WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Apple 8GB iPod touch (4th Generation)

Speed to First Woot:
1m 23.881s
First Sucker:
nikyboy15
Last Wooter to Woot:
inaniae
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 30% of Woot.com Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 10% of Woot.com Woots
Top 6% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 28% first woot
  • 10% second woot
  • 30% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 14% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 24% joined today
  • 2% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 14% one year old
  • 57% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 80% bought 1
  • 16% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
1%
1%
0%
1%
3%
6%
9%
12%
9%
7%
6%
5%
5%
5%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
2%
2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


wootalyzer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Apple 8GB iPod touch (4th Generation)
$159.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

AksanSai


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AksanSai

Limited value considering Apple sells a refurb of the same model for $149 (free shipping) http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC540LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-8gb-black. If you don't anything about Apple refurbs, you get a new shell (cover), battery, and glass. Also, you get the same warranty as a brand new unit of one year. I've ordered several refurbished Apple products, look brand new, and are still working today.

[MOD: Our is new w/ a one year warranty.]

room209


quality posts: 6 Private Messages room209

I have this model, and sure it's nice. But it's nothing compared to the new, skinny hotness with the retina display!

akeserla


quality posts: 0 Private Messages akeserla
room209 wrote:I have this model, and sure it's nice. But it's nothing compared to the new, skinny hotness with the retina display!



This has retina display

richard89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages richard89

15 buks in tax? woot fell off hard

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

richard89 wrote:15 buks in tax? woot fell off hard



What state?

Effective September 1, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in Kentucky and Pennsylvania.

Effective September 15, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in California.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pensotroppo


quality posts: 4 Private Messages pensotroppo

4th generation, eh? How does it feel about bow ties?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff



WARRANTY UPDATE !!!


We had the warranty info wrong on the sale initially. These are NEW iPods with a full ONE YEAR Apple warranty.





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

SonovaVondruke


quality posts: 11 Private Messages SonovaVondruke

Is this a leak of the Mini-iPad? Oh My Gookie!!

thailar


quality posts: 3 Private Messages thailar

Finally! Something I can use with all the outdated speakers you guys are selling ;) I feel like a hipster in a record store.

i24u


quality posts: 17 Private Messages i24u

Can u get all the apps from apple on these. Also can u text with it using an app or is there no keyboard to do so?

wootery


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootery

Apple is Ditching these because the latest have the new earpods, still a fair deal.

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/mobile-computing-devices/apple-earpods-144413

Parodius


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Parodius
SonovaVondruke wrote:Is this a leak of the Mini-iPad? Oh My Gookie!!



Wrong. This is the iPad Nano. Next year they will release iPad Shuffle, for people who want an iPad but don't like touchscreens.

amemait


quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait
ThunderThighs wrote:What state?

Effective September 1, 2012,[...] Kentucky and Pennsylvania.

Effective September 15, 2012,[...]California.



Texas. Tax stinks.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

amemait wrote:Texas. Tax stinks.

Oh, Texas started back on July 1, I think. Welcome to the club.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

forbichoff


quality posts: 1 Private Messages forbichoff

lol whats an ipod. this isn't 2003.

happypuppy


quality posts: 6 Private Messages happypuppy
i24u wrote:Can u get all the apps from apple on these. Also can u text with it using an app or is there no keyboard to do so?



Yes, all the Apple apps are available for download from the iTunes store. You can get pretty much the same apps as you would get on an iPhone. And there are several apps that you can get for texting. Keep in mind however that you will need a Wifi connection to send texts using the app. There is a touch keyboard - there are no physical keyboards built into iOS devices like the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. You can think of an iPod touch as an iPhone without the phone capabilities...

Spiky


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
pensotroppo wrote:4th generation, eh? How does it feel about bow ties?



There's an app for that.

k87


quality posts: 3 Private Messages k87
Spiky wrote:There's an app for that.



Is jersey collecting taxes next year with amazon.com or is woot on its own schedule separate of amzn?

k87


quality posts: 3 Private Messages k87
happypuppy wrote:You can think of an iPod touch as an iPhone without the phone capabilities...



i would not be soi sure. didn't the latest iPod touch get a new processor? hiw well with this older gen iPod handle iOS 6 and beyond?

dafees


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dafees
k87 wrote:i would not be soi sure. didn't the latest iPod touch get a new processor? hiw well with this older gen iPod handle iOS 6 and beyond?



I own a 64gb 4th gen iPod Touch and except for the occasional app crashes that will happen no matter what device you are on this 4th gen iPod Touch handles iOS 6 perfectly fine. Anything beyond that though like iOS 7 will probably not be supported.

Oh and you do not need a dedicated texting app because iMessage comes built in for free.

CowboyDann


quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Howdy Folks! Thought I'd stop by and leave some brilliant comments around the woot forums. Brace yourself, because you're going to be blown away by what I have to say! (Unless you heard me say this the last 5 or 6 times this ipod has gone up for sale, then probably not so much)

8GB I wonder how much music that holds. Well lucky you I'm here to tell you.

128 kbps MP3 - 198 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)
192 kbps MP3 - 132 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)
256 kbps MP3 - 99 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)
320 kbps MP3 - 79 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)

morninglark


quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

I currently have a iPhone 3GS which was an upgrade from the first gen iPod touch. I am not impressed with the phone part. Since an iPhone is basically a touch with a phone app--an a pretty bad one at that--I am thinking of dropping cell service and going VoIP. My current VoIP quality (wifi) is better than my phone quality (over the edge as a prepaid). Can anyone comment on the voice quality of VoIP calls on a touch vs an iPhone?

julianowens


quality posts: 0 Private Messages julianowens

Finally going to replace my Sony Walkman!!

julianowens


quality posts: 0 Private Messages julianowens
room209 wrote:I have this model, and sure it's nice. But it's nothing compared to the new, skinny hotness with the retina display!



I never fall for the latest anymore. Not teh lemming.

morninglark


quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark
ThunderThighs wrote:
WARRANTY UPDATE !!!


We had the warranty info wrong on the sale initially. These are NEW iPods with a full ONE YEAR Apple warranty.



These are new? $199 from Apple at this moment. http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch/select_4thgeneration
This link also has the specs, not too different from the 5th gen.

radi0j0hn


quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

One of the best apps for this is "Freebies" from Bitrino. It provides a comprehensive list of the day's FREE programs (ones temporarily made free to boost ratings, etc.)

There are other similar apps, but 3/4 of the stuff I have on my iPod Touch I got for free.

Also, the Hokusai audio recorder/editor is free for the basic version. Nearest thing to Adobe Audition on this platform.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

jcord51


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcord51
amemait wrote:Texas. Tax stinks.


Would you like to compair states, I live in New York, we barely exist on the money we make, and have been paying the tax since the Amazon takeover.

morninglark


quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark
CowboyDann wrote:Howdy Folks! Thought I'd stop by and leave some brilliant comments around the woot forums. Brace yourself, because you're going to be blown away by what I have to say! (Unless you heard me say this the last 5 or 6 times this ipod has gone up for sale, then probably not so much)

8GB I wonder how much music that holds. Well lucky you I'm here to tell you.

128 kbps MP3 - 198 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)
192 kbps MP3 - 132 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)
256 kbps MP3 - 99 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)
320 kbps MP3 - 79 albums (at an estimated 45 minutes per album)



Of the 32gb I have available on my current device, I am using 5.3 gb--and I have a lot of duplicate contacts and apps I am not using. So, the amount of storage you need depends on your usage. The guide Cowboy Dann gave can help you decide. Thanks Dann,

mboss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mboss

This is the line for apps that I stand in right?

mjrauma


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjrauma
jcord51 wrote:Would you like to compair states, I live in New York, we barely exist on the money we make, and have been paying the tax since the Amazon takeover.



Texas has always paid the tax since Woot began, because they were based in Texas. Taxsucks!

morninglark


quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

Ok, I pulled the tigger on this one. Does anyone know if the charger on moffi works with this? It looks like it will.

Since I unlocked free shipping today, any thoughts on the speck iPod cases on sellout woot? They are for the 4th gen right?

soundxli


quality posts: 2 Private Messages soundxli

Apple online still has the best deal (until they run out) at $149 + tax and free shipping for a refurbished black or white at http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_touch/8gb

It is the same as new and you would probably not be able to tell the difference from a brand new one since the refurbishment process is so refined.


[MOD: Just pointing out that ours is new with a full 1-year Apple Warranty]

katfisch


quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfisch

I have one, and it's thin and gorgeous and converted me to Apple devices. It's a micro iPad. Even though I carry an iPhone now (with the same Retina display), I carry this in my shirt pocket too... It's just so danged handy.

jskiver


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskiver

doesn't seem like that great of a deal. you can get this on amazon for $175 and free shipping. am i missing something on this "deal?"

Brewser54


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brewser54

Size matters...
From liliputing.com

The 5th-gen iPod touch goes up for pre-order this week and should ship in October. A 32GB model costs $299, while a 64GB model runs $399.


Apple will also offer a cheaper option: The 4th-gen iPod touch. The company is keeping the older models alive, but it’s phasing out the 8GB version.

You can now pick up a 4th generation 16GB iPod touch for $199 or a 32GB model for $249.

Brewser54


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brewser54
morninglark wrote:These are new? $199 from Apple at this moment. http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch/select_4thgeneration
This link also has the specs, not too different from the 5th gen.



There is an important difference between the one here on WOOT! and the one at the Apple store - This is an 8GB for $159, store is a 16GB for $199

soundxli


quality posts: 2 Private Messages soundxli
morninglark wrote:Ok, I pulled the tigger on this one. Does anyone know if the charger on moffi works with this? It looks like it will.

Since I unlocked free shipping today, any thoughts on the speck iPod cases on sellout woot? They are for the 4th gen right?



Yes they are for the 4th gen. I'm not sure why it is not mentioned anywhere in the ad but the Speck cases at http://sellout.woot.com/offers/ipod-touch-case-3-pack are for the 4th gen iPod. I know because I bought some the last time around. They do not come with screen protectors, and note that they will pinch the screen protector if it is very close to the edge.

SumDuud


quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud
morninglark wrote:I currently have a iPhone 3GS which was an upgrade from the first gen iPod touch. I am not impressed with the phone part. Since an iPhone is basically a touch with a phone app--an a pretty bad one at that--I am thinking of dropping cell service and going VoIP. My current VoIP quality (wifi) is better than my phone quality (over the edge as a prepaid). Can anyone comment on the voice quality of VoIP calls on a touch vs an iPhone?



I suppose I can understand why having a 3 year old phone with an OS that is built to leave much to be desired from the performance of that particular device might leave you dissatisfied. As to your question, the quality should be fine. I didn't think the touches came with microphones, but reading the description, I have to guess they changed that sometime when I wasn't looking (really that could have been any time since the touch was released.) You should noticed a significant improvement in performance in a newere touch vs your 3GS.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.