5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LG 47" 1080p LED HDTV
$499.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

mnbigguy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mnbigguy

Tiger Direct has these for $629 refurb, so not a bad price from Woot. I know there isn't much love in the reviews for this TV, but I was very happy with the previous year's model of this TV. Only reason I don't still have it is a remodel and a spiffy new 80" Sharp.

opsouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages opsouth

A refurb & no SmartTV? At least it's 1080p/120hz, ok looking bezel, back lit and energy star compliant.

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

If you want a nightmare without going to sleep buy this TV. I bought an LG TV a few months ago and it was damaged because of improper packing. I thought this issue was resolved but it's not. Go ahead buy it, it's only 11 days till Halloween.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cosmicac wrote:If you want a nightmare without going to sleep buy this TV. I bought an LG TV a few months ago and it was damaged because of improper packing. I thought this issue was resolved but it's not. Go ahead buy it, it's only 11 days till Halloween.

I'm sorry for your experience. There are sometimes a few casualties in shipment. Our records show though that only a very small percentage of the TVs have shipping damage. And our CS will work with you to make it right.

In addition, we do work with our vendors to make improve packaging and shipping methods.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

JLoose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JLoose
cosmicac wrote:If you want a nightmare without going to sleep buy this TV. I bought an LG TV a few months ago and it was damaged because of improper packing. I thought this issue was resolved but it's not. Go ahead buy it, it's only 11 days till Halloween.

So true. I bought this tv off sellout a few weeks ago, and thankfully it showed up without any damage, but the packaging is terrible! a couple of foam pieces holding the TV in place, and a bad photocopy of the warranty. I suppose I should add that I am very happy with it though.

takingflight005005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takingflight005005

Can we get a model number or, you know, ANY kind of unique identifyer for this tv? I'd like to look it up online before I buy.

Or, can someone tell me here: How is this for video games? Latency, picture, sound? What about Blu-Rays?

Thanks.

"Ah, curse your sudden, but inevitable, betrayal!"

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
takingflight005005 wrote:Can we get a model number or, you know, ANY kind of unique identifyer for this tv? I'd like to look it up online before I buy.

Or, can someone tell me here: How is this for video games? Latency, picture, sound? What about Blu-Rays?

Thanks.

I don't know if this will help, but in the picture: "LG 47" 1080p LED HDTV 47LV4400"
As for the higher up posts, I can't find it being sold at sellout.woot in the past. When it has sold, it was also $499.99 from what I can tell.
Tech.woot? Yes:
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5198196

woot? most definitely:
September woot-off
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5174875

September normal sale
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5151832

August woot-off
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5135076

August regular sale with another LG model:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5112769

Cowboy Dann w/manual:

CowboyDann wrote: Here is the Owners manual, Good for 47 and 55 TV's

As always uploaded to google docs for easy viewing

thespiansmc w/manual from main site and energystar

thespiansmc wrote:There is a copy of the energy star sticker here, is that what you want? http://www.lg.com/us/products/documents/LG%2047LV4400%20Energy%20Guide.pdf

For others, the manual and other product info is here: http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LV4400

kenbonilla

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kenbonilla
takingflight005005 wrote:Can we get a model number or, you know, ANY kind of unique identifyer for this tv? I'd like to look it up online before I buy.

47LV4400
Right in the title, that's how lg labels the tv models: size, series, model #

k87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87

thanks. i will stay away. no wonder there are no quality posts here.

AK0R

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AK0R

Ooh! Aah! Shiny! I want one!

cmag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmag

I've never used Woot before. Anyone have a ballpark sense of what they'd charge to ship an item this size?

JBean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JBean
cmag wrote:I've never used Woot before. Anyone have a ballpark sense of what they'd charge to ship an item this size?

Always $5. Can't beat that for the big stuff.

yonian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yonian
cmag wrote:I've never used Woot before. Anyone have a ballpark sense of what they'd charge to ship an item this size?

"Always $5. Can't beat that for the big stuff."

Also, Woot shipping is only $5 for the entire order even if you get two or three.

Hmmm, don't the newest Ivy Bridge chipsets support three monitors? I doubt I can sell the family CFO on that, though.

sturgidson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sturgidson

As another user said, "Always $5." What they mean is this: everything you buy from woot, every time, will be $5 to ship.

bdeaub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdeaub
JBean wrote:Always $5. Can't beat that for the big stuff.

Except...when it comes broken. Like one of the other folks up above I bought this and received it with a big ol' hole in the screen. Not saying don't get it, but be aware that you get $5 worth of packaging on something with a pretty large, fragile surface.

armoak47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armoak47

Boom!!! It's back. Great deal, great tv. I play video games like call of dookie and other fps, and the tv handles it no problem. I'm also a monster nfl fan....maaaaaaan. This tv is clear crisp and most importantly, baller. BUYER BEWARE: YOU NEED AN EXTERNAL AUDIO SYSTEM!!! The speakers on the tv are thinner than Nicole richie in 2003.

dmcd1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmcd1
cosmicac wrote:They sold this thing on sellout? They also tried to sell it on Tech Woot on 10/9/12. It's not a good deal because they still got plenty, so they are trying the smoke and mirrors pony trick and are now selling it on the regular Woot site....

I bought this from woot about 8 weeks ago and it arrived with a broken screen. Woot apologized for not having any replacements, and I purchased the same model somewhere else. A day or two later, it was on the site again. Then on sellout woot. And here it is again. To woot's credit, the return and refund was fast and easy...but I wish I had been offered a replacement since there appear to be plenty of these!

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

It is 5.00 Flat rate shipping on anything on all you can ship. Except for the Shirts and they always ship for free. I hope this helps !!

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

5h1th34d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5h1th34d

Someone above mentioned external speakers. I suspect all slim TVs have the crappy speaker issue. I already have my HT speaker setup that I use for movies and sports, but many times I only want to have the TV on to save power and not piss off the neighbors. Could someone recommend a pair of CHEAP, simple and small speakers for my TV?

Thanks!

sjadam04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjadam04

I bought this exact TV off of Woot for this price just over a month ago and it has been nothing short of perfect. The picture is fantastic. The sound isn't the greatest I've heard from a TV, but we also don't have an additional speaker set or anything and still have no real complaints about it. If you're really into entertainment technology and all that, you may want to get some speakers and stuff to complement this TV.

If you're an average guy like me who just wants a good picture, this TV is a steal. Again, no complaints on the sound, just noting that those who are really, really into technology might have some complaints with the sound.

I think it's great. Best deal I've purchased on Woot!

beloman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beloman
bdeaub wrote:Except...when it comes broken. Like one of the other folks up above I bought this and received it with a big ol' hole in the screen. Not saying don't get it, but be aware that you get $5 worth of packaging on something with a pretty large, fragile surface.

AMEN! I received a woot refurb LCD...and returned because of the horrible packaging- apparently damaged in shipping or ??? The vendor used for that woot apparently does not make any attempt to package contents for FEDEX ground/USPS delivery...mine had only 4 pieces of foam (1 on each corner) to "protect" a 47" flatscreen and the original cardboard box turned inside out for shipment. It was returned for refund.

rexmaximvs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rexmaximvs

I love Woot! but I must tell you that the 47LV4400 was a total disaster for LG & Amazon.

I was going to buy one last year but they had so many problems and complaints on the Amazon page that the model was removed.

Clearly these refurbished 47LV4400's are the ones returned.

I would seriously stay away from this! I opted for a new model from LG and am quite happy!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
sjadam04 wrote:I bought this exact TV off of Woot for this price just over a month ago and it has been nothing short of perfect. The picture is fantastic. The sound isn't the greatest I've heard from a TV, but we also don't have an additional speaker set or anything and still have no real complaints about it. If you're really into entertainment technology and all that, you may want to get some speakers and stuff to complement this TV.

If you're an average guy like me who just wants a good picture, this TV is a steal. Again, no complaints on the sound, just noting that those who are really, really into technology might have some complaints with the sound.

I think it's great. Best deal I've purchased on Woot!

I have been looking for a good deal in a LED this size and when I saw this I thought, today may be the day! But, even with your glowing review (which I have no reason to doubt) all the horror stories on shoddy packaging and damaged goods has me scared off now. Until I start seeing some great reviews on packaging, I will continue to pass.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy
charliecarroll wrote:I have been looking for a good deal in a LED this size and when I saw this I thought, today may be the day! But, even with your glowing review (which I have no reason to doubt) all the horror stories on shoddy packaging and damaged goods has me scared off now. Until I start seeing some great reviews on packaging, I will continue to pass.

Woot has a 90 Day warranty for a reason. I've had problems with shipping before and Woot customer service as never failed to provide quick and easy service. That's one of the great parts about deal hunting on Woot, you don't have to worry about the shipping, just your time and your bottom line.

Done and done! ;)

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

I don't care if it was new LG tv's must have a high failure rate, I see the refurbs all the time.....PASS.

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

screaminrevs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages screaminrevs
5h1th34d wrote:Someone above mentioned external speakers. I suspect all slim TVs have the crappy speaker issue. I already have my HT speaker setup that I use for movies and sports, but many times I only want to have the TV on to save power and not piss off the neighbors. Could someone recommend a pair of CHEAP, simple and small speakers for my TV?

Thanks!

Just pick up a basic set of stereo computer speakers according to your budget. Make sure that they are not USB speakers, then you just plug them into the headphone or audio jack on the TV, and voila, cheap and easy audio upgrade!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dmcd1 wrote:I bought this from woot about 8 weeks ago and it arrived with a broken screen. Woot apologized for not having any replacements, and I purchased the same model somewhere else. A day or two later, it was on the site again. Then on sellout woot. And here it is again. To woot's credit, the return and refund was fast and easy...but I wish I had been offered a replacement since there appear to be plenty of these!

Most likely it was true that we didn't have replacements at that time. Subsequent sales have been from new orders placed with our vendor. Customer Service doesn't have access to info for future sales and can't make replacements from them. Sorry for the problems. I hope you'll give us another chance.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ubaid1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ubaid1

Debating between snatching this now or waiting for black Friday. I dont need it now. I wanted to stay within this price range.

I need a 46 inch, probably using a 360 for Netflix and maybe boxee if I don't get a smart tv.

nsoccer2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nsoccer2

Help! How do I cancel a order? I contacted service but have not received a response. Is woot open on Saturday?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nsoccer2 wrote:Help! How do I cancel a order? I contacted service but have not received a response. Is woot open on Saturday?

Usually Member Services only responds to cancellations Monday through Friday. You can email them at service@woot.com and include your username, order number and the word "CANCEL" in the subject line.

If you are unable to cancel your order, I've also forwarded your issue onto Member Services and someone should respond shortly.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

charliecarroll

skispeakeasy wrote:Woot has a 90 Day warranty for a reason. I've had problems with shipping before and Woot customer service as never failed to provide quick and easy service. That's one of the great parts about deal hunting on Woot, you don't have to worry about the shipping, just your time and your bottom line.

I have all the confidence in the world Woot would make it right but my time does mean somthing and I don't want to be taking it up shipping and re-shipping. But, thank you for the reply.

nsoccer2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nsoccer2

Thank you!

ROGETRAY wrote:Usually Member Services only responds to cancellations Monday through Friday. You can email them at service@woot.com and include your username, order number and the word "CANCEL" in the subject line.

I believe you can also cancel your order through the "Your Account" page. Click "Your Account" and select the "View Order Details" from the "Purchased List" on the left hand side.
There SHOULD be an option to cancel your order.

If you are unable to cancel your order, I've also forwarded your issue onto Member Services and someone should respond shortly.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

nsoccer2 wrote:Help! How do I cancel a order? I contacted service but have not received a response. Is woot open on Saturday?

Hello NSoccer2,
Your order has been cancelled and refunded.
Please allow a few business days for a refund to appear in your account.
Thanks,
Phil
Woot Member Services

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

johnnyboy28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyboy28

$5, that's it!

johnnyboy28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyboy28

I don't know what everyone else is complaining about. I bought one a few months back and there's been no issues what so ever. I'm coming back to purchase another right now. Thanks woot!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

I would like to take a moment to say that it was FANTASTIC of Raoul from home.woot to pose for the image on the LG 47" 1080P LED HDTV.

;D

charliecarroll

BPL5683 wrote:Hello NSoccer2,
Your order has been cancelled and refunded.
Please allow a few business days for a refund to appear in your account.
Thanks,
Phil
Woot Member Services

Way to go WOOT! Now that is EXTREME Customer Service. Sunday no less.

wojoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wojoe

According to CNET you should never buy a refurbished TV. Here is a link to the CNET article: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7-57509549-10391733/three-tech-items-you-should-never-buy-refurbished/