WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

30 Pins to Freedom

Ever sit out on your loading dock wearing your Dockers -joined by just your daschunds and your doctors - and think, "I could sure use a dock for my iPhone4(s)!" Well, we can help!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Accessories for those not getting the latest and greatest iPhone! Reviews on these, anyone?

I'm just hanging out, really.

civictyper30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages civictyper30
inkycatz wrote:Accessories for those not getting the latest and greatest iPhone! Reviews on these, anyone?

I just received my Sony dock. Ooh my gawd, the bass is ridiculous LOL. The clarity coming out of the speakers is also amazing! Trebles come out crisp, played songs ranging from pure instramental/classical to grunge heavy metal. For the price it's an awesome deal. Now I'm just paranoid of my neighbors haha. I atleast can hear the bass from my master bedroom to the bathroom OVER the shower head while i'm in it. That should give you some idea on the bass and i've done equalizer adjustments to reduce the bass only out of sheer paranoia :P. I'd have to say if I was in my old house, would have been a non-issue. Did I mention the bass is strong? :D

FYI I have mine sitting on a nightstand in the corner of my room, not sure if that makes the bass kick more off the walls or not, but the Sony was a great buy for me.

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

how come this isn't called 30 pin to extermination? or something more clever?

30-pin duck bowling never was so good!
30-pin never felt as good as 9-pin
30-pim, quick as lightning!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
civictyper30 wrote:I just received my Sony dock. Ooh my gawd, the bass is ridiculous LOL. The clarity coming out of the speakers is also amazing! Trebles come out crisp, played songs ranging from pure instramental/classical to grunge heavy metal. For the price it's an awesome deal. Now I'm just paranoid of my neighbors haha. I atleast can hear the bass from my master bedroom to the bathroom OVER the shower head while i'm in it. That should give you some idea on the bass and i've done equalizer adjustments to reduce the bass only out of sheer paranoia :P. I'd have to say if I was in my old house, would have been a non-issue. Did I mention the bass is strong? :D

FYI I have mine sitting on a nightstand in the corner of my room, not sure if that makes the bass kick more off the walls or not, but the Sony was a great buy for me.

What model Sony dock? There's two of them.

jbarnes85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbarnes85
jiggersgreen wrote:What model Sony dock? There's two of them.

I'd guess the RDPX500IP model which was on sale for the same price last week. :-)

Mine was for a Christmas present so I can't vouch for its performance.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Who taught you those new tricks?
Sorry, couldn't resist. 40 oz to freedom is the best album ever.

pfffft!

stevedewberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevedewberry

Does this speaker, not the remote, have a large lithium ion battery, such that I can unplug it from AC and use it, or does it have to be plugged in to AC all the time?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stevedewberry wrote:Does this speaker, not the remote, have a large lithium ion battery, such that I can unplug it from AC and use it, or does it have to be plugged in to AC all the time?

Which item are you referring to?

I think all these have the battery in the remote and require AC but I can look further if you can tell me which item.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ronhsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronhsmith

Shouldn't the packaging use a greater than sign as opposed to the not equal to sign it has now? This says one remote is not equal to three. They could have said our one remote is greater than three remotes.

Just saying.

fireinside2288

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fireinside2288

I recently received my iHome Portable Stereo Rechargeable Alarm Clock FM Radio for 30-pin iPhone/iPod iP45 and so far I'm kinda disappointed..
1st.it said compatible with an iPhone 4, even on there website manual it says it.BUT ITS NOT!! it came with 3 docs all of witch did not fit it... The closest one I'm guessing MIGHT of been it, but it couldn't connect properly, you had to hold it down at a certain angle.. so to use it, I have to use it with no doc, witch I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on that manual its not recommended due to breaking the insert or damaging your phone/iPod.
2nd thing. at first the sound was awesome for the size! I turned it up to 40(its max) just once to hear I was like nice.. very loud, no reason to really ever have it that loud though.. but just yesterday I was listening to it,(volume around 32) and I started hearing this weird sound coming from the speakers, it only was bad on songs with a lot of bass, I had to turn it down to 26 to not hear that sound or take the chance to damage the speakers even further if that's what the noise I'm hearing is.
3rd thing is minor but my phone didn't sync to it, I had to set the time manually.BUT I could still use the remote to change songs on Pandora WITCH IS AWESOME

so that's my 2 cents. I have tried emailing them, and calling about the doc, and also tried calling tech support about the sound.I couldn't really get through to tech support. but with the doc problem they just told me I have to buy a doc for it..Great right?? not very customer service if you ask me.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fireinside2288 wrote:I recently received my iHome Portable Stereo Rechargeable Alarm Clock FM Radio for 30-pin iPhone/iPod iP45 and so far I'm kinda disappointed..
1st.it said compatible with an iPhone 4, even on there website manual it says it.BUT ITS NOT!! it came with 3 docs all of witch did not fit it... The closest one I'm guessing MIGHT of been it, but it couldn't connect properly, you had to hold it down at a certain angle.. so to use it, I have to use it with no doc, witch I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on that manual its not recommended due to breaking the insert or damaging your phone/iPod.
2nd thing. at first the sound was awesome for the size! I turned it up to 40(its max) just once to hear I was like nice.. very loud, no reason to really ever have it that loud though.. but just yesterday I was listening to it,(volume around 32) and I started hearing this weird sound coming from the speakers, it only was bad on songs with a lot of bass, I had to turn it down to 26 to not hear that sound or take the chance to damage the speakers even further if that's what the noise I'm hearing is.
3rd thing is minor but my phone didn't sync to it, I had to set the time manually.BUT I could still use the remote to change songs on Pandora WITCH IS AWESOME

so that's my 2 cents. I have tried emailing them, and calling about the doc, and also tried calling tech support about the sound.I couldn't really get through to tech support. but with the doc problem they just told me I have to buy a doc for it..Great right?? not very customer service if you ask me.

We're sorry you've experienced such frustration! You may wish as your next step to contact us, well, service@woot.com for some help.

Thank you for the update, though.

I'm just hanging out, really.

schmoppa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmoppa

FYI: Sony RDPX500IP compatibility chart

Inputs and Outputs

Audio In : Audio In jack (3.5 mm stereo minijack)
Digital Audio Input(s) : Works with:
iPhone®
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iiPhone 4S
iPod® classic
iPod nano® 2nd, 3rd (video), 4th (video), 5th (video camera), and 6th generation
iPod touch® 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation
iPad 1st and 2nd generation.
Input(s) : iPod 30-pin Interface

stevedewberry

ThunderThighs wrote:Which item are you referring to?

I think all these have the battery in the remote and require AC but I can look further if you can tell me which item.

stevedewberry

ThunderThighs wrote:Which item are you referring to?

stevedewberry

stevedewberry wrote:

I am referring to the Sony RDPX500IP Premium Speaker Dock.
Does it have a lithium battety in it (not in the remote control), such as the Altec Lansing speaakers I have purchased on Woot, and similar to the excellent Bose speaker for iPods?

Sakusami

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sakusami

It kind of bothers me that 67% of the people who bought the JBL speakers bought 3. To me, this screams that people are taking advantage of WooT to resell products. Why not let the others who will use the product get the deal and allow WooT to be used for what it is normally inteded for; to provide a single great product, daily, to a wider base at a very affoordable cost.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stevedewberry wrote:I am referring to the Sony RDPX500IP Premium Speaker Dock.
Does it have a lithium battety in it (not in the remote control), such as the Altec Lansing speaakers I have purchased on Woot, and similar to the excellent Bose speaker for iPods?

That one has no battery in the unit itself. It requires the AC adapter to work.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
jeeperwoot wrote:how come this isn't called 30 pin to extermination? or something more clever?

30-pin duck bowling never was so good!
30-pin never felt as good as 9-pin
30-pim, quick as lightning!

Not a sublime listener i take it...

pfffft!

eno45

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eno45

Just received both of my Onkyo iOnly docks. Quick summary, great solid build quality. Sound is great for a dock with bass enhance off. I find the bass enhance feature should be used more for low volumes to fill in the low notes only. While cranking it up louder it sounds the best without the bass feature and still has decent punch, adding the bass does make it sound a bit muddy. Bought these for my young kids, I wanted quality audio to hook up old Gen2 Ipod Touch so they could have sleeptime music and sound effects. A tad bit overkill sure , talk about the sweet alarm clock radio. I like that I can hit the power button on the dock and it picks up where the music left off. Both Ipods with their DLC cases fit on the dock no issue, my Gen1 Ipad with OEM sleeve fit as well.

For the $87ea shipped price I liked them so much I now ordered a 3rd for our bedroom even though we have Galaxy S2 phones which we will use with AUX input.

For those that want clean sound at low to med/high levels this dock sure does sound great for the price and looks great in build quality. Filled our open floor plan home with very clean sound. Worth it for me to buy a third.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I received the L5 Remote today and I already have put it to great use.

I now have 6 remotes on my iPhone!

that was fun while it lasted!