2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill
$54.99 + $5 Standard OR $24 Two-Day OR $27 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

Good grill. Had one for about 5 years until the dog ate the power cord.

brass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brass
xochiluvr wrote:Good grill. Had one for about 5 years until the dog ate the power cord.

Power cords can be replaced

propenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages propenguin

Grill looks cool and another stealthy way of Woot saying, the woot off Bucket of Candy predictability's Goose is cooked.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

Please save the mods a lot of time and effort and post your complaints here.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5219174&pageindex=1&replycount=0

As for the product: Amazon review ( http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman-GGR50B-Indoor-Outdoor/product-reviews/B00004W499 )

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

pegwhipped

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pegwhipped
xochiluvr wrote:Good grill. Had one for about 5 years until the dog ate the power cord.

Hope it wasn't plugged in!

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude

This grill is great for cooking a whole bunch of bacon at once. It drains nicely and cooks evenly.

stickmanftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickmanftw

Anyone know if this works in space?

mikeq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeq

Are the washable parts dishwasher safe? I read the manual but it didn't say.

propenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages propenguin

Will note, best price I have found online.

zikzak

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zikzak
Lintrix wrote:Why has the comments section been so heavily moderated?

Been a Wooter for over 8 years and this was never the vision of Woot. Let the community speak and you LISTEN. That's how it works, Amazon.

If you've been here for 8 years it's surprising you had not noticed that this is nothing new.

Woot typically loosens the reins of the forum threads during a Woot-off, and of course we totally get into it. But as soon as the Woot-off is over, Woot returns to its normal moderation behavior of keeping posts (mostly) on topic so that it will stay informative to shoppers. Wooters who just came out of a Woot-off might still be used to the freewheeling Woot-off threads and need to be reined in again when the first normal item returns after a Woot-off.

It's been this way for years. I see it after every Woot-off. I made one of the first off-topic comments on this thread (relating it to the Woot-off which was now over) and was completely expecting my comment to be removed. It was. No surprise to me.

pjoeltyler

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pjoeltyler
TechDiva wrote:You are alive! I thought it might have been one of your posts to which I was responding. Did you have anything disparaging to say about this Woot-Off?

Yeah, just about how Woot was built as an online community of somewhat eccentric deal-seakers, and since the Amazon takeover, they've slowly been "pushing out" traditional woot-ers. They still may do just fine, but I think they're losing their core.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lintrix wrote:Why has the comments section been so heavily moderated?

Been a Wooter for over 8 years and this was never the vision of Woot. Let the community speak and you LISTEN. That's how it works, Amazon.

pjoeltyler wrote:Yeah, just about how Woot was built as an online community of somewhat eccentric deal-seakers, and since the Amazon takeover, they've slowly been "pushing out" traditional woot-ers. They still may do just fine, but I think they're losing their core.

Nope, modding the same as I always have. It's just like zikzak said above, we return the focus to the products once the woot-off is over. There's a thread started in World of Woot to comment on the woot-off. And I probably wouldn't disagree with many of those comments.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SolaraGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SolaraGuy

We're supposed to leave after thoughts in the World of Woot tab above.

mikecris

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mikecris

Quick, somebody convince me why having this take up space in my kitchen is better than just having a counter top Foreman grill or a grill-type skillet to go on the stove (granted I do live in a house.)

JordanOdneal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JordanOdneal

Many newer vehicles are coming with power outlets in the rear hatch area (see 2013 Toyota 4Runner) to help enhance the tailgaters experience. Seems like a good idea to me

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

Not many people realize this product makes use of a large amount of recycled materials.

The grill components are clearly installed inside the hull of what used to be a tiny alien spacecraft. Just look at it!

TurkishSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurkishSteve

I'm really tempted to get this, but I can't seem to find out if I can get a flat plate to go in it so I could cook up pancakes or omelettes, ect... I might end up buying it anyway, but It'd be a done deal if I could confirm that I could get a flat plate for it.

jstanley1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jstanley1

I've had 2 George Foreman grills since 2005 and I love them. My only issue is I live on the beach and the salt air rusts them every few years. (To be expected of any grill). So I'm in for another at this great price.

It grills very well, more than enough heat, food tastes great, easy cleanup, and these grills are condo approved (no flame).

My condo has a gas grill in the common area. But it's such a production to lug everything down there and wait in line. Instead I just step out on my balcony with my drink, and I've grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages, shrimp, scallops, steaks, pork, chicken, veggies, etc. You even get the grill lines on the steak. Even cooking across the entire surface.

For people who can't have a traditional grill where they live, this grill is one of the only good alternatives, and the price is well worth it. If you've never had one you'll be surprised how well it grills.

kevadu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevadu
stickmanftw wrote:Anyone know if this works in space?

Can't imagine any reason it wouldn't, but finding an outlet might be tough.

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
TurkishSteve wrote:I'm really tempted to get this, but I can't seem to find out if I can get a flat plate to go in it so I could cook up pancakes or omelettes, ect... I might end up buying it anyway, but It'd be a done deal if I could confirm that I could get a flat plate for it.

I've looked around, but there doesn't seem to be one that's George Foreman brand that would fit this grill. There may be a different brand that would work, but I'm not sure.

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66

I have owned a few George Foreman grills over the years and haven't been totally satisfied with the flavor it gives certain foods. Hamburgers and hotdogs grills really well on it but steaks and chicken just doesn't taste right. So my question is to anyone who owns this grill does it pass the taste test? Can you really cook a whole chicken on it? I know the steak will look pretty with grill marks but how does it really taste?

robblarsen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robblarsen

I had this grill for a couple a while a couple years ago. I was living in a small efficiency and wanted the grilling experience without the propane (my building wouldn't allow it) and I didnt want to put up with charcoal.

For the most part it creates the satisfaction of grilling outdoors and the like. Sit outside, turn some burgers over a beer or two, it was nice.

Couple complaints:

1. Its an over sized, one sided typical George Foreman grill. Have no illusions, if you purchased a regular Foreman grill, the taste of the food would be exactly the same. You are paying for an experience that you would otherwise not have (if you have a similar situation I did).

2. Price. I bought this about 3-4 years ago and paid $5 more than Woot has it today (on Amazon). It had a silver top vs. the red one, but that was the only difference.

beebles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beebles

I bought the silver top model of this grill about 2 1/2 years ago when we moved into a unit with a "no gas grills/flames on the balcony" rule.

It does give the experience of real grilling and makes great burgers and dogs. My favorite is grilled veggies and you can make a ton of them on the large plate. I have had no issues with mine.

As to the flat plate: no go. I searched high and low and couldn't find one. What I would give for them to make this exact grill with one side flat and the other with the slots...

Any instruction book that I've read about these grills says not to use bone in meats so I would imagine a full chicken wouldn't work out too well. I've never tried it though.

I love this grill. One word of advice: right after you take the food off, turn it off take a cup of water and pour it on the grill plate. Then wipe down with wet paper towels. Leaving it until later to clean can be an unpleasant experience.

nathlar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nathlar
JordanOdneal wrote:Many newer vehicles are coming with power outlets in the rear hatch area (see 2013 Toyota 4Runner) to help enhance the tailgaters experience. Seems like a good idea to me

Note, this draws 1600 watts. Most vehicle inverters are well below 1000 watts.

Steffanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steffanie
mellobeth66 wrote:I have owned a few George Foreman grills over the years and haven't been totally satisfied with the flavor it gives certain foods. Hamburgers and hotdogs grills really well on it but steaks and chicken just doesn't taste right. So my question is to anyone who owns this grill does it pass the taste test? Can you really cook a whole chicken on it? I know the steak will look pretty with grill marks but how does it really taste?

I dont have this grill, but if you want to cook a whole chicken on this type of grill i would recommend you butterfly it and put a foil wrapped brick on top. Giada has a good recipe for this if you need instructions. Butterflying it will allow it to cook evenly and quicker. (Brick alternate is a fancy , high
priced cast iron weight, but we're wooters, so Im thinking youll opt for the brick.)

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66
Steffanie wrote:I dont have this grill, but if you want to cook a whole chicken on this type of grill i would recommend you butterfly it and put a foil wrapped brick on top. Giada has a good recipe for this if you need instructions. Butterflying it will allow it to cook evenly and quicker. (Brick alternate is a fancy , high
priced cast iron weight, but we're wooters, so Im thinking youll opt for the brick.)

I figured I would have to butterfly the chicken but I never thought of the brick, that's a great idea, thank you.

wkhill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wkhill
brass wrote:Power cords can be replaced

So can dogs!!!

bellehelene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellehelene
kevadu wrote:Can't imagine any reason it wouldn't, but finding an outlet might be tough.

One word: GRAVITY.

Won't get any grill lines on all those little shrimp bobbing around in the dome space.

Bellehelene

eyaknad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyaknad

How does this compare to a grill pan? Since it has a cover, it automatically trumps mine, but I am wondering if that is enough to warrant purchase.

whizbang77045

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whizbang77045

How long does it take to grill a George Foreman?

MzHartz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MzHartz

I had one of these for a few years and eventually got rid of it. It cooked great, but I had 2 problems with it:

1) Space. This is the size of a regular grill. I'm not sure if you could leave it outdoors like a regular grill, but I wasn't comfortable doing that. So it took up space in my kitchen forever. Which would have been fine if I used it all the time. But I didn't because,

2) Cleanup. First, you have to clean it right away. Once the stuff cools, it sticks, and it's hard to get in between the grills. Second, it's huge, too large to fit in my sink. I saw someone asking about it being dishwasher safe, but I don't know if it would fit in a dishwasher.

This would be a good product for some people, just not for me. I later wished I would've just got the tabletop version.

therealjrn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages therealjrn
whizbang77045 wrote:How long does it take to grill a George Foreman?

It'll probably take awhile, but if you butterfly him and put a couple of foil-wrapped bricks on top he'll cook more evenly.

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

400 watts isnt going to power much. You need a good size inverter and some nice size batteries.

JordanOdneal wrote:Many newer vehicles are coming with power outlets in the rear hatch area (see 2013 Toyota 4Runner) to help enhance the tailgaters experience. Seems like a good idea to me

inthelead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages inthelead

I can't tell how much you can cook at one time. I mean George Foreman is a big guy and needs a lot of food. How many burgers fit on this at a time? Is this a slider cooker or can it handle a full load?

eyaknad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyaknad

If I can't use this for beer-can chicken, then I can't buy it.

MikeWeiner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MikeWeiner

I got one of these and I have to tell ya', it does a great job, its SUPER easy to clean, and gets me around the "no fires on the balcony" of my apartment rule nicely and legally.

I'm VERY happy with mine!

dreader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreader
mellobeth66 wrote:I have owned a few George Foreman grills over the years and haven't been totally satisfied with the flavor it gives certain foods. Hamburgers and hotdogs grills really well on it but steaks and chicken just doesn't taste right. So my question is to anyone who owns this grill does it pass the taste test? Can you really cook a whole chicken on it? I know the steak will look pretty with grill marks but how does it really taste?

Agree about the taste. I think the expectation may be food should taste the way it does on a flame grill, and fact is it will never be the same. It is a good grill though you need to watch for smoke if you use it inside. It will set off your smoke alarm.

Texas Cybergal
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." - Sign in Albert Einstein's office