WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kelty: Back in Pack

If you want to get somewhere, you can go alone. But if you want to have something when you get there, you've got to have a pack. We recommend that pack be on your back. And we recommend that backpack come from this sale. Also, consider a different color shirt tomorrow. Just a suggestion.
Kelty official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Lots of Kelty, a favorite brand around sport.woot! (Which is where you can find some reviews of these great items.)

We'd love for owners to chime in, below!

I'm just hanging out, really.

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cwolfpack3

Ok. Been thinking about getting a camp sink for some time, but still hooked on my three tub method of washing and sanitizing dishes, so we don't get hit with Big Foot's Revenge.

http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/cc3e6e03-1b87-4052-880d-ebc098ded5ca.png

I'm kinda turned off by Kelty's picture with what looks like a backwards-facing bottle of nail polish remover. Is it a subliminal suggestion to poison your camping mates? Why not just have a bottle of good ole camp soap or a travel-sized bottle of dish soap in the picture? Nail polish remover? Really?!!

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

Here's a link to a previous discussion on the Kelty Redstart backpack.

I'm in for one -- just trying to decide which color to order for my husband (Christmas gift).

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis

I love you woot!
And Kelty bags.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
omnitravis wrote:I love you woot!
And Kelty bags.

Yay!

I'm just hanging out, really.

JRRB

JRRB wrote:Here's a link to a previous discussion on the Kelty Redstart backpack.

I'm in for one -- just trying to decide which color to order for my husband (Christmas gift).

I just picked the Java color. I'm tempted to get the woman's version for myself, but I don't really need a new backpack. My Camelbak Sutra is still going strong. In case I change my mind.... Is the interior of the Redstart W the same as the men's version?

JRRB

cwolfpack3 wrote:Ok. Been thinking about getting a camp sink for some time, but still hooked on my three tub method of washing and sanitizing dishes, so we don't get hit with Big Foot's Revenge.

I'm kinda turned off by Kelty's picture with what looks like a backwards-facing bottle of nail polish remover. Is it a subliminal suggestion to poison your camping mates? Why not just have a bottle of good ole camp soap or a travel-sized bottle of dish soap in the picture? Nail polish remover? Really?!!

Perhaps it's supposed to be dish soap, not nail polish remover? It does look suspicious though. Perhaps you'll like this pic better:

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG

I have the Kelty camp sink. I have not used it yet, but I can tell you it is a very solidly constructed piece. It smashes down to about a quarter or a fifth of its full size. I plan on storing pots and dishes in it on the way to the woods, then as a dishwashing sink, obviously. $22 is a good price, especially if you're buying something else to split the shipping. They retail for $39.99 usually. I got mine for $25 shipped on Amazon. Best current Amazon deal is $30.99 shipped.

Have fun. :^)

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
JRRB wrote:I just picked the Java color. I'm tempted to get the woman's version for myself, but I don't really need a new backpack. My Camelbak Sutra is still going strong. In case I change my mind.... Is the interior of the Redstart W the same as the men's version?

Everything in the men's and women's styles are the same except for the colors and, in some cases on certain packs, the interior volumes (women's usually run a few liters smaller.) The women's are also supposed to be designed specifically for a woman's build so they ride better.

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod

just picked up kitchen sink, not only for its intended use, but also for picnics. looks like it will be good to keep stuff cool, like potato salad. fill with ice, set bowl in and no more wondering an hour or two into a picnic if you should take a chance.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cwolfpack3 wrote:Ok. Been thinking about getting a camp sink for some time, but still hooked on my three tub method of washing and sanitizing dishes, so we don't get hit with Big Foot's Revenge.

Good thing it's not included, huh? Looks like that last minute improvisation didn't work so well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

JRRB

sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Everything in the men's and women's styles are the same except for the colors and, in some cases on certain packs, the interior volumes (women's usually run a few liters smaller.) The women's are also supposed to be designed specifically for a woman's build so they ride better.

Helpful -- thank you!

cwells100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwells100

I have owned and used the Kelty Camp sink for a couple of years - great product. When not in use as a sink, it has ample space for our pots, pans, plates, bowls and utensils. Very handy for getting everything to the site. Works very well as a sink, too! Doesn't leak a drop, like the folding plastic contraptions so many camping supply places sell. Durable, easy to clean. In for another. One for Washing, One for Rinsing. Thank you, Woot!

takenforgranite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takenforgranite

So... I'm not a backpacker... and I ordered the Avocent30 before I found out it had no pockets.

but... What is the daisy chain for?

moby1213

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moby1213

I've been thinking of getting the camp sink for a while now, so finally caved. Can't wait to use it!

I already have the camp duffle (in black), and it surprisingly fits a ton of stuff. I currently keep my tent, sleeping bag, hatchet and a lot of other items in it. I'm not a fan of the blue color, but, at this price, I'm in for another one for my clothes and misc. items.

reddesertbrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reddesertbrat

I specifically came here to post the same thing!!! Glad someone else is as AR as myself!
REALLY, nail polish remover? You left your dishes sit THAT long before washing them? LOL

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

I was looking at that Redstart 23, so I checked out the reviews on Amazon. There are all of 2, one very favorable and one negative. One person is tall, and needs a longer pack (and so anticipates a perfect fit), and the other is not, and finds the straps impossible to adjust properly. Since I fall squarely into the short-person camp, I'll have to give this a pass.

shavelikeaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shavelikeaman
takenforgranite wrote:So... I'm not a backpacker... and I ordered the Avocent30 before I found out it had no pockets.

Daisy chains are just handy places to attach stuff to the outside of your pack.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Trivia Time

I sent your concerns about the photo of the camp sink with the nail polish remover to our Art Director. He reports that the photo came from our vendor. Just for you, he has skillfully removed it from the image so you no longer have to stare at that misplaced container.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
ThunderThighs wrote: Trivia Time

I sent your concerns about the photo of the camp sink with the nail polish remover to our Art Director. He reports that the photo came from our vendor. Just for you, he has skillfully removed it from the image so you no longer have to stare at that misplaced container.

lmao...now THAT'S commitment to the sell

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
ThunderThighs wrote: Trivia Time

I should have read ALL the comments before going back and doing a where's Waldo with the nail polish remover. I think a before and after image would be nice. ;)

ThunderThighs

Staff

wingedsurfgirl wrote:I should have read ALL the comments before going back and doing a where's Waldo with the nail polish remover. I think a before and after image would be nice. ;)

Top row, 2nd & 4th pics.

Reckon that's proof that we didn't shoot that pic. LOL.

FORUM MODERATOR

kakeyeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kakeyeck

Got my Shrike 32 Women's pack today. This is a serious backpack, and it's a little larger than I was expecting. It looks like it'll fit a ton of stuff. I love the big main pocket without losing space to a padded laptop sleeve. It does have the ability to hold a hydration bladder and the tube routes out the top through an overlapping slit. The straps and back on this pack look extremely padded.

If you're looking for an around town pack this one may be a touch on the large side. If you look at the rest of Kelty's line their full on camping backpacks start at the 40L volume so realize this one isn't far below that. I'm considering picking up the 23 to have it as a regular size, around town pack and setting this Shrike 32 aside for serious trips.

isralsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky

When did kelty get bought out? These seem mid grade, Kelty bags were high technology. Where is the emergency whistle on the center strap, what happened to the map pocket and enhanced removable straps? Water proof pockets?

maldito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maldito

Why hasn't my order for this bag shipped yet?
What could possibly be taking so long?

ThunderThighs

Staff

maldito wrote:Why hasn't my order for this bag shipped yet?
What could possibly be taking so long?

It does seem a tad long. Go ahead and email service@woot.com so they can look into it.

FORUM MODERATOR

mikemus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemus

I ordered mine on 10/12 and it still hasn't shipped. Woot CS keeps telling me it "should ship today."

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mikemus wrote:I ordered mine on 10/12 and it still hasn't shipped. Woot CS keeps telling me it "should ship today."

keep us posted. if you run into difficulty, i'll drop CS a line from my end.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

maldito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maldito

I've been told to wait by Friday, the latest, to receive tracking info.
But, I believe I've waited long enough. A 2-week lead time is PLENTY of time for this item to be processed AND delivered to me.

I needed this item by this Thursday since I'm going out of town on Friday morning.

mikemus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemus
PemberDucky wrote:keep us posted. if you run into difficulty, i'll drop CS a line from my end.

Still nothing and CS hasn't responded. If you could check into it on your end it would be much appreciated. Bought it for a trip I'm taking next week, so if it doesn't ship today, I'm going to have to cancel.

rubish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rubish
takenforgranite wrote:So... I'm not a backpacker... and I ordered the Avocent30 before I found out it had no pockets.

I think it's just to take up the slack, but if anyone out there still uses 35mm film it's great for holding those little film containers(regardless of what you choose to store in them).