WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Moderate Your TV

Aristotle proposed that all things contain a "golden mean" between insufficiency and surfeit. In other words: You want to choose the porridge that's just right. Choose a TV that's big enough to enjoy without seeming like you're showing off.

ezetsnd


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ezetsnd

VIZIO E321MV
"Refresh Rate: 600Hz "

Is this a plasma?

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Sorry, I was distracted by the monkey. Which TV do you recommend?

I'm just hanging out, really.

megmoves


quality posts: 1 Private Messages megmoves
ezetsnd wrote:VIZIO E321MV
"Refresh Rate: 600Hz "

Is this a plasma?



I was wondering if this was a typo? 60Hz maybe?

clintiv


quality posts: 2 Private Messages clintiv

Is that a TV mount or an iPhone mount? Will it work with my iMac?

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

re: the LG 42LK550 42", there are exactly 2 reviews on Amazon. One loves it, the other rates it poorly d/t of the operation of the apps, in particular YouTube, which makes it sound like LG wasn't all that "smart" in implementing this feature. Wish there were more comments to be had. I have a smaller LG that's a few years old and is doing fine for us, so I'm intrigued by this TV. I will search on for reviews if I get a chance.

brendan948725


quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
InFrom wrote:re: the LG 42LK550 42", there are exactly 2 reviews on Amazon. One loves it, the other rates it poorly d/t of the operation of the apps, in particular YouTube, which makes it sound like LG wasn't all that "smart" in implementing this feature. Wish there were more comments to be had. I have a smaller LG that's a few years old and is doing fine for us, so I'm intrigued by this TV. I will search on for reviews if I get a chance.



I literally have that EXACT TV (got it at Sam's Club last year). The picture is awesome, the SmartTV functionality is awesome, everything is awesome. Plenty of HDMI inputs. Big enough screen. Great speeds. Rich color. Honestly I can't throw this TV enough props. And mine came with a Free Wi-Fi adapter, so it's a wireless SmartTV to boot with no extra cost for the adapter.

WIN WIN WINNERRRRRRR!!!!



*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*


  • Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

  • 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

neebles


quality posts: 1 Private Messages neebles

Im not sure if this is a known fact or not, but just a heads up that Square Trade does NOT offer warranties on refurbished TV's anymore.... I just found out while trying to get one for the TV I just purchased here.

duodec


quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

I would like the monkey to moderate my TV usage. Or moderate a presidential debate (couldn't do any worse job than the last one did).

In any case, I want that monkey. We have a TV.

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

Jfrench0954


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfrench0954

You're right! I bought a tv here last week and was going to wait until it arrived. The option for it no longer exists on Squaretrade. Bummer.

Jfrench0954


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jfrench0954
neebles wrote:Im not sure if this is a known fact or not, but just a heads up that Square Trade does NOT offer warranties on refurbished TV's anymore.... I just found out while trying to get one for the TV I just purchased here.



Just spoke to Square Trade rep. They just changed their policies on refurbs this week (great timing!). Does any Wooters know where else to go and get coverage on a television? I thought $65 extra bucks for 4 years warranty was pretty awesome through ST. Would like to find something similar...

skispeakeasy


quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy
Jfrench0954 wrote:Just spoke to Square Trade rep. They just changed their policies on refurbs this week (great timing!). Does any Wooters know where else to go and get coverage on a television? I thought $65 extra bucks for 4 years warranty was pretty awesome through ST. Would like to find something similar...



Square Trade is still selling a 1 year "Open Box" warranty for $45 http://amzn.com/B002QCGLHQ .

But honestly, warranties on TVs are a waste. Just find a repair guy in the phone book and they will usually fix it for about $80-100, No shipping. They just come to your house and fix it on the spot. That's the same as having a warranty that lasts forever and you only need to pay for it when you need it.


Done and done! ;)

theoneill555


quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Can I just get the monkey?

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

dakillabee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dakillabee

Too late for the VIZIO M320SL. Do any of the other 32" TVs have VIA or ability to stream Netflix/Vudu/Amazon over Wifi? If one should show up...

traquy


quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

Does anyone use one of the wall mounts here? I really want a TV in our bedroom but the ONLY place to put one is to the left, at the foot of the bed on my dresser against the wall and the dresser isn't wide enough to turn a TV more than 27" sideways. I was thinking of using this to mount it above the dresser to pull out and aim at the bed.

daybreaker2f


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daybreaker2f
megmoves wrote:I was wondering if this was a typo? 60Hz maybe?



Definitely a typo: http://store.vizio.com/e321mv.html#techspecs

I'm wondering how good these are as refurbs though? Specifically the E321MV?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

daybreaker2f wrote:Definitely a typo: http://store.vizio.com/e321mv.html#techspecs

I'm wondering how good these are as refurbs though? Specifically the E321MV?



Whooops, looks like we missed the earlier post. Just sent that in for fixing.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sturgidson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sturgidson

Anybody know if the VIZIO E422VLE apps include Amazon instant video streaming...?? It says it has Hulu, Netflix, etc, but no explicit mention of Amazon.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jfrench0954 wrote:Just spoke to Square Trade rep. They just changed their policies on refurbs this week (great timing!). Does any Wooters know where else to go and get coverage on a television? I thought $65 extra bucks for 4 years warranty was pretty awesome through ST. Would like to find something similar...



We've checked with SquareTrade and you can still purchase SquareTrade warranties for refurbished items that we sell by using the link we provide. You must use our link however. If you decide to purchase the warranty a couple days later, go back to the sale (via Stuff You Bought) and use the link on that page.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kirkmartin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirkmartin

do these units have mounting ability in the rear and are the "manufacture refurbished".

valmat14


quality posts: 0 Private Messages valmat14

Has anyone's order shipped yet? Im getting antsy for my TV

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
valmat14 wrote:Has anyone's order shipped yet? Im getting antsy for my TV



Hi there!
It can take up to five business days to ship out. Hope that helps.

I'm just hanging out, really.

wkrieger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkrieger
valmat14 wrote:Has anyone's order shipped yet? Im getting antsy for my TV


I am getting pretty antsy as well. When I bought my desktop from Woot, it shipped on the very last day of the predicted shipping period, and arrived literally at 10:30pm on the final day of the expected arrival period. I was definitely tearing my hair out haha.

DBakes33


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DBakes33

bought the referb LG tv from woot two weeks back... don't do it.

The tv was literally shipped out broken, it came with a large dent in the screen and one of the corners had completely broke off. It was not damaged in shipping because the box was unscathed.

We called and emailed LG as the return instructions mentioned and the they never called back. Crappy company. No response from posting on their facebook page either. Luckily we contacted woot and they promptly responded. Professional group those wooters!


ROGETRAY


quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

DBakes33 wrote:bought the referb LG tv from woot two weeks back... don't do it.

The tv was literally shipped out broken, it came with a large dent in the screen and one of the corners had completely broke off. It was not damaged in shipping because the box was unscathed.

We called and emailed LG as the return instructions mentioned and the they never called back. Crappy company. No response from posting on their facebook page either. Luckily we contacted woot and they promptly responded. Professional group those wooters!



We're sorry to hear you had an unpleasant shipping experience.
Normally, the manufacturers are very helpful in resolving issues and remedying situations such as the one you described.

In instances when they're unable to provide help,we recommend you guys to email in and we do everything we can to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your order and how to find a solution.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

hoffou812


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoffou812

Maybe you should RESTOCK YOUR TV's instead of advertising the ones "out of stock". Seems to be a pattern on the whole site.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hoffou812 wrote:Maybe you should RESTOCK YOUR TV's instead of advertising the ones "out of stock". Seems to be a pattern on the whole site.


We don't restock merchandise like other retailers. We sell a limited number of things and when they're gone, they're gone. All the TVs were in stock when the sale went live 5 days ago.

Plus sales are items that we can't run as our daily sales either because they're a niche item or because of limited quantities.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

timthetortoise


quality posts: 4 Private Messages timthetortoise
megmoves wrote:I was wondering if this was a typo? 60Hz maybe?



Indeed it is a typo. 60Hz according to everywhere else.

spaceball1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceball1
valmat14 wrote:Has anyone's order shipped yet? Im getting antsy for my TV



Nope. Status still says "awaiting shipping". It's been almost a week. Getting a little concerned...

kyleoneal1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyleoneal1

I just got this TV and like the others, it is busted. I don't understand how you package a TV so poorly.

valmat14


quality posts: 0 Private Messages valmat14

Just came home to a door tag from FedEx. I think it is my TV because I haven't purchased anything online that I haven't received yet

atticpaper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages atticpaper

Mine, too, is still "awaiting shipping," and given the speed (and I use that term loosely) of Smartpost, I'll be lucky to get it by Christmas. Would have paid more to get quicker, safer shipping, but alas, that did not appear to be an option.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

atticpaper wrote:Mine, too, is still "awaiting shipping," and given the speed (and I use that term loosely) of Smartpost, I'll be lucky to get it by Christmas. Would have paid more to get quicker, safer shipping, but alas, that did not appear to be an option.



We're sorry to hear that you haven't received your TV order yet. If you're concerned about the progress of your shipment, contact Customer Service by clicking on Support at the top of every page to go to the support form or email service@woot.com. Include your order number for faster service. They will try to answer in 24-48 business hours.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

spaceball1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceball1
atticpaper wrote:Mine, too, is still "awaiting shipping," and given the speed (and I use that term loosely) of Smartpost, I'll be lucky to get it by Christmas. Would have paid more to get quicker, safer shipping, but alas, that did not appear to be an option.



I bet they already debited your account too. Before it shipped.

valmat14


quality posts: 0 Private Messages valmat14

I actually received mine today. Less than a week after purchasing it. Fastest woot delivery ever, other than next day lol.

TV has a few scratches on the back and one of the screws that holds the tv to the base was stripped. Otherwise its great

tarbell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarbell
spaceball1 wrote:Nope. Status still says "awaiting shipping". It's been almost a week. Getting a little concerned...




Mine also still says awaiting shipment. I wonder what the delay is here?

I guess I am just used to amazon prime service....

Gtrain37


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gtrain37
inkycatz wrote:Hi there!
It can take up to five business days to ship out. Hope that helps.



I'm on day 6 (5th business day after my order) and it still hasn't shipped yet. Longest I can remember for any woot order.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Gtrain37 wrote:I'm on day 6 (5th business day after my order) and it still hasn't shipped yet. Longest I can remember for any woot order.


If you don't see any movement by the end of the day, go ahead and contact customer service.

To contact customer service, click on Support at the top of every page to go to the support form or email service@woot.com. Include your order number for faster service. They will try to answer in one to two business days.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spaceball1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceball1

It has been one full week (5 business days) since I placed my order for this TV. The funds have been debited from my account and yet my order is still "awaiting shippment". I contacted Support on Monday, was given a case number and still no response. I'm now out $400+ with no clue when my product will arrive. Judging by the threads above the outcome looks grim.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

spaceball1 wrote:It has been one full week (5 business days) since I placed my order for this TV. The funds have been debited from my account and yet my order is still "awaiting shippment". I contacted Support on Monday, was given a case number and still no response. I'm now out $400+ with no clue when my product will arrive. Judging by the threads above the outcome looks grim.



i'm sorry it's taking so long. CS gets buried during Woot-offs. we do appreciate your patience.



-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.