newfiepage


quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

seahokedrama wrote:Disappointed it doesn't say HOW much is to charity and what charity it is for.

Even on their own web site there is no information I can find.



Flex's big thing is 10/10/10, as communicated on their website. That's 10 charities, 10 colors, 10 percent. The donation is a percentage of original cost, not retail (so buy it for $40 at Zappos and the charity will receive the same amount as they do here).

There is a video link to each charity in the write-ups. Check'em out, they're worth donating to regardless of whether you buy a watch or not.

curli76


quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
seahokedrama wrote:Disappointed it doesn't say HOW much is to charity and what charity it is for.

Even on their own web site there is no information I can find.




From what I found on their website, 10% of the cost of the watch goes to each charity. I believe that's based on the wholesale cost to the seller, which is less than the cost we would pay. So, less than $1 per watch.

If you click on each individual watch on this site, you will be told what charity the watches support. You can then look up the charity to see whether or not it's something you want to support. . . not that it matters, because I believe that a Woot staffer said they had already purchased inventory from Flex, so the charities get the money whether we buy the watches or not.

Slacktivism at its best.

slacker44


quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
curli76 wrote:From what I found on their website, 10% of the cost of the watch goes to each charity. I believe that's based on the wholesale cost to the seller, which is less than the cost we would pay. So, less than $1 per watch.

If you click on each individual watch on this site, you will be told what charity the watches support. You can then look up the charity to see whether or not it's something you want to support. . . not that it matters, because I believe that a Woot staffer said they had already purchased inventory from Flex, so the charities get the money whether we buy the watches or not.

Slacktivism at its best.




"Flex donates 10 percent of our annual profits evenly to the organizations teamed up with us." This slacker does not advocate slacktivism. Why not just donate directly to a charity of your choice and skip the junk watch?!

cinoclav


quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

More importantly, these are the watches associated with MTV and The Real World. They might be the best darn watch ever made, but that association is enough to keep me from buying them.

Disclaimer: I highly doubt they're the best darn watches ever made, even with those 6 screws holding that backplate on...

Madhadda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Madhadda

How did I miss this one!! Ahhhhh!!!

kingdavecako


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingdavecako

pinho11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinho11
ThunderThighs wrote:We don't have information on future sales but I encourage you to keep checking back. Popular items do have a tendency to return. I mean look at the Dysons.



That would be awesome if they would..Thanks =)

harleygal14


quality posts: 2 Private Messages harleygal14

Anyone get their watch yet? I got a mini one and was expecting to get a lot smaller size based upon this description:
Case Height 34mm
Case Width 35mm
Case Depth 12mm
Band Width 3/4"
Band Circumference/Length 7"
Weight 1.28 oz

Mine has the same size except the band circumference/length. It is 7" if you don't include the watch face, I guess I was assuming the watch face was included in the circumference. Not sure how this is a mini or how it would fit a child. It looks huge on my wrist!

ladystrange25


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladystrange25
harleygal14 wrote:Anyone get their watch yet? I got a mini one and was expecting to get a lot smaller size based upon this description:
Case Height 34mm
Case Width 35mm
Case Depth 12mm
Band Width 3/4"
Band Circumference/Length 7"
Weight 1.28 oz

Mine has the same size except the band circumference/length. It is 7" if you don't include the watch face, I guess I was assuming the watch face was included in the circumference. Not sure how this is a mini or how it would fit a child. It looks huge on my wrist!



I wish I bought the mini, I got the regular size cause I was afraid the mini wouldn't fit. This watch is ginormous! I'm not sure what to do with it now.

Oh and on the back it says Made by CROW.

testudoaubreii


quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

I got mine, and I found it hilarious that they were all shipped separately (I got more than one). I'm glad I got minis, though, since they're large enough as it is, and I don't have man hands or man wrists.

One thing I'm having trouble with is changing the time - the button on the side won't budge in, out, or around. I'd rather not have to use pliers on the watches, particularly if there's some kind of trick that won't end up potentially ruining the movement.

EDIT: The handy husband did indeed take the pliers to it and got it to go. Hopefully a sticky wheel is the only problem this little guy has, and isn't as flimsy as others have been.

shifuimam


quality posts: 2 Private Messages shifuimam

They're big on my tiny little girl wrists (got two minis), but that seems to be in vogue these days.

I am kicking myself hard for not shelling out for all the colors, though. I want to change them with my mood! Will definitely buy again if they come back.