WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Flex Watches: The Time Is Now

You need time to get things done. But you also need to make time for charity. We've got a compromise. Each Flex Watch is colorfully bonded to a different charity that gets a portion of the profits. Think of it as sharing your time with those in need.
Flex Watches official site

Quality Posts

• (9:59 AM, 10/23/2012) [Insider] flexguy describes the Flex watch.
  • (10:40 AM, 10/23/2012) [STAFF] newfiepage assists with tween sizing.
  • (5:26 PM, 10/23/2012) miken927 received a phone call from the 80's?!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Who watches the Flex watch? What's your color and cause today?

I'm just hanging out, really.

KLibecco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KLibecco

These look suspiciously like CROW watches I bought from Woot awhile back.

http://sellout.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4331035

Unfortunately, the movement wasn't strong enough to move the hands around the giant face and it strained the battery, killing it shortly after receiving the three I purchased.

Does anyone know if this is the same manufacturer, or is it different?

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup
KLibecco wrote:These look suspiciously like CROW watches I bought from Woot awhile back.

Unfortunately, the movement wasn't strong enough to move the hands around the giant face and it strained the battery, killing it shortly after receiving the three I purchased.

agree and my crow watches were junk. One completely broken and the other was just ugly.. never wore it (well actually both were ugly but only one was broken)

ETA - i just looked up the specs for the crow watch and they are slightly different than this one..

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

shifuimam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shifuimam

I'm a little disappointed that the bands aren't for sale separately, and the official site doesn't even have different bands for the mini.

Of course, the mini is still too big for my impossibly tiny girly wrist - the face is 43x44mm, and my wrist is only 50mm wide.

flexguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flexguy
KLibecco wrote:These look suspiciously like CROW watches I bought from Woot awhile back.

The FLEX watches use first class components - Japanese batteries with high output, a 6 screw rear locking back plate for extra water resistance coupled with a deep gully internal seal.

It's really a great, high quality fashionable watch and supports so many charities with each sale.

The faces and bands separate to be able to mix and match the styles.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Why are the dimensions for the Mini exactly the same as the dimensions for the regular watch (according to case height, width, depth and band width and circumference).

What is mini about them??

EDIT - I see that some mini watches have the same dimensions posted as the regular (specifically I checked the mini black) but when I look at others, the light blue mini lists different smaller dimensions as expected, but then the regular blue mini doesn't list any dimensions at all.....

Can we get some consistency please?

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

countdown wrote:Why are the dimensions for the Mini exactly the same as the dimensions for the regular watch (according to case height, width, depth and band width and circumference).

What is mini about them??

EDIT - I see that some mini watches have the same dimensions posted as the regular (specifically I checked the mini black) but when I look at others, the light blue mini lists different smaller dimensions as expected, but then the regular blue mini doesn't list any dimensions at all.....

Can we get some consistency please?

Great catch. I'll change the specs of the minis to make sure they reflect their true minidom nature. (one too many copy and paste in this sale)

teeemags

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teeemags

I see there are regular and Mini watches. Which would be better for tweens? (In my case, 12-13 year old boys)

newfiepage

Staff

teeemags wrote:I see there are regular and Mini watches. Which would be better for tweens? (In my case, 12-13 year old boys)

definitely the mini

Isaboue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Isaboue

I am a little upset that you can choose colors for one order so to save on shipping since they are coming from the same place. *sigh

KRoyal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KRoyal

I was going to ask that. I want to order 4 of them but I'm not paying 5 dollars shipping for each one.

hattydraper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hattydraper
Isaboue wrote:I am a little upset that you can choose colors for one order so to save on shipping since they are coming from the same place. *sigh

Once you pay for shipping once per day, everything else ships for free!!

newfiepage

Staff

KRoyal wrote:I was going to ask that. I want to order 4 of them but I'm not paying 5 dollars shipping for each one.

Shipping is always only $5 a day for all orders. Buy as much or as little as you want. Once you make one purchase with $5 shipping, the rest of your purchases that day are free shipping.

So buy a couple watches, unlock free shipping, and then go find something really heavy to ship for free before midnight.

bigolddaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigolddaddy

Dumb question but does it still mean a donation goes to the charity?

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

If I bought more than 1 of the mini, can I swap out the face of the watch with another color band? Say put an orange face on a blue band?

guaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guaglio

Can anyone say how durable these would be on a typically active five year old boy's wrist, please?

ssand23

guaglio wrote:Can anyone say how durable these would be on a typically active five year old boy's wrist, please?

This is a good question! Are these sturdy enough for kids in general? And would the Mini fit on a child's wrist?

alsz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alsz21
ssand23 wrote:If I bought more than 1 of the mini, can I swap out the face of the watch with another color band? Say put an orange face on a blue band?

Yes, you can swap them out but they both have the be minis. I am just trying to figure out how to order more than one at once.

ssand23

alsz21 wrote:Yes, you can swap them out but they both have the be minis. I am just trying to figure out how to order more than one at once.

Thank you! If you'd like different colors, I believe you will have to order them as separate transactions but it will automatically not charge shipping for the 2nd one. It will show that you have unlocked free shipping until midnight.

jayfrigo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayfrigo

Are the mini watches basically women's watches and the regular size watches for men?

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

The official website says that 10% of the price of the watch goes to charity, with $5 of each watch going to breast cancer charity this month. The breast cancer charity they've chosen to align with is the "Keep a Breast Foundation."

I'd rather donate my money directly to a cause than let any company make money off of an illness.

http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/

newfiepage

Staff

guaglio wrote:Can anyone say how durable these would be on a typically active five year old boy's wrist, please?

I think they'd be a little big for a 5yo. Plus, it doesn't have all the #'s so it may be hard for them to tell time or learn to tell time with it. It would be more of a true accessory.

newfiepage

Staff

bigolddaddy wrote:Dumb question but does it still mean a donation goes to the charity?

Yes, the donations are based on the purchase of inventory from the manufacturer. So, all of these donations are already earmarked for their designated charities. The only question is if the donation will be from Woot or you?

guaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guaglio
newfiepage wrote:I think they'd be a little big for a 5yo. Plus, it doesn't have all the #'s so it may be hard for them to tell time or learn to tell time with it. It would be more of a true accessory.

Ah yes, I didn't notice they don't at least have little lines or marks for the hours. No numbers is okay, but no lines/marks is not for a little one. Thanks!

asanville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asanville

Does anyone know how to clean this style of watch band? I got one a few years ago and it got really stained.

jmencio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmencio

I picked up some of these CROW watches too - you can replace the battery yourself with a jeweler's screwdriver and battery number LR626 if you ever wanted to use them again. Just make sure you keep the rubber O ring around.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

I'm in for a 1 gray one. Thanks for the sweet deal woot! You always know what time it is.

urocyon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urocyon

Not a single animal welfare or conservation charity. How homocentric.

--
Forgive me, Vixy. I was young, in love, and had a spare bomb!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

The '80s called, they want their watches back!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

teeemags

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teeemags
newfiepage wrote:definitely the mini

Thanks!

ghs235

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghs235
ssand23 wrote:If I bought more than 1 of the mini, can I swap out the face of the watch with another color band? Say put an orange face on a blue band?

"Some men just want to watch the world burn".
- Alfred Pennyworth.

And yes, you can do that. If you are from Burma.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ghs235 wrote:"Some men just want to watch the world burn".
- Alfred Pennyworth.

And yes, you can do that. If you are from Burma.

ghs235

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghs235
flexguy wrote:The FLEX watches use first class components - Japanese batteries with high output, a 6 screw rear locking back plate for extra water resistance coupled with a deep gully internal seal.

It's really a great, high quality fashionable watch and supports so many charities with each sale.

The faces and bands separate to be able to mix and match the styles.

Nice try, owner of Flex.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

I also bought a watch just like these by RUBR, wonder if i can switch the faces.....hmmmm

loribeads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loribeads

Is that why they all died so quickly? One was DOA and the other one was dead within days. Didn't much matter, though, because they were so very unattractive that I never put one on anyway.

pinho11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinho11

I'm so sad. I didn't get a pink one or a black one do you guys no if they might be available in the future.

Thank you

gemmabeads

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gemmabeads

Ugh - Green is sold out?! I really want/need a green one. Any chance this offer will return?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pinho11 wrote:I'm so sad. I didn't get a pink one or a black one do you guys no if they might be available in the future.

Thank you

gemmabeads wrote:Ugh - Green is sold out?! I really want/need a green one. Any chance this offer will return?

We don't have information on future sales but I encourage you to keep checking back. Popular items do have a tendency to return. I mean look at the Dysons.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

Disappointed it doesn't say HOW much is to charity and what charity it is for.

Even on their own web site there is no information I can find.