunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikehunt

The product seems kind of pointless to me. Light sticks are good to keep in the car. Why is it good idea to attach one to a low power flashlight ?

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
hrheachafin wrote:More Chinese crap? Uhm...no thanks, woot...

You must not buy much if you're avoiding "Made in China" stuff

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
gusvonpooch wrote:You must not buy much if you're avoiding "Made in China" stuff

But he or she get to feel self-righteous, so it's worth it.

I wonder how he or she is posting comments here, since I don't think there's a phone or a computer without Chinese components in it.

givinupthefight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages givinupthefight

Gave these out with some cheap candy last Halloween. Kids loved it, parents loved being able to see the kids in the dark. Great hand out.

100 woots since 10/19/07
Last woot was on 5/3/12
-Giv

idwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idwin

I got a few boxes of these awhile back, not realizing they were little glow sticks. just used a few of them a few months ago during a night fish and they sucked. Didnt get very bright like they were old? I initially bought them for disaster prep but will have to look into other glow sticks. these suck

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
craigthom wrote:But he or she get to feel self-righteous, so it's worth it.

I wonder how he or she is posting comments here, since I don't think there's a phone or a computer without Chinese components in it.

Digital smoke signals?

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Between previous Woot-Offs and today's sale, I have enough 2-packs of glow sticks for the first 200 trick or treaters!

Woot!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

jamhide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamhide
mvsopen wrote:If you freeze the chemical glow sticks after you're done playing with them, you can get a day or two more use out of them.

This we usually do...to make it last for some more time!! ;-)

bongodingo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bongodingo

While I appreciate the quick shipping (now using amazon), I'm not sure I take comfort in the following:

Glow sticks ordered in January, 2012

$1.99/24 with printed date of 201102 and 201103

Glow sticks ordered in October, 2012

$4.99/24 with printed date of 201102 and 201103

If you are going to more than double the price, at least give us fresh ones.

Meh.

buphey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buphey

My nieces left a phone message with a song titled, "Lighting the Way Up!" They are 4 and 6.

spawnsharks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spawnsharks

I bought the orange buttery powered ones for my emergency or camping kit. The orange was a bit dim to light a tent at all... However, the lights are on either end of the battery pack, so I reversed it. Now its a nice white Goole, enough for ambient light in the tent, and the flashlight is orange and easy on the eyes for reading or map checking. The Halloween stickers also peel right off. After flipping the light over, i wish i had bought several more packs for my sons boy Scott troop.