RoamingDragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RoamingDragon

I was about to purchase 3 till it was pointed out it is tip down only.

I have my spyderco that I like tip-up and inside right pocket. Very convenient.

I would not say it is "unsafe" though the way this knife is set up, just inconvenient.

Someone asked about opening method, the loop in the pictures is for your thumb to sweep and open the knife manually.

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger

Please don't tell me I should move from my home state of over 50 years when I am trying to ascertain the reasoning behind woot's unwillingness to ship to addresses which do not appear to have any restrictions against the purchase of this knife. That's just silly, and kind of rude. I just want to know what the justification is, and the woot staffers have been strangely silent on this today.

T

MystK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MystK
jsoko wrote:$9.49
Buy It Now
+ shipping
on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRKT-6470-PAZODA-II-FOLDING-KNIFE-RAZOR-EDGE-LINERLOCK-w-CLIP-8CR14MoV-SS-NEW-/120953559001?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item1c2964d7d9

This is also the smaller version of the one being sold here. Not the same model.

bogus

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bogus

I kinda want one, but cheap black knives are notorious for the coating rubbing off quickly and easily. Can anyone speak to the durability of these, is it gonna look horrible after a few months of light to moderate use?

mikejmartino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikejmartino

I agree. I have bought knives without a problem but now I am missing out on all these deals. I am 150 miles from NYC. Please fix this Woot!

rjsdad wrote:Dear Woot,

Please have someone from legal review your shipping policies to the greater NY area. If you want to outlaw shipping to NYC that is fine, but holding out on almost everyone upstate and on Long Island is unnecessary and costing you business.

I can buy the same knife from your parent company (Amazon) and ship it to my door without any legal problems what so ever.

On behalf of almost every NY wooter.

Sincerely,

This guy.

PS - out of the zip codes in NY that you DO actually ship to, it includes two towns/cities that border queens, but not ones 50+ miles away.

lucianato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucianato
kmacocker wrote:For you NY people.
Move to KY!! No knife or helmet laws!! Just a few dry counties!! ;-)

Who in their right mind wouldn't wear a helmet these days while on a motorcycle or any motorized bike for that matter?? We all know motorcyclists aren't the problem. It's the other drivers on the road or random cows/livestock in the road or other small animals that may scamper across the roadway. I'm glad there's a helmet law where I live!! I'll pay $100-300 for a helmet if it'll keep me from becoming a vegetable or halfwit! And so we continue to talk about the knife...

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
lucianato wrote:Who in their right mind wouldn't wear a helmet these days while on a motorcycle or any motorized bike for that matter?? We all know motorcyclists aren't the problem. It's the other drivers on the road or random cows/livestock in the road or other small animals that may scamper across the roadway. I'm glad there's a helmet law where I live!! I'll pay $100-300 for a helmet if it'll keep me from becoming a vegetable or halfwit! And so we continue to talk about the knife...

It's about that singularly American concept of having the right to do a thing, whether one ought or not, whether one need or not.

connorgodfrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connorgodfrey
vladistov wrote:It's about that singularly American concept of having the right to do a thing, whether one ought or not, whether one need or not.

AMEN

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

The hole in the knife is also a blood dripper. That way blood doesn't thicken up on your blade.

that was fun while it lasted!

mudman2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudman2007

All the screws in this knife will fall out in short order rendering it totally worthless when you need it most.Pass unless you are planing to sell parts.CRKT has been nothing but .50 cent Chinese junk for decades.

ranscobia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ranscobia

In for 3 just because I do not live in NY.

mudman2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudman2007
lucianato wrote:Who in their right mind wouldn't wear a helmet these days while on a motorcycle or any motorized bike for that matter?? We all know motorcyclists aren't the problem. It's the other drivers on the road or random cows/livestock in the road or other small animals that may scamper across the roadway. I'm glad there's a helmet law where I live!! I'll pay $100-300 for a helmet if it'll keep me from becoming a vegetable or halfwit! And so we continue to talk about the knife...

Minnesota has no helmet law but requires use of a seatbelt in a cage.Guess only bikers are allowed to be legally suicidal.

rjsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsdad
dennycrane wrote:Would be interesting to see what zip codes in NY you could actually ship to. That would be a better list.

Elmont and Floral Park based on my looking.

I was able to ship it to my uncle's business in Elmont.

:-/

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

In for 3. These are unbelievable technology for $12/each delivered. Go just try to buy the raw materials for this price. Then try to machine.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
mudman2007 wrote:All the screws in this knife will fall out in short order rendering it totally worthless when you need it most.Pass unless you are planing to sell parts.CRKT has been nothing but .50 cent Chinese junk for decades.

Thank you..... I spent a good ten seconds trying to squish the bug that kept running down into and back out of the bezel at the edge of my LCD...

drew_san

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drew_san

Received my Pazoda today and it's a good looking knife. The action isn't as smooth as some others I've owned the the edge is pedestrian at best. You can expect to sharpen this blade out of the box. PRO: small, light, good lookin' and deep pocket clip. CON: moderate/dull profile on blade.