WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Memory Foam Mattresses

If these walls could talk, am I right? Thankfully they can't, because I've done some things in the comfort of my own home that I would NOT want the general public to know about. This foam mattress, however, it's got a good memory. Something is going to have to be done about it. Turn your head. You don't want to see this.

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Are you a memory foam mattress convert?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

clocked115

quality posts: 3 Private Messages clocked115

We ordered the 10" Queen last time it was on and for those wondering how it feels. The quality is nice as well are the the free pillows that come with it. I was expecting it to be super soft but it's firm like a futon. I'm a side sleeper so I'm slowly getting used to it but my husband is a back sleeper and her loves it. For the money it's good quality if that's what you looking for.

flashburn02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flashburn02
clocked115 wrote:We ordered the 10" Queen last time it was on and for those wondering how it feels. The quality is nice as well are the the free pillows that come with it. I was expecting it to be super soft but it's firm like a futon. I'm a side sleeper so I'm slowly getting used to it but my husband is a back sleeper and her loves it. For the money it's good quality if that's what you looking for.

Are they solid core memory foam or do they have partial memory foam/regular foam cores?

Mowar!

schmucklehead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schmucklehead

Anyone know who makes this mattress? Or is the maker actually called memory foam? I'm trying to find some reviews.

space0matic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages space0matic

here's the deal with these newfangled Memory Foam mattresses- they are FOAM. As is plastic, unbreathable sweat poolers. I had one of these on my 6 year olds' bed, and he sweat out like a hormone infested 14 year old.
You have been warned.

little gray dude

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

No twin or full? I am buying a twin/full bunk for my Mom's spare room for my daughter and I to use when we come visit and we need mattresses for it. I would do this if they had those sizes at these prices.

gisha001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gisha001
space0matic wrote:here's the deal with these newfangled Memory Foam mattresses- they are FOAM. As is plastic, unbreathable sweat poolers. I had one of these on my 6 year olds' bed, and he sweat out like a hormone infested 14 year old.
You have been warned.

That's why you put a waterproof cover on it right when you get it...then wash the cover.

I bought one of these last time they were offered. Couldn't be happier since I was literally an insomniac before this mattress. Its a quality firm mattress that you just sink into and drift off into. Kind of ridiculous actually...don't buy it if you ever wanna get anything done.

jmg13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmg13

I was all set to buy this and then, there it was..."Made in China."

I don't oppose buying 'stuff' from China but anything that has potential health hazards I avoid, e.g.; tainted dry wall, pet treats, foam mattresses with their potential outgassing...

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
space0matic wrote:here's the deal with these newfangled Memory Foam mattresses- they are FOAM. As is plastic, unbreathable sweat poolers. I had one of these on my 6 year olds' bed, and he sweat out like a hormone infested 14 year old.
You have been warned.

Indeed. Lighter weight bedoverings are the order of the day for these things. Stick with a quilt or a bedspread, and avoid the heavy comforters.

The Bamboo Rayon coverlet that Woot sold the other day is a good weight to compliment memory foam. I picked one up, and am able to sleep again. It doesn't retain near as much heat as my previous comforter, but still holds enough to keep me comfy warm without overheating.

solidary121

quality posts: 7 Private Messages solidary121

For those saying that these are on the firmer side, is that just for the 10", or the 8" as well? Do we have any idea on the firmness compared to other memory foam mattresses?

insurgent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages insurgent

"Hey Honey, wanna get it on?!?"
"After they way you acted at dinner tonight with the Jones'? We'll get it on once my new Shun SG0419 Elite 7 inch Santoku arrives!"

ConsarnedOne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ConsarnedOne
sdownin wrote:Indeed. Lighter weight bedoverings are the order of the day for these things. Stick with a quilt or a bedspread, and avoid the heavy comforters.

The Bamboo Rayon coverlet that Woot sold the other day is a good weight to compliment memory foam. I picked one up, and am able to sleep again. It doesn't retain near as much heat as my previous comforter, but still holds enough to keep me comfy warm without overheating.

Even though it's got the convection cooled layer?

I get extremely hot at night but I'm looking for a good mattress and I heard these were wonderful. I have Fibromyalgia and hurt so much a regular mattress just seems to make it worse. Anyone know if this would be the thing or do I need to look elsewhere?

TVGenius

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TVGenius

Do you use these with a standard box spring, or what?

paulconig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages paulconig
gisha001 wrote: Its a quality firm mattress that you just sink into and drift off into. Kind of ridiculous actually...don't buy it if you ever wanna get anything done.

TRUTH!! I literally get stuck in these things. It's not always a bad thing though ;)

I "roll", out of my bed, otherwise I'd be in there all day long LOL

billveik

quality posts: 5 Private Messages billveik

have had mine for roughly 2 years. The manufacturer I believe is Sarah Peyton. The top 2.5" features channels allowing heat to dissipate, then there is 8" solid foam underneath.

I occasionally rotate the mattress, it has not developed any body impressions. In my journey from 345 pounds to 290 it has been nothing but comfortable. Never being able to sleep on my back before, I now do so well, even while recovering from surgery.

I will never use anything but memory foam from now on.

Woo@@@@@@@ooT.........Ooops, was that me?
Beggin' your pardon, it must have been the w@@t soup.

thundering02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thundering02

Too bad theres no Cali King size... you could have suckered me into that one for these prices.

Seventy8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seventy8
ConsarnedOne wrote:Even though it's got the convection cooled layer?

I get extremely hot at night but I'm looking for a good mattress and I heard these were wonderful. I have Fibromyalgia and hurt so much a regular mattress just seems to make it worse. Anyone know if this would be the thing or do I need to look elsewhere?

"Convection cooled" is marketing. There's nothing special about this mattress.

I worked for a small mattress retailer who gave me plenty of "insider" (hah) information on the mattress business.

First, if you're a big guy (or gal), don't expect this mattress to last more than 3 years before the support foam starts to deteriorate. You can help avoid that by rotating the mattress (not flipping, ever) but it's not going to hold up well over time.

Second, no brand name. You might think, well hey now, I'm sure these are the same memory foam mattresses that are sold for hundreds more! No. They're not. The price a retailer pays for one of these beds is roughly $100 for a queen. Yup. They're made cheaply, so they can sell cheaply. You're not getting any sort of deal here.

Third, warranty. I'm not saying go buy Tempurpedic (because they're sold to retailers for 40% of retail, the markup is huge!) but find a reputable mattress store and buy something with a warranty. Preferably one that isn't pro-rated. For instance, in my area (New England) I recommend The Bob-o-Pedic. The queen cost me $800... but that was a 10" mattress and also comes with option of firm, plush, or both. The 8" mattress costs $600. They come with either a 15 or 20 year non-prorated warranty.

In short, go to a physical location to check out beds that have an actual manufacturer, with an actual warranty. These beds are not worth it, in any manner.

tx91791

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tx91791

I purchased the 8 inch queen a few weeks ago. Two of the corners have not fully expanded and the pillows are still flat as pancakes. I unrolled it the day I got it (says within 3 days). If you want a quality mattress (I didn't) skip this one.

stlek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlek

queen spa sensations 8in mattress at wally world for 239

ParadisePete

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ParadisePete
traquy wrote:No twin or full?

I'll second that. I was all set to buy the full for the spare bedroom.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

I've had the 10" one (no pillow top) since July of 2009 and I'm perfectly happy with it. I never slept as good as I do on this mattress.

I bought a cover to put over the mattress to cut down on the heat from the bed as well as the ability to wash it.

It's easier to let it expand if you put it in a warmer room, for whatever reason.

If you're looking for a cheap and comfortable bed, I highly recommend.

bharathrk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bharathrk

Does it come with the mattress cover as shown in the image?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

are these a hodge podge of different foam mattresses from different sources? The 10" looks like plain old skool type of memory foam mattress, while the 8" has all these holes and different foam types.

anyway, if you are a giant tub of lard, you should probably get something with a heavier density, like 5-6LB memory foam. these 4LB ones will squash completely flat, doing nothing for the sleeper.

impaul2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impaul2008

Anyone know which brand this is???

Isaac707

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Isaac707

I got this memory foam mattress a few weeks ago. King size. I was pretty hesitant on buying it, I've shared a king with my girl for a long time. I can't tell you guys how awesome it is though. The first night wasn't the best only because it has this almost paint-like smell to it, but the smell is gone ,( took a few nights) I just tore the sheets off during the day when I was working, and left a window open worked good... If I had the time ( I work a shitload and go to college) I would have sprinkled baking soda or did one of those mattress smelly good technique thingies that can be done to make the mattress smell awesome. Awesome friggen bed so far. I sleep good on it. the pillows are nice. I have 2 temperpedic pillows and I alternate between my temperpedic and the pillow that came w/ this bed. Its a bit slim... but comfy.

At first I thought 8 inches wouldn't be enough....*cough, lol *cough* But its more than enough.
Soft, my girl sleeps on the otherside and I don't wake her up when I'm "catching air" while turning (as she likes to call it) during the night.

Good deal! , I ended up scoring a sweet mattress frame on craigslist. I wanted to build a reinforced platform for it so I just bought a few pieces of particle board, 3 2x6's and one board of 4x4 wood to reinforce the weak bed frame i bought. Couldn't ask for a better bed.. Id post pictures if I could...Its friggin awesome. Okay I'm done.

www.movieboozer.com

drromeo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drromeo

There is one thing no one talks about with memory foam mattresses. Sex.... Remember there is no springs in this, so if your used to recoil with a regular spring mattress during sex, you will not get it with a memory foam mattress. Just putting in my 2 cents...

petercosto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petercosto

Horrible deal. For those of you who want to know how much it costs and what brand it is, as well as the reviews. This is being sold on Overstock for a cheaper price at this link.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Sarah-Peyton-Soft-Luxury-10-inch-Full-size-Memory-Foam-Mattress/4274299/product.html

mjcwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjcwoot

What ever happened to the good old Woot of yore?

Mike Carey

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

What's all this talk about sweating?
I have a 2.5" gel memory foam topper (it's on amazon) and never sweat once so far. Maybe it helps that it's ventilated...?

ryannaughton

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryannaughton

We bought the 8" and probably should have purchased the 10" (only because we replaced a 16" spring mattress). The mattress is firm, but not too firm. It offers support that you can't even describe. It's just everywhere on your body. I have not had a problem sleeping on my side, stomach or back. It's definitely worth the risk of purchasing without laying on it Trick-or-Treat!

findthenbuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages findthenbuy

I bought the 10" Memory Foam Mattress the end of October. Brought the package into the house, opened it up and let the mattress expand for 2 days. Package/shipping container stunk so bad I left the house open for 3 days. Mattress doesn't smell that much better.

A week later decided to test it. I removed the washable cover and laundered it. After a short time, I was able to reinstall it and zip it up; memory foam topper has its own little area where the zipper is hidden. Went to Big Lots and got a Queen waterproof mattress cover - which barely fits. Both the mattress cover and the fitted sheets bunch up terribly, as possibly there isn't enough weight to keep them from staying snug or anchoring in place.

Anyway, the comfort of this bed is amazing. I was having a problem with my one hip hurting on my old super firm mattress, and this just envelopes it and feels great. I haven't used the pillows, as I still am using my original ones - but they seem too thin for my taste.

Anyway - I need something that can anchor the sheets/mattress cover, and I need something to take this stench out of the foam. Considered trying Febreeze or something else like Baking soda HO! HO! HO!

2 plus months and still has an odor stronger than I care to smell.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

findthenbuy wrote:I bought the 10" Memory Foam Mattress the end of October. Brought the package into the house, opened it up and let the mattress expand for 2 days. Package/shipping container stunk so bad I left the house open for 3 days. Mattress doesn't smell that much better.

A week later decided to test it. I removed the washable cover and laundered it. After a short time, I was able to reinstall it and zip it up; memory foam topper has its own little area where the zipper is hidden. Went to Big Lots and got a Queen waterproof mattress cover - which barely fits. Both the mattress cover and the fitted sheets bunch up terribly, as possibly there isn't enough weight to keep them from staying snug or anchoring in place.

Anyway, the comfort of this bed is amazing. I was having a problem with my one hip hurting on my old super firm mattress, and this just envelopes it and feels great. I haven't used the pillows, as I still am using my original ones - but they seem too thin for my taste.

Anyway - I need something that can anchor the sheets/mattress cover, and I need something to take this stench out of the foam. Considered trying Febreeze or something else like Baking soda Dear Princess Celestia…

2 plus months and still has an odor stronger than I care to smell.

It sounds like you need to uncover it for a while longer and let it air out more. Open windows & fans will help. I kinda liked this recommendation:

To quicken the process...

Have everyone in your family put on clean socks and run and jump all over the mattress. You need to just move the old air out so clean air can come in. Open and windows and turn on fans while you do this. Our tempurpedic de-gassed within a couple days by doing this. We got the recommendation from a Relax the Back store, where the owner and his employees would give "the white sock service" before sending out new mattresses.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders