WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gerber Multi Tools

Honey, I have the GREATEST idea for the kids' stocking stuffers. Saw blades and wire cutters! Now I know what you're thinking, but they're made by Gerber, the most trusted name in baby gear ever. Oh wait. I see what happened here. It’s not the same Gerber. Well don’t I feel silly. Still, you think maybe … no, of course not.
Gerber Gear official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

A good multitool is essential. Which of these fits your style?

I'm just hanging out, really.

apocryphea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apocryphea

Ah for crying out loud, out of stock the moment I see it again

mullse01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mullse01
apocryphea wrote:Ah for crying out loud, out of stock the moment I see it again

Tell me about it! I've been trying to grab the Pro Scout w/ toolkit for ages! I think it's finally time to bite the bullet and just but it for slightly more on Amazon...

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy
mullse01 wrote:Tell me about it! I've been trying to grab the Pro Scout w/ toolkit for ages! I think it's finally time to bite the bullet and just but it for slightly more on Amazon...

The two good ones were sold out in five minutes. I think they were trying to snag some impulse buyers.

Done and done! ;)

jinya1004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinya1004
skispeakeasy wrote:The two good ones were sold out in five minutes. I think they were trying to snag some impulse buyers.

I passed on these when I saw the difference from Amazon. Yes, it may be a 50% discount from MSRP, but its only a 12% discount from normal internet pricing.

nighteyes5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nighteyes5

The Bluntman Black tools are what I was issued by the U.S. Army about 9 years ago. We beat the ever-loving heck out of the things and they worked like a charm, the only major downside is that there is a serrated straight blade instead of an actual saw like on many Leatherman brand tools.

They sold out fast for good reason. Still worth the price at full cost. Also recommend the Gerber 'Profile' knife as a very reliable and solid blade

rueli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rueli
apocryphea wrote:Ah for crying out loud, out of stock the moment I see it again

Same here! I keep looking out for these to replace my rusty one and they always sell out of the one I need before I take my daily glance.

I blame my cousin for telling me about this site...

davegong

quality posts: 3 Private Messages davegong

Which one of these would you guys recommend for the average joe? All these models seem confusing.

carlosbflores

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlosbflores

eh, cheaper with prime.

boxmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages boxmonkey
skispeakeasy wrote:The two good ones were sold out in five minutes. I think they were trying to snag some impulse buyers.

Which ones are the good ones? Missed out last time because I spent too much time trying to figure out what all the differences were...

rjsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsdad

Hey Woot, these things have a bladed edge, so no shipping to NY right?
:-/

ronyon1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronyon1

I went for the Grappler as it is unique since it has locking pliers. This will be my fourth Gerber Multitool. They have all been great and I think Gerber makes the best ones out there. Too bad Gerber moved all of their blade production outside of the USA. Kinda killed their knife line for me. Will stick with their multitools though! I wish Spyderco would come out with some multitools! They would be awesome!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rjsdad wrote:Hey Woot, these things have a bladed edge, so no shipping to NY right?
:-/

I don't see a restriction on the sale so it appears it is ok.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bowlingb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages bowlingb
I lost a hand in a tragic bowling accident.

Hey, that's not funny.

icrf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages icrf

I've had the Pro Scout (sans toolkit) on my hip every day for 15 years. I feel naked without it, like I lost my wallet or keys.

I've managed to chip the flat head screwdrivers prying things I shouldn't have, but that's the only thing wrong with it. I've used it as a hammer, a pick axe, and even cut down a 4" tree when someone convinced me to go somewhere I couldn't get out of in my truck. The single-handed, wrist-flick slide open makes it very easy to be very useful. I recommend.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg

"HAD" the multi-plier 600. Not something I would bet my life on. Not very sturdy and blades, bits break easy. After a couple years, it was like a GM product from the 80's. You didn't know what was going to break next and you couldn't depend on it to start... and it felt like it was coming apart in your hands. Then Gerber said it was not their falt. I'll stick to leatherman knives. They are issue now and hold up to abuse.

ANd just like ICRF, I had the same issue plus the saw wore out. The metal used is just too soft for heavy use. But looks pretty in the pictures. Just saying.

TC1 USCG Ret

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95
ThunderThighs wrote:I don't see a restriction on the sale so it appears it is ok.

That's the loophole as this is a "multitool" device - if it would had been a Gerber "KNIFE", then it would be a no go. It's all about semantics.

yubamatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yubamatt

I have 2 Gerber's , a SOG or 2, and a Leatherman.

SOG wins on strength, and I'm havig trouble trusting Gerber. It's getting harder to find U.S. made gerbers as they're going "international" - which means CHINA.

I'll buy when they state the country of origin.

mhearon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhearon

It has been nine days and still no shipping or tracking number. What gives Woot!? Am I getting a Flick or not?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mhearon wrote:It has been nine days and still no shipping or tracking number. What gives Woot!? Am I getting a Flick or not?

Hi there!
If you click on support above or mail service@woot.com, they'll be able to address your question better.

I'm just hanging out, really.