0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Toshiba 21.5" 1080p LED Monitor
$99.99 + $5 Standard OR $13 Two-Day OR $16 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

acrazygerman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acrazygerman

Anyone have any idea if you could plug a 360 into this?

arcsech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arcsech
acrazygerman wrote:Anyone have any idea if you could plug a 360 into this?

Sure can - as long as you have one with an HDMI out. I think some of the earlier ones didn't have them, but any in the last couple years do for sure.

alexk2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexk2011
arcsech wrote:Sure can - as long as you have one with an HDMI out. I think some of the earlier ones didn't have them, but any in the last couple years do for sure.

You need something for audio obviously since there are no built in speakers, but yeah this is what I do, it works.

ztrawhcs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ztrawhcs
alexk2011 wrote:You need something for audio obviously since there are no built in speakers, but yeah this is what I do, it works.

From the description: "It's got built-in speakers and audio input jack"

• Altec Lansing iMT630 Sound Dock (7/25/12)
  • Neato XV-12 All Floor Robotic Vac (5/13/12)
  • Kershaw Folding Knives (2/20/12)
  • Pinnacle HD MiniStick (12/22/08)
  • Woot-Off Lights with Screaming Monkey (2/19/09)
  • Garmin StreetPilot (10/25/08)
  • Nevermore shirt (10/3/08)
  • Logitech Remote (7/21/07)
  • WOOTOFF: Moving Lips Speakerphone! (7/20/07)
  • Skyfi2 XM Receiver/Boombox (6/28/07)
  • Roomba (11/6/06)
  • Chess Computer (4/14/06)
  • Kensington PocketHub 2 pack (4/4/06)
  • Mystery Brand 6 Piece Speaker Set (11/18/05)
  • ScreenPlay 4805 Entertainment Bundle (10/18/05)

rkyyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rkyyz

Is the height adjustable?

rayjellis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayjellis

Check the Customer Review at amazon.com and think about it. http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-21-5-Led-HD-Monitor/product-reviews/B005BRKL7O

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen
rayjellis wrote:Check the Customer Review at amazon.com and think about it. http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-21-5-Led-HD-Monitor/product-reviews/B005BRKL7O

One awsome. One worthless.Sounds like a bad coin toss to me.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 66 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

seems to be phone book compatible if you need an extra couple inches of height.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Don't know where CowboyDann has been, but last entry before I have to go back:
Reviews: best buy
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/3775601/toshiba-pa3885u-1lc2-21-5-led-lcd-monitor-16-9-5-ms-reviews/reviews.htm
Retrevo w/price trend and few more comments:
http://shop.retrevo.com/m/s/Toshiba-PA3885U-1LC2-Monitors-review-manual/id/23982ag506/t/1-2/

Product page:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.to?poid=482493

having trouble finding the manual.

Gotta go. Good night.

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie

in for 2

delebre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delebre

I would really like to know the power consumption of the device. More than just 'Low power when in power saving mode'. I want to know wattage for normal use. I also find it frustrating that I can't readily find the product manual.

tjweber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjweber

Normally LED monitors have extremely low power consumption compared to LCD monitors of the same size. There is not an Energy Rating (yellow tag) on computer monitors like they have on TV's, but all the LED TV's compared to their LCD counterparts blow the energy use away, sometimes as much as 5 times or more..... I hope this helps.

tjweber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjweber

I am also about 85% sure the LED panel is made by Samsung. Toshiba has been transitioning to Sharp since Foxconn entered into a procurement agreement with Toshiba's OEMs, and this could be why this model is being cleared out to make way for the Sharp-manufactured panels.

We just purchased 3.... and a friend is buying another 3 more for me.

btnonline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btnonline

Does anyone know whether Toshiba will honor its warranty for new products purchased on Woot? I bought a refurbished laptop that had a dead charger a few months back. Called them, but Toshiba said it doesn't support clearance products bought from Woot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

btnonline wrote:Does anyone know whether Toshiba will honor its warranty for new products purchased on Woot? I bought a refurbished laptop that had a dead charger a few months back. Called them, but Toshiba said it doesn't support clearance products bought from Woot.

This is a new monitor with a 3 year Toshiba warranty. All you should need is your receipt which you can print from "Stuff you Bought".

If they will not honor the warranty, email service@woot.com for assistance.

On your other item, do be sure to check the sale to see who holds the warranty. In some cases, items may have a woot warranty.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

amg06f

quality posts: 4 Private Messages amg06f

I considered buying this...then I saw the joke about the NHL Lockout. Now I'm depressed and no longer considering this purchase.

baillard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages baillard

Too bad there isn't a way to wire up a remote control for the volume, it would make an good cheap LCD tv. Now I have to walk all the way over to turn it off and change the volume

I assume a VESA back mount isn't possible on this model?

Where did I put my my quill and inkpot?

ThunderThighs

Staff

baillard wrote:Too bad there isn't a way to wire up a remote control for the volume, it would make an good cheap LCD tv. Now I have to walk all the way over to turn it off and change the volume

I assume a VESA back mount isn't possible on this model?

Looking at the photo of the back, I'm gonna say no VESA mount.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lucky77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucky77

Please answer... Can I just use this for a TV with Cable??????? Thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

lucky77 wrote:Please answer... Can I just use this for a TV with Cable??????? Thanks

No. It does not have a connector for you to connect your cable.

FORUM MODERATOR

erroneus0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erroneus0

No monitor stand mounts. How can they leave these out these days?I am currently seeking the smallest 1920x1#0# display possible (I have never seen one smaller than about 20") which can be mounted to one of those keyboard/monitor arms. The goal is to set up a swing arm holding my console over my recliner chair. This monitor would have been perfect if it weren't for the lack of VESA display mount holes.

ericbbrubaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericbbrubaker
lucky77 wrote:Please answer... Can I just use this for a TV with Cable??????? Thanks

If you had a cable box with HDMI out it would. No box or just those little converters with coax out - no.

haze295

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haze295
ThunderThighs wrote:This is a new monitor with a 3 year Toshiba warranty. All you should need is your receipt which you can print from "Stuff you Bought".

If they will not honor the warranty, email service@woot.com for assistance.

On your other item, do be sure to check the sale to see who holds the warranty. In some cases, items may have a woot warranty.

Where can you find who's actually selling the product? (3 year warranty would be a huge bonus )

basic714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basic714

Why is this monitor so cheap? It looks like a good deal so I just may pull the trigger and purchase 2 for dual monitor action.

gunsight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunsight

Thanks Woot! I've been looking for a monitor to watch the Watermelon Thump Seed Spitting Contest held in Luling, TX. They didn't have these in 1989 when Lee Wheelis spit his seed into the Guinness world record book at 68' 9 1/8"!

fatestay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatestay

bad Refresh Rate 60Hz buuu , that's the only reason im not buying this

catreader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catreader

Is shipping free?Do wehave to pay sales tax?

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
catreader wrote:Is shipping free?Do wehave to pay sales tax?

Shipping is $5 and tax depends on the state you live - if you live in CA, KY, PA, NY, WA, TX or one of a few other states you will pay sales tax.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

crash331

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crash331

It doesn't have a wall mount? So no VESA holes and I can't use it on my 3 monitor stand?

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
fatestay wrote:bad Refresh Rate 60Hz buuu , that's the only reason im not buying this

Refresh rates are pure gimmicks I have had LCD's since they first came out. My first LCD monitor was a Dell 2000fp with a 60hz refresh rate and whopping 250:1 contrast ration and it looked great. I was hardcore gamer back then and never did I see any ghosting at 60hz.

jonesieatl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonesieatl
crash331 wrote:It doesn't have a wall mount? So no VESA holes and I can't use it on my 3 monitor stand?

That's what it looks like Kills it for me, was going to make this a 3rd swing arm mount on my PC set up, too lazy to keep turning around to see the TV in my home office.

hoodude47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoodude47
acrazygerman wrote:Anyone have any idea if you could plug a 360 into this?

Naah,bad idea. The 360 is a supercar so don't watch tv while driving...
Huh?...
Wait?...
Not about a Ferrari?...
Oh...nevermind.

tording92lx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tording92lx
cmacclel wrote:Refresh rates are pure gimmicks I have had LCD's since they first came out. My first LCD monitor was a Dell 2000fp with a 60hz refresh rate and whopping 250:1 contrast ration and it looked great. I was hardcore gamer back then and never did I see any ghosting at 60hz.

That's because the refresh rate has nothing to do with ghosting. What creates ghosthing is too high of a response rate. This one is 5 ms which is good for gaming, anything over like 8 ms and you might see some ghosting.

wkmtca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkmtca

so if i just want this for my computer that i basically do not much except email/facebook/youtube..it's ok? i am replacing an old square dell monitor that i have had forever..

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
tording92lx wrote:That's because the refresh rate has nothing to do with ghosting. What creates ghosthing is too high of a response rate. This one is 5 ms which is good for gaming, anything over like 8 ms and you might see some ghosting.

Funny and the Dell 2000fp I mentioned that was my gaming monitor has a 25ms response rate and I never saw ghosting.

jhgjhg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhgjhg
sparrowhawk69 wrote:seems to be phone book compatible if you need an extra couple inches of height.

What's a phone book?

spanky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spanky
meh3884 wrote:Shipping is $5 and tax depends on the state you live - if you live in CA, KY, PA, NY, WA, TX or one of a few other states you will pay sales tax.

That's true for CA. I was on the "BUY" page and the total came to $122.18!! ($8 "disposal fee) I got out of there fast. Amazon made a deal with CA to collect sales tax and WOOT! is OWNED by Amazon. Vote a Big "NO" on all the tax proposals for CA in NOV. I'm tired of feeding the pigs eating at the public trough.

stevehaak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevehaak

When did this just become Sold Out...!!!?? I first saw the deal about 9 hours ago, and needed to discuss with my business partner, so we anxious to jump on it and then POOF, sold out. Can't they oversell these things and just crank more out in China...!!!?? grrrrrrr.