Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
MorrisonHiker wrote:I didn't really need a coffin...but for $10, it was such a deal! I tried but by the time I logged in, it was gone. :-(

Was it seriously only $10? glitch within a glitch? that's insane

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

That would have been fun, a middle of the day impromptu Wootoff! Shades of Woot Happy Hour! Oh, well, back to work.........

Marrob

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Marrob

What was that woot off??? I saw two items, and now they are gone, lol!

"HEY TWITTER, TAKE THE SO CALLED KANYE WEST TWITTER DOWN NOW .... WHY? BECAUSE MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS LOUD!!!!!!!!!" - Kanye West

dagunk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dagunk909

I got all excited about getting the coffin now I'm afraid that it was too good to be true

butteredpandorica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butteredpandorica
Figit090 wrote:Was it seriously only $10? glitch within a glitch? that's insane

Legit $10

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

i like watches.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
PemberDucky wrote:i like watches.

are you here for the discussion on watches?

I'm just hanging out, really.

PaisanNYC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaisanNYC

I saw the tweet by woot about a wootoff, ran over here, and nothing?

mochajavaman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mochajavaman

i bought the coffin. we all know how that one ended...http://www.woot.com/offers/dream-cheeky-spider-man (order denied)

dagunk909

To clarify, I was the one who purchased the coffin, and I got all excited but now I'm not so sure.

Figit090

butteredpandorica wrote:Legit $10

HAHA. I wonder if anyone got through to the order and paid for it.

Perhaps this is a test of the emergency wootoff system? lol!

Seriously though, market research?

magicwuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magicwuff

Proof!

magicwuff

dagunk909 wrote:To clarify, I was the one who purchased the coffin, and I got all excited but now I'm not so sure.

Please keep us updated!

Figit090

inkycatz wrote:are you here for the discussion on watches?

LOL...now we know who did it. Somebody's drunk.

Figit090

magicwuff wrote:Proof!

HAHA, what's that 1000% off list price?

I'll take 3.

cardoors32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cardoors32

http://www.woot.com/offers/jds-bacon-coffin-1

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Sounds like we were all were seeing things when we thought we saw 3 items pop-up for a Woot-Off.

dagunk909

I will try. I'm refreshing my email like crazy. The order confirmation email came, but I'm nervously anticipating a follow up email. I have to leave work now to go to a thing, but I will update you all later on in the night.

scudamore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scudamore

stanishr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stanishr

Had a dream there was a woot off, then I woke up?

Hank

tombeaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tombeaman

hardlyclerkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hardlyclerkin

Saw the tweet for the wootoff clicked over to the site..

This is what ensued

cardoors32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cardoors32
stanishr wrote:Had a dream there was a woot off, then I woke up?

woot off inside of a woot
wootception

magicwuff

Figit090 wrote:HAHA, what's that 1000% off list price?

I'll take 3.

Just 100% off!

borntohunt

dagunk909 wrote:To clarify, I was the one who purchased the coffin, and I got all excited but now I'm not so sure.

Yep, I saw your user name appear in the forum discussion item for the Bacon Coffin as being the only one allowed to buy one for $10. Hope you like it & hope it's comfortable, but hope you don't need it.

Figit090

magicwuff wrote:Just 100% off!

ah, small font is hard to read.

magicwuff

Figit090 wrote:ah, small font is hard to read.

Here is a bigger picture, sorry about that!

http://i46.tinypic.com/143dlog.png

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

Note the 'asdf' in the lower left corner of the screen. It is either the 4 adjacent letters on the left middle row the keyboard or.....

Definition of asdf from Urban Dictionary:
Asdf just is. Do not question the almighty power of asdf
One such example, "asdf" converted into morse code is .- ... -.. ..-. If you take the .'s and convert them to 0's and take the -'s and convert them to 1's, you get the binary number of 010001000010, which is 1090 in decimal. The year 1090 just happens to be 2 years after Christodoulos of Patmos, supported by Emperor Alexius I Komnenos, founded the monastery of Saint John the Theologian on Patmos. Only *4* years after the year 1090 AD... The First Crusade (1095-99) captured Jerusalem; and the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem begins. Now because the Crusade on Jerusalem happened only a short time after the crucial year 1090, we can convert the letters ASDF into the ancient hebrew alphabet, and we get Aleph Vov Daled Samech (because of the differences in alphabets, these might not be accurate translations). We take the letters, and convert them into one word. Alephvovdaledsamech -- which converted phonetically sounds like "A lef volv da leads a mech". We can then read these sounds into words, and we get "A left Volvo does leads a mech." Going further, we get "A left Volvo does lead the mechanics", or "A left Volvo does lead the mechanical industry". We can then read into it, that a "left Volvo", obviously a car made in a country where you drive on the left side of the road, will one day lead the mechanical, or automobile industry. Ford Motors Inc. must have found out about this information before I could disclose it to you -- for they just bought Volvo. Ford is obviously trying to ...

HeiYoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages HeiYoo
ssratracer wrote:I share Charlies sentiments.
Being a member of various watch forums also, the mention of the "I" name will likely lead to a flame fest.
Got a problem with it? Call Rebecca, and send a $28 check along for a "warranty" repair and wait 3 months.(spoken from experience)

Sold them all, and got a 45% return.

Was your 45% return off the MSRP?

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
nmoff wrote: Could you give me some tips for how to utilize the site better?

Sure!
"Woot" means "deja vu" in some language (I forget which one), so you are NOT going insane if you see the same/similar Dyson/Roomba products being offered EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

asdf. What's it mean?

Ghorty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ghorty

StanleyS, do they have other products than Dyson/Roomba? I have not see a thing worth buying in months.

debraae

quality posts: 19 Private Messages debraae

Listen to the sound of my voice....you saw nothing! There is no Woot-off here.....Shhhhh *twirls Invicta watch* There was no Woot-off here!

Deb-er-do

PemberDucky

Staff

Figit090 wrote:

I'll take 3.

planning a "spree" of some kind...?

borntohunt

Not sure what Invicta Men's Watches have to do with that Woot-Off popping up for "J&D's Bacon Coffin", but it appears they really do exist.

Here's the product website:

https://www.facebook.com/BaconCoffins

"Food/Beverages
J&D's Bacon Coffins are for those who love bacon to death. If you or someone you know has recently lost a bacon-loving-loved-one or would like to make arrangements for your own eventual expiration, Bacon Coffins are available for $2,999.95"

jon98gn

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jon98gn

Will the coffin come with the dead intern who decided to hit all the wrong buttons on the CMS tool?

What does this button that says Emergency Woot Off mean? Intern hits button. Twitter account launches woot off message. Last item from major woot off initiated. Bacon Coffin is up. Intern panics and sees Detour button. Hits detour button and doesn't realize it's shirt detour. Panics again and seess emergency button. Hits emergency button and Spider-man button is pushed up. Intern is really flustered by now and hits the self-destruct button. Woot.com goes down until a manager can walk over and turn back on the watch.

Epilogue: Intern shipped with bacon coffin to undisclosed location.

\

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
Pazuzu wrote:1) You need to stop buying something that you hate so much...

2) You really need to stop buying $30 Invictas! Stick with the $300+ ones and you won't be having these issues.

3) What if it turns out that this does have the ISA 2331/103 movement inside? Isn't that 90% of a watch's quality right there? Would that make this watch about 90% as good (at least) as any other brand with that same movement (which is dozens of them, including some that you probably like)?? Between that, a decent look, good leather strap, and a low cost ($60 is great for a watch like that), doesn't that make this a GOOD WATCH?

Absolutely not. Your logic is based on flawed assmptions.

rockysgrrrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockysgrrrl
jon98gn wrote:Will the coffin come with the dead intern who decided to hit all the wrong buttons on the CMS tool?

What does this button that says Emergency Woot Off mean? Intern hits button. Twitter account launches woot off message. Last item from major woot off initiated. Bacon Coffin is up. Intern panics and sees Detour button. Hits detour button and doesn't realize it's shirt detour. Panics again and seess emergency button. Hits emergency button and Spider-man button is pushed up. Intern is really flustered by now and hits the self-destruct button. Woot.com goes down until a manager can walk over and turn back on the watch.

Epilogue: Intern shipped with bacon coffin to undisclosed location.

Genius!

PemberDucky

Staff

nmoff wrote:Yes, there's no hiding that I'm definitely new to the Woot world. Could you give me some tips for how to utilize the site better?
All the best.

welcome! here are some things to know:

1. from here on out, you're an expert on all things. doesn't matter if you actually have any extensive history in a given topic...you're officially superior to all.

2. we are desperate for attention. we like it when you discuss & engage. click all the tabs at the top of the page. come play in all the forums. buy all the bacon coffins, or dysons, or shirts, or wine, or whatever we're selling. buy it all NOW!!

3. we have some writers who sometimes say funny things here.

4. we also have this site for community-sourced deals. it's a little different over there.

5. it helps to be sardonic.

6. there's an FAQ page for you to ignore.

7. staff members (like me, but usually harder-working) are omnipresent. if you have questions or concerns about anything in the whole wide world, we'll always do what we can to address the issue.

8. seriously, don't take anything here seriously.

9. sometimes we have woot-offs. (not technically today.)
essentially we try to unload everything in stock onto you guys by lowering the price to some ridiculous level. we frequently sell our signature "bag of crap" during woot-offs. those things are popular. it gets pretty crazy when those are up.

10. i forgot what i was going to write here.

aycheung

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

i almost bought the coffin thinking it was a small container for bacon... little did i know the photo showed other wise so i opt'd NOT to buy it... what the heck am I going to do with a coffin ??????????? haha rediculous