Pazuzu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Pazuzu
charliecarroll wrote:I still have about a dozen Invicta's as they are certainly not very resalable. I have had issues with four and because of the known CS problems they went to the trash can.

1) You need to stop buying something that you hate so much...

2) You really need to stop buying $30 Invictas! Stick with the $300+ ones and you won't be having these issues.

3) What if it turns out that this does have the ISA 2331/103 movement inside? Isn't that 90% of a watch's quality right there? Would that make this watch about 90% as good (at least) as any other brand with that same movement (which is dozens of them, including some that you probably like)?? Between that, a decent look, good leather strap, and a low cost ($60 is great for a watch like that), doesn't that make this a GOOD WATCH?

sds1949

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sds1949

I have 10 Invictas thet are great. I can't find this model any other place so I assume Woot has done it again it's a great value. Just not my style. I like them 50mm and above

chiefski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiefski
fgarriel wrote:Is this where we continue our "Watches are redundant for anyone who grew up with a cell phone and are therefore only useful for old people" discussion?

So close to buying (again), but I'm hesitating because of the leather band. I'm way too forgetful to ever take it off before showering or swimming. And you know what they say about aging... your memory is the 2nd thing to go.

How did your "not redundant" cellphone fare the last time you took it swimming/SCUBA Diving with you?

copperweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copperweb

There service is bad. Search for Invicta watch company in Hollywood FL on the Better Business Bureau site here:
http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/watches-dealers/invicta-watch-company-of-america-in-hollywood-fl-27002445

They give them a "D" rating....

copperweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copperweb
Everbody wrote:I'm looking for a watch. Oh, there it is, my Casio solar powered, radio updated g-shock watch that's 10 years old.

I have one of these also and it has been my almost daily watch that whole time. Quality watch!

dobberdobber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dobberdobber

I bought one Invicta watch. Worst watch I have ever owned and the warranty is garbage. Have a Citizen and love it. My Invicta sits in a drawer to remind me never to get another one.

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
knowitall21 wrote:Is it just me or do these look EXACTLY like this Nautica watch?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049N5JUU?ref=endl_rd

Looks like a rebrand to me...

Your spot on! - Did you notice the "time" was exactly the same! -The date was different by 3 days

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
pturner3 wrote:Your spot on! - Did you notice the "time" was exactly the same!

Watches are typically displayed showing 10:10.

jaxx9960

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaxx9960
kurahee wrote:(long quote)

Thanks for this information - it is useful.

pturner3

Hello World - Nobody would create a Invicta knockoff. They are not that great. I own 4 Invicta watches.

charliecarroll wrote:It is very easy to support the claims of Woot that they do not sell knockoffs. First, I am quite certain Woot would not enter into that kind of practice and second but just as important, no one is going to tool up to manufacture an Invicta. There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of counterfeit watches out there. Although mostly made in China, they carry names of high dollar watches. Why would you tool up and make a counterfeit Invicta when you could, for the same cost make a counterfeit Rolex, Omega, of even a moderate end Sieko? Just like money counterfeiters make $20's and $50's. They certainly are not going through all the same steps to make $1's. So nobody is going to counterfeit an Invicta or any other low end watch.

pturner3

StanleyS wrote:Watches are typically displayed showing 10:10.

How do you explain the "second" hand time being exactly the same Stanley! -

gigantor1313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gigantor1313

I've noticed something over the years on Amazon and now Woot for the Invicta Watches. The 'Suggested' or 'starting' price is ALWAYS in the $700-1000 range and its ALWAYS put on sale for around $50-100 range. Why is that? Are the really being sold elsewhere for such a high price and these are really deep discounts? or is it a way to look at getting a good deal on a good looking watch?

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
pturner3 wrote:How do you explain the "second" hand time being exactly the same Stanley! -

Divine intervention?

Felton10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Felton10

Alwasy liked skin diver watches over the years. Had many including Bulova Acutron and Tag Heur. Even had a Invicta that looked like of Rolex Submariner which broke after a year of use.

Finally broke down and 9 years ago and bought a genuine Rolex Submariner for 3,750. Nine years later still doing strong and now selling new for 8k.

Wife had Rolex we bought for 1,200 and sold 15 years later for 1,100.
Not bad until we saw the place was trying to sell it for 2k.

tpferguson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpferguson

Invicta watches are a joke. Their entire marketing strategy is designed around deceiving the customer into thinking that they are getting a great deal on a watch that is really worth $600. The deception is that they never sell these for $600. Nobody in their right mind would spend that. But if they advertised it as a $60 watch for $60, people would realize it's not that great of a deal. Shame on Woot for featuring this crap, and double shame on them for giving credence to an "actual" price of $600.

PS - the new website design still sucks.

jcsabolt2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcsabolt2

Where is the watch made?

frebitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frebitz
mdrcoast wrote:I actually won an Invicta watch in a Big ol' Candy a while back and it has worked fine, It has a HUGE yellow face that covers my wrist and I get a lot of compliments on it. I have not had any of the issues described here, the only criticism is that the date window is so small you would have to be Steve Austin to read it. (Ha a 70's Reference!) The watch is fine, I have slammed it into door jams more times than I can remember with no damage. If you are looking for a watch, I would say go for it. You could also go to the local Walmart and get a 10 dollar watch (which I have a few sitting in a drawer) but this looks to be a decent watch. Maybe a good Christmas present for someone.

He He, "compliments".

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

we would have known this if the little rocket ship was on the front page

ThunderThighs wrote:We do not sell knockoffs.

Our Photo:

From the Invicta site:

From the Woot buyer: These were bought directly from the source. These are a new line from Invicta and we are the first to get to offer this model in the U.S. That's why you're having problems finding comparables from other sites and why the Invicta site shows a drawing of the watch rather than a photo.

that was fun while it lasted!

nmoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmoff
StanleyS wrote:You must be new here. Oh wait, you are!
"...their website shows it's legit." Funniest post yet, but it is still early!

Yes, there's no hiding that I'm definitely new to the Woot world. Could you give me some tips for how to utilize the site better?
All the best.

rmillera1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmillera1

I bought 3 Invicta watches as gifts for my sons a couple years ago and will never buy another one at any price. I returned 2 exchanged 2 of them for another brand and the other we tried and tried to get it to work, wasn't worth sending in for warranty. I replaced it with another brand.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

what was that woot? goofup? who else saw the wootoff? lol!

butteredpandorica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butteredpandorica
Figit090 wrote:what was that woot? goofup? who else saw the wootoff? lol!

I SAW THE WOOTOFF! I shoulda taken a pic. =(

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Well, that little detour was interesting.

dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago

Guess the woot off was a glitch, wonder if the winner of the coffin will still get it?

ambergurrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ambergurrl

That was craaay! At first I thought perhaps it had been a wootoff all day and somehow I was too braindead to have noticed...

toastedgoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toastedgoat

I did! haha

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Weirdness occurred, sorry about the confusion!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Figit090

dracodrago wrote:Guess the woot off was a glitch, wonder if the winner of the coffin will still get it?

Hhahahaha...ok woot moderators/admins. Who screwed up...?

hehehehehe

Somaone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Somaone

Curious about that, too...

zanchi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanchi

Awww, no woot-off!

rjheg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjheg

All I know is that there are too many of us with Woot Watchers on our work machines. Oh well, back to the grind for another hour.

tcanning

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcanning

Servers gonna crash tonight with everybody shooting for a $10 coffin at midnight.

tack2900

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tack2900
dracodrago wrote:Guess the woot off was a glitch, wonder if the winner of the coffin will still get it?

Hell of a deal. I went for it, but froze...

Figit090

inkycatz wrote:Weirdness occurred, sorry about the confusion!

You're telling me, who hit the button?

WAS IT YOU? *stares*

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak
Somaone wrote:Curious about that, too...

yeah I tried to buy that bacon coffin.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

shushine999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999

Not only SAW one, saw the bacon coffin again!!! There WAS a Woot-Off, I tell you!! There WAS!!! WHY won't anyone BELIEVE me???

rjheg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjheg
inkycatz wrote:Weirdness occurred, sorry about the confusion!

Fess up. Call out the dev who was logged in to the wrong box!

MorrisonHiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MorrisonHiker

I didn't really need a coffin...but for $10, it was such a deal! I tried but by the time I logged in, it was gone. :-(

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

darn, I missed the coffin, yet again..good thing I don't plan on dying soon

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

oh dear