greenlantern57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenlantern57

Billionaire. WHAT, don't judge!

Listening to the voices is calming. Except for Fernado, he pushes my buttons.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

greenlantern57 wrote:Billionaire. WHAT, don't judge!

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley
joebedford wrote:I ALSO concur. I think we have a crew.

And now it's a four man crew. When do we blast off?

Sallynla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sallynla

professional baseball player. Oh, wait, I can't do that because I'M A GIRL. Men of every race and religion can play, but not me. And this is our "National Pastime"? For whom?

Geode

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geode

I grew up and i AM a marine biologist.

-- "Science is a wonderful thing, if one doesn't have to earn one's living at it" - Einstein

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Okay, here it comes. The waterworks.

Y'see, when I was a kid, I had these ridiculous dreams. Big dreams. Not Hollywood dreams. Broadway dreams.

Lights, caked-on makeup, the voice of an elevated nightingale, the falling chandelier, the glamor, the stage.

I wanted it all.

I don't mean just the spotlight; that wasn't really my part to play in this magical kingdom. I knew my voice, intimately so. I knew that my calling lay in a different part of the theatre. Not that I didn't want to perform, I still wanted it with all my soul. But I couldn't.

No, the greater dream was to own the theatre like a puppetmaster, write the plays, and then walk amongst the talented actors on their turf, a castaway in the sea of talent.

Where are these dreams? Buried. Deep, deep beneath the stomped-upon earth, now covered in dandelions and sweetgrass.

Now I should bury them again, shouldn't I?

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan
rochonmethestel wrote:Where's the fun in growing up? ;-)

Got it in one!

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

My father always told me to be a lawyer or doctor and that he thought it was silly to get an English degree. Now I'm an unemployed writer but I still don't regret it! Sorry, dad.