3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
CRKT Pazoda Folding Knife
$9.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

if you're a TNPer you may have heard of this guy, or maybe you're a TheHossUSMCer... who knows. whatever the case....

Here's a review.
TheLateBoyScout

rantng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rantng

Can't ship to my zip code (NYC)

ahamling27

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahamling27

$24 + $6 shipping for the straight blade on Amazon sold by Adventurer's Bag, but there are no reviews.

$23 + free shipping for the serrated blade on Amazon, sold by GrabAGun, also no reviews.

This is the link to the straight edge version: http://www.amazon.com/Pazoda-8Cr14MoV-Stainless-Titanium-Nitride/dp/B005GTMR8I

And the serrated version: http://www.amazon.com/CRKT-PAZODA-2-6-CMBO-BLK/dp/B002E6X6RM

sfstone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfstone

Some good in-depth reviews on youtube for those who are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJuD2d3kVTc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18aa7sU1i1Q

Abagadro

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Abagadro

Seems to be cheaper on Amazon if you have prime. Is this a different model?

http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River-Knife-6470-Pazoda/dp/B001DZR4NC

[MOD: That's the 6470 (small). We're selling the 6480 & 6490 (large).]

overslacked

quality posts: 2 Private Messages overslacked

I've had two CRKT knives, both the M16 Z model (http://www.crkt.com/M1603Z; lost the first) ... while a little over 2 1/2" seems to me like it might be too short a blade for an everyday/utility knife, this is an outstanding value if that'll work for you.

cornellbigred

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cornellbigred
Abagadro wrote:Seems to be cheaper on Amazon if you have prime. Is this a different model?

Yes, that is a different model (Pazoda vs. Pazoda 2). I think the only difference between the two is the size, Pagoda 2 being smaller in length.

ahamling27

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahamling27
Abagadro wrote:Seems to be cheaper on Amazon if you have prime. Is this a different model?

Yes, that knife is 3" long folded, while this model is about 3 3/4" long. The blade is longer on the woot model.

And I was ninja'd by a Mod and cornellbigred, maybe I need to look closer!

cornellbigred

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cornellbigred
cornellbigred wrote:Yes, that is a different model (Pazoda vs. Pazoda 2). I think the only difference between the two is the size, Pagoda 2 being smaller in length.

source:

http://www.crkt.com/Pazoda

http://www.crkt.com/Pazoda-2-Razor-Sharp-Edge-Smaller-model

rjsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsdad

Dear Woot,

Please have someone from legal review your shipping policies to the greater NY area. If you want to outlaw shipping to NYC that is fine, but holding out on almost everyone upstate and on Long Island is unnecessary and costing you business.

I can buy the same knife from your parent company (Amazon) and ship it to my door without any legal problems what so ever.

On behalf of almost every NY wooter.

Sincerely,

This guy.

PS - out of the zip codes in NY that you DO actually ship to, it includes two towns/cities that border queens, but not ones 50+ miles away.

Abagadro

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Abagadro
Abagadro wrote:

[MOD: That's the 6470 (small). We're selling the 6480 & 6490 (large).]

Thanks for the clarification.

stealth658

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stealth658
rjsdad wrote:Dear Woot,

Please have someone from legal review your shipping policies to the greater NY area. If you want to outlaw shipping to NYC that is fine, but holding out on almost everyone upstate and on Long Island is unnecessary and costing you business.

I can buy the same knife from your parent company (Amazon) and ship it to my door without any legal problems what so ever.

Sincerely,

This guy.

PS - out of the zip codes in NY that you DO actually ship to, it includes two towns/cities that border queens, but not ones 50+ miles away.

qft

MaimeDaifuku

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MaimeDaifuku

These are just like the Kershaws that woot was selling a few weeks ago (a few days ago on sellout), albeit shorter and lighter.

The only big design difference would be that the Kershaws have a thumb stud as opposed to the blade hole which allows for one handed opening (although the Kershaw needed some shrink tubing/ rubber over the stud because it comes out of the box way too sharp and was tearing up my thumb)

tpfortin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tpfortin
bookofjoshua wrote:if you're a TNPer you may have heard of this guy, or maybe you're a TheHossUSMCer... who knows. whatever the case....

Here's a review.
TheLateBoyScout

Thanks for posting the review. Man, does that guy like to hear himself talk though!! :o

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
bookofjoshua wrote:if you're a TNPer you may have heard of this guy, or maybe you're a TheHossUSMCer... who knows. whatever the case....

Here's a review.
TheLateBoyScout

Thanks for the video link. Made my decision for me. At the end he mentions how it's not very sharp. The Vapor IIIs that I bought were not very sharp out of the box either. Very disappointing. I'll stick with my Kershaw Ken Onion Leek, that thing was sharp from day 1 and remains sharp three years later.

labrat0017

quality posts: 9 Private Messages labrat0017

That pocket clip! It's so deep! I'm having a pocket-clip love-moment right now. Plus this blade is legal in Delaware. Those together make this a perfect work knife for me. I am so loving this knife thing that Woot has going, and I think this one is my favorite one so far. That pocket clip! and the thumb hole for minimal finger damage combined with the size make this a solidly functional EDC knife.

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande

Would it be useful in a Zombie attack?

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger

Sincerely,

This guy.

This. I don't understand why you cannot ship it to my town which is over 100 miles away from NYC. The laws outside of NYC do not preclude folding knives such as this, unless I am missing something. And, you know, I don't even want one, but it still is very strange.

T

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
mevande wrote:Would it be useful in a Zombie attack?

It's a pretty small blade, so only if you intend on reaching inside the zombie to finish stabbing it to actual death.

ths55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ths55

I would like to know where it's made and haven't seen anything.

strandedinvegas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages strandedinvegas
bookofjoshua wrote:It's a pretty small blade, so only if you intend on reaching inside the zombie to finish stabbing it to actual death.

I have a Benchmade for that..

Ron Larson

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
ths55 wrote:I would like to know where it's made and haven't seen anything.

CRKT knives are made in various countries and this one is made in China. It is very comparable in quality to the Kershaw knives woot has been offering over the past few weeks but personally, at his level of quality/price, I prefer the CRKT knives. On the price here at Woot today, it is just under average DEALER COST so, it is a pretty good buy. When you add the $5 shipping and you are only getting one, you are paying about what a discounted price would be on the knife. With paying only one S&H a person buying several for gifts say, would be doing well price wise and even made in China, this is a decent and usable knife.

On blocking shipping to all of NY the writer that states it is legal in his area could easily be correct and Woot, you could be costing yourself sales. I ship items all the time to a great deal of NY state that I can not and will not ship to the city. OH, NYCity, you just have to love Bloomburg for being such a great nanny and protecting all of you so. lol

toxeia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toxeia

I'm not a knife guy, but with how easily concealed this one is with that deep clip I'm interested. Only problem is I don't know if I want the straight edge or serrated. Can someone sell me on either?

nyisless13

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nyisless13

Sincerely,

This guy.

Great post, but as all the other recent knife sales have shown, it's futile - woot staff is clearly either not reading these posts or simply doesn't care about losing thousands of dollars in sales for no reason.

As someone who has spent more money here than I'd like to find out, I have to say that woot's seemingly-infallible star has faded quite a bit recently IMO. Factor in the over-expansion, lack of input from the staff (which used to be a strong point here), and this ridiculous restriction that has no basis in reality, and you have a recipe for failure.

Wasting my breath here, but I'll say it one last time: there is NO legal reason not to ship knives to 99% of the zipcodes on the NY list. If you don't want to take my word, please get a second opinion from someone who actually knows NY law and update accordingly.

jlagraff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jlagraff

I'm over 200 miles from NYC, closer to Toronto, still no shipping for me. I'm so frustrated I want to cut something. The doe are running and it's almost knife season here in Northern NY!

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex
toxeia wrote:I'm not a knife guy, but with how easily concealed this one is with that deep clip I'm interested. Only problem is I don't know if I want the straight edge or serrated. Can someone sell me on either?

The clip would still be visible so it would depend on observational skills.

Straight or serrated depends on the intended use of the tool. I will add some people say it's harder to sharpen a serrated blade, but I don't have that problem.

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95
toxeia wrote:I'm not a knife guy, but with how easily concealed this one is with that deep clip I'm interested. Only problem is I don't know if I want the straight edge or serrated. Can someone sell me on either?

I share the same, not a knife guy, but for the price of one at regular price you get two and virtually free shipping!!! - in for two, one of each.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

I don't have a problem with Woot! cautiously proceeding with its shipping restrictions; my problem is with the legislation. Honestly, problem-states need to be punished by people leaving them. Yes, I'm in one of them, and when I have the opportunity to move out, I'm headed to one of the states more deserving of my taxes; one of the states who feels it's their job to uphold the Constitution, and not dismantle it.

Back to the knife, looks like another Spyderco trademark work-around. Can anyone comment on how the thumb-hole compares? I admit, my dislike for thumb-studs is one of the primary reasons Spyderco has gotten so much of my business. I've yet to try any of these alternative designs.

houndawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages houndawg

The clip is on the wrong end.

rustybender

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rustybender

Serrated or not depends on your intended use. Are you going to be sawing through things? Go serrated. No sawing? Go straight.

I rarely use the serrations on the serrated knives I own.

kmacocker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmacocker

For you NY people.
Move to KY!! No knife or helmet laws!! Just a few dry counties!! ;-)

GreatestOne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GreatestOne

I think I'd want a minimum of a samurai sword length for zombies... somehow I dont think they care about the concealability of your weapon.

olearyl3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olearyl3

I am also in NY...Upstate actually. My town borders Canada on the northeast of NY. I am extremely unsatisfied with the fact that I can not have this shipped to me! It would have made a nice stocking stuffer for all 4 of my boys! Really Woot!, look into this!

photosurrealism

quality posts: 1 Private Messages photosurrealism

The industry is way ahead of you: http://www.browning.com/library/pressreleases/detail.asp?bg=x&id=268

It's real and available in sporting goods stores.

tdhartley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdhartley

Why can't I purchase this item. I live in upstate rural NY. Woot please fix this!!!!!

nanaejt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nanaejt

Woot can you put on a "NY Whine" filter just for today. Hard to get info on the product with all the NY folks sobbing as they are.

Dickielucy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dickielucy
rantng wrote:Can't ship to my zip code (NYC)

Same here, but i'm in Buffalo...I've purchased many knives from WOOT in the past...did the laws change recently? Another reason to HATE NYS!!!

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95
Bubba Bo Bob Brainielucy wrote:Same here, but i'm in Buffalo...I've purchased many knives from WOOT in the past...did the laws change recently? Another reason to HATE NYS!!!

Have Woot ship it to a friend or family out of the state and then they can ship it to you. It will be extra shipping but at least you can buy it.