clintmills

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintmills

Hi there,

Does anyone know how this knife is packaged? A little box or blister pack?

Thanks,

C.Mills

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

Here is the deal... I live in New York now, but am moving in a month to either Vermont or Detroit.

Could woot hold my order for like a month- two tops - while I move.... because whaaahhhah

jsoko

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko

$9.49
Buy It Now
+ shipping
on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRKT-6470-PAZODA-II-FOLDING-KNIFE-RAZOR-EDGE-LINERLOCK-w-CLIP-8CR14MoV-SS-NEW-/120953559001?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item1c2964d7d9

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin
rantng wrote:Can't ship to my zip code (NYC)

I moved to NYC last month. Between weapons and booze, it may have been a mistake.

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin
kuma99 wrote:Here is the deal... I live in New York now, but am moving in a month to either Vermont or Detroit.

Could woot hold my order for like a month- two tops - while I move.... because whaaahhhah

Detroit or Vermont? Hope that is not a tough decision, based on whether you like war-zones or not.

photo00001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photo00001
rjsdad wrote:Dear Woot,

Please have someone from legal review your shipping policies to the greater NY area. If you want to outlaw shipping to NYC that is fine, but holding out on almost everyone upstate and on Long Island is unnecessary and costing you business.

I can buy the same knife from your parent company (Amazon) and ship it to my door without any legal problems what so ever.

On behalf of almost every NY wooter.

Sincerely,

This guy.

PS - out of the zip codes in NY that you DO actually ship to, it includes two towns/cities that border queens, but not ones 50+ miles away.

I am also in upstate NY and there should be no restriction but my zipcode is excluded for no good reason.

Woot is actually being contradictory as the shipping note states:

"Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states. However, due to restrictions, we are unable to ship this product to certain Zip Codes. Please see list of Zip Codes here."

Yet it appears that ZERO people from NY has purchased this based on the stats posted.
Last time I checked NY was still a state! It appears they included every zipcode in NY.

keith172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keith172
mevande wrote:Would it be useful in a Zombie attack?

Only Daryl Dixon could get close enough to use a knife this size to kill a zombie and live to tell about it. Although it might work afterwards to take "souvenirs". ;)

birdoprey5

quality posts: 11 Private Messages birdoprey5

I'm so mad I can't order this knife because I live in NYC I want to whack someone!

dennycrane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dennycrane
photo00001 wrote:I am also in upstate NY and there should be no restriction but my zipcode is excluded for no good reason.

Woot is actually being contradictory as the shipping note states:

"Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states. However, due to restrictions, we are unable to ship this product to certain Zip Codes. Please see list of Zip Codes here."

Yet it appears that ZERO people from NY has purchased this based on the stats posted.
Last time I checked NY was still a state! It appears they included every zipcode in NY.

Would be interesting to see what zip codes in NY you could actually ship to. That would be a better list.

opie9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opie9000
jsoko wrote:$9.49
Buy It Now
+ shipping
on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRKT-6470-PAZODA-II-FOLDING-KNIFE-RAZOR-EDGE-LINERLOCK-w-CLIP-8CR14MoV-SS-NEW-/120953559001?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item1c2964d7d9

That's the smaller one... as discussed on page one

pilote

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pilote

big value in a quality folding knife...there are so many poor quality knives to be bought at your local sporting goods store; this one has a big discount to it...the smart move is to buy 3, give 2 as xmas gifts...

accidentpants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages accidentpants

I'm pretty sure I saw this knife plunged into a walker's skull on the last episode of Walking Dead. It worked VERY well.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689
accidentpants wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw this knife plunged into a walker's skull on the last episode of Walking Dead. It worked VERY well.

Finally someone posts a productive response.

JohnTRN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnTRN

Sigh. You can never have TOO many knives . . . besides, it's Christmas Shopping. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I'm lost.
I've gone to look for myself.
If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

keith172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keith172
demon00689 wrote:Finally someone posts a productive response.

Actually, I think The Walking Dead signed a deal with Gerber for this season...lol.

rross100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rross100

Hey woot! grammar dude, shouldn't "cities parks" be "city's parks"?

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
nanaejt wrote:Woot can you put on a "NY Whine" filter just for today. Hard to get info on the product with all the NY folks sobbing as they are.

At least you can't hear the accent.

vladistov

mevande wrote:Would it be useful in a Zombie attack?

You'll want the straight-edge; serrations can snag on clothing.

droidle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages droidle
ahamling27 wrote: The blade is longer on the woot model.

According the product description for the 6470 Pazoda 2 at http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River-Knife-6470-Pazoda/dp/B001DZR4NC the blade on that knife is actually 2.8" long, whereas this one is 2.625".

Product Description
2.8 in. Black 8Cr14Mov steel plain balde with a oval blade hole and a 3.0 in. stainless steel handle with a black design. Overall length is 5.1 in. ATTRIBUTES Blade Detail: Plain Edge Blade Length (inches): 2.13 Blade Material: 8CR14MoV Lock Style: Liner Lock

That said, those Amazon product descriptions can be dubious, and it is odd given that the Pazoda 2 is otherwise smaller, so I dunno.

Edit: looks like the correct blade length for the Pazoda 2 is 2.125". (http://www.crkt.com/Pazoda-2-Razor-Sharp-Edge-Smaller-model?&search_id=154884)

vladistov

ths55 wrote:I would like to know where it's made and haven't seen anything.

Various merchants are claiming China.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
kmacocker wrote:For you NY people.
Move to KY!! No knife or helmet laws!! Just a few dry counties!! ;-)

But just because they are dry does not mean spirits are not made in those counties. Right? lol

BostonPimpDaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BostonPimpDaddy

In 4 1 of each.

You can never have enough.

The zombie apocalypse is coming (some would even say it's hear already LOL)

Be prepared.

#DoubleTap

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
vladistov wrote:Various merchants are claiming China.

CRKT knives are manufactured in several different places and countries. The knife being offered here today, the Pazoda is made in China. And since the Pazoda 2 has been mentioned and compared in the discussion FYI it is manufactured in Taiwan. They are similar but two different models.

filbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filbie

How does this knife open?
I'm having a hard time seeing that feature in the photos and in the video review that was posted.

nekojan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nekojan

Just get myself one for the zombie attack
Now I wonder if it's legal to walk around with this size of pocket knife?

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

Bought one of each and used my JumboWoot coupon bringing it to $20 for two. One will be a X-mas gift, the other will be mine.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

alphaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphaf

got one of each.. serrated one to take with me mtn biking and a straight edge for keeping in my car or on me.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 25 Private Messages gusvonpooch

I live in New York,anyone know if I can buy one of these? Maaaahaaaa!

gnatbean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gnatbean
houndawg wrote:The clip is on the wrong end.

This knife does have the clip on the wrong end. If you have this clipped in your pocket and you reach in to pull it out you then have to spin it around dangerously in your fingers or use your other hand to turn it around before you can open it.
Don't anyone say it is safer this way either because no knife that might pop open in your pocket is reasonable.

noname70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noname70

Why won't you ship to NY state?

knocka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knocka
Bubba Bo Bob Brainielucy wrote:Same here, but i'm in Buffalo...I've purchased many knives from WOOT in the past...did the laws change recently? Another reason to HATE NYS!!!

I'm in Buffalo too. Was all set to get three of these. It's not like the knife is outlawed here. You can go to the flea market to get ones like these.

Oh well.

BR3AlX3R

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BR3AlX3R

Cheaper to actually buy it from the parent company directly since you get free shipping if you are buying something else to get to $25 or have Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River-Knife-6470-Pazoda/dp/B001DZR4NC/ref=pd_sbs_op_1

dcsend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcsend

Seems like NO ONE in NY can buy these knives. If the issue is living too close to NYC, I live 6 hours away!!! Huge bummer. Was in for 3 as gifts

lmsieu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmsieu

That sucks that you guys in NY can't receive these. Time to talk with your legislature! Even in the People's Republic of California I can get these shipped to me.

Lily
and the dog.

TheAndrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheAndrew
gnatbean wrote:This knife does have the clip on the wrong end. If you have this clipped in your pocket and you reach in to pull it out you then have to spin it around dangerously in your fingers or use your other hand to turn it around before you can open it.
Don't anyone say it is safer this way either because no knife that might pop open in your pocket is reasonable.

I don't get it... gravity would do better at keeping this knife closed rather than having the clip at the other end. Also, when removing the knife from your pocket there is no way to get it caught or snagged causing it to open accidentally. The clip is where it is supposed in my opinion.

kenosha01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenosha01
nekojan wrote:Just get myself one for the zombie attack
Now I wonder if it's legal to walk around with this size of pocket knife?

Federal law states 3.5" is the legal carry length of a blade(blade not including handle) and most states modify it by allowing longer, smaller or all togther illegal carry size. CO allows 3.5" where as MN is 4". So it all depends on where u live. I find a 3"-3.5" blade the most useful as its long enough to do everything from cutting boxes, digging in the garden or cutting fruit. It's also not so intimidating to people when you need to whip it out to open things. Hope that helps. btw, when will woot do a spyderco sale? I'd like to get one for my dad.

first2summit

quality posts: 8 Private Messages first2summit
gnatbean wrote:This knife does have the clip on the wrong end. If you have this clipped in your pocket and you reach in to pull it out you then have to spin it around dangerously in your fingers or use your other hand to turn it around before you can open it.

Sorry but the safety argument is flawed as it's not going to open accidentally given the mechanism and weight of the blade and gravity will keep the closed. If anything with your gravity argument, with the tip up, the blade is more prone to open than a tip down knife.

The real reason is what you describe - having to rotate the blade around but you've greatly exaggerated the situation. It's hardly dangerous and you're not going to switch hands because you'll pull the knife out with your dominant hand.

Basically, it's more convenient and more tactically ready to use with "tip-up."

first2summit

quality posts: 8 Private Messages first2summit
kenosha01 wrote:Federal law states 3.5" is the legal carry length of a blade(blade not including handle) and most states modify it by allowing longer, smaller or all togther illegal carry size. CO allows 3.5" where as MN is 4". So it all depends on where u live. I find a 3"-3.5" blade the most useful as its long enough to do everything from cutting boxes, digging in the garden or cutting fruit. It's also not so intimidating to people when you need to whip it out to open things. Hope that helps. btw, when will woot do a spyderco sale? I'd like to get one for my dad.

There are federal laws on this? I've only seen states' laws on legal blade lengths.

kenosha01

first2summit wrote:There are federal laws on this? I've only seen states' laws on legal blade lengths.

Oops I'm sorry you're right. Blade length is governed by state law. Federal law bans/governs switchblades and gravity knives that some assisted openings go under. Anyhow that conversation came jumbled up many times together.

kenosha01

first2summit wrote:Sorry but the safety argument is flawed as it's not going to open accidentally given the mechanism and weight of the blade and gravity will keep the closed. If anything with your gravity argument, with the tip up, the blade is more prone to open than a tip down knife.

The real reason is what you describe - having to rotate the blade around but you've greatly exaggerated the situation. It's hardly dangerous and you're not going to switch hands because you'll pull the knife out with your dominant hand.

Basically, it's more convenient and more tactically ready to use with "tip-up."

Agreed, never had a knife with that opening mechanism open accidentally in my pocket.