WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gussy Up Your Tablet

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single tablet in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of accessories. Don't let your precious tablet go out for the season without the latest cases and earbuds, or she'll be the laughingstock of all London. 
MEElectronics official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Looks like it's time to stock up on earbuds and such to drown out the holiday cheer incoming.

What?

How are the sound isolating earbuds?

I'm just hanging out, really.

crannon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crannon

Don't know about these specific buds, but I've bought other models from MEE and they've been excellent quality. Customer service is top notch as well.

seanlange

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seanlange

I have one these cases for my Kindle Fire. I paid a lot more than $5 for it on Amazon. I got it as a replacement to the first cover because the other one made a huge nasty stripe down the middle of the screen protector. I have had this cover on my Fire for over a year and it rocks. Does a nice job protecting the tablet and is easy to use. It also doesn't interfere with the screen protector.

lilmosun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lilmosun

HT-21 travel headphones got a "recommended" review (for their price range) from CNET

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/meelectronics-ht-21-black/4505-7877_7-34476524.html

ttfitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttfitz
seanlange wrote:I have one these cases for my Kindle Fire. I paid a lot more than $5 for it on Amazon.

Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about this case? I just got a Nexus 7, and I was curious about whether this might work okay for it. But under "Specs", it only shows the name of the product, absolutely no specs of any kind.

So, okay, they list the company's website, gotta be something there? Well, they have a Nexus 7 case listed (for 30 bucks), but as far as I can tell, this product isn't listed THERE, either.

So what's the deal?

franchyze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franchyze

How are the Bluetooth headphones compared to the Motorola ones that frequent this site?

bhm3382

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhm3382

Solid reviews on Amazon for the Bluetooth headphones.

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

Has anyone tried using the wireless headphones with Skype? I haven't found anything in the comments on Amazon yet.

passionplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages passionplus

Does the Air-Fi AFS1 Bluetooth speaker have microphone. My tablet has a bad microphone.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

passionplus wrote:Does the Air-Fi AFS1 Bluetooth speaker have microphone. My tablet has a bad microphone.

It can act as a speakerphone via Bluetooth. Not sure how that works as a regular microphone for a tablet though.

Here's the product page.. There's a link to the manual at the top of the Product Support tab.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vegita2201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegita2201
cf wrote:Has anyone tried using the wireless headphones with Skype? I haven't found anything in the comments on Amazon yet.

A coworker of mine has had these headphones for a while now and is very happy with it. He uses it every morning with skype on his workstation. He alo has it paired with his android phone and I have seen him take/make calls on it.

Serafyna

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Serafyna

Anyone know if the case works for the iPad 2? If so, is it compatible with the smart sleep function?

Thanks!

jdelvoie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jdelvoie

Headfi review on both IEMs:

M2: (2010) http://www.head-fi.org/t/449740/meelectronics-m2-review

RX12: (2012) http://www.head-fi.org/t/603795/review-meelectronics-rx12

Quick n dirty: Both are cheap IEMs that sound cheap, but not bad; nothing grates or sounds bad, but nothing sounds great either. Both look very good, so a lot of effort was placed on style and visual appeal. Bottom line: you could do worse for a $15 IEM.

Since they are 5 and 6 here (with a flat 5 shipping), probably a decent purchase, especially if you need to make gifts for those in the teen-ranges.

Compare also to the monoprice 8320's which have been called "The best earbud you'll find under $10."
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=8320&seq=1&format=2
http://lifehacker.com/5927570/the-monoprice-8320s-are-the-best-earbuds-youll-find-under-10

Keep in mind that the 8320's are a bit larger than normal, and some may find them awkward or uncomfortable.

My bottom line:
I'll pick up a pair or two of each if I have something else shipping anyways. If I had needed IEMs, I'd have bought 3 of each with the flat shipping and thought nothing of it.

HoupaKing

quality posts: 6 Private Messages HoupaKing

My name is Kenny and I work for MEE.

The Kindle fire case is discontinued, the spec should be very similar to the Nexus 7 case.

ttfitz wrote:Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about this case? I just got a Nexus 7, and I was curious about whether this might work okay for it. But under "Specs", it only shows the name of the product, absolutely no specs of any kind.

So, okay, they list the company's website, gotta be something there? Well, they have a Nexus 7 case listed (for 30 bucks), but as far as I can tell, this product isn't listed THERE, either.

So what's the deal?

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

Yes it does work with Skype!

cf wrote:Has anyone tried using the wireless headphones with Skype? I haven't found anything in the comments on Amazon yet.

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

It does not have holes for the cameras, but it does fit in. it does not have a cover so it doesn't have smart sleep.

Serafyna wrote:Anyone know if the case works for the iPad 2? If so, is it compatible with the smart sleep function?

Thanks!

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

Yes it does have a microphone build in.

passionplus wrote:Does the Air-Fi AFS1 Bluetooth speaker have microphone. My tablet has a bad microphone.

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

aengel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aengel

So Kenny, would it fit the Kindle Fire HD too?

HoupaKing wrote:My name is Kenny and I work for MEE.

The Kindle fire case is discontinued, the spec should be very similar to the Nexus 7 case.

Breakz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Breakz

I am looking for a new headset to game with. Would the wireless ones be a good one to go with?

HoupaKing

Kindle HD is thinner, so it will not fit. Sorry!

aengel wrote:So Kenny, would it fit the Kindle Fire HD too?

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

Computer game, PS3 or xBox?

Breakz wrote:I am looking for a new headset to game with. Would the wireless ones be a good one to go with?

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

Breakz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Breakz
HoupaKing wrote:Computer game, PS3 or xBox?

More so pc, but I do have a ps3.

jtusken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtusken
Breakz wrote:I am looking for a new headset to game with. Would the wireless ones be a good one to go with?

I have a set of these and bought them to game with. I would have to say meh, they are ok. You have to turn the mic settings up for anyone to hear you. The sound quality is about as good as I have heard from bluetooth, which is not saying much. Truth be told, the only thing I can really say positively for them is that it is nice to be able to listen to headphones in bed and control my music with the buttons on the headphones. The range is not great either. Not the most glow review I know, but I am glad I have them. I would not suggest them for gaming though.

miyoshinum5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miyoshinum5

Wow it's really strange to have gotten my order while its still up for sale. I bought the RX12 earbuds and I have to say they sound pretty good. They are a little bassy (hmm, that's not a word is it?), but I like that. And the flat cord is awesome. They are way better than I expected them to be. And they are way better than those Monoprice ones, they had no bass which was really surprising. For $6 I couldn't ask for a better pair of earbuds, I definitely recommend them.

goaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goaman

Does the iPad case work with the iPad two? It doesn't seem to say on the product specs.

ibxdmxxdl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibxdmxxdl

I ordered two of them in Black and recieved two in Purple this morning. I doubled checked my order and it was set for for black, then I double checked my eyes and I am, indeed, still not color blind.

Is there anything I can do about this?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ibxdmxxdl wrote:I ordered two of them in Black and recieved two in Purple this morning. I doubled checked my order and it was set for for black, then I double checked my eyes and I am, indeed, still not color blind.

Is there anything I can do about this?

You bet you can! Give service@woot.com a buzz and let them know of the little mistake. We'll even let them know you're on your way to them so they keep an eye out for your mail. Work for you?

I'm just hanging out, really.

star84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages star84

Got my green Kindle case today. Fits great, seems well made. Love the color. It does stand vertically though Woot has no pics that way. Very happy for the price.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
jdelvoie wrote:Headfi review on both IEMs:

M2: (2010) http://www.head-fi.org/t/449740/meelectronics-m2-review

RX12: (2012) http://www.head-fi.org/t/603795/review-meelectronics-rx12

Quick n dirty: Both are cheap IEMs that sound cheap, but not bad; nothing grates or sounds bad, but nothing sounds great either. Both look very good, so a lot of effort was placed on style and visual appeal. Bottom line: you could do worse for a $15 IEM.

Since they are 5 and 6 here (with a flat 5 shipping), probably a decent purchase, especially if you need to make gifts for those in the teen-ranges.

Compare also to the monoprice 8320's which have been called "The best earbud you'll find under $10."
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=8320&seq=1&format=2
http://lifehacker.com/5927570/the-monoprice-8320s-are-the-best-earbuds-youll-find-under-10

Keep in mind that the 8320's are a bit larger than normal, and some may find them awkward or uncomfortable.

My bottom line:
I'll pick up a pair or two of each if I have something else shipping anyways. If I had needed IEMs, I'd have bought 3 of each with the flat shipping and thought nothing of it.

I bought several 8320's from Monoprice. They are bass heavy and pretty cumbersome to wear.

ukeben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ukeben

Just got my Air-Fi in the mail, sounds good so far. I have been able to pair it both with my Droid X and my macbook pro. Its really small and light! My one complaint is that it doesn't get very loud, but I suppose that's to be expected considering its size and weight.

azblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azblue

Be careful buying the case for the Kindle Fire if you actually have a Kindle Fire HD because the case will not fit. I learned this the hard way by just buying it and found out it wasnt going to work. I was alittle disappointed as well because I ordered the purple on and even states purple in the order confirmation but they sent me a black one. I will give this case away to someone not worth the money to send back. Just wanted to warn everyone to make sure if you have the kindle fire HD that its alittle bigger then the normal fire. Peace

azblue

HoupaKing wrote:Kindle HD is thinner, so it will not fit. Sorry!

No it will not fit the HD version. I posted earlier that i bought this case and doesnt fit. Apparently the HD version is a bit larger then the regular fire

azblue

inkycatz wrote:You bet you can! Give service@woot.com a buzz and let them know of the little mistake. We'll even let them know you're on your way to them so they keep an eye out for your mail. Work for you?

Same thing happened to me, I ordered it in purple and got black. Not worth it to mail back thou.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

azblue wrote:Be careful buying the case for the Kindle Fire if you actually have a Kindle Fire HD because the case will not fit. I learned this the hard way by just buying it and found out it wasnt going to work. I was alittle disappointed as well because I ordered the purple on and even states purple in the order confirmation but they sent me a black one. I will give this case away to someone not worth the money to send back. Just wanted to warn everyone to make sure if you have the kindle fire HD that its alittle bigger then the normal fire. Peace

well, thanks for the word of warning regarding the difference in size for HD. that is a bummer.

but hey, remember: it's perfectly ok to pursue your purple passion if you'd rather have that color than the black case you were mistakenly sent. it may not fit any better, but at least it'd be the right product.
:shrug:

again, sorry it won't work for your Kindle Fire, and thanks for providing the feedback.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

Thanks for the great service WOOT! Ordered black, got purple just like you guys said. Thanks for taking care of everything before the item arrive to my house. Wow! That is a light purple!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

burns72 wrote:Thanks for the great service WOOT! Ordered black, got purple just like you guys said. Thanks for taking care of everything before the item arrive to my house. Wow! That is a light purple!

We're sorry to hear that you received the wrong color for your order. Please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you in resolving the issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff