4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP Digital SLR
$599.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

whcodered

quality posts: 11 Private Messages whcodered

I have a T2i that I bought a few months back and I am in love with it. The T3i is practically the same but has a few extra features, the biggest probably being the screen that you can tilt. This thing takes amazing pictures.

k9sar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages k9sar

I bought one of these in a package from costco. Included a 55-250 lens, case, sd card and hdmi cable also. $830. For just the camera and 28-55 lens, this is a good deal. It's at least $50 less than sale prices I have found. I also LOVE the camera!

zipporah

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zipporah
whcodered wrote:I have a T2i that I bought a few months back and I am in love with it. The T3i is practically the same but has a few extra features, the biggest probably being the screen that you can tilt. This thing takes amazing pictures.

I second that. I also have a T2i which I love. Just read that the T4 tested lower than either the T2 or T3, so this older model is just the ticket!

jcalar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jcalar

Best price around. I have a friend that has this camera and he loves it. Uses it to photograph kids playing all sorts of sports and sells the prints. Loves the camera and the money he makes off it. And it didn't cost him an arm and a leg!

henrydu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages henrydu

D3100 vs T3i, which one is better??!!

Akira5284

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Akira5284

Bought this camera a couple months ago when Canon was running a sale on lenses. The camera was $699 with $150 off a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens.

So far the camera has been great. One of the best things about this Canon is putting Magic Lantern on the memory cards. Magic Lantern has some great video shooting features and some cool still photo features. The thing I use most are Motion Detect picture capture, lighting change picture capture, and auto HDR bracketing. I love being able to set up the camera and it just takes pictures when it sense motion. The website for Magic Lantern is: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki

Overall I highly recommend this camera for anyone who is enthusiastic about photography but can't afford to go full frame.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

I upgraded to this camera over the summer from the Rebel xSi. Picture quality is gorgeous, it's lightweight (a big deal for me) and long on battery life. If you are a beginner, there are several "scene" modes to help you take great shots, and if you are more advanced, complete manual control.

I debated between this and the T4i (the current generation) and decided on this because of lower cost.

Here's a link to an article describing the differences between this and the T4i.

For me, this camera has been a great decision.

Except for the picture of the theater set, all the pictures on the first page of my blog, at http://vals366.blogspot.com/ were taken with this camera, if you want to see some samples.

wenda86

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wenda86

Here is the dpreview review of this camera:
http://www.dpreview.com/search/?query=t3i&product=canon_eos600d

A superb camera with excellent pricing.

MisterSquared

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MisterSquared
henrydu wrote:D3100 vs T3i, which one is better??!!

It's a matter of opinion, really. I enjoy the way Canon lays out their controls and menu organization. I think if I started with Nikon I would say the same thing.

Akira5284

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Akira5284

It is better to compare the t3i to a D5100 I think. This was a toss up question for me when I was shopping. I chose the t3i because of the better LCD screen and because it was compatible with Magic Lantern Firmware. While researching I found sites that recommended one over the other, but it just depended on the reviewer as to which they preferred.

JuiceMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JuiceMaster

Sad to say people but 599 isn't a deal on this camera. You can find it for that price at many other places... I could be wrong but I'd swear I saw this same camera on here a few weeks ago for 399.

[MOD: That was the T3. This is the T3i.]

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri
JuiceMaster wrote:Sad to say people but 599 isn't a deal on this camera. You can find it for that price at many other places... I could be wrong but I'd swear I saw this same camera on here a few weeks ago for 399.

I believe that was the T3 not the T3i.

JackProton

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JackProton
JuiceMaster wrote:Sad to say people but 599 isn't a deal on this camera. You can find it for that price at many other places... I could be wrong but I'd swear I saw this same camera on here a few weeks ago for 399.

You probably saw the Canon T3 for that price which is a very different model. Prices don't vary much on DSLRs between legit sellers. Though the Amazon price includes $150 off the Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS lens and a free memory card which could be a better deal for some.

cyraxote

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cyraxote

The 3100 does not do autobracketing, which is one reason I chose the Canon over it.

ckmedlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckmedlin

I have experience with the T2i (very similar) and it is an excellent camera. This is not a bad price, but if you are looking for more than just the camera and 18-55 lens check Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J3V90Y as well. You can get the same camera for $642 but with the following extras:

• free SanDisk Extreme 16 GB SDHC Class 10
  • option of $150 off EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II lens (currently priced at $200)
  • 2% back in rewards (amazon gift card)

wootsrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootsrus

Amazon has Canon EOS Digital Rebel T4i 18MP SLR Camera w/ 18-55mm Lens + 55-250mm IS Lens + Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II Printer + + 2% Back in Rewards for $765.06 after $400 rebate. Shipping is free.

Interesting comparison of the T3i vs T4i at http://t3ivst4i.com/

Sorry if a duplicate of previous post, appears my original comment was "disappeared" ;-)

Alopekos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alopekos

NOOOO I just bought the T3...

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Alopekos wrote:NOOOO I just bought the T3...

define "just".
returnable?

If you can't return it, want a suggestion? Use it until you can no longer use it for what you want to achieve, for it's not the camera but the photographer that takes good images. You should be able to capture spectacular images with the T3 too, perhaps it won't be as easy to do some things, but you're a huge step up from point-and-shoot cameras so you should take your tool and go use it, unless you can see a way to upgrade to this one for a little more money, or the same.
I captured the following image that I am still fond of using a Sony point-and-shoot; 5 seconds, no tripod (just balcony of the building I was on). I love my Nikon D90 but...it's the camera that's with you that works best!
http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/166498009#/d2r4mop

larrydavidow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages larrydavidow

I bought the T3i about 9 months ago and couldn't be happier. I wanted a camera that I could use to take pics of my daughter playing indoor volleyball. They don't allow flash, so I had to find a camera that had a high enough ISO range but was able to increase shutter speed to capture motion without noise or blur.

This camera does a phenomenal job. I will say though that with the right lense, most of the lower priced nikkon/canon DSLRs will look fantastic. It's more about the diversity of environment you're shooting in that determines the features you will need in a DSLR.

Alopekos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alopekos
Figit090 wrote:define "just".
returnable?

If you can't return it, want a suggestion? Use it until you can no longer use it for what you want to achieve, for it's not the camera but the photographer that takes good images. You should be able to capture spectacular images with the T3 too, perhaps it won't be as easy to do some things, but you're a huge step up from point-and-shoot cameras so you should take your tool and go use it, unless you can see a way to upgrade to this one for a little more money, or the same.
I captured the following image that I am still fond of using a Sony point-and-shoot; 5 seconds, no tripod (just balcony of the building I was on). I love my Nikon D90 but...it's the camera that's with you that works best!
http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/166498009#/d2r4mop

I bought it off of Woot roughly a week and a half ago and this site doesn't do returns if I understand correctly...

I've taken a few pictures with it and it is a great camera! I just wish I could have known to wait and buy this one. One of the main advantages is that this one can do full 1080 video and can shoot pictures at a higher rate.

I'd highly recommend picking up this one considering I have its lesser brethren and it's still great.

justinrageth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinrageth

Just bought the t4i on 1saleaday last week for $100 more. I sold my t2i and a lens for $500 to fund it...

chezteladog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chezteladog

There have been a million deals on this camera. There is a rebate offered for a Pixma 9000 printer for $400 if you buy a Canon DSLR and the printer together. Last month I bought this camera and the Pixma 9000 printer for $410 after rebate. The deal was so good I bought three deals and sold everything getting my camera and printer for free and making a few bucks as well. It's on sale right now at Fry's for $599 as well. Point is that this deal is only so so. Fantastic camera though. I'm really enjoying it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chezteladog wrote:There have been a million deals on this camera. There is a rebate offered for a Pixma 9000 printer for $400 if you buy a Canon DSLR and the printer together. Last month I bought this camera and the Pixma 9000 printer for $410 after rebate. The deal was so good I bought three deals and sold everything getting my camera and printer for free and making a few bucks as well. It's on sale right now at Fry's for $599 as well. Point is that this deal is only so so. Fantastic camera though. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm seeing $649 at Fry's:

http://www.frys.com/product/6547673;jsessionid=YKq6QwuZ7BjqNVnZym8U3w__.node2

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

previous woot for T3 and T3i in August:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5142257

product website:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3i_18_55mm_is_ii_kit

manual:
http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAwNDcyMDAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

video test:

Adorama review:

unboxing/review:

Long review:

If you want the long "walk around" the camera rather than a review:

drewdown725

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drewdown725

[MOD: That was the T3. This is the T3i.]

You probably saw the Canon Rebel t3 not the t3i some different features between them...

drewdown725

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drewdown725

AH! I really want this Camera but have seen better deals! Woot! is so tempting me though! I see package deals on this cam (with extra lens and 16gb card and some other stuff) For like $100 more.

esteebin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esteebin

If you're just starting out, look at the lenses that Nikon and Canon offers and see which ones you like/can afford. Once you choose a side, it's the lenses you have to commit to. The camera itself will eventually get old- cameras are like cars: the shutter count when you take shots is like the odometer. Once you rack enough "mileage" (50K shots or something like that) they may fail and need to be replaced/fixed. The lenses, however, you keep.

I have the T2i when they were new 2 years ago for capturing memories when my wife was pregnant with our first child and love it. I got a few Tokina lenses (11-16mm and 35mm) and do not plan to go full frame.

These are great with the tilt screen.

iofthestorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iofthestorm
Alopekos wrote:I bought it off of Woot roughly a week and a half ago and this site doesn't do returns if I understand correctly...

I've taken a few pictures with it and it is a great camera! I just wish I could have known to wait and buy this one. One of the main advantages is that this one can do full 1080 video and can shoot pictures at a higher rate.

I'd highly recommend picking up this one considering I have its lesser brethren and it's still great.

Woah, is that Telegraph and Bancroft in Berkeley? Nice picture!

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I have a pretty good camera on my cell phone, with a lot of features I haven't figured out how to use. Is this camera better than my cell phone camera?

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
iofthestorm wrote:Woah, is that Telegraph and Bancroft in Berkeley? Nice picture!

Yes, it is! You know it better than I do, obviously since I had to use google maps to check. I was visiting to see the Vagina Monologues when I took that image. I was on the Cal Berkeley student store building.

Glad you like it You can see more of my work (now with a DSLR) here, if you like: http://figit090.deviantart.com/

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
mdnorman wrote:I have a pretty good camera on my cell phone, with a lot of features I haven't figured out how to use. Is this camera better than my cell phone camera?

It depends on what you want to do. If you just want to take snapshots, and your camera does what you want to do, then stick with it.

If you want more control over the pictures you take, then a DSLR will get you going in that direction.

This picture was not taken with this camera, but it could have been. I believe they have the same sensor.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
JackProton wrote:You probably saw the Canon T3 for that price which is a very different model. Prices don't vary much on DSLRs between legit sellers. Though the Amazon price includes $150 off the Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS lens and a free memory card which could be a better deal for some.

A lot of people are mentioning deals including the EF-S 55-250mm lens.

If you want a longer zoom lens and are dead set against spending any more money, then I guess it's a good deal, but it is a cheap lens. I got one nine months ago on impulse nine months ago because of a similar rebate, but I hardly ever use it.

It's more cheaply made than the kit lens. It has a plastic mount, and they didn't even spring for the little red alignment bump for mounting it to the camera; it has a printed white square.

The focus is a little soft and there's chromatic aberration on the edges. You probably won't notice these things unless you make big prints or crop the pictures down, but they are there.

On the plus side it is inexpensive, light, and small.

HANG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HANG

Better deal on adorama site.. 590 with bag and extra battery..etc

ThunderThighs

Staff

HANG wrote:Better deal on adorama site.. 590 with bag and extra battery..etc

I'm seeing $649 for just the camera w/lens.
http://www.adorama.com/ICAT3IK.html

I think you were looking at a T3. We're selling the T3i.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

HANG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HANG
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm seeing $649 for just the camera w/lens.
http://www.adorama.com/ICAT3IK.html

I think you were looking at a T3. We're selling the T3i.

http://www.adorama.com/ICAT3IB.html

Definatly t3i

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera Body Kit - with 16 GB SD Memory Card, Slinger Camera Bag,Spare LP-E8 Lithium-Ion Rehargeable Battery, USB 2.0 SD Card Reader, Digital Camera & Lens Cleaning Kit & FREE: Red Giant Adorama Production Bundle for PC/Mac a $599.00 Retail Value

ThunderThighs

Staff

HANG wrote:http://www.adorama.com/ICAT3IB.html

Definatly t3i

Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR Camera Body Kit - with 16 GB SD Memory Card, Slinger Camera Bag,Spare LP-E8 Lithium-Ion Rehargeable Battery, USB 2.0 SD Card Reader, Digital Camera & Lens Cleaning Kit & FREE: Red Giant Adorama Production Bundle for PC/Mac a $599.00 Retail Value

That does not include the lens. It is the camera body only.

FORUM MODERATOR

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger
ThunderThighs wrote:That does not include the lens. It is the camera body only.

...and boom goes the dynamite...

Sams Club has this camera and lens in a kit with the 55-250mm lens, a bag, some cards and other junk for $799. The deal here on Woot is comparable to that, if you don't want/need all the extra junk.

It's a very good stills camera but is also VERY well regarded for its video recording quality. Highly recommend this for the well-heeled photo and video enthusiast.

jamesh1011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesh1011

Will all canon lenses fit on this camera?