0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

• (5:44 PM, 10/24/2012) miken927 shows us DJ KITTENZ

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Gaming Headset for PC
$2.99 + $5 Standard OR $8 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Looks like the one that was sold for the Xbox 360 as a "Madden" headset

\

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

bfs216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfs216

Are we sure this will work this time?

mycommunityname

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mycommunityname

Does it have to be used for gaming, or can I pace the sidelines pretending to be a coach?

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o

so now you can pretend you're an NFL coach on chatroulette?

Let's go Duke!

jcps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcps
Charitwo wrote:

That's terrifying.

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o

today is my first day back to Woot! after a long absence. I think I might have been better off.

Let's go Duke!

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

A mono gaming headset? Wow.

TeknoKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TeknoKid

Too bad these PC headsets don't have cables which would be required to work with the Xbox 360 =p

I'd be in for 3..

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
mycommunityname wrote:Does it have to be used for gaming, or can I pace the sidelines pretending to be a coach?

Until you get thrown out.

weenpeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weenpeen
Charitwo wrote:

I saw that and thought, "Where have i seen this before?" and then remembered the answer was in my most terrifying nightmares

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot
jcps wrote:That's terrifying.

I was wondering if someone would bring up Mandy the Mannequin.

elwood32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elwood32

2.99? haunt it, might as well. One ear kinda defeats the purpose for games that really rely on hearing all the sounds, but at the same time whenever I talk to someone using a headset that covers both ears it feels like I can't control the volume of my voice and end up moving it to the side anyway.

weenpeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weenpeen

I might buy it if it werent so damn ridiculous looking,

dsbos1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsbos1

Id buy it if it were stereo.

srs, who games in mono?

jon98gn

TeknoKid wrote:Too bad these PC headsets don't have cables which would be required to work with the Xbox 360 =p

I'd be in for 3..

The xbox 360 controller uses a 2.5 mm feed I thought, which I thought this comes with. The major difference is that I think this one may also come with a USB option, but they don't have a picture where you can see the output of the headset.

UPDATE: Hmm.. it's a 2.5 mm going into a headset and then converted to a USB. So I guess that cable won't work. I wonder if it'll work if you use a 2.5mm to 2.5mm

\

dekelmerin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dekelmerin

Can i watch movies on my computer or skype with this headset ?

benmason

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benmason

Finally something I can buy for my friend who has one ear. I just remember he only has his right ear, so this wouldn't work.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Maybe it'd be good for DJing?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

nynupe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nynupe
jon98gn wrote:The xbox 360 controller uses a 2.5 mm feed I thought, which I thought this comes with. The major difference is that I think this one may also come with a USB option, but they don't have a picture where you can see the output of the headset.

i bought one when it was advertised as a 360 headset. it only comes with USB, thus it won't work for a 360. Supposedly, there's an adapter out there somewhere.

bueno26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bueno26
jon98gn wrote:Looks like the one that was sold for the Xbox 360 as a "Madden" headset

It is that one except for the fact that the one labeled xbox was actullay PC and now im stuck with it

jon98gn

bueno26 wrote:It is that one except for the fact that the one labeled xbox was actullay PC and now im stuck with it

Has anyone tried just plugging a male 2.5 mm to male 2.5 mm into the controller?

\

cardoors32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cardoors32

got 2 of these last woot off. First they were lost in transit, then after about a month I got them and neither of the two worked.

Also, holy tight as hell. They're like a vice.

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
dsbos1 wrote:Id buy it if it were stereo.

srs, who games in mono?

I've known some people who use teamspeak or vent or whatever on their laptop while they play a game on their desktop. (Especially if they're running the server on the laptop.) so it could be useful for that.

Of course... that was years ago, before multi-cores were popular. I haven't been on voice chat in years.

EltonNoway

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
cardoors32 wrote:... holy tight as hell.

Now that's tight!

freakyjoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakyjoker
mycommunityname wrote:Does it have to be used for gaming, or can I pace the sidelines pretending to be a coach?

how can they be used for gaming at all it doesn't have two headphones.

goosedaddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages goosedaddy

Bought this over a year ago, but for Xbox. Still works and MUCH more comfortable than the Xbox-branded models. It sounds good to me, but this is just a headset for talking crap against other online gamers, not my audio-phile speakers.

freshaire67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freshaire67
benmason wrote:Finally something I can buy for my friend who has one ear. I just remember he only has his right ear, so this wouldn't work.

If he gets surgery to move his mouth to the back of his neck he could wear it backward

TeknoKid

jon98gn wrote:The xbox 360 controller uses a 2.5 mm feed I thought, which I thought this comes with. The major difference is that I think this one may also come with a USB option, but they don't have a picture where you can see the output of the headset.

UPDATE: Hmm.. it's a 2.5 mm going into a headset and then converted to a USB. So I guess that cable won't work. I wonder if it'll work if you use a 2.5mm to 2.5mm

I was joking. These were sold on woot previously as Xbox 360 headsets and those of us who purchased them went through a two month odyssey of pain while woot attempted repeatedly to procure the Xbox cables (which do exist.. Motorola sells a version of this headset with the Xbox cables) and just refunded everyone’s money last week..

jrbw3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrbw3

Would this work for google voice phone calls and such on pc?

Now too many to list, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to scroll it.
Suffice it to say, my retirement fund suffers, but I enjoy good juice.

TeknoKid

jrbw3 wrote:Would this work for google voice phone calls and such on pc?

Yes. It is intended for such things. not to replace your PC audio but to enable voice communication.

RiscX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RiscX

Got the Motorola x205 headsets today, 10-31-12, with no cables. Anyone else get these... and did your come with the PC cable they were suppose too?

spidy96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spidy96
RiscX wrote:Got the Motorola x205 headsets today, 10-31-12, with no cables. Anyone else get these... and did your come with the PC cable they were suppose too?

I received mine today as well without cable. Useless in such a shape. Sent woot a message, will see what happens.

tinachaffee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tinachaffee

So far this does not work on my PC.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tinachaffee wrote:So far this does not work on my PC.

Not working item? Please feel free to contact the manufacturer for a replacement or support@woot.com for your options.

I'm just hanging out, really.

davidwido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidwido

this was actually about a 3 dollar headset just as advertised. It worked for about an hour. Now I can't get sound, just the occasional crackle. Great product!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

davidwido wrote:this was actually about a 3 dollar headset just as advertised. It worked for about an hour. Now I can't get sound, just the occasional crackle. Great product!

Sorry for the problems. Remember, it has a one-year Motorola warranty. Be sure to contact them for warranty service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mattstairs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattstairs
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. Remember, it has a one-year Motorola warranty. Be sure to contact them for warranty service.

Mine seems to be DOA how do I return this?