3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Boogie Board 8.5" LCD Writing Tablet
$19.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Sounds like a Kidney Stone.

subzero512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages subzero512

Meh! I have had one.. you can only clear it so many times before it's no good.

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

Looks like a solution in search of a problem.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

So, basically it is an electronic solution to . . . scrap paper???

OK.

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel

Only need one? Pay the extra $2 including shipping and get the much better looking BLACK FRAME!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ZE4TDI

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Uh...that's all it does?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

GluonConcerto

quality posts: 9 Private Messages GluonConcerto

Careful! Even though it says 8.5" in the title, it's not the same size as a full sheet of paper. If it was 8.5x11, I would definitely buy it at this price just to mess around with.

JdgM3nt4l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JdgM3nt4l

Will this run Windows 8?

Immortal... for a limited time.

potatoboat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages potatoboat

Does this transfer what was written/drawn to a pc? (via memory cards or USB cable, etc.)

Otherwise, this seems useful only as a "green" alternative to scratch paper.

AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AutobahnSHO

I work on networking, and end up teaching a lot. the guys at work laugh at how often I'll bust out scrap paper and draw something out.. This could be funner.
;-)

BernieJDufrene

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BernieJDufrene

Is there "Sticky Stuff" on the backside so I can "Post" my reminders?

glindshops

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glindshops
lstaff wrote:So, basically it is an electronic solution to . . . scrap paper???

OK.

LOL! I would +1 that if I could!

DrChops

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DrChops

Here's a pretty good video, the guy breaks it down pretty well:

Shows how to use it etc.. definitely worth a watch.

[MOD: Embedded the video for you.] (DrChops: Thanks mod!)

Petey Thaseatesmyne

hippie19

quality posts: 23 Private Messages hippie19

So this is an etch-a-sketch without the challenge?

CSUSam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CSUSam
potatoboat wrote:Does this transfer what was written/drawn to a pc? (via memory cards or USB cable, etc.)

Otherwise, this seems useful only as a "green" alternative to scratch paper.

Putting green quotation marks is probably very apt. If this follows the same line as styrofoam cups vs mugs I would say that you would need to use many, many thousands of sheets of paper before the waste and production cost caught up to buying one of these...

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn
hippie19 wrote:So this is an etch-a-sketch without the challenge?

Nah. This is an etch-a-sketch without the soul.

hippie19

quality posts: 23 Private Messages hippie19

also from the mothership, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ZPZ5XW the updated version that allows you to save your sketches.

DrChops

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DrChops

If anybody who's interested in this thing didn't watch the video:

This uses a battery that's necessary to erase what's on the tablet.. apparently it's non-replaceable.

Petey Thaseatesmyne

TheEndless

quality posts: 14 Private Messages TheEndless

I bought one of these for my wife about six months ago. She absolutely loves it for some reason. The fact that there's no way to erase part of it without erasing the whole thing frustrates the heck out of me.

TheEndless

Tsikura

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tsikura

This device is great but has limited uses. Personally, I use one to practice hanzi/kanji over and over. But that's about it. Don't have it near children either.

For this model, I think you CAN transfer files (pdf) to computer.

lynphillips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynphillips

Does this thing have a memory, or is it just a manual etch-a-sketch?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I always had a small white board around to do homework and other stuff with my son. Lots of times, it was easier to draw something out. I could see this as a less stinky version of that.

Edit: We used it a lot for studying for spelling tests.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TheEndless

Tsikura wrote:For this model, I think you CAN transfer files (pdf) to computer.

No. You CANNOT save files with this model. The model that allows you to save is the "RIP" and it costs 3-4 times as much.

TheEndless

KeepsOnLaffing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KeepsOnLaffing

I was going to get one for a friend who is an engineering student. He currently uses a small dry erase board to do all of his calculus and chemistry homework problems on. Somebody mentioned that this has only so much use before it won't erase anymore. For those who have one of these, any idea how long this may last using it just for math problems?

lilmosun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lilmosun

A co-worker who was recovering from a throat procedure used one of these when he came back to the office. It's a great gift if you know someone who is prone to sore throats, laryngitis or is going to have a throat procedure.

Tsikura

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tsikura
TheEndless wrote:No. You CANNOT save files with this model. The model that allows you to save is the "RIP" and it costs 3-4 times as much.

Yep. Only the Rip. Good thing I said "think" phew! Can't be sued now
http://www.improvelectronics.com/us/en/boogie-board-LCD-writing-tablet/boogie-board-tablet-compare-models.html

micaelaanna

quality posts: 14 Private Messages micaelaanna

Can this be mounted? Umm...can it be placed up on a wall/fridge or something of the sort? Thanks!

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

My nephew started kindergarten this year and he has trouble learning his letters and how to spell. I think this will be perfect for him to practice on. The fact that it's not just plain paper and crayons will draw his interest. Also, the quick erase button. It is basically like a dry erase board.

peterfares

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterfares
KeepsOnLaffing wrote:I was going to get one for a friend who is an engineering student. He currently uses a small dry erase board to do all of his calculus and chemistry homework problems on. Somebody mentioned that this has only so much use before it won't erase anymore. For those who have one of these, any idea how long this may last using it just for math problems?

I'm an engineering student and this would not be useful for homework. It's too small and you can only write one page at a time then erase.

ATMA

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ATMA

Dont know why I want one but I do. The battery doesnt scare me since a human installed it, a human can replace it. Looks like the battery will last a really long time unless you sleep on the erase button.
Sure like the RIP model with its ability to save though.
Hummm.....

peterfares

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterfares
micaelaanna wrote:Can this be mounted? Umm...can it be placed up on a wall/fridge or something of the sort? Thanks!

Magnet tape

TheEndless

micaelaanna wrote:Can this be mounted? Umm...can it be placed up on a wall/fridge or something of the sort? Thanks!

For 20 bucks more, you can get the official "message center" mount: http://www.amazon.com/Boogie-Board-8-5-Inch-Writing-AM02085BLKA0000/dp/B0057FR1T6/

TheEndless

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer

I reviewed this product at CES last year...here's what I said:

This lightweight and minimalist product is the "Boogie Board" It is basically a digital notepad...a touch sensitive LCD screen that you can use your finger or a stylus on to take notes. Keep it by your phone and you don't need a pad of paper...when it fills up, just push the button and it clears like an Etch-a-Sketch! So far...I'm thinking "Cool!" But then I remember...if I take a note on paper, I can go back to that note two days later and have the information. So my question to the guy was "How do I save these?" His answer..."You can't". (facepalm!) Once you push the button...they're gone forever...so make sure you write them down before you hit that button...

glenbeals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glenbeals

I have two young children and we are always looking for scratch paper. I'm in for two!

cz4nt0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cz4nt0r

So let me get this straight... there's NO way to save my scribbles into some format of 1's and 0's so that I can actually USE my scribbles? This thing < a pen and scratch paper apparently. Otherwise I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

rushe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rushe

Not non-replaceable, just hard to find: AAAA (quad A) batteries required.

DrChops wrote:If anybody who's interested in this thing didn't watch the video:

This uses a battery that's necessary to erase what's on the tablet.. apparently it's non-replaceable.

imtigger2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages imtigger2
sdkammer wrote:I reviewed this product at CES last year...here's what I said:

This lightweight and minimalist product is the "Boogie Board" It is basically a digital notepad...a touch sensitive LCD screen that you can use your finger or a stylus on to take notes. ..snip....Once you push the button...they're gone forever...so make sure you write them down before you hit that button...

That's easy to solve, buy a second to write notes that are on the 1st... In case it gets erased!... Duh....

jstanley1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jstanley1

HOW did that guy find over 5 minutes of things to say about this? You write or draw on it. Press the button to erase. Done.

DrChops wrote:Here's a pretty good video, the guy breaks it down pretty well:

Shows how to use it etc.. definitely worth a watch.

[MOD: Embedded the video for you.]