borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

LukeDuff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LukeDuff
jon98gn wrote:Will the coffin come with the dead intern who decided to hit all the wrong buttons on the CMS tool?

What does this button that says Emergency Woot Off mean? Intern hits button. Twitter account launches woot off message. Last item from major woot off initiated. Bacon Coffin is up. Intern panics and sees Detour button. Hits detour button and doesn't realize it's shirt detour. Panics again and seess emergency button. Hits emergency button and Spider-man button is pushed up. Intern is really flustered by now and hits the self-destruct button. Woot.com goes down until a manager can walk over and turn back on the watch.

Epilogue: Intern shipped with bacon coffin to undisclosed location.

I wish it was an intern.

BC4L!

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
PemberDucky wrote:planning a "spree" of some kind...?

I like candy.

GinMan69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GinMan69

It is Mens watch, not Men's

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
GinMan69 wrote:It is Mens watch, not Men's

Both forms are used on the internet, so neither is probably correct.

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel
chiefski wrote:How did your "not redundant" cellphone fare the last time you took it swimming/SCUBA Diving with you?

I was clearly aligned with the Team Watch, not Team Phone.

tmurcheski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmurcheski
inkycatz wrote:are you here for the discussion on watches?

Stop trying to change the subject!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tmurcheski wrote:Stop trying to change the subject!

Well, I had to try.

I'm just hanging out, really.

nivramj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nivramj

Me too. It's a shame - the rosegold wind-up watch is quite an eyepiece, but it's busted. Now I'm haggling with their customer support. Sucks.

montyhall425 wrote:Not sure about this one. I bought that Invicta Divers watch they had up there which wasn't even two months ago. It's already stopped running.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

Never seen an Invicta that should have an MSRP of more than $99. Never seen one I'd buy at any price.
Whe you wear an Invicta, what does it say about you? It says you bought into marketing hype- you're a sucker.

Jon651

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jon651

Here's my two cents on Invicta watches. Remember, this is only my take on their brand and in the best Republican tradition will not be governed by those pesky fact-checkers (sorry for the political reference, but the VP candidate debate will be on shortly and I just couldn't help myself!).

Invicta does not make quality watches; they make watches that LOOK LIKE quality watches. This company started off many years ago as the numero uno maker of Rolex knock-offs and apparently when the appropriate regulatory agencies started cracking down all they did was put their name on the dial with no other significant changes. Same dial, same hands, same case and movement - just with their own name on it.

The vast majority of the components of this watch are Chinese. Only a very few (possibly even only one or two) are Swiss sourced. This is the difference between allowing a watch to bear the word "Swiss" on the dial as compared to the official moniker "Swiss Made", which this watch does not have.

The only real reason to purchase this (or any other Invicta) watch would be that you like how it looks. It is common Chinese quality and as such should provide average service. The best you could ask for is that someone sees this watch and mistakes it for something better before they see the name on the dial.

My advice if you want a technically advanced, reliable watch then spend a few extra bucks and purchase a Citizen Eco-Drive and get all the benefits of excellent Japanese watch quality with the added bonus of never having to replace the battery.

Again, just my two cents worth.

Cheers - Jon651

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

I think the quality of Invicta watches is one of the most debated topics in Watch Land.

stanishr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stanishr

Where da woot off

Hank

breaddrink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages breaddrink
hehthuryo wrote:I think the quality of Invicta watches is one of the most debated topics in Watch Land.

They seem to go about watch making in the same way that mattress companies go about mattress production, where they can produce exclusive watches in varying combinations of features to an extent that you can only buy certain watches at certain places and are so unable to price match, and also produce such an incredibly broad spectrum of styles and quality/prices that it's hard to know if what you're even buying is of any decent quality or not.
Some of the more expensive ones with MSRPs of 2000 dollars (that actually cost 300) do in fact say they are 'Swiss made'.

So, is it just like that Sealy king size arsecushion IV with squishtech bombastic technology material? And the reason why they can sell it to you at a guaranteed price is because the label doesn't match any other, anywhere else?

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

i noticed few people mentioned Citizen Eco-Drive. i had one for about 8 years maybe more, still works fine. all beat up and scratched up because i wore it daily no matter if i was working with metal or swimming etc. and i don't think i ever changed the battery either.

jeaton84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeaton84

I have an Invicta with a leather band. I also own a Redline (a brand similar to Invicta) and a Citizen Eco-drive. I paid $60 for my Invicta. It's a nice looking watch and keeps good time. As others have mentioned, you buy an Invicta watch because you like the way it looks. There will be small features missing from an Invicta that you would find on a Citizen or Seiko. For example, my Invicta does not have luminous hands. The leather band is actually nicer than I thought it would be. As for reliability, I've only had the Invicta for 8 months. My Citizen has been in the shop twice in 10 years. If you want to price check, worldofwatches.com has about every Invicta made. You will not find many at this low of a price.

mm9135

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mm9135

Invicta...sounds like a vintage Buick.

sams69z28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sams69z28

It is a knockoff. The band is different as well as the accent around the date. So bad, sorry to burst the bubble.

ThunderThighs wrote:We do not sell knockoffs.

Our Photo:

From the Invicta site:

From the Woot buyer: These were bought directly from the source. These are a new line from Invicta and we are the first to get to offer this model in the U.S. That's why you're having problems finding comparables from other sites and why the Invicta site shows a drawing of the watch rather than a photo.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
sams69z28 wrote:It is a knockoff. The band is different as well as the accent around the date. So bad, sorry to burst the bubble.

NOBODY is making a knockoff of a $60 watch.

dagunk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dagunk909

Update: It looks like my order for the bacon coffin has been cancelled. I thought maybe I had won something for the first time ever but it appears that it was too good to be true.

After the discussion I guess I sort of expected that the order would get cancelled, but deep down in my heart I was hoping woot would honor it. Oh well!

I sort of feel like I won the lottery (scratch off) then been told it was a fake ticket, heh!

EDIT - I didn't receive any notice of cancellation or explanation of what happened, so I can only expect it was just a goof and it doesn't need explanation.

ottoyamamoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ottoyamamoto

[quote postid="5200294" user="fgarriel"]Is this where we continue our "Watches are redundant for anyone who grew up with a cell phone and are therefore only useful for old people" discussion?

Not quite. A mobile phone is piss poor for taking pulses at work(I'm a nurse). This might be a good watch for that particular purpose.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
PemberDucky wrote:welcome! here are some things to know:

1. from here on out, you're an expert on all things. doesn't matter if you actually have any extensive history in a given topic...you're officially superior to all.

2. we are desperate for attention. we like it when you discuss & engage. click all the tabs at the top of the page. come play in all the forums. buy all the bacon coffins, or dysons, or shirts, or wine, or whatever we're selling. buy it all NOW!!

3. we have some writers who sometimes say funny things here.

4. we also have this site for community-sourced deals. it's a little different over there.

5. it helps to be sardonic.

6. there's an FAQ page for you to ignore.

7. staff members (like me, but usually harder-working) are omnipresent. if you have questions or concerns about anything in the whole wide world, we'll always do what we can to address the issue.

8. seriously, don't take anything here seriously.

9. sometimes we have woot-offs. (not technically today.)
essentially we try to unload everything in stock onto you guys by lowering the price to some ridiculous level. we frequently sell our signature "bag of crap" during woot-offs. those things are popular. it gets pretty crazy when those are up.

10. i forgot what i was going to write here.

1-4. Agree. 5. Thanks for the new word for the vocabulary. 6. is a backwards way of saying "read this."
7. Might be better if you were omniscient too,... scratch that.
8. Explains what I've been doing wrong all along.
9. The price is often the same, but sometimes lower. Woot often features previous sale items in smaller quantities during the woot-off, but will pull in some items that they may have never sold before. They also sell some items only seen during woot-offs (like "Todd's Dirt Seasoning"--use the custom search box above to look this up).
10. Doesn't matter, we're here for you.

11. Items you'll never see sold on Woot: Roombas/Neatos, Invicta watches (scratch that), Dysons, Apple accessory products, HP computers, Vizio TV's, Oomas, Neatdesk scanners, Vornado Fans, Little Giant ladders, Optoma projectors, Sling Box devices, screaming monkeys (go ahead and look it up), Centon data sticks, any tablets, Eye-Fi memory cards, Rokus, Razer headsets/mice, Uniden phones, Zmodo security cameras, Pyrex products, Altec Lansing speakers, JVC video cameras, Kodak digital cameras, Klipsch speakers, CyberPower products, etc.

12. The more comments there are, either the better the product or the more entertaining the flame war (dental cleaning pics and batteries seem to draw the comments like flies).

13. Ken Jennings actually pops up here weekly. See what you think about his Debunker column.

14. See my signature for other links of use.

15. Ignore all of the above, since I don't know what I'm talking about.

Bye. Sorry-went too far off topic.

me4sweetd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages me4sweetd
dagunk909 wrote:Update: It looks like my order for the bacon coffin has been cancelled. I thought maybe I had won something for the first time ever but it appears that it was too good to be true.

After the discussion I guess I sort of expected that the order would get cancelled, but deep down in my heart I was hoping woot would honor it. Oh well!

I sort of feel like I won the lottery (scratch off) then been told it was a fake ticket, heh!

EDIT - I didn't receive any notice of cancellation or explanation of what happened, so I can only expect it was just a goof and it doesn't need explanation.

They should send you a bag of crap so you atleast get something for being the first person to buy it and take the cancellation well.

Pazuzu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Pazuzu
dliidlii wrote:Absolutely not. Your logic is based on flawed assmptions.

Nope. The guts of a watch are why they have value or not. Isn't that why so many Invicta haters here keep mentioning Chinese this and Chinese that? The guts? See, the Chinese are perfectly capable of making a stainless steel shell that is just as good as any Rolex shell, since machining and polishing stainless steel is NOT the expensive or difficult part of making a watch. What is hard is making a good movement. So, if this has the SAME SWISS MADE movement as another, more "respected" watch, then it IS basically the same quality as that other watch.

Pazuzu

skrutinizr wrote:Never seen an Invicta that should have an MSRP of more than $99. Never seen one I'd buy at any price.
Whe you wear an Invicta, what does it say about you? It says you bought into marketing hype- you're a sucker.

You should look harder, since they make watches that range well over $1000 each. NOT MSRP, actual cost. They make watches with ETA 2894 movements, and with Valjoux 7750 movements, and with Sellita W200 movements. These are the SAME movements as in Omegas, Tags (real Tags, not the sold out Tag-Hewer), etc.

Yes, they do make lots of cheap blingy watches for people who wear watches are jewelery, but hey, that's ok, because they also make some good Swiss based watches, and have the lowest entry point that I have found to get a Swiss movement automatic watch (that isn't made of plastic).

magicwuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magicwuff
dagunk909 wrote:Update: It looks like my order for the bacon coffin has been cancelled. I thought maybe I had won something for the first time ever but it appears that it was too good to be true.

Aww shucks! Well I was rooting for you!

Pazuzu

Jon651 wrote:
Invicta does not make quality watches; they make watches that LOOK LIKE quality watches.

They make both, and plenty of each.

The vast majority of the components of this watch are Chinese. Only a very few (possibly even only one or two) are Swiss sourced. This is the difference between allowing a watch to bear the word "Swiss" on the dial as compared to the official moniker "Swiss Made", which this watch does not have.

You seem to know a lot about this watch, having never seen it. Based on what Woot and Invicta state, you are...wrong!

The only real reason to purchase this (or any other Invicta) watch would be that you like how it looks.

Or, because you want a Swiss movement without paying extra.

It is common Chinese quality and as such should provide average service. The best you could ask for is that someone sees this watch and mistakes it for something better before they see the name on the dial.

1) Most Invicta movements are Japanese, actually, Citizen sourced.
2) Some of the Chinese movements are as good or better than the Swiss ones, they can and do make good quality stuff sometimes. The Seagull movements are increasingly respected among watch folks, especially when you watch the price of Swiss movements become artificially inflated.

vwoom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

I'd be in for an Invicta Woot if this was for sale instead:

Invicta Mens Reserve Venom F0003...the biggest (52mm case diameter), baddest (this thing is heavy, a "tank" watch) MoFo Invicta divers watch (tap the flame fusion crystal, thick like a car windshield) you can buy (Swiss Made Ronda 5040.D movement, 1000 Meters, MSRP $1,295)...I got one ($285 shipped). Need another one though. This watch is genuine ("Swiss Made") Made in Switzerland.

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Collection-Chronograph-Gunmetal-Ion-Plated/dp/B0006GN9II

shakibkamal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shakibkamal

I bought this watch from woot for about the same price a year ago.. my advice, skip this one. After about 6 months the hour hand got miss-aligned (so at 3:00 the hour hand was a little past 3). I got it repaired for $15 dollars and a few months later, same problem. There is a reason such a nice looking watch goes for 60-80 bucks.. its crap.

Figit090

Jon651 wrote:Here's my two cents on Invicta watches. Remember, this is only my take on their brand and in the best Republican tradition will not be governed by those pesky fact-checkers (sorry for the political reference, but the VP candidate debate will be on shortly and I just couldn't help myself!).

Invicta does not make quality watches; they make watches that LOOK LIKE quality watches. This company started off many years ago as the numero uno maker of Rolex knock-offs and apparently when the appropriate regulatory agencies started cracking down all they did was put their name on the dial with no other significant changes. Same dial, same hands, same case and movement - just with their own name on it.

The only real reason to purchase this (or any other Invicta) watch would be that you like how it looks. It is common Chinese quality and as such should provide average service. The best you could ask for is that someone sees this watch and mistakes it for something better before they see the name on the dial.

My advice if you want a technically advanced, reliable watch then spend a few extra bucks and purchase a Citizen Eco-Drive and get all the benefits of excellent Japanese watch quality with the added bonus of never having to replace the battery.

Again, just my two cents worth.

Cheers - Jon651

Two more cents from a first-hand Citizen Eco-Drive watch owner. I've worn it almost every day for about five years now, and only have seen a nick and light scratches in the face, and that's from working with it on. I assume I could get the face replaced if I see fit later on, and I'm sure I will try if it gets bad. No battery replacement or other issues, and I still get compliments on it, and I have not had it cleaned or polished.

If you want to get a watch I say invest those hard earned dollars into ONE GOOD watch, not ten stupid ones. I value my watch like gold, because it's worth it's weight in gold through sentimental value, actual value, and timekeeping value). That, and it's partially made of the stuff. ;)

adavidw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adavidw
sams69z28 wrote:It is a knockoff. The band is different as well as the accent around the date. So bad, sorry to burst the bubble.

YES, I CAN TELL FROM SOME OF THE PIXELS AND FROM SEEING QUITE A FEW KNOCKOFFS IN MY TIME.

-Aaron

Figit090

adavidw wrote:YES, I CAN TELL FROM SOME OF THE PIXELS AND FROM SEEING QUITE A FEW KNOCKOFFS IN MY TIME.

I THOUGHT IT WAS DETERMINED THAT IT IS A NEW MODEL VARIATION, NOT A KNOCKOFF. WHY MAKE A KNOCKOFF OF A WATCH WORTH LESS THAN $100?

(we done yelling now?)

fachagooch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fachagooch

You know they should send you a tee Shirt that reads "I tried to buy a J/D Bacon Coffin and all i got was this lousey tee-Shirt"

Jon651

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jon651

Aw, nice try. This watch is a knock-off of a Nautica. See a prior post for the link to Amazon. They are virtual twins except for the name on the dial. This is what Invita specializes in, and where their roots as a watch-making company are. Plus your not going to get a Citizen Japanese-made movement for this price, which could arguably be considered on-par or better than a Nautica mov't at the same price point.

As I said before - buy this watch if you like how it looks, not because it is of exceptional quality. You get what you pay for with Invicta, and sometimes much less.

Pazuzu wrote:1) Most Invicta movements are Japanese, actually, Citizen sourced.
2) Some of the Chinese movements are as good or better than the Swiss ones, they can and do make good quality stuff sometimes. The Seagull movements are increasingly respected among watch folks, especially when you watch the price of Swiss movements become artificially inflated.

Pazuzu

Jon651 wrote:Plus your not going to get a Citizen Japanese-made movement for this price, which could arguably be considered on-par or better than a Nautica mov't at the same price point.

You're kidding, right?
The Invicta 8926 (the original "rolex knockoff") has a Citizen Miyota 8215 movement. That's a Japanese Citizen source AUTOMATIC movement, which are more expensive than quartz movements. That watch? $65-85 any day of the week.

This watch (the one woot was selling) has a SWISS movement!

How you get the idea that a $60 watch on discount (remember where you are now), can't or won't have a Japanese or even Swiss movement is beyond me.

djsrcy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djsrcy

I got this watch and dont like it. Is there a return option for products that dont look as expected/you dont like? I saw a link to return defective items but not just to return an item I dont like.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

djsrcy wrote:I got this watch and dont like it. Is there a return option for products that dont look as expected/you dont like? I saw a link to return defective items but not just to return an item I dont like.

The FAQ will help here:

Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?

Not quite. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, first, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

Mine arrived. I like the way it looks, but the time is wrong. It's exactly 25 hours slow. Is there a way to get it repaired?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

fgarriel wrote:Mine arrived. I like the way it looks, but the time is wrong. It's exactly 25 hours slow. Is there a way to get it repaired?

Not sure if anyone here can comment about how to configure the watch.
You could also try to contact Invicta Support Center and see if they can assist you with remedying the issue.
The watch is still under a 1 Year Invicta warranty, and they should be able to fix it for free if you should have to mail it in.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

JWampy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JWampy

NOT a screw down crown! Very disappointed with the quality and special wording around "screw down" crown. Woot woot.